Spare Your Sympathy

TheQuietHufflepuff tarafından

Cataleya and Dean absolutely despise each other. She thinks him a flirtatious prick and he thinks her a stuc... Daha Fazla

Aesthetic and Playlist
Season One
01. Pilot
02. Wendigo
03. Dead in the Water
04. Phantom Traveler
05. Bloody Mary
06. Skin
07. Home
08. Asylum
10. Faith
11. Nightmare
12. Shadow
13. Hell House
14. Something Wicked
15. Dead Man's Blood
16. Salvation
17. Devil's Trap
Season Two
18. In My Time of Dying
19. Everybody Loves a Clown
20. Bloodlust
21. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
22. Simon Said
23. No Exit
24. The Usual Suspects
25. Crossroad Blues
26. Croatoan
27. Hunted
28. Nightshifter
29. Houses of the Holy
30. Born Under a Bad Sign
31. Tall Tales
32. Roadkill
33. Heart
34. Hollywood Babylon
35. What Is and What Should Never Be
36. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part One)
37. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part Two)
Season Three
38. The Magnificent Seven
39. The Kids Are Alright
40. Bad Day at Black Rock
41. Sin City
42. Bedtime Stories
43. Red Sky at Morning
44. Fresh Blood
45. A Very Supernatural Christmas
46. Malleus Maleficarum
47. Dream a Little Dream of Me
48. Mystery Spot
49. Jus in Bello
50. Ghostfacers
51. Long Distance Call
52. Time Is on My Side
53. No Rest for the Wicked
Book Two

09. Scarecrow

217 10 1
TheQuietHufflepuff tarafından

Sam, Dean and Cataleya were sleeping. Dean's phone rang, but he and Cataleya didn't wake up.

"Dean. Cataleya," Sam called, but they didn't wake, so he answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Sam, is that you?" John asked from a payphone in California.

Sam sat up in bed. "Dad? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine."

"We've been looking for you everywhere. We didn't know where you were, if you were okay."

"Sammy, I'm all right. What about you, Dean and Cataleya?"

Dean and Cataleya were slowly waking up.

"We're fine. Dad, where are you?"

Dean sat up in bed and Cataleya slightly raised her head over the couch.

"Sorry, kiddo, I can't tell you that."

"What? Why not?"

"Is that Dad?" Dean asked.

"Look, I know this is hard for you to understand. You're just gonna have to trust me on this."

"You're after it, aren't you?" Sam questioned. "The thing that killed Mom."

"Yeah. It's a demon, Sam."

"A demon? You know for sure?"

"A demon?" Dean repeated. "What's he saying?"

"I do. Listen, Sammy, I, uh... I also know what happened to your girlfriend. I'm so sorry. I would've done anything to protect you from that."

"You know where it is?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I think I'm finally closing in on it."

"Let us help."

"You can't. You can't be any part of it."

"Why not?"

"Give me the phone," Dean demanded.

"Listen, Sammy, that's why I'm calling. You, your brother and your friend, you gotta stop looking for me. All right, now, I need you to write down these names."

"Names?" Sam repeated. "What names, Dad -- talk to me, tell me what's going on."

"Look, we don't have time for this. This is bigger than you think, they're everywhere. Even us talking right now, it's not safe."

"No. All right? No way."

"Give me the phone," Dean said again.

"I have given you an order. Now, you stop following me and you do your job. You understand me? Now, take down these names."

Dean took the phone from Sam. "Dad, it's me. Where are you?" ... "Yes, sir." ... "Uh, yeah, I got a pen. What are their names?"

They got into the Impala and drove off.

"All right, so, the names Dad gave us, they're all couples?" Sam asked.

"Three different couples," Dean replied. "All went missing."

"And they're all from different towns? Different states?" Cataleya questioned.

"That's right. You got Washington, New York, Colorado. Each couple took a road trip cross-country. None of them arrived at their destination, and none of them were ever heard from again."

"Well, it's a big country, Dean," Sam said. "They could've disappeared anywhere."

"Yeah, could've. but each one's route took 'em to the same part of Indiana. Always on the second week of April. One year after another after another."

"This is the second week of April," Cataleya said.

"Yep."

Sam frowned. "So, Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?"

