The Innocuous Bride | 18+

buttercup_cameo ą¤¦ą„ą¤µą¤¾ą¤°ą¤¾

āœ§š“š”šž šŒšššŸš¢šš š›šØš¬š¬ & š”š¢š¬ šˆš§š§šØšœš®šØš®š¬ š›š«š¢ššžāœ§ "Look at you baby, I surely turn my good... ą¤…ą¤§ą¤æą¤•

šœš”ššš«šššœš­šžš« šššžš¬š­š”šžš­š¢šœš¬
šŸŽšŸŽ | š«šžššš
šŸŽšŸ | š°š¢š„š šššš¢š¬š²
šŸŽšŸ | šš«šžš¬š¬
šŸŽšŸ‘ | šœššš«šžšŸš®š„ š¬š¦šØš¤šž
šŸŽšŸ’ | š¦šØšØš§š„š¢š š”š­
šŸŽšŸ“ | š›š®š­š­šžš«š¦š¢š„š¤
šŸŽšŸ” | š¬š°šžšžš­ šœš«šžššš­š®š«šž
šŸŽšŸ• | šš®šœš¤š„š¢š§š š¬
šŸŽšŸ– | š¬šžšœš«šžš­ š”š®š¦
šŸŽšŸ— | š®š§š¢šÆšžš«š¬šž'š¬ š šØš„ššžš§ š©š„ššš²
šŸšŸŽ | šš š¬šžš§š¬šž šØšŸ š°ššš«š¦š­š”
šŸšŸ | š¬š­š«ššš°š›šžš«š«š² š¬š”šØš«š­šœššš¤šž
šŸšŸ | š„šØš¬š­ š²šžššš«š¬
šŸšŸ‘ | š¤ššš„šžš¢ššØš¬šœšØš©šž
šŸšŸ’ | š”ššš©š©š¢š§šžš¬š¬
šŸšŸ“ | šŸš„ššš¬š”š¢š§š  š­šžšžš­š”
šŸšŸ” | š›š„šššœš¤ š”šØš«š¬šž
šŸšŸ• | š„šššÆšžš§ššžš« š”ššš³šž
šŸšŸ– | š„š¢š§š šžš«š¢š§š  š¤š¢š¬š¬

šŸšŸ— | š®š§šžš±š©šžšœš­šžš š”šžššš­

39.3K 928 303
buttercup_cameo ą¤¦ą„ą¤µą¤¾ą¤°ą¤¾

𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐮𝐧é
ʳᵘⁿⁿⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠⁱⁿᵍᵉʳˢ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵃⁱʳ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ˡᵒᵛᵉᵈ ᵒⁿᵉ

- 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦, 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 -
_________

Damia hummed 'Hey there Delilah' to herself as she watered her plants. She was in a good mood since morning. It had been five exact days since she saw Viktor. But his touch still lingered on her body.
She missed him.

Viktor has been regularly texting and calling her ever since. He asked her if she ate properly and slept. She would ask him the same. He would mostly listen to her ranting about a new movie she'd watch or a song that would be stuck in her head. He would occasionally ask her if she was lonely. She got confused at first at his question but then she soon realized it was his way of asking if she missed him. She would bite her lip and tell him that she wasn't lonely. She would list names of her plants, mention her sister, her cat and everyone she could think of that kept her company. He'd grunt and she would bite back a giggle.

She mentioned that she missed Mrs. Angston and Viktor promised he would take her to the flower shop.

"Vik, you don't have to do that. I'm sure you have other priorities." She nibbled on her bottom lip and pet her cat.
"You're my priority, Mia." Her heart thrummed at his words. "I will take you myself."

Mia watched her plants glow and sway in the wind. New flower buds peaked from under wild leaves. She cooed at her babies. A ball of fur purred and rubbed against her leg. She looked down and smiled.
"You've gotten so fat butters. Maybe we should put you on a diet." She pet buttermilk's belly. The orange cat gave her a dirty look. Mia laughed at her cat and got up.

