Finding Purpose

Luna_Moonlit

(Sequel to Prince beyond the Stars) What would you do if your world started falling apart, leaving nothing bu... Еще

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII

Chapter IX

1.5K 76 11
Luna_Moonlit

-Ayme-

I had broken the pearl by throwing it on the ground, and in front of us started a message to appear. It felt slightly different from an Iris Message, for it was what the message was showing us. Behind a desk was a tall man sitting with dark blue hair and clothes as black as the night. He looked up, a bit confused, when he noticed something was looking at him.

"Ayme Jackson," the man stated.

"Lord Chaos," I answered, getting down on my knees, motioning for the rest to do the same. Reluctantly Ann followed, and I watched the others in the room doing the same. Only Archimeda was left standing upright, and by the look in her eyes she wasn't willing to submit soon.

"I see you haven't changed over the years Valentina,' Chaos said, looking at her.

Archimeda scowled. "You should know by now that I don't bow down to anyone, Chaos. It has been clear since the day we met, so stop complaining about it and get to business."

Chaos smiled at her, before turning his attention to Ayme.

"The last time I saw you was ten years ago, Ayme, and I don't think you would have used one of Evalyn's precious pears hadn't it been for a good reason."

I took a breath. "I need your help getting into Ends Realm."

Chaos was left stunned and stayed silent for a moment. "And why is that?" He asked.

"Archimeda believes we can find the antidote we need for the poison in Ends Realm."

"What poison are you talking about?" Chaos said frowning.

I was starting to lose patience with this guy. Didn't he know my father's life was at risk?

"My father is dying Chaos. I need a way to get there and you're the only one that can probably help us."

Chaos put the files he had been working somewhere behind him and stood up.

"You're telling me your father let you go on a quest to save him?"

"Yes!" I said, frustrated.

Chaos turned around motioning something with his hand. "Give me a minute to talk to your father, Ayme. I will be back for you."

With that Chaos walked out of the Message, not being visible on the screen anymore.

"What? No! Come back! I'm not done talking to you!" I yelled, knowing it was of no use.

Whatever respect I had left when I met him in the Primordial war, I had thrown it out of the window in seconds.

"Gods!" I exclaimed, turning around to try to find a way to get the anger out of my system.

"Oh Hell no!" Archimeda set, holding her hands up. "It's fine by me if you're angry, but there's no way in Hell that I'll let you get it out in my place. There're projects standing here that have taken years of my attention, and I don't intend to let it be destroyed by a pissed of girl who really needs to blow of some steam."

I grabbed my head with both hands, groaning. Why had this to be so hard! I wanted to grab a baseball stick and destroy every piece of material in this room, but Archimeda stopped me from doing so. I rubbed my eyes, not knowing what else to do, when a soft voice caught my attention.

"I understand your reasoning Percy, but are you even aware of the risks?"

I turned around, watching the Iris Message intently, but I didn't see Chaos anywhere close. What risks were they talking about? If it was about the dangers we would encounter on this trip, I didn't need any advice. The encounter with the Cyclops was one that was proof enough.

There was a short silence, when Chaos responded again. "I see."

He took a deep breath. "Doesn't she have the right to know?"

I felt my eyebrows rise in confusion. The right to know about what? My anger had started to disappear, but right now, I felt it boiling under my surface. I already knew everything I was supposed to know. And if I didn't.. well, don't blame me if things were starting to get out of hand. There's nothing that will stop me from saving my father.

Suddenly Chaos returned to the Message, a solemn look on his face.

"Alright Ayme. I will make you an offer. I will.."

"What did my father tell you?" I interrupted him.

"Ayme.."

"I want to know."

Chaos shook his head. "I can't tell you. I don't have the right. That's up to your father."

"Please!" I begged him.

"No." Chaos answered absolutely. He narrowed his eyes before speaking again. "And that's final. Now.. I suggest you will listen carefully to me, or I won't hesitate to refuse you excess to End's Realm."

My mouth clapped shut. There was nothing I could do to get him to tell me. I even had to submit to him to get what I wanted. On the outside, it may look like I agreed with him, but on the inside I was shaking.

"I can take you to End's Realm. I will get you to the Gate, but from there on, I can't help you any further. It will be up to you to receive the antidote for the poison."