"Yahtzee. Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? All the different obits Dad had to go through? The man's a master." Sam looked annoyed, pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the car. "What are you doing?"

"We're not going to Indiana."

"We're not?"

"No. We're going to California. Dad called from a payphone. Sacramento area code."

"Sam."

"Dean, if this demon killed Mom and Jess, and Dad's closing in, we've gotta be there. We've gotta help."

"Dad doesn't want our help," Dean said.

"I don't care."

"He's given us an order."

"I don't care," Sam repeated firmly. "We don't always have to do what he says."

"Sam, Dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives, it's important."

"All right, I understand, believe me, I understand. But I'm talking one week here, man, to get answers. To get revenge."

"Okay, look, I get how you feel. I get how Leya feels."

"You know nothing about how I feel," Cataleya spat.

"Do you?" Sam retorted and Dean looked shocked. "How old were you when Mom died? Four? Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel? How would you know how Cataleya feels?"

"Dad said it wasn't safe. For any of us. I mean, he obviously knows something that we don't, so if he says to stay away, we stay away."

"I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it's like you don't even question him."

"Yeah, it's called being a good son!" Sam, angry, got out of the car. Dean and Cataleya got out and watched Sam unloading things from the trunk. "You're a selfish bastard, you know that? You just do whatever you want. Don't care what anybody thinks."

"That's what you think?"

"Yes, it is."

"Well, then this selfish bastard is going to California." He put on his backpack and started walking away. "Cataleya, what are you doing?"

Cataleya glared at Dean. "Think about what you've done and what you've said. You wonder why I get annoyed with you? This is why!"

Dean looked at them. "Come on, you're not serious."

"I am serious," Sam replied.

"It's the middle of the night! Hey, I'm taking off, I will leave your asses, you hear me?"

Sam stopped walking and turned around. "That's what I want you to do." They stared at each other for a few seconds, waiting.

"Goodbye, Sam. Goodbye, Leya." He closed the trunk, got in the car, and drove away.

Sam and Cataleya watched him leave, then started walking away.

---

Dean reached Burkitsville, Indiana and pulled over to the side of the road. He selected Sam Mobile and thought about calling Sam. He scrolled up to Cataleya and sighed as he stared at her name.

Dean shut his phone and got out and made his way to Scotty's Café. Scotty was sitting on a chair on the porch.

Dean walked up to Scotty and gestured to the sign. "Let me guess." He pointed to Scotty. "Scotty."

Scotty looked at the sign. "Yep."

"Hi, my name's John Bonham."

"Isn't that the drummer for Led Zeppelin?"

Dean was taken aback. "Wow. Good. Classic rock fan."

"What can I do for you, John?"

Dean took two pieces of paper from his pocket. They were missing flyers for Holly and Vince Parker. "I was wondering if, uh, you'd seen these people by chance."

Scotty looked at the flyers. "Nope. Who are they?"

"Friends of mine. They went missing about a year ago. They passed through somewhere around here, and I've already asked around Scottsburg and Salem-"

"Sorry." He handed the flyers back to Dean. "We don't get many strangers around here."

Dean nodded. "Scotty, you've got a smile that lights up a room, anybody ever tell you that?" Scotty stared at him strangely and Dean nodded. "Never mind. See you round." He walked away.

---

Sam and Cataleya were standing on the side of the road. They turned and saw a young girl with short blonde hair sitting with her back to them. She was listening to music.

"Hey," Sam called, ignoring Cataleya's shaking head, walking over to her and putting a hand on her shoulder.

The girl jumped and took off her headphones. "You scared the hell outta me."

"I'm sorry," Sam apologized. "I just thought you might need some help."

"No, I'm good, thanks."

"Uh, so where are you headed?" Cataleya asked.

"No offense, but no way I'm telling either of you."

"Why not?"

"You could be some kind of freak. I mean, you two are hitchhiking."

"Well, so are you," Sam pointed out.

Meg laughed and a van honked its horn and pulled over.

"Need a ride?" the van driver asked.

"Yeah," Sam, Cataleya and Meg replied.

The van driver looked at Sam. "Just the girls. I ain't takin' you."

Cataleya smiled tightly. "Yeah, no."

Meg gathered her things and got in the van.

Sam looked at Meg. "You trust shady van guy and not me or my friend?"