"You know butters, I think Viktor doesn't like you much." She padded down the wooden floors into their kitchen. She glanced back at the cat. "But we can change that, right?" She reached for butter's bowl and filled it with water. She lowered herself on the ground and set the bowl in front of buttermilk. Butters took tiny licks from the bowl. Mia smiled and rubbed his fur. "Who's the pretty little kitty? You are! Yes! You're the prettiest kitty in kitty town!"

"Damia," Mia's spine straightened. She quickly stood up to her feet. "Yes father?" She softly asked standing behind the counter. "You're feeding that cat again." He eyed the small furry creature on the floor sipping away without a care in the world. "J-just water." Mia mumbled looking anywhere but him. "I gave thought to what Viktor Cargill said last week." A bead of sweat shone on his forehead. Mia swallowed a lump in her throat. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears.

"You will move in with him."
Mia stared at her father with indifferent eyes. She thought he said something but she heard something different. The orange cat purred and rubbed against Mia's bare legs. A single breeze came rushing through the backdoor into the kitchen.

"W-what?" Mia blinked. Her heart was in her mouth. She tried to swallow it but the air around her was getting thicker and the pressure inside her was building wilder.
"Pack your things."
"But," she blinked. "We're not married yet." It was barely a whisper coming from her. The tense atmosphere and the odd silence in the room made her voice echo in the air, holding it dearly.

"It's in your best interest." He gave her one last glance and walked out of the kitchen. Mia stood there dumbfounded. It was as if time stopped. But the thrumming in her ear was a dead giveaway that time was moving. And it was moving fast.

She watched her father's retreating figure. Her lungs hollowed as if drought had broken out inside of her, cracking and breaking everything. When she finally felt like her feet were on the ground, earth was swept away from under her in a swift motion. It was a quick blow, but enough to crack.

Mia's head buzzed with a million thoughts. Why was her father agreeing to something so...so scandalous. She was unmarried for God's sake! As much as she liked the idea of seeing Viktor everyday, the thought also terrified her.

What if he sees her for who she is and decides that he doesn't want her? What if he chews her and spits her out? She would never survive that heartbreak. In just a short span of time Viktor had completely swept her off her feet and she was afraid the fall would hurt a lot of things. Everything.

She sat on the floor besides her cat with her phone in hand. Before she could think straight or change her mind the voice on the other line spoke. "Mia," she swallowed at the way he says her name. It sounds so delicious and suggestive. "Vik," her voice barely a whisper. "I need to talk to you." She swallowed the lump in her throat. "In person."
The other side of the line was silent for a second. "I'll pick you up." She whispered a quick okay and hung up.

She wondered if Viktor already knew about this.

A shiny black car roared outside. Mia realized it's been twenty minutes since she called him and all this time she was still sitting on the floor. Her cat was asleep on her lap. She brushed buttermilk's fur and gently picked her up. She went over to the living room to put her sleeping cat on the couch. She heard the backdoor open and close behind her. Mia wiped her clammy hands on her blue dress.

"Mia," Viktor's voice blew in her ear as he stood right behind her. She turned around with little room between them. She put a hand on his chest to maintain some distance between them. "I'll meet you outside." She walked up the stairs. A vein bulged on Viktor's temple. He watched as his fiance walked away giving him the cold shoulder. He looked down at the sleeping cat and steady his breath.

Vicious. That's what they called him. He remembered why he got that name in the first place.

He heard light footsteps as Mia walked down with her white converse and socks. A ribbon laced around her hair, tying it in a low ponytail. His hands itched to tug at the fabric until her hair was loose and flowy and all over him.

He watched as his Mia walked toward him with an expression he had yet to see on her face. A frown. He thought she'd stand in front of him and say something but she just walked pass him like he didn't exist.

He strode behind her to where his car was parked. Mia had the door opened and as she was about to get in, Viktor's hand came in from behind and he slammed the door shut.

