Dear Mister Summers

By austenative

It all started with a red dress and a resignation letter ... ******* For five year... More

dear mister summers
foreword
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
* twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty-two
* thirty three
* thirty four
* thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
[Exclusive] Bridge 1
[Exclusive] Bridge 2
[Exclusive] Bridge 3
[Exclusive] Bridge 4
[Exclusive] Bridge 5
[Exclusive] Bridge 6

twenty five

10K 266 22
By austenative

The correct word to describe it was 'strange', Andin decided. It was strange to fall into a deep slumber when her mind was so disturbed, but her mental and physical exhaustion was such that she fell soon afterward into bottomless sleep, her body curled on its side, one hand beneath her cheek, in the attitude of a weary child.

Perhaps her mind was not completely asleep because she could feel him. She was not sure what the time was and whether she was imagining things or it was truly happening. But she felt his hand touching her face, caressing her cheek, and then she felt his lips on her forehead, giving her a light goodnight kiss someone would give a child.

Andin wanted to open her eyes so badly to see whether it was merely fickle of her imagination or if it was real, yet her eyes remained shut. Another proof that she had been so worn out.

Then she finally awoke. At first, her lids reluctantly raised themselves in the face of strong sunlight. After a few seconds, she could finally see her surrounding. She stretched her body then rolled over to one side of the bed and got up. She went to the bathroom and after making sure that both doors were locked, she ran the water on the bathtub and added lavender and rose oil she had found on the counter by the sink. She slipped into the scented bath and leaned her head back against the edge of the tub. Warmth enveloped her, and she closed her eyes. The events of the day before raced through her mind and she sighed heavily. Everything had changed in a matter of twenty-four hours. No, everything had changed since they shared a kiss in his bedroom during his birthday party. It was as if for the first time ever, he recognized her present. For the first time, he took notice of her. And not just as his secretary but as a woman. A woman he found desirable, not frigid and professional alike.

Andin got out of the bathtub after relaxing for another half an hour and cleaned herself up then got dressed. Once she had made sure that her clothes were proper and showed no vulnerability nor did they reveal more skin than necessary, she took a deep breath and through the joint bathroom, she opened his side of the door.

"Sir?" When there was no response, she called him a little louder. "Mister Summers?"

Still, there was no reply so she walked further inside his room only to find that he was nowhere to be seen. He had left and he had not left any note for her. Panic began to surface as her mind was forming all the worst-case scenarios. Then the doorbell rang and it was coming from her room so she went through the bathroom again, all the way to the vestibule, then opened the door.

A hotel staff was standing in front of her with a polite smile on his face. "Buongiorno, Signorina."

"Yes," Andin replied. "May I help you?"

He pushed the tray close to the door and said, "I brought your breakfast, Signorina."

"I'm sorry, I think you're mistaken. I didn't order breakfast."

"Are you Signorina Andin Williams?"

"Yes."

"Then I believe this is your breakfast, Signorina. Someone has ordered it for you. May I?"

Andin moved away from the entrance and held the door open as the hotel staff pushed the tray inside her room. While he was setting everything up, she reached for her purse and pulled out twenty Euros.

"Your breakfast is ready, Signorina," he gestured at the splendor of food, a jar of pineapple juice, and a pot of coffee. There were too many food and drinks that she would not exactly call that breakfast. Her usual breakfast was plain toast and a cup of tea. "Please call me when you need it cleared."

He walked to the door and she handed him the twenty. "Grazie."

He put the bill inside his pocket, then blushed. "Oh, I almost forgot." He fished out a note from his pocket. "I should've put this on the tray but I forgot. Ecco, la Signorina Williams."

After handing her the folded paper, he bowed and then walked away. Still puzzled, Andin went inside her room and sat on the chair. She poured the pineapple juice into an empty glass and frowned. She loved pineapple, she had always been although she rarely drank them because tropical fruits were a luxury she could not afford. What a coincidence that the hotel had it as part of the breakfast! She gulped the juice down and sighed dreamily.

There were so many choices of food and she decided to eat the toast with a bit of butter, some pancakes with maple syrup, and the fruit parfait. While munching down her food, she opened the folded note and nearly choked herself to death. It was from Sebastian. Even from a glance, she could identify his penmanship.

Miss Williams, I'm going to take a trip to my brother's place. You look so tired, I didn't wish to wake you. I'm convinced that after what happened last night, I'm the last person you would like to see in the morning. Enjoy the day. I won't be back until evening. Tian.

All of the sudden, Andin lost her appetite. She did not feel like eating but her pride forced her to finish all the food she had placed on her plate. It was pure idiocy to not eat just because the food was ordered by him or the fact that she had hurt him as much as he had hurt her. They were both wounded and as much as she wanted to put all the blame on him, she knew she was at fault too.

She drank another glass of pineapple and decided that she was done with breakfast. Since there were still too many foods there, she decided not to call the hotel staff. One glance at the clock on the nightstand informed her that it was nine o'clock in the morning and she figured she could still eat the leftover for lunch.