"Good enough," Eve muttered.

"But you all know that I don't do anything for free. I will take you to the Gate, but in return, I want you to prove me that you are worthy of my help."

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Ann asked him.

Chaos crossed his arms and leaned back against his desk. "You will each come to Universa, where you will be receiving a test. Pass it, and I will help you. Fail and I will send you back without hesitating."

"That's it?" I asked him dumbfounded. "All we need to do is pass some stupid test and you'll help us?" Chaos frowned, his lips turning into a flat line. "I highly doubt you will pass it if you think it will be that easy, Ayme Jackson."

I heard Eve swallow, trying to get his nerves under control, and I honestly felt like doing it myself. From what he just said, things will not be going easy.

"So will you accept my offer?" Chaos asked us.

Did I really want this? I thought. Was I really going to risk my father's life by trying to pass a test from the Creator himself?

"I'm in," I answered.

"Me too," Eve replied.

"Same for me," Ann said.

Chaos nodded. "Good." He turned to Archimeda. "You do know what I'm asking from you right now, don't you?"

Archimeda groaned. "I can't believe I actually spent my precious time on building a Gate to a place where I went once."

"Can you open it?" Chaos asked.

"You're kidding, right?" Archimeda replied. "I'm the one who build it. Of course I can open it." She walked away, muttering under her breath. "Stupid Primordial. Thinking I'm not capable of doing so.."

Chaos turned to us again. "Follow Archimeda. I will see you in a few minutes."

He swiped through the Iris Message, destroying the only way of possible communication.

"What are Chaos and Archimeda talking about? Did she really build a Gate?" I asked Eva.

She looked at me, crossing her arms. "A few years ago, Chaos and Archimeda had an encounter with each other, and Archimeda needed a way to get to Universa. In a matter of days, she built the Gate to Chaos' Planet, only to go there once. It's not unusual when she starts complaining how she could have used her time better for a different Project."

"Is it safe?" Ann asked.

"Is it safe? Really?" Archimeda said behind us, caring a small device in her hands.

"Of course it's safe. I designed it. I built it for the Moon Goddess sake."

She placed the device on the ground, attaching some wires and pressing a few buttons. All of a sudden, a soft glowing screen shines from it, buzzing softly. "Walk straight through it, keep walking, and in a matter of seconds you'll be standing before the entrance to Universa."

I watched the screen for a moment, before turning to Evalyn.

"Thanks for everything," I said hugging her.

Eva hugged me back. "You're welcome. I hope it turns out well for you, Ayme."

I nodded, not knowing what I should reply to that. Ann and Eve did the same, giving their thanks to Eva as well.

I eyed Archimeda a bit, watching her grin at me. "I don't suppose you're one to accept a thanks, right?"

To my surprise she laughed, her voice now softer. She motioned to the room she was standing in. "It's my job. I don't want to be thanked for the work I do. It just.. doesn't feel right."

"Well, just.." I tried. "Thanks anyway."

Meda laughed again. "It's fine. Now go."

I turned to the screen, Ann and Eve standing beside me.

"So..," Eve said, laughing nervously. "Who's going first?"

Ann shrugged. "Got nothing to lose," she said, walking into the screen, disappearing from view.

"You want to go next?" Eve tried, when I shook my head.

He swallowed and took a deep breath, before walking into the light.

I looked aside of me, watching Eva and Meda still standing there.

"Thank you," I said.

"Good luck," Eva replied.

"Yeah," I muttered, "I'm going to need it."

And I walked in.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

A New Dawn (completed) Yellow1017

Про оборотней

15.8K 866 37
What would you do if you found out everything you grew up to know was a lie. And the day you figure it out you turn into a freaking wolf! The whole...
152 10 8
I worked for longer than anyone could imagine... Just for it to come to this... No matter what I do... Nothing is ever good enough. Maybe this is my...
586K 15.4K 27
It's so cold...I feel like I'm freezing up. Literally. I felt like everything inside was beginning to change...who I was, what I was, and just me. I...
305K 4.4K 30
What does the future hold? Do you see yourself exactly as you are know? Now imagine what if Percy was betrayed. Then dragged down into Tartarus wh...