The Woman at The End of The W...

Von VRLove7

Vanessa Taylor, a sassy blue haired, tattooed cosmetologist with a mouth of a sailor was born and raised in O... Mehr

authors note
prologue.
new message.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twentyone.
twentytwo.
twentythree.
twentyfour.
twentyfive.
twentysix.
twentyseven.
twentyeight.
twentynine.
thirty.
thirtyone.
thirtytwo.
intermission.
thirtythree.
thirtyfour.
thirtyfive.
thirtysix.
thirtyseven.
thirtyeight.
thirtynine.
forty.
fortyone.
fortytwo.
fortythree.
fortyfour.
fortyfive.
fortysix.
fortyseven.
fortyeight.
fortynine.
fifty.
fiftyone.
fiftytwo.
fiftythree.
fiftyfour.
fiftyfive.
fiftysix.
fiftyseven.
fiftyeight.
fiftynine.
sixty.
sixtyone.
sixtytwo.
sixtythree.
sixtyfour.
intermission 2.0
sixtyfive.
sixtysix.
sixtyseven.
sixtyeight.
sixtynine.
seventy.
seventyone.
seventytwo.
seventythree.
seventyfour.
seventyfive.
seventysix.
seventyseven.
seventyeight.
eighty.
eightyone.
eightytwo.
eightythree
eightyfour.
eightyfive.
eightysix.
eightyseven.
eightyeight.
eightynine.
ninety.
ninetyone.
ninetytwo.
ninetythree.
ninetyfour.
ninetyfive.
ninetysix.
ninetyseven.
ninetyeight.
ninetynine.
intermission 3.0
onehundred.
onehundredone.
onehundredtwo.
onehundredthree.
onehundredfour.
onehundredfive.
onehundredsix.
onehundredseven.
onehundredeight.
onehundrednine.

seventynine.

350 12 1
Von VRLove7

Charlee POV

Coming up empty on my search for my best friend, I stalk through the gates of Alexandria in the dead of night, heading straight for the man who killed my twin. As I reach the door that leads into his prison, a thought occurs to me. I backtrack, migrating towards the Grimes estate. I pound on the door, realizing Rick and Michonne might be asleep, though, I find myself uncaring. Sleep, for anyone, can wait until I find Nessa. Her safety is of the utmost importance at the moment.

I glance over my shoulder, spotting a light on inside of Vanessa's home. The twins must be up, interrupting Tori and Wren's sleep schedule. I frown, realizing I have to bring them into the fold before I tell Daryl. I'm only holding off from telling her husband because he will stop at nothing to get her back, and we need him to stay focused on the bridge. We need the trade between all of the communities; we need that bridge. I will only bring him in if I come up empty, and get desperate. I've learned enough from him and Kelly over the years in terms of tracking; I'm begging the universe that it will not come down to that.

I run a hand through my hair, those poor twins are temporarily pulled away from their mother. Possibly longer than any of us have anticipated. Temporarily being the operative, mostly hopeful, word here. I don't want to consider what will come of any of us if Vanessa doesn't return to us.

My blood runs cold at the sound of several bullets flying through the air accompanied with shouts. A tone that's all too familiar is mixed inside the sounds. I dash off with determination to the area it had come from with Kelly on my heels. Vanessa; shock reverberates my soul. She's fucking alive! I spot her glaring up at the man with a knife for a hand, holding a pretty girl with brown hair at gunpoint while an asian man is at my best friend's side. I watch as Nessa's face twists into an anger I've never witnessed from her, suddenly realizing that it must've been her that fired the first shot, by a quick sweep of the scene.

I spare a second by throwing a knowing glance at my brother. He nods, shock written all over his face. He's been dying to be reunited with her. We both have, and now she's only a few feet away.

"Kelly! It's her! I have to get to her!" I whisper, running passed a nearby car when someone grabs my waist dragging me back. I thrash, trying to break free of the hold. A dark hand wraps itself around my mouth. Panic starting to claw at my throat, frustration glides along my flesh.

"Shh," the strangers mouth inches from my ears. "Just wait. He's not a good person. I have a plan, but I need you to stay with me."

"No, my best friend is in danger," I plead, tone muffled by her hand, memories of Owen and Vanessa coming close to death begin to overwhelm me. I attempt to peel this woman's arms off of me, though, not sensing that I'm in any danger. "Kelly, please!"

"I'm sorry; but I think I know where her group is." Vanessa found a group? Hope blooms in my chest. "I'm headed there. Come with me. I will try to get them back if they don't agree to help." She promises, voice soft. I glance over my shoulder, observing the sincerity in her dark eyes. I nod, feeling the air knocked out of my lungs. "Don't make this worse for her and her friends."