"Definitely," Meg replied as they drove away.

JORGESON GENERAL STORE - BURKISTVILLE, INDIANA

"You sure they didn't stop for gas or something?" Dean asked as Harley showed the pictures to Stacy who shook her head.

"Nope, don't remember 'em," Harley replied. "You said they were friends of yours?"

"That's right."

Emily came downstairs carrying some boxes. "Did the guy have a tattoo?"

"Yes, he did."

Emily put the boxes on the counter and looked at the picture of Vince before turning to Stacy and Harley. "You remember? They were just married."

Harley suddenly remembered. "You're right. They did stop for gas. Weren't here more than ten minutes."

"You remember anything else?" Dean asked.

"I told 'em how to get back to the Interstate. They left town."

"Could you point me in that same direction?"

"Sure."

Dean got his car and was soon driving by the orchard when they heard a noise coming from the backseat. "What the hell?" He pulled over and reached into his bag. He pulled out the EMF, which was beeping frantically.

He entered the orchard and walked around to see the scarecrow on its post. He made his way over to it and looked at it for a second.

"Dude, you fugly," Dean said, but the scarecrow didn't move. He noticed a sickle in the scarecrow's hand and a design on its arm. He took a ladder from a nearby tree and climbed to the top so he was eye to eye with the scarecrow. He moved its clothing and noticed the design from Vince's tattoo. He pulled out Vince's flyer and compared the designs, which were the same and looked at the scarecrow again. "Nice tat."

Dean made his way back to the Burkitsville gas station. He pulled up and got out.

Emily, who was standing by the gas pumps, said, "You're back."

"Never left," Dean replied.

"Still looking for your friends?" she asked and he nodded.

He noticed Emily's nameplate necklace. "You mind fillin' her up there, Emily?" She grabbed a pump and started filling up Dean's tank. "So, you grew up here?"

"I came here when I was 13. I lost my parents. Car accident. My aunt and uncle took me in."

"They're nice people."

"Everybody's nice here."

"So, what, it's the, uh, perfect little town?"

"Well, you know, it's the boonies. But I love it. I mean, the towns around us, people are losing their homes, their farms. But here, it's almost like we're blessed," she replied and Dean nodded again.

"Hey, you been out to the orchard? You seen that scarecrow?"

"Yeah, it creeps me out."

Dean laughed. "Whose is it?"

"I don't know. It's just always been there."

Dean nodded towards a red van parked by the garage. "That your aunt and uncle's?"

"Customer. Had some car troubles."

"It's not a couple, is it? A guy and girl?"

Emily nodded. "Mmhmm."

A concerned look crossed Dean's face.

BUS STATION

Sam was speaking to the clerk.

"Sorry, the Sacramento bus doesn't run again till tomorrow." She checked the schedule. "Uh, 5:05 PM."

"Tomorrow?" Sam repeated. "There's got to be another way."

"Well, there is. Buy a car."

Sam, annoyed, left the ticket window. He took out his PalmPilot and selected Dean's number as Cataleya walked up with a questioning look and he shook his head, causing her to frown.

Meg was sitting on the floor with her bags. "Hey." Sam looked at her, confused, and he turned off his PalmPilot without calling Dean.

"Hey," Sam greeted.

"You again."

"What happened to your ride?"

"You were right. That guy was shady. He was all hands." Sam raised his eyebrows. "I cut him loose." Sam looked around, disappointed. "What's the matter?"

"Just trying to get to California."

Meg smiled. "No way."

"Yeah."

"Me too." She stood and walked towards him. "You know, the next bus isn't until tomorrow."

"Yeah. Yeah, that's the problem."

"Why? What's in Cali that's so important?"

"Just something I've been looking for. For a long time."

"Well, then I'm sure it can wait one more day, right?" Sam laughed and Meg extended her hand and Sam shook it. "I'm Meg."

"Sam." He gestured to his friend. "That's Cataleya."

SCOTTY'S CAFÉ

Scotty was serving the couple whose car broke down. He put two plates of apple pie in front of them. "We're famous for our apples. So, you gotta try this pie."

"Oh, no," the woman said. "It -- please."

"It's on the house."