Mia paused. Her back straightened, but she refused to turn around and face him. Viktor stayed that way for a while, with his hands on either side of her head resting on his Bentley.

"Turn around." It wasn't a request. It was a mean demand. As much as Mia's heart thrummed, she didn't let it show. She turned around slowly and stared him right in the eye. She wished she hadn't.

Viktor's eyes were dark. A shadow danced across his face as he stared down at her. None of them had expected this encounter after their last one which was full of hope and sunshine. This one felt like the calmness before storm.

"What happened?" Two words. Two words felt heavier then any weight on this planet. Those two words rested on Mia's chest with a loud and heavy thud. She blinked. Viktor looked different. He looked...scary. He was still her Viktor, but bigger, sexier, scarier.

"What did you say to my father?" The air hung tensed around them. A slight blow of wind pass them but she was mostly focusing on his jaw. It ticked.

"I told him I can't protect you from afar. I need you close to me."

Mia let out a breath she couldn't hold anymore. Viktor was so close, too close. She could count all of his lashes if she wanted to. "And?" She breathed.

Viktor watched her with stormy eyes. Mia stared back with twice the fire his body radiated.

"I told him I want you to move in with me."
"Before marriage?"
"Before marriage." He calmly spoke, in parallel to the storm brewing in his ocean orbs.

Mia blinked. A few times. Viktor stared, challenging her to challenge his judgment.

"You're crazy," she breathed.
"You haven't seen crazy." His body hovered over her like a second shadow. He shielded her from the light breeze and glaring sun. Mia finally swallowed the lump in her throat. She couldn't do this anymore, putting up with the brave girl act. She was trembling underneath her mask. And she had a feeling Viktor could see right through her.

The thought made her both shiver and warm.

"You said you'd take me to the flower shop," her gaze slightly averted from his mad eyes.
"I did."
"I want to go now." She tried to sound as demanding as he does but it came out more like a whimper.
"Very well." He answered as if he didn't had to think about it. As if he knew what she'd ask and what he'd say. He knew everything.

"I have...I have to.." she paused to catch her breath. Viktor was too close and she could feel his hot breath lingering on her. "I have to go get something," she managed to let out, clutching the hem of her dress tightly. Viktor watched her for a second. He slowly created distance between them, much to his dismay.

Mia ran past him to the house. Viktor had a thought whether she'd come back or not. He leaned against his car and watched the sky. Blurry clouds ran past each other. The white of the clouds reminded him of his Mia.
Mia.
His chest tightened. His head was heaving with unwanted thoughts. He usually had a hold over them. But around this girl, nothing went normally. She would fuck with his mind all day, all night. He wanted to do stupid shits with her like holding her hands and feed ducks. He shook his head at his thoughts. What would he do if she told him she didn't feel the same way. Would he ever go back? Was it possible to go back to a time when Mia wasn't a part of his life? What was more terrifying? Her not being in his life or her being in it and constantly invading all of him?

A dry laugh escaped his mouth. He knew he was fucked. He was fucked long before she even put a finger on him.

The back door opened and Mia padded towards him. A paper bag in one hand and her phone in the other. She wore a thin cardigan that hid her smooth arms from his view. He eyed the garment that had tiny hearts all over it. Mia's face was less tensed. That relieved some of his turmoil.

"What's that?" His pointed gaze lingered on her collarbone before dropping to the paper bag. "It's cake for Mrs. Angston."
"Cake," he tasted the word in his mouth. "You made it?" She nodded. Viktor's scrutinizing gaze held her hostage. She made cake for a lady she worked for.

"Where's mine?" He blurted not a heartbeat later. Mia was taken back by his sudden question. Blood rushed to her cheeks.
"I thought you don't like sweet stuff,"
"Maybe I do now." His dark gaze burned her deeper. They were at arms length but suddenly the big driveway felt smaller. She nibbled on her bottom lip. "I'll make you another one sometimes."
"Alright." He stared at her for a few seconds then he opened the door for her. She got into the passenger seat. His driver seemed to be missing these days. Viktor got into the driver's seat. They left some of the tension between them back in the driveway.