"Char, I think we should be smart about this," Kelly offers, tone tight. He's wanted nothing, but to be returned to Vanessa's side. I observe the pain on his face as his gaze returns to the four people only a few feet from us. I wince, realizing that his heart is shattered all over, again.

I return my attention, watching Vanessa get in the back of the van with a look of defeat and anger. I peer down at my feet; I can't fucking lose her, again, not when I've come so close to her after a year of endless searching. We were so fucking close.

Sounds of shuffling on the other side of the door fill the air, so I return my focus to the scene in front of me. I cross my arms as it swings open, smirking at Rick's disheveled state. "I'd like the keys to get inside the bars. I'm not gonna play nice, but I promise, I won't kill him." Yet, hangs in the air between us. I reach for the various weapons hidden on my person, dropping them to the ground one by one. I put my hands up, showing I'm serious about trying not to attempt to murder the man that killed so many of our own people, including my twin.

"Alright." His blue eyes search my face, "no luck?"

I shake my head, peering down at the ground. Vanessa is in danger, yet I'm unable to locate her. I feel like I'm on a race against time, and I'm quickly losing. He grabs something from behind the door. I glance up at the noise, observing as he hands the keys over, instructing on which key goes into which lock.

"Thank you," I breathe out, closing my eyes, hoping Negan will have something concrete to work with. I take off without another word.

I quietly enter the door to the prison. My hand grips the keys, spotting Negan's sleeping form on the cot. Smirking, I silently unlock the bars, stepping inside the small space. I stalk over, placing both of my hands on the bottom of the mattress. With all my strength, I toss him and the cot a few feet from where he was just asleep. I lean against the wall, grinning, watching him scramble to get his bearings. His brown eyes land on me, widening in shock. I smile, waving innocently, unbothered of the red anger and confusion painting his face.

"What the fuck was that for?" Negan breathes out, glancing around.

Shrugging, observing that he keeps eying the open doors. "You can try to run, but I will kill you. I don't need my weapons for that. I'm already angry beyond measure. You wanna make this fun for me?" I gesture, waiting to see if he's as stupid as I believe. Vanessa might be his friend, but he's not mine. I reach over, pulling the chair to my space. I lower myself down, pointing to the cot. "Are you gonna fix that? Cause we need to talk."

He clicks his tongue against his teeth. "Charlee, right? The twin? Now what do I owe this late night visit?" I fiddle anxiously with my fingers as he begins to work at righting his cot to where it belongs. I decide to wait until I know he's good and ready to listen. I want to watch and read his body language and reaction. Though, I have a feeling I know what his answers will be, which is causing more anger to pump through my blood. I might be facing another dead end; that truly terrifies me.

I spot him finally sitting down, scrutinizing me. "Owen. Where the hell is he?"I question carefully.

I observe as his face falls. "I don't fucking know. I've been in this cell for the last year." I cock my head as it clicks in his brain, "he has her." That wasn't a question.

My head falls into my head, groaning, hating that I can tell this man isn't bullshitting me. "I don't know. It's the only thing that makes sense."

"Vanessa is missing?" He asks, concern dancing into his tone. I glance back up, chewing on my lip. "Fuck," he swears. "What the fuck happened?"

I decide to be utterly transparent with him if I expect the same from him, so I retell the story just as had I had with Rick a few hours prior. "Now, she mentioned you saw Owen the night we beat your ass, is that true?" He runs a hand along his tired, scruffy face, nodding. "She said she saw paperwork that you were keeping track of possible sightings; where was the last one?"

He chuckles, "Simon was getting ready to tell me when y'all fucking attacked the sanctuary the first time. Now he's dead and we may never know. We got too busy fucking fighting -"

I growl, rushing him, clocking him in the jaw. He brings his hand to his now reddened flesh, "wanna try that again with less attitude?" I challenge, standing over him, glaring down at the man who deserves death for what he's done to all of us. "Vanessa is on borrowed fucking time, asshole. She fucking saved you. You owe her. I'm only being nice in respect for her. I could just beat my answers out of you." I narrow my eyes, "she's a kitten compared to what I'm capable of. Wanna try me again?" I let out a breath of relief as he decides to relent. I allow him to return to sitting upright as I find myself back in the chair. "You must know something."