Dean walked in. "Oh, hey, Scotty. Can I get a coffee, black?" Scotty walked away to get it. "Oh, and some of that pie, too, while you're at it. He sat at a table next to the couple. "How ya doin'?" The couple waved and smiled. "Just passing through?"

"Road trip," the woman replied.

"Hm. Yeah, me too."

The couple nodded and Scotty walked over to refill their cider. "I'm sure these people want to eat in peace."

"Just a little friendly conversation." Scotty walked away. "Oh, and that coffee, too, man. Thanks." Scotty looked agitated and Dean kept talking to the couple. "So, what brings you to town?"

"We just stopped for gas," the woman answered. "And, uh, the guy at the gas station saved our lives."

"Is that right?"

"Yeah, one of our brake lines was leaking," the man said. "We had no idea. He was fixing it for you."

The concerned look crossed Dean's face again. "Nice people."

"Yeah."

"So, how long till you're up and runnin'?"

"Sundown."

"Really." He took a moment to think. "To fix a brake line?" The man nodded. "I mean, you know, I know a thing or two about cars. I could probably have you up and running in about an hour. I wouldn't charge you anything."

The girl pursed her lips. "You know, thanks a lot, but I think we'd rather have a mechanic do it."

"Sure. I know." He paused. "You know, it's just that these roads. They're not real safe at night."

The couple exchanged a look before the woman asked, "I'm sorry?"

"I know it sounds strange, but, uh -- you may be in danger."

The man replied in an annoyed tone, "Look, we're trying to eat. Okay?"

"Yeah." Dean looked down, disappointed and the couple looked worried by him. "You know, my brother could give you this puppy dog look, and you'd just buy right into it."

The bell above the café door jingled and someone walked in.

Scotty came out from a back room. "Thanks for coming, Sheriff."

Dean looked nervous and frustrated. Scotty whispered something in the sheriff's ear, and they looked at Dean, who looked away.

The sheriff walked towards Dean. "I'd like a word, please."

"Come on," Dean muttered. "We're having a bad day already."

"You know what would make it worse?" the sheriff questioned and Dean nodded slowly.

The sheriff followed Dean down the Interstate to make sure he left. When he was gone, the sheriff turned around and drove back to Burkitsville.

BUS STATION

Sam, Cataleya and Meg were sitting at a table with beers and different foods around them.

"So, what, are you on some kind of vacation or something?" Sam asked.

Meg laughed. "Yeah, right. It's all slipping Cristal poolside for me." Sam and Meg laughed and Cataleya gave a small smirk. "No. I had to get away from my family."

"Why?"

"I love my parents. And they wanted what's best for me. They just didn't care if I wanted it. I was supposed to be smart. But not smart enough to scare away a husband." Sam smiled. "It's just... because my family said so, I was supposed to sit there and do what I was told. So I just went on my own way instead." Sam stared at her. "I'm sorry. The things you say to people you hardly know."

"No, no, it's okay. I know how you feel. Remember that brother I mentioned before, that my friend and I were road-tripping with?" Meg nodded. "It's, uh, it's kind of the same deal."

"And that's why you're not riding with him anymore?" Sam and Cataleya shook their heads and Meg raised her beer bottle. "Here's to us. The food might be bad, and the beds might be hard. But at least we're living our own lives. And nobody else's." Sam and Cataleya tapped their bottles against hers and they each drank.

INTERSTATE

Dean was driving back to Burkitsville.

He noticed a car near the orchard and ran in front of the couple in the clearing, causing them to stop.

"Get back to your car," Dean instructed. The couple looked behind them and saw the scarecrow getting closer. "Go! Go!" The couple ran away. Dean cocked his gun and shot the scarecrow, which stumbled but kept walking. Dean began running, cocked his gun again, and shot it. The scarecrow kept going. Dean tried a third time, but the scarecrow kept moving and Dean kept running. "Go! Go!" Dean and the couple reached the clearing. Dean cocked his gun and looked around, but the scarecrow was gone.

Steve panted. "What -- what the hell was that?"

"Don't ask," Dean replied.

BUS STATION

Meg was sleeping on the floor.

Sam was sitting by his bag on the phone with Dean, trying to be quiet. Cataleya was curled up next to him, her head on her bag. "The scarecrow climbed off its cross?"

