Sunshine

RocknRoll7575 tarafından

After his Transcripts are revealed to be false, Jaune is expelled but is allowed to return for his 2nd year... Daha Fazla

Prologue: Fare thee well, Jaune Arc
Chapter 1: Branwen
Chapter 2: Adapt or Die
Chapter 3: Nevermore
Chapter 4: Death of Innocence
Chapter 6: A Troubled Mind & Heart
Chapter 7: A Joke About God
Chapter 8: Web
Chapter 9: Trespassers
Chapter 10: Spiders on the Farm
Chapter 11: Ashes to Ashes
Chapter 12: Entering the Web
Chapter 13: Too Far Already
Chapter 14: You are my...
Chapter 15: Come Join the Murder
Chapter 16: Argus, sweet Argus!
Chapter 17: Rest your weary head...
Chapter 18: Ghosts in the Snow
Chapter 19: Mountain
Chapter 20: New Member
Chapter 21: Snowfall
Chapter 22: A Deer in Headlights
Chapter 23: Redemption
Chapter 24: Beowulf on Fire
Chapter 25: Ash Like Snow
Chapter 26: Beowulf, Deer, Old Dragon
Chapter 27: Smile More
Chapter 28: So Close, Yet So Far
Chapter 29: Patched up
Chapter 30: My Home
Chapter 31: Farewell, Myself of the Past
Chapter 32: The Boy Named Sun
Chapter 33: Fear of the Future
Chapter 34: By Heaven's Decree

Chapter 5: Birds of a feather

1.4K 38 10
RocknRoll7575 tarafından

Update:

Here are the updated chapters of the Acts!

Part 1:

Branwen Act (Finished after this Chapter)

Pine Act (Chapters 6-11)

Spider Act (Chapters 12-15)

Argus Act (Chapters 16-17)

Atlas Act (Chapters 18-25)

Patch Act (Chapters 26-31)

Shade Act (Chapters 32-?)

Side Note: Also I only have the simplified plots for the Part 2 Acts, and the names for them, but I don't have the chapters planned out. So I'll give you the names and the number of Acts that I have Semi-planned out (All while I'm still thinking about what part 3 is basically gonna be).

Part 2:

Beacon Act

Bonds Act

Blackbird Act

Beauty and Beast Act

Also, if you're wondering what Jaune's armors look like, go head to my DeviantArt and my Twitter, both under: RnR7575. It's a terrible edit/coloring but eh, work with what I got...

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

It was the day after the incident, and Jaune did not sleep, he watched over Vernal, making sure she was breathing and she was if the slow rhythmic rising of her chest was any indicator. He stayed awake to make sure that no more harm would come to them, most of all, Vernal. However, he then saw the light of the Sun begin to shine through the tent, and he looked over to Vernal, as she continued to sleep. He wanted to sleep, but at the same time, he knew he couldn't because he was afraid that Raven or any bandit would try and kill him and her.

And yet, he looked at his hands and his armor and saw the dried blood stained on it, his mind flashed back to his actions and the sounds of Shay's skull being bashed. Jaune remembered how he felt when he did it.

But quickly, he shook his head away from such thoughts and he decided to get out of the tent. Jaune looked around to see that no one was up yet and decided to head to the river in order to wash off his armor, shield, and his sword, He didn't want Vernal to see him like this, so he went back into the tent real quick to grab Crocea Mors and than made his way out of the camp and to the river. As he continued to leave, the entire camp was eerily silent, but he should have expected that it was very early in the morning, after all.

Jaune continued making his way to the river, and when he eventually arrives, he unstrapped his armor and washed it off in the river. He rubbed water on it and then lightly scrubbed it off with his hands, and eventually, the blood washed off, and he continued to clean it off until he heard the voice.

'Why didn't you kill her!?'

Jaune stopped washing his armor and looked to his right side only to see a Beowulf sitting next to him like a regular dog. It looked down at him with its yellow-reddish eyes.

Jaune looked back only to look away and returned to washing his armor, "Go away," Jaune told it

The Beowulf laughed loudly, to Jaune it was quite frighting to hear a Grimm laugh... even if that Grimm was simply a figment of his imagination.

'You know I can't leave, I'm forever a part of you now,' The Beowulf told Jaune with a chuckle, 'I'll always be a part of you as long as you kill! As long as you feel hatred! As long as you feel fear! As long as you feel inferior! As long as you feel loneliness! Because that's all you feel!'

Jaune grit his teeth, "Shut. Up." Jaune told it.

'You're weak! You're afraid! And you're nothing!'

"I said... SHUT. UP!" Jaune cried

'ADMIT IT! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT PROTECTING VERNAL! ALL YOU WANT NOW IS RAVEN DEAD!' The Beowulf roared.

Jaune pulled his chest plate out of the river and swung it at the Beowulf with all his might and an angry yell, but he fell forward and onto his stomach, as the Beowulf disappeared, however, Jaune still heard its vile laughter.

Jaune got back up and his free hand balled into a fist but then went back to washing his armor. As he did though, he thought about the Beowulf said and when he did, he wondered if the Beowulf was right about Vernal and Raven.