"I don't," he grounds out, "but I did give her that list of saviors that I knew Owen was friends with at one point." I swear, remembering that I was there for that interaction. I'm going to have to ransack Daryl's tent. I run a frustrated hand through my hair, sighing. "At the risk of you attacking again, why isn't the alarm sounding for her? She's high on the pecking order." I chew on my lip, glaring, "only you know, and Rick, otherwise you wouldn't be inside my cell. That's why you're here, and not her husband, trying to cut pieces off of me, for answers that you are seeking." He whistles, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I can't help sweetheart. I don't have said answers. Owen is a slippery bastard. I would recommend sounding that alarm. Bring The Reaper home, Charlee."

I take a moment to survey the sincerity in his face, agreeing. He actually cares about Ness more than I initially believed. "I'm going to try," I take my leave, with a new found respect for the asshole, locking both sets doors behind me without another word.

Negan POV

I toss and turn for several hours after Charlee had left, but the images of the file Simon had given me haunt my memories. I close my eyes, trying to find peace, but I find myself worried sick about Vanessa's well being. Charlee is right; if Owen has her, she's on borrowed time. I stand up, beginning to pound on the ceiling, trying to grab Rick's attention. I need to help bring her home.

"Boss," I turn around, crossing my arms, scrutinizing Dwight. "Vanessa is in the infirmary. Owen got to her. He got out," he stutters as the rage takes a hold of my flesh, morphing my face. I shove by him, heading for The Reaper. "I had to bring her here. This was the closest.."

I tried everything in my power to keep him down for the count so I could bring her to him. Fuck, I planned on handing over Lucille myself. Now he's fucking free. Slipper fucking bastard.

"Stop your fuckin' blubberin', D." I snarl. I hear his footsteps fall behind me as I take the route to the infirmary. "Just fuckin' tell me how the hell this happened," I demand, standing in the doorway, observing Vanessa's unmoving form while my doctor works on her. I suck in a shaky breath, watching her unconsciously take shallow, weak gulps of air. This isn't good.

"Simon and I caught wind of his escape, so we headed out to find him. We heard an explosion and screaming... I shot at him, trying to get him away from her. We carried her back together instead of going after him. I thought she would need medical attention." I roll my eyes, understanding the logic, but now Owen is on the run, and that puts Vanessa in even more danger.

I stalk inside, lowering myself down at her side. "Doc, she's pregnant." I sigh, watching him work tediously on getting glass out of her back. The soft ping after ping fills the air.

His eyes find me, nodding. "I'll do a scan when I'm done."

My gaze finds Vanessa, body and pretty face beaten and bruised. If she dies here, Rick and Daryl will burn this place down. That's the last thing we need right now. "What's her outcome lookin' like?"

A frown etches itself on his face, "I don't know. We've had a few moments that I thought she wasn't going to make it. Right now, it's touch and go. She sustained a lot of damage. D mentioned that he saw her crawling along the glass and debris on the ground." He gestures to the glass he's pulling from her body. "She got into an accident, which is probably the explosion they heard." He points to various areas along her frame, "I took a closer look at her body, I'm assuming Owen physically assaulted her with the intention of killing her." He sighs heavily, "she's still hanging on. I'm hoping that she continues to fight."

I hang my head, concern and worry for her beginning to suffocate me."D, have someone bring her clothes. Doc, change her when you're done."

I never should've given her a choice. I should've taken his life. She'd still be with us now. I know in my soul that Owen has her. There's no other explanation to her sudden disappearance. I made a mistake; Rick and company might not blame me for this, but I will, if she's never found, or dies at the pricks hands.

I don't want to be within a hundred miles radius if she dies, and Daryl finds out. That's not something I want to witness.

I straighten up, watching Rick grumble and stalk inside prison cell, leaving the bars between the two of us. "What the hell do you want?" I observe as his hands find his hips. I realize he must've been trying to go back to sleep after Charlee obviously woke him up. I mean, how else did she get inside the bars?

"Charlee told me about Vanessa." Rick crosses his arms, glaring, "let me out. Let me help find her." I speak carefully, desperate to help the search.

"No." He shakes his head, "you just want to escape."

"God damn it!" I snarl, red clouding my vision. "I worked closely with Owen for years. I know how he works. I'm the reason he's walking free! I want her home just as much you and Charlee do! Those babies need their mother." I plead, hating that it's falling on deaf ears. "When she's returned safely, you can lock me away, again. I won't fight."

"You tried killing her; you don't give a shit about her."

"That's fucking bullshit, Rick! I saved her from him, made sure she was stable before I dropped her off at your front door!"

He scoffs, cocking his head, "just for you to put her under your bat days later!"

I pound on the bars, growling, "because she asked to die in Carl's place! It wasn't supposed to be her! Did she ever tell you I saved her in that fight when some of his friends attempted to flank her?!" I darkly laugh when his blue eyes widen, "exactly. I give a shit about her. Let me help!"