"Yeah, I'm telling' ya. Burkitsville, Indiana. Fun town."

"It didn't kill the couple, did it?"

"No. I can't cope without you and Leya, you know."

"So, something must be animating it. A spirit."

"No, it's more than a spirit. It's a god. A Pagan god, anyway."

"What makes you say that?"

"The annual cycle of its killings? And the fact that the victims are always a man and a woman. Like some kind of fertility right. And you two should see the locals. The way they treated this couple. Fattenin' 'em up like a Christmas turkey."

"The last meal. Given to sacrificial victims."

"Yeah, I'm thinking a ritual sacrifice to appease some Pagan god."

"So, a god possesses the scarecrow..."

"And the scarecrow takes its sacrifice. And for another year, the crops won't wilt, and disease won't spread."

"Do you know which god you're dealing with?"

"No, not yet."

"Well, you figure out what it is, you can figure out a way to kill it."

"I know. I'm actually on my way to a local community college. I've got an appointment with a professor. You know, since I don't have my trusty sidekick geek boy and smartie girl to do all the research."

Sam laughed. "You know, if you're hinting you need Cataleya's and my help, just ask."

"I'm not hinting anything. Actually, uh -- I want you to know... I mean, don't think..."

"Yeah. I'm sorry, too."

"Sam. You were right. You gotta do your own thing. You gotta live your own life."

"Are you serious?"

"You've always known what you want. And you go after it. You stand up to Dad. And you always have. Hell, I wish I -- anyway... I admire that about you. I'm proud of you, Sammy."

"I don't even know what to say."

"Say you'll take care of yourself and Leya."

"I will."

"Call me when you and Leya find Dad."

"Okay. Bye, Dean," Sam said in a sad tone.

They hung up and Meg woke and moved next to Sam.

"Who was that?" Meg asked.

"My brother," Sam replied.

"What'd he say?"

"Goodbye."

They exchanged a look.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE

"It's not every day I get a research question on Pagan ideology," the professor said.

"Yeah, well, call it a hobby," Dean replied.

"But you said you were interested in local lore?"

"Mmhmm."

"I'm afraid Indiana isn't really known for its Pagan worship."

"Well, what if it was imported? You know, like the Pilgrims brought their religion over. Wasn't a lot of this area settled by immigrants?"

"Well, yeah."

"Like that town near here, Burkitsville. Where are their ancestors from?"

"Uh, northern Europe, I believe, Scandinavia."

"What could you tell me about those Pagan gods?"

"Well, there are hundreds of Norse gods and goddesses."

"I'm actually looking for one. Might live in an orchard."

They made their way to a classroom and the professor put a large book down on a table and opened it.

"Woods god, hm?" the professor questioned. "Well, it's see." He leafed through some pages.

On one page, Dean noticed a picture of a scarecrow on  a post surrounded by farmers in a field. "Wait, wait, wait. What's that one?"

"Oh, that's not a woods god, per se."

"The V-Vanir?" Dean read and the professor nodded. ""The Vanir were Norse gods of protection and prosperity, keeping the local settlements safe from harm. Some villages built effigies of the Vanir in their fields. Other villages practiced human sacrifice. One make, and one female."" He pointed to the picture. "Kind of looks like a scarecrow, huh?"

"I suppose."

Dean continued reading. "This particular Vanir that's energy sprung from a sacred tree?"

"Well, Pagans believed all sorts of things were infused with magic."

"So what would happen if the sacred witch tree was torched? You think it'd kill the god?"

The professor laughed. "Son, these are just legends we're discussing."

"Listen, thank you very much," Dean said, shaking the professor's hand.

"Glad I could help."

Dean walked to the classroom door. When he opened it, the sheriff hit him on the head with the end of his rifle. Dean fell to the ground, and the sheriff and the professor exchanged a knowing look.

---

On the streets of Burkitsville, Stacy, Harley, Scotty and the sheriff were  standing in the rain, upset.

"You don't understand, Harley," Scotty said. "All of us here -- It's our responsibility to protect the town."

"I understand," Harley replied. "Better than all of you. I'm the one that gives 'em directions. I'm the one that sends 'em down to the orchard."

"Harley, please," the sheriff said.

"We all close our doors. Look the other way. Pretend we can't hear the screams. But this is different, this -- this is murder."