Did he really not care about Vernal? No... No, he cared what happened to her, she was the only friend he's made out here. Was all he wanted as of now the death of Raven? He would admit, he wanted Raven dead, all of his anger and hatred was directed toward her, but... he was more worried about Vernal. He wanted her safe, wanted to make sure that nothing like what happened the night before ever happened to Vernal ever again.

But he knew he couldn't stay here, they both couldn't say here.

'But how...?' Jaune asked himself, 'How can I and Vernal get out of here?'

"If you wish to leave you will show me your strength leave on your own terms..."

Jaune's eyes widened with realization at the memory of Raven's words. If he wanted to leave, he had to show Raven his strength, and if he was able to beat her in a spar, he might be able to leave and hopefully, with Vernal.

Jaune decided that was what he was going to do as he finished cleaning his Armor, and walked back to camp, but as he did, he reminded himself that he simply couldn't just challenge her without a plan, after all, she was a pro-huntress and one of the most wanted people in all of Remnant, so beating her in a spar was not going to be easy.

Jaune thought hard, trying to form a plan in his head on how to beat Raven. Raven had speed, a dust blade that bypassed his Aura, and her skill with a sword surpassed anyone he knew, even Pyrrha.

So, how could he, a person on par with the average huntsmen student just learning his skills, and just awakening his semblance the day before, possibly beat someone much more powerful and skilled as him?

Meanwhile, and much later, Raven was pouring a cup of tea for the guest across from her, and then a cup for her. She set the teapot down and grabbed her own cup and took a small sip before setting it back down and looking across from her at her guest.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your unexpected visit, dear brother?" Raven asked with a smile

Qrow looked at his tea, but pushed it a little to the side, tea was never... well as Yang and Tai would jokingly put it, his cup of tea. He then looked at his sister with a small grin, "Can't a brother visit his twin sister?" he asked

"Of course, but I know there's more to it than that," Raven said "So why don't you spit it out, Qrow?"

Qrow shrugged but continued to smile, "Well, ok, I am here to see you, but to also warn you, and do a favor for Oz real quick,"

Raven rolled her eyes, "What does that old fool want?" Raven asked "It's no use trying to convince me to come back to him, I-"

"It's not about you, Rae" Qrow said "It's about Nick's kid,"

Raven was surprised that Ozpin knew he was here, because now that he knew where Jaune was, he also knew where Raven was, which spelled trouble for her in a lot of ways. "How does Ozpin know I have Nicholas's son?" Raven asked

Qrow chuckled, "His scroll," Qrow told her, "All Beacon students were given scrolls with a tracking feature thanks to Glynda, so when Oz wanted to know where the kid was, he saw the kid's scroll was staying in this area for a month, so he sent me to check in and make sure the kid is safe, and when I came here, boy was I surprised to see that he's here, with you,"

Raven slightly scowled at her twin brother. He would likely tell Ozpin all about this, and no doubt keep surveillance on her if she continued to have Jaune here in camp, which was bad for her, because if that old fool could find her, then so could she.

"Yes, I've been training him, trying to make sure he could actually survive this oh-so-cruel world of the Huntsmen's life," Raven said "Something my daughter and Summer's spawn no little about,"

Qrow glared at his sister.

"Oh don't give me that look, you know as well as I do, that Yang and Summer's daughter are not at all ready for what this job truly entails," Raven said, "I'm even surprised that you were willing to train Summer's child, after all, if I recall, Summer wanted her daughter to have nothing-"

"That's what she wanted, not what Ruby wanted," Qrow said, "Ruby can make her own choices,"

Raven smiled, she knew she got under her brother's skin, "Of course, she can," Raven said with a smile, "But what would Summer say if she saw that you threw her daughter into the fray?"

Qrow glared at her and was about to say something, but decided to hold off on whatever insult he was going to say, and he sighed, "I didn't come here to fight, I came here to check on the kid and to warn you,"

Raven's eyebrow perked up with inquiry, "A warning? About what?"

"Salem's been quiet, too quiet," Qrow said, "Oz knows she's up to something, but we don't know what, but whatever it is, it's not good,"

"Of course, it's not good, but I doubt Ozpin will be able to stop her plans," Raven said, "After all, he hasn't been successful so far, and it'll be the same this time too,"

Qrow groaned, "Maybe not if we had more help if you-"

"I am not going back there, Qrow," Raven said, cutting him off and glaring at him.

Qrow glared back, "Why not? Huh? All your doing is hiding away-"

Raven slammed her hand down on her table, "I am not hiding!" Raven said

"Really?" Qrow asked "Because it looks that way to me,"

Raven was about to say something, however, she couldn't due to the flap of the tent opening and they both turned to see who it was that entered. It was Jaune, he stood at the tent's entrance and looked at Raven, with a blank expression, but then he saw Qrow, and looked a little surprised.

Qrow smiled when he looked at Jaune, "Well, I'll be damned," Qrow said, "You do look just like your father," Qrow said

Jaune looked at him with a raised brow, "Who are you?" Jaune asked

Qrow stood up and looked at Jaune, with that smile on his face, "Name's Qrow's kid," Qrow introduced himself, "John, right?"