"No. Owen is your fault. You should've killed him instead of Glenn or Abraham." His tone final, as he turns his back on me, leaving me in the dark.

"Fuck you, Rick Grimes. If she dies, her blood is on your hands!" I scream through the walls. I connect my fist to the bars before I return to sitting position on my bed, letting my head fall into my hands.

Please, hold on, Reaper. I beg the universe. We fucking need you to return to us. She's become one of the only people that I could truly call a friend. She's helped me keep me sane while the world passes me by while I'm locked away. I've come to care for her deeply, and dangerously. Daryl's lucky to have her, but if he didn't start treating her right...

Charlee POV

I sit at the table across from Tori and Wren. Wren is holding her head in her hands while Tori glares at the coffee. I had broken the news of Vanessa's disappearance after Wren had placed my own coffee in front of me. I glance over at Kellin and Caroline snoring softly away on the blankets Vanessa's older sister had set out in the living room. I frown, hoping I can reunite my best friend with her twins shortly.

I clear my throat, "only Rick knows. Now you two and Negan."

"You didn't tell Daryl?' Tori quietly questions. She just started to mend the bridge between her and Vanessa that had kept them separated for the duration of their lives. I can't imagine how she feels; finally reconnecting with her baby sister, just for her to be ripped away.

I shake my head, "I can't. We need him to stay on track. We need that bridge." I begin to pick at the skin around my nails, tired of having this dance with everyone I had come to with this bullshit situation.

Wren scoffs, "you know that's bullshit. You're mad at him 'cause their marriage has been less than great. You don't trust him anymore."

I shrug under the accusation, uncaring, "maybe."

The redhead stands, narrowing her big brown eyes at me, "you know you need his help. Didn't he help bring her home at the prison?"

I'm huddled with Kelly while Michonne lashes out at the group that had taken Vanessa in. I glance up at the mention of her name, watching the man with a crossbow in his grasp. His face falls. I cock my head curiously, surveying him. His body is suddenly tense and angry. Though, I sense something else under the pain of losing someone; he very obviously cares for her.

"Kells, you might have competition," I gesture to the redneck, yelling at the woman that brought us in. My twin narrows his eyes, observing the same person when he glances in our direction. He made it clear that he knows who I am, but the older man and the officer seem dumbfounded. She's close with him. From Kelly's taunt body, he's come to the same conclusion. If looks could kill, that man would be very dead.

I stand abruptly when I overhear them begin to plan Vanessa, Maggie, and Glenn's recuse. "I want to help," I raise my chin as four sets of eyes land on me; I find various emotions written in each expression, but none that I find comforting. I still refuse to back down at the sudden tension growing inside the room. "Vanessa is my best friend... we spent a year searching for her."

The officer shakes his head, "not you, or you." he points to Kelly who glares at his attention, "we don't know if you actually know Vanessa. I'll allow you to stay until she can confirm. You will stay locked out of the cell block until we return"

I scoff, growing angry, "yet you're taking her." I gesture to Michonne. They don't know what Vanessa has been through; I have a bad feeling about this community she spoke about. It's fucking Owen all over, again. "If this group is as bad she's claiming, I need to be there for her. I can't let this happen to her, again..." I whisper, feeling a tear fall from my eyes. I wipe it away, annoyed that I'm showing weakness to this group of strangers. But she trusts them, I muse, otherwise she wouldn't be inside this prison with them.

The older man clears his throat, "she says they know where they are being held. From our understanding, you only witnessed the kidnapping."

"I'll kill her if she's lyin'," the redneck snarls, dragging his knowing eyes from me to the darker woman. "We need to get 'em back." I peer between the three men, realizing I was going to lose this fight. I relent, returning to my brothers side.

How exactly close is Vanessa to this man, I quietly muse. I glance over at Kelly, bringing my lips to his ears, "I think he knows about Owen..." He nods when his gaze meets mine.

"That was then, Wren. But he wasn't there when they brought her in. It was Maggie. He ran off with his jack ass brother. He left her to fucking die." I argue, forcing the memory out of my mind, "he's still pissed about Negan. I'm gonna bring her home."

Wren smacks her fist on the table, curly red hair bouncing as she shakes her head angrily. "And Rick actually agreed to this play?"

"Yes," I narrow my eyes at her. "Saviors are coming up missing, and we need the focus to be on the bridge. If this comes out, everyone will abandon their posts."

"Everyone, including the man who has been tracking his entire life." Wren points to the twins without removing her eyes from me, "their father, who, even though is at odds with Vanessa, still fucking worships the ground she walks on. You're being stupid for no good reason." She stalks out of the room, fair skinned face red with rage. "When he finds out, I would recommend running. He's gonna burn the world down when he learns you and Rick kept this from him," she calls over her shoulder as she takes the stairs to the second level of the house.