"It's angry with us," Stacy told them. "Already the trees are beginning to die. Tonight's the seventh night of the cycle. Our last chance."

"If the boy has to die, the boy has to die. But why does it have to be her?"

They said nothing, but stared at the ground, disappointed.

---

Dean was in the cellar. Suddenly, the cellar door opened and Emily was there, being held by her aunt and uncle. She was crying.

"Aunt Stacy. Uncle Harley, please." Emily was brought down the stairs, next to Dean and her aunt and uncle went back upstairs. "Why are you doing this?"

"For the common good," Stacy replied, shutting the cellar door, leaving Dean and Emily in the dark.

BUS STATION

Meg was gathering her things. Sam was trying to call Dean on his phone.

"Hey. Our bus came in," Meg said.

Sam hung up the phone, shaking his head. "You better catch it. She and I gotta go." He put on his backpack.

"Go where?"

"Burkitsville."

"Sam, wait."

Cataleya met Meg's eyes. "He's been trying to call his brother, as have I, for the last three hours. We're just getting his voicemail."

"Well, maybe his phone is turned off."

"No, it's not like him. Meg, we think he might be in trouble."

"What kind of trouble?"

"We can't really explain right now," Sam said. "I'm sorry, look, I don't want you to miss your bus."

"But I don't understand. You're running back to your brother and friend? The guy you ran away from? Why, because he won't pick up his phone? Sam, Cataleya -- come with me to California."

"We can't. I'm sorry."

"Why not?"

"He's my family."

Sam and Cataleya left and Meg watched him go, close to tears.

CELLAR

Dean was trying to open the cellar door, but failed.

"I don't understand," Emily said. "They're gonna kill us?"

"Sacrifice us," Dean corrected. "Which is, I don't know, classier, I guess?" He walked over to her. "You really didn't know anything about this, did you?"

"About what? The scarecrow? I can't believe this."

"Well, you better start believing, 'cause I'm gonna need your help."

"Okay."

"Now, we can destroy the scarecrow, but we gotta find that tree."

"What tree?"

"Maybe you can help me with that. It would be really old. The locals would treat it with a lot of respect, you know, like it was sacred."

"There was this one apple tree. The immigrants brought it over with them. They call it the First Tree."

"Is it in the orchard?"

"Yeah, but I don't know where."

The cellar door opened and the four elders stood there.

"It's time," Stacy told them.

Dean and Emily exchanged a nervous look.

They made their way to the orchard and the elders tied Dean and Emily to adjacent trees.

"How many people have you killed, Sheriff?" Dean asked. "How much blood is on your hands?"

"We don't kill them," the sheriff replied.

"No, but you sure cover up after. I mean, how many cars have you hidden, clothes have you buried?"

The sheriff walked away.

"Uncle Harley, please," Emily begged.

"I am so sorry, Em," Harley apologized. "I wish it wasn't you."

"Try to understand. It's our responsibility," Stacy told her. "And there's just no other choice. There's nobody else but you."

"I'm your family," Emily said.

"Sweetheart, that's what sacrifice means. Giving up something you love for the greater good. The town needs to be safe. The good of the many outweighs the good of the one." The four elders walked away.

"I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it!" Dean yelled.

"So, what's the plan?" Emily asked.

"I'm workin' on it."

Hours passed and Emily questioned, "You don't have a plan, do you?"

Dean, in a slightly panicked tone, replied, "I'm workin' on it. Can you see?"

"What?"

"Is he moving yet?"

"I can't see." Two shadows were moving near the trees. "Oh my God." As the shadows moved closer, Dean tried to untie his ropes. "Oh my God!"

Sam and Cataleya came out from behind the trees. "Dean?"

"Oh!" Dean cried. "Oh, I take back everything I said. I'm so happy to see you. Come on." Sam began untying Dean from the tree while Cataleya untied Emily from the tree. "How'd you two get here?"

"I, uh -- I stole a car," Sam replied.

"Haha! That's my boy and girl! And keep an eye on that scarecrow. He could come alive any minute."

"What scarecrow?" Sam and Cataleya asked.

Dean got up and saw that the scarecrow post was empty. The trio exchanged a nervous look and started running.

"All right, now this sacred tree you're talking about-" Sam trailed.

