31 days of pretend

Von ineedmoresleepbaby

Mandy is every woman's ambition. Every man's desire. She has a glamour from head to toe, a face of an angel... Mehr

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 ( 15 Days Before Her Begging)
Chapter 2 ( 15 Days Before His Pretend)
Chapter 3 (Where He Left Me Shattered)
Chapter 5 (The Reason)

Chapter 4 (Meeting the Gray, Reunite With the Gold )

1.2K 26 7
Von ineedmoresleepbaby

Chapter Four

Meeting The Gray, Reunite With The Gold

Greg

It is fifteen minutes before nine in the morning and I'm stuck between the New York traffic. I have important breakfast meeting today with one of my investors about the expansion of my business in Asia. The Kostas Global Hotel Incorporation is the most elite company in the world that is well-known to build luxuriously word-class hotel, casinos, malls, restaurants, and clubs across the globe. We dominated and rule Europe, America, Austria, and now our primary target is Asia. Our empire became stronger and stronger since I handle the company three years ago. The enlargement of my business is the main reason why I am here in this city. The second reason is to divorce Mandy.

I know right from the start that she won't agree to sign the papers in first trial. The incident last night proved how desperate she was. She used those water works and dramas to beg but instead of feeling sympathy, I only felt disgust and pity towards here. Remembering that I needed to fetch the documents I dialed my assistant's number and put my wireless earphone on.

"Good Morning Mr. Kostas," Roger, my assistant greeted on the other line.

"Roger, I don't need you on my meeting today. I want you to do something else for me. You have to fetch important papers from my wife, Amanda Kostas. Make sure that when you get the paper it is already sign. I will email you the address."

"May I know what type of document it is, sir?"

"It is a divorce paper. The woman was insane and she might send you away but my order is for you to get the signed papers. Do everything to make your job done. Don't leave unless you have the document in your hands. Hurry, I want it on my office by lunch."

"Right away, Sir."

I ended the call and send Roger the address of Amanda's apartment.

After ten minutes of driving, I finally reach my destination. It is one of the hundreds five-star hotel I own. I let the valet attendant took my car and enter the grand hotel. More than a hundred of my employees, mostly from Front Office department, were aligned wearing their smart uniforms and practiced smile to greet and welcome me, the big boss. It is the third time I visited this hotel and every time I arrived, they let their most handsome and gorgeous employees to greet me. I felt more powerful and influential with this treatment. I may not have a title beside my name such as king, prince or duke but I am more powerful than people who have them.

 I never put a single expression in my face when I walked passed my employees but I saw them bow all at the same time. I reach the elevator with two six other bellman following me to serve as my assistance. I push the button that indicates the 55th floor of the building. I waited for several minutes then the elevator door slide open indicating that we reached the floor. I walk through the expensive red carpet and went straight to the silver door. This section of the hotel is only used for important and restricted meeting of the board members of the hotel. It is a huge conference room that occupies the whole floor. Most of my hotels were designed by the most famous architect, engineers and interior designer and this room is one of their labor.

There is another room in here used for a meeting with a low quantity of people. I went straight to that room and settle myself into the wooden chair in front of a mahogany round table. After few more minutes of waiting Mr. John Williams has arrived.

My eyes widen a bit when he enters on a wheelchair carried by his uniformed nurse. Mr. Williams is a sixty-year-old business magnate who never seems to be tired of managing his company. The society said that he never leaved his position because his only son cannot be trusted with his business. His son is a stereotype heir, an easy going-no-future-no-ambition-playboy. If I were his son I will took over his position with no hesitation because his father owned the whole world. He has everything. Sadly, his son is a brainless stupid jerk.

I put my rear away from the chair then walk to meet the old man. Despite his age and graying hair he still looks handsome at his sharp expensive suit. He was flashing his bright smile to me.

"Mr. Williams you shouldn't come if you are not in the good shape."

"Nah. I couldn't miss this opportunity of meeting the very great Mr. Gregory Kostas. This wheelchair is just a bit of a problem for the old man. Don't mind it."

I flashed a smile on my face and move my hand forward, offering him a hand shake.

"It is my pleasure meeting you, Mr. Williams."

"It is my pleasure to meet you too, Mr. Kostas."

For the next one and a half hour, we talk about everything. We exchange our opinions about business, politics, society, history and even about women. Mr. Williams is a very accommodating man. He talks and laughs. He has a great sense of humor. You won't dislike every single thing about him.

"And you know what, when I was seventeen, I was jailed for two days because I grabbed the boob of a chick I met on the beach. I told the cop that I was only searching for my lost bread and the woman is my primary suspect. So I check her bloated boobs to clarify my suspicion. But I was wrong," I swing my head backwards and laugh hard. My eyes are moist due to too much laughing.