They drove silently. Mia slightly shook her right leg out of habit. Viktor reached out and pressed his palm on her thigh and squeezed. Mia was burning with a different kind of fire then she was in the driveway. His fingers rubbed her skin. Mia watched his hands inching further up her thighs. She stiffened then relaxed when he massaged her skin. She slumped down onto the leather seat, giving into his touch.

Mia chewed on her bottom lip wondering about the interaction they had back in the driveway. Although they left a bit of tension back there, the air was still thick. She went back everything that happened. She couldn't think straight with him so close. You haven't seen crazy.

Being with Viktor was usually a calm thing like the lazy waves hitting the shore. But this time it was like a game of who can touch fire more and burn better.

The phone on her lap vibrated. She looked down to see the caller ID.
Tanner.

"Hey Tannie,"
"Hi," he seemed out of breath.
"You sound like you're running a marathon." Mia lightly joked.
Viktor narrowed his eyes and glared at the street ahead of him. She wouldn't talk to him but was happy to do so with another over the phone.
"Dami, aren't you home?" Mia hesitated. "No," The other line went silent but sounds of rustling filled the air.
"Dami listen, I, I really need to talk to you."
"About what?"
"I can't on the phone. Can you meet me?"
"Tanner...I'm not home. You wanna come over later?"
"Dami I don't have...." The line went silent again. "Okay, tonight?"
"Tonight."

Mia dropped her phone back on her lap and signed. She hasn't seen much of Tanner lately. She missed him.

"Who's Tanner?" Viktor icy voice rattled in the car.
"Hmm?" Mia muttered absentmindedly. "Tanner?" She snatched her attention away from her lingering thoughts to the man beside her. "My best friend."
"Best friend?" Viktor tasted the words in his mouth like venom.
"Uh-huh."
Viktor's eyes darkened a few shades. The throbbing in his temple quickened. He could hear nothing over the ticking in his head. His nostrils flared as he took deep breaths. He gripped the steering wheel hard enough to catch her attention that she refused to give him.

As much as she wanted to ignore him, let him soak in her coldness, she couldn't help but be a bit curious. She wanted to see his face and how it looked like now that his voice shot daggers sharp enough to cut the leather of his car seat by a graze. She tried not to look. But eventually, she gave in.

Mia glanced at him. She hoped she didn't. She wouldn't believe anyone if they said it was possible to be this angry just by a cold stare. She gulped and looked out the window. She was the one who was supposed to breathe fire, not him.

She clutched her phone tighter and shift in her seat. He's acting as if he's the one being snatched away from his family. Plants. Cat.

The car came to a halt in front of the small flower shop she worked in. Bitter memories laced with good ones she made here. Thankfully it wasn't dark yet, or she was sure to have flashbacks from that night she almost got abducted. She would have if Viktor hadn't showed up.

She bit back her gratitude for him and kept her cold shoulder act on. She needed to get some hold of her life. She was supposed to be pulling some strings in her own life.

Mia beat Viktor and opened her door all by herself. She got off without a word. Viktor's arms hung in fists by his side but he silently followed her inside.

The cottage was old and half hung on top of a pond. The smell of different varieties of flower stung his senses. His Mia still ignored him in that tiny space.

"Damia!" The old lady muttered and grabbed her, hugging her tightly. "Hi," Mia laughed lightly, although it didn't reach her eyes like it normally does. Mrs. Angston would see right past her facade. Viktor glared at the elder lady as she received Mia's undivided attention.