"It's the source of its power," Dean explained.

Cataleya shrugged. "So let's find it and burn it."

"Nah, in the morning," Dean replied. "Let's just shag ass before Leather Face catches up." The four of them reached a clearing to see elders and a few other townspeople waiting for them. "This way." They turned, but they were blocked in all directions.

"Please. Let us go," Emily begged.

"It'll be over quickly, I promise," Harley reassured.

"Please."

"Emily, you have to let him take you. You have to--" The scarecrow stuck his sickle through Harley's stomach. Emily and Stacy screamed, then Stacy was captured by the scarecrow. Emily ran into Dean's arms while her aunt and uncle were dragged away by the scarecrow. The rest of the townspeople ran away in fright.

"Come on, let's go," Dean said.

The four resumed running and heard a noise and turned around, but the scarecrow and its victims had disappeared. The four stayed there and looked around.

Morning came and Sam, Dean, Emily and Cataleya walked to the sacred tree with gasoline and a lighter. The tree was marked with Vince's tattoo design. Sam went to the tree and poured gasoline on it. Dean took a large branch Cataleya had found and lit it.

"Let me," Emily said, taking the branch from Dean.

"You know, the whole town's gonna die," Dean told her.

"Good." She threw the burning branch onto the tree, and the four of them watched it go up in flames.

They made their way to a bus stop and Emily got on a bus to Boston. She smiled at Dean, who waved to her. She waved back and took a seat. Dean, Sam and Cataleya watched the bus leave.

"Think she's gonna be all right?" Sam asked.

"I hope so," Dean answered.

"And the rest of the townspeople, they'll just get away with it?"

"Well, what'll happen to the town will have to be punishment enough." They started walking to the Impala. "So, can I drop you off somewhere?"

"No, I think you're stuck with me," Sam replied as they stopped at the car.

"What made you change your mind?" Dean asked.

"I didn't. I still wanna find Dad. And you're still a pain in the ass." Dean nodded. "But, Jess and Mom -- they're both gone. Dad is God knows where. You, me and Cataleya. We're all that's left. So, if we're gonna see this through, we're gonna do it together."

Dean paused. "Hold me, Sam. That was beautiful." He put his head on Sam's shoulder, who hit it away and they laughed.

"You should be kissing Cataleya's and my ass, you were dead meat, dude."

"Yeah, right. I had a plan, I'd have gotten out."

"Right." They smiled and got in the car.

"And what was that plan exactly?" Cataleya asked.

"I was working on it," Dean said, glancing back at her.

"Sure you were."

"I was!"

"Uh-huh. This is what, twice I've saved you now?"

"Leya, shut up."

"Never. It's too fun to make fun of you."

"I mean it."

Sam looked between them. "Stop it you two."

HIGHWAY

Another shady guy was giving Meg a ride.

"So, where to, pretty lady?" the van driver asked.

"How about you pull over?" Meg suggested.

The van driver looked at her. "Okay. That works." He pulled over and Meg reached into her bag and pulled out a silver bowl. "What's that?"

"I've got to make a call." She reached into the bowl to get something.

"I've got a cell phone you could use."

"It's not that kind of call." She pulled out a knife and slit the van driver's throat. She held the bowl under his neck and let his blood pour into it. "Thanks for the ride." She began stirring the blood in the bowl with her finger. "Tire quire patern me a di." The blood swirled around and a silver orb appeared in the middle of the liquid. "It makes no sense. I could've stopped Sam and Cataleya. Hell, I could've taken them all. Why let them go?" She paused, listening. "Yes." She paused again. "Yes." She paused a third time. "Yes, Father."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

10.6K 417 39
This is book 2 in the Her Hunter series Dean and Elena had been on the road together happy. Saving people. Hunting things. The family business. Bu...
82.8K 1.6K 187
She should have died. But instead, a green-eyed man saved her. Alana Thomas and Dean Winchester begin hunting together. He's her sight and she's his...
21.1K 359 71
Kennedy Mae Ryan grew up as normal a girl could get. She never thought tragedy could strike so abruptly. But it did. Her parents were violently kill...
1.8K 1 10
You know how Dean had a younger brother, Sam, and that was it?? Well this shows what they would've been like with a younger sister, whom is just lik...