"I can't believe you say that." I laughed. "What happened to the woman?"

"She became my first love, Greg." I smiled when I saw the glitter in his eyes.

"We tie the knot together. We lived in one roof, build a family together. She is my queen and I am his king. Unfortunately, she can't continue to rule our kingdom anymore. She died due to cancer eight years ago." This time, Mr. Williams' eyes were reflecting sadness when he said the last sentences.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. Williams." I said with all trace of humor gone.

"No. Don't be sorry. She may be dead but her memories and love will always be in my mind and in my soul. Besides, I still have our prince, my son, to continue in ruling our kingdom. I hope that he will change and grow up as a responsible man just like you."

"I was hoping for that too, Mr. Williams."

"How about you, Greg, you never mention anything about your marriage and your wife. Tell me about her."

I was beginning to open my mouth when a woman in white nursing uniform with a tray on her hand entered the room. She is not the same woman who came earlier carrying Mr. Williams. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt your meeting, John. But it is time to drink your medicine." She handed the medicine to Mr. Williams.

Why is it that her voice is so much familiar? The voice of....... No it can't be her. I tried to search for her face but I cannot see very well because she was facing the other direction. I study the appearance of the woman when she suddenly moves her head, facing me.

Golden locks of shoulder-length hair, hazel brown eyes, long cute nose, and pouty cherry-lips. She's still beautiful as ever. "Chloe,"

I was terribly dumbfounded that I unconsciously utter her name. I cannot move and I cannot breath. I cannot believe she is right here in front of me. It has been three years and I was longing to see her. I found her face resembles mine. Her eyes were round in shock. Her face was full of recognition and bewilderment. I stare at her for about a century.

 I miss her. Badly.

I want to hug her. Kiss her. And talk to her.

"You know each other?" I was so lost in thoughts that I forgot Mr. Williams is here.

"No."

"Yes." We speak at the same time but in different answer. It only made the confusion in Mr. Williams face wider. He turns his face towards me seeking for an explanation.

"We were acquaintance in college. It seems like she can't locate me in her memory, anymore. We were good friends back then." I saw her face twitch in anger when I emphasize the word 'friends'. I only made this story for Mr. Williams.

"Very well, then. I will leave the two of you here so you can talk and reminisce the old times. The old man has to rest. "

"John, I—"

"Chloe, we were going to talk for a while. Please." I interrupted her when she was about to follow Mr. Williams. Her glare was her only answer. The doors were closed and Mr. Williams was gone .We were now alone. I move forward to reach Chloe but she only move two steps backward. I can read the hatred burning in her hazel brown eyes. Her face was in fury.

"Don't come near me."

I didn't listen to her. I move forward, instead.

"I said don't come near me—"

After a long stride I brought my face down to her face and kiss her longingly, stopping her in mid-sentence. I know I have to explain everything that happens three years ago, but I cannot stop the urge of feeling her lips. She was not responding to my kisses and it hurts me a lot. She used to respond to my kisses. I started to make it slow and rub my lips to her tenderly as if I was afraid to break her. I smiled between our kisses when I felt her starting to respond. The kiss became faster, deeper, and demanding until we are run out of our breaths. I stopped then hug her tightly into my arms.

We embrace each other in ten minutes...twenty....thirty... I don't know how long. Because it feels so good to have her in my arms.

"Chloe, what happened three years ago....."

"Greg, please. Don't destroy this moment. I don't need your explanations, right now. I only need your kisses this time."

Our lips met again in an insatiable kiss. I heard my phone ring on my pocket but I disregarded it and continue to kiss her. It stopped after a few seconds but started ringing again.

I fetch my phone unwillingly from my pocket and click the answer button, still locking Chloe in my arms.

"Speak."

"There is an emergency, Sir. Mrs. Amanda Kostas passed out earlier and I brought her here in the hospital. She was currently examined. " Roger said in a calm voice.

"Send me the address of the hospital."

I ended the call and face Chloe. "I need to end something. Are you willing to wait for me?"

She nodded.

"Good." I kissed and hugged her before I leave.

God! That b*tch always ruined everything. I won't let her do it this time.

(End of Chapter Four)

——————————————————————————————————————————

Big hi to you! I know i haven't updated for a century and I feel guilty for not having a good excuse. I will try to update more frequently. I miss writing and I miss you too, guys. =D

Big sorry,

ineedmoresleepbaby

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

8.5M 532K 61
𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒆 •...
127K 2.7K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...
249K 14.6K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
272K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...