"And who is this handsome man?" The old lady finally turned around. Viktor watched her with bored expression. He wanted to throw daggers at her with his eyes but he knew his Mia wouldn't approve of such behavior. She was too kind. Too sweet. Too perfect. And he was afraid she'll soon learn that she was better off without him. His jaw clenched at the thought. He was lost in his own thoughts when he felt a little tug on his arm. He refocused and saw Mia staring up at him with her hands wrapped around his arm.

"What are you doing?" She whispered up at him. "Don't glare at her! She has a poor heart!"
Viktor saw the opportunity and took advantage. He pulled Mia to his chest in one swift motion. Mia gasped and Mrs. Angston squealed but concealed her giggles and left the room to give the couple a little privacy.

Mia stood there frozen to her spot, not being able to comprehend Viktor's move or motifs.

She watches his angry eyes trail over her face. His Adams apple bobbed when his gaze rested on her pink, parted lips.

"You would rather talk to some other man then me." His words were slow and laced with dangerous warning. Mia blinked up at him. She forgot where they stood. It was as if he had covered her from everything else in the world but him.

"Maybe try asking me if I want to move in with you first before consulting it with my father."

Viktor grinded his jaw. His grip on her waist tightened a little.
"You don't want to move in with me?" His voice was ice but his touch was warm enough for her to melt into hot lava right in his palms. Her lips parted and she let out a frustrated huff.
"You don't understand!"
"Then talk to me."

She watched his eyes. He was calm like the silent sea of the color of his eyes. "You made me feel like I don't have a say in what happens to me. Just like everybody else." Her voice was a faint whisper, barely above hearing range. But he was close enough to hear her hear thumping in her chest.

Viktor's grip on her loosened a bit. He realized he was manhandling her and she was sick of being manhandled by all the men in her life. He closed his eyes briefly and let one of his hands brush her head. He pulled her into his chest and rested his chin on top of her head.

"I'm sorry baby." He caressed her and held her close. She nuzzled her face in his chest. She could smell his cologne. The scent of his cologne mixed with his aftershave and his manly smell was intoxicating enough. But then there were his hands around her too.

"Oh my!" Mrs. Angston gasped and quickly got out the way she came back in. Mia squealed and pushed Viktor. Embarrassment latched her skin and she turned a shade of burgundy. "God," she touched her temple and glanced at Viktor. His brows were slight furrowed at her earlier confession.

She quickly gave him an apologetic look and rushed out of the shop. Viktor stood there among God knows how many types of flowers. With his hands in his slacks he looked around the shop in thoughts of his Mia caring for these flowers. His gaze caught a particular flower. He touched the soft petal, rubbing it in between his hands. His memory went back to the walk he had with Mia weeks ago. He had put a flower behind her ears and she flushed just as red as the color of the petals.

His lips twitched. Mia was so cute.

·  ·  ·  · ♡ ·  ·  ·  ·

• • • • •

I wanna be in love so badly ew
Take care and drink water my dandelion babies and remember mommy loves you <3

ą¤Ŗą¤¢ą¤¼ą¤Øą¤¾ ą¤œą¤¾ą¤°ą„€ ą¤°ą¤–ą„‡ą¤‚

ą¤†ą¤Ŗą¤•ą„‹ ą¤Æą„‡ ą¤­ą„€ ą¤Ŗą¤øą¤‚ą¤¦ą„‡ ą¤†ą¤ą¤ą¤—ą„€

2.2M 39.8K 57
Amelia has had a tough life and it all got even worse when her dad returned from his trip. He has sold her to the Perez family for money. How could...
914 77 15
Short out....(story without word bride style and Yn making pancakes šŸ„ž) Ceo and innocent girl, mafia and poor girl, cold husband and caring wife, etc...
14.5K 252 21
BUY PAPERBACK FULL VERSION ON AMAZON They bump into each other one day without knowing who they are. Iglesias Derek, the most ruthless man in town s...
1.7M 44.1K 59
'SHE CAME INTO HIS LIFE, AND BECAME IT' The most powerful and ruthless member of the ššž'ššš§š šžš„šØ family and the top business tycoon of Italy...