"Charlee, if you don't find anything by tomorrow afternoon, you have to tell Daryl. Negan's right. Everyone needs to know about this." Tori offers, sighing loudly.

I nod, emptying the contents of the mug. "I have a few ideas." I stand, casting another glance at the twins, "I'm gonna try like hell to bring your mom home," I whisper. I step outside, leaning against the railing of the porch, taking a moment to collect myself before heading out to the camp.

"You're Charlee?" I glance up, spotting an older woman I haven't seen before. I nod, hating that I'm stuck in the room adjacent to the others. "I heard Vanessa mention you to Daryl." I observe as she sits next to me. "She misses you."

"That's his name?" I smirk, "the one with the temper?"

She laughs, "yeah, he cares about her." Her eyes find me, smiling, "just between us, I think he loves her. They both deny anything but friends." I cast my gaze on Kelly, listening to the conversation, growing tense. He's sitting atop a table, glaring at everyone coming and going from where we are locked in. I can tell he feels like a caged animal. "I'm Carol."

"Yeah, that sounds like the Ness I know. Always in denial." Even with the love of her life, my twin brother. "Uh, how did you meet her?"

I observe as her face falls, "the first time," I perk up at the sound of her tone, "she ran into Rick's older partner and his wife. She noticed my daughter and Carl," she points out the boy with brown hair that's standing at the bars, watching us with a guarded expression, "were hungry so she gave them chips. But she took off, denying to join us. We ran into her two months later when my daughter went missing... she met Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and Shane, the old partner, and decided to stay with us. Your friend is a damn good person. We are lucky to have her." My eyes return to my brother, openly listening to the story, frowning. He misses her, desperately.

My heart sinks as I search for another child, "your daughter? What came of her?"

"Vanessa killed her.. she was a walker." My hand flies to my mouth, feeling this strangers pain.

Before I can offer my condolences, a young girl with blonde hair rushes into the room, "Maggie's back! But Vanessa is unconscious next to her. We can't get her out. Maggie's injured, too!"

"I got it," Kelly raises, daring anyone to tell him no. The older man, Hershel, nods, walking side by side with him. I tick off the seconds in my head before they return, allowing Kelly and I into the cell block while they set my best friend down on a cot. Kelly takes position next to me while we watch the older man work on her.

She's cut up, but heavily bleeding from a wound on her leg. I listen intently as Maggie recalls everything she heard from the next room. At one point a gun went off; I'm assuming that's the mess I spot along her leg. Kelly grows rigid at the mention of the rape Vanessa had described when she had a moment of lucidity before she passed out before they were able to get her out of the compound.

We wait with bated breath before he turns to us, but I can't stop the memories of her when she lay still for weeks on end in the hospital. This mirrors it entirely too much for my comfort. "She's not out of the woods, yet." I hang my head, sobbing into my brothers chest. The sounds of a newborn crying echo off the walls. There's a baby?

Kelly takes a second to comfort me before he steps out of my embrace, lowering himself down next to Vanessa's unmoving form. "Hey baby," he whispers, gripping her hand, voice cracking, "come back to me. I didn't walk through hell just for you to die on me." Gasps ring out from the small group that's surrounding us. "I didn't leave your side after he almost killed you. Now these assholes will have to tear me from your side, Ness."

"Is that her boyfriend?" Carol inquires quietly; I peel my eyes off of my brother and the woman he loves.

I sigh, shaking my head, "Not anymore, but..."I shrug, unable to finish the thought. He's hoping for some kind of reconciliation between them. But after seeing Daryl, I'm unsure that will happen. That's not going to stop my brother from trying.

Beth, the young blonde, breathes out, "Daryl's gonna get his heartbroken."

"Speaking of..." I trail off, glancing around for the officer and redneck.

Maggie's eyes find me, "I left everyone behind 'cause I needed to get her to my father..."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

72.9K 2.1K 67
Trying to survive the apocalypse isn't just about slaying the undead. It's a 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 lot more complicated than that. Hardly anybody ever considers...
98 19 5
After being on the run from the police for months before the world even fell apart, Charlie soon learns that the rest of her life will now be just th...
191K 5.4K 49
Carol glanced back and her heart stopped when she saw the scars crisscrossing her back and her unevenly healed ribs making her torso lumped in a few...
422K 8.1K 75
" This isn't the beginning. It's the end to all things." When the dead risen to eat the living, Kayla Grimes found herself in the middle of survivin...