In her attempt to distract her mind from thinking of Sebastian, she grabbed the Business and Management book that she had brought with her. Even though she had only gone to a community college and never been to a university, she wished one day she could afford one thus why she had borrowed Damon's books to some sort of prep her. She had always enjoyed it when she gained more knowledge yet right now, not even the most interesting topic could stop her from thinking about Sebastian. One hour later, she decided to finish the leftover and then called the hotel staff. Once they had taken the tray away, she put on some sun lotion, changed her work clothes into a pair of jeans and a plain shirt, grabbed her purse, and dumped the book and a beach towel inside it. She left the hotel and walked around the beach.

Just like the day before, the beach was crowded and she had to walk further until she found a peaceful place with fewer people. She laid the beach towel on the sand and sat on it. Perhaps all she needed to concentrate on was to be in a place where she had no memory of him. She pulled the book out and started reading again. It seemed to work the trick as she went pages over pages.

"Wow, che libro da leggere!" ( Wow, what a book to read! ) said a deep voice coming from her right. She glanced up and met a pair of green eyes looking down at her from his lofty height. The man was at least six feet. A worn pair of Levi's rested low on his hips while a light blue collar shirt hugged his lean body. "Sei in una spiaggia. Perché non ti godi la splendida vista?" ( You are on a beach. Why don't you just enjoy the beautiful view? )

"Pardon?" Andin shook her head as she tried to remember any Italian phrase that she knew or heard before. "Scusi? Mi dispiace. Io non parlo Italiano." ( Sorry? I am sorry. I don't speak Italian. )

"Sei un turista e passi il tuo tempo a leggere un libro noioso. A volte non capisco le persone," he muttered to himself under his breath then heavily sighed. ( You are a tourist and you spend your time reading a boring book. Sometimes I don't understand people. ) "I'm sorry, I just don't understand why you read a book when you can enjoy the beautiful view."

Andin swallowed her annoyance. This guy had no clue how hard it was for her to distract her mind of her boss's addicting kisses and caresses. "Well, I am doing both at once. I am reading while enjoying the view."

"How can you do that?" He sounded a little offended. "I can understand if you're trying to capture its beauty and immortalize it by putting it on a canvas but reading is something totally different."

"And why's that your business?" Andin snapped and turned to her book again, simply choosing to ignore his presence. She felt some rustling noises and then noticed from her peripheral vision that he had squatted next to her. Even without looking directly at him, she could tell that he was a handsome, dashing man. But again, last night a man which she would also describe as handsome and dashing had hurt her. It was best if she stayed clear of men like them.

"Le mie sincere scuse. My sincere apologies. You are right, it is none of my business what and how you spend your time. I guess it is the painter in me that refuses to understand that."

"It's fine." Andin gave him a small smile. She was not sure whether she should back to ignore him or to engage him in a conversation. Frankly, she did not do well with strangers.

"I'm Joseph, by the way." He stuck out his hand. "What is your name?"

Andin shook his hand. "Andin."

"Piacere di conoscerti, adorabile Andin." ( Nice to meet you, lovely Andin. )

"I—I really don't speak Italian."

"Ah, sorry. I said nice to meet you, Andin."

"Nice to meet you too." She moved so he could sit on the beach towel.

He gratefully took the offered space and sat. "So, what brings you to Trapani?"

"Works, actually," she answered.

"Ah." He nodded as if he finally matched two pieces of the puzzle together. "That explains the book then."

"Well, not really. I'm just a secretary," said Andin.

"That does not mean you will not become the boss one day." Joseph lifted one brow and gave her a breathtaking smile.

"What about you? You said you're a painter, right? Are you coming here to paint the panorama?" Andin marked the page she was on then closed the book.

"No. I do come here from time to time to paint it but not this time. I was looking for my brother actually but it seems that he is not here."

"I'm sorry. Perhaps you can give him a call?"

"I don't think he will answer any call from me." A gloomy look formed on his face before he hid it away and offered her another smile. "Siblings fight all the time, you know."

"Actually I do not think I can relate to that."

"Why? You and your siblings are always chummy and never fight?" There was no hint of sarcasm in his voice but a hint of wonder. He looked like a child who wanted to believe that Santa was real and Andin could not help but feel sad about it.

"No. I don't have any siblings." As the hope slowly vanished from his green moss eyes, Andin quickly added, "But I'm sure whatever it is, your brother will forgive you. You are right, siblings fight but they also forgive."

"Nah, I don't think that will happen. I've done something unforgivable to him and to one of our brothers. In fact, that brother has run away and we all don't know where he is." When he noticed the surprised look on Andin's face, he said, "I'm sorry. I haven't seen anyone in a while and you happen to be the first person I talk to in a while."

Andin shook her head and gave him an understanding smile. "No, it's alright. If sharing it makes you feel better then by all means. I'm all ears."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 7.8K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
108K 1.6K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...
148K 3.5K 75
Calvin bent down and settled between my thighs and bent my knees upward. He stroked my ankles, calves and then moved his hands to the insides of my t...
1.6M 47.2K 46
"The way you behave...behave around me, with me it's highly inappropriate. I don't want you think I'll be your little assistant that you fuck on top...