"It's Jaune," Jaune told Qrow.

Qrow nodded, "Right, right, anyway, I was just catching up with my sister here, but I'll be heading out now," Qrow then made his way to the tent flap, but stopped and turned to back to his sister. "Don't forget I'll be keeping an eye on you, Rae," Qrow said, before finally leaving

Jaune was confused about what that was about but turned back to Raven, "Never mentioned you had a younger brother," Jaune said

"Twin brother actually, and you never asked," Raven said, taking a sip of her tea

"If I asked, would you even say you did?" Jaune asked

"Most likely not," Raven said "What do you want, Jaune?"

Jaune stood across from her and looked down at her, "I wanna leave," He told her, "And I'm taking Vernal with me," Jaune said

Raven wasn't surprised that Jaune wanted to leave, but she was surprised that Jaune wanted to take Vernal with him. However, this was good for her, Jaune wanted to leave, and if she allowed it, he would leave the tribe, which meant Ozpin and Qrow would have no reason to keep an eye on her, and possibly find out that she is the Spring Maiden. Which meant she was safe. However, she couldn't let Vernal leave, she was the only one Raven could rely on to actually fight in this tribe.

"You can leave," Raven said, "But Vernal stays with me," Raven told him

Jaune shook his head, "No, no way," Jaune said with an angry tone, "I'm not leaving her with you!" Jaune said

Raven glared at him, "You have no right-"

"No! you have no right!" Jaune seethed with a glare, "After everything you did! You have no right to say anything or do anything that involves me or her! I'm leaving and she's coming with me!"

"And what makes you think she wants to leave?" Raven asked, "This is her home, Jaune, her people, do you really think she wants to leave the only place she's called home?" Raven asked once again

Jaune wanted to argue the question, but... he realized that he didn't think about that. He didn't think about if Vernal was willing to leave the tribe, leave the only place she called home. However, she shook his head, "She'll leave because she knows you did it," Jaune said "She knows you betrayed her and stabbed her in back, she won't want to stay here, not under you,"

Raven realized that he had a point too, and she internally groaned, even in death, Shay managed to screw things up. He wasn't supposed to say a word about her being involved, but she should have known the fool couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"Do you care for her? Vernal?" Raven asked

Jaune looked at her with a glare, "More than you,"

"Are you smitten with her?" Raven asked with a smirk and a raised brow.

Jaune shook his head, "No it's not like that... She's my friend," Jaune said "And I do anything for my friends,"

"Is that so?" Raven asked with a smirk forming on her face

"Yes," Jaune replied

Raven nodded, continuing to smirk before taking a sip of her tea, and after a rather large sip, she set it back down and looked at Jaune, "Then I'll make you a deal," Raven said

Jaune looked at her with a suspicious glance. "What kind of deal?" Jaune asked her

"We'll have a small spar, we have to disarm each other, If you win, you and Vernal are free to go when she awakes, if I win, you will leave and Vernal will remain here in the tribe," Raven said, "Do we have a deal, Jaune?"

Jaune looked at her and while he knew this was the route that he was going to take no matter what, he still came to see if Raven would just let them go, but he was an idiot for thinking that it would be that simple.

"Deal," Jaune said

Raven nodded, "Good, now go and prepare," Raven said

Jaune nodded, turned around, and left the tent, but in his peripheral vision, he passed the Beowulf, who was sitting by the tent flap. The Beowulf said nothing, but its shoulders bobbed up and down.

'Hehehehehe... Hahahahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!' The Beowulf laughed 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WE'LL KILL RAVEN! WE'LL KILL RAVEN! WE'LL KILL RAVEN! WE'LL KILL RAVEN!' It cried with glee

Jaune just continued walking away, ignoring the laughter of the Beowulf, but he wouldn't deny that a small part of him was just a little excited because of the small thought that he might be able to kill her.

Jaune arrived back at the tent and saw Vernal was still unconscious and in the corner was his now clean armor, however, instead of putting his armor on, he sat down next to Vernal and crossed his legs, and looked at her.

"Vernal I... I'm so s-sorry," Jaune said as tears formed in his eyes, "I... I'm the biggest idiot to ever live!" Jaune cried

Tears continued to stream down his face as she looked at her, he breathed in and then wiped the tears away. He looked over her form once more, let out a sad sigh, and rested his head in his hand.

"You know... I started to hate myself when I was 10," Jaune said "When I was 10, I ran into the woods to prove to my dad I could be a huntsman, my older sister Saphron chased after me, we encountered a Beowulf and she got hurt, her upper back is scared because of me, and since then I... I hated myself, I doubted that I could do anything right, I doubted I could get into Beacon the right way, doubted I could live there with my lackluster skill, I even doubted that I could survive this... but I was happy,"

No response came, of course.

"I made friends, I trained hard, I grew, I was happy because I had friends," Jaune said, "I had Ruby, Pyrrha, Ren, Nora... I had you,"

Vernal's breathing remained the same and tears began to form in his eyes again and his hand gripped his face.

"But I let them down, and look what being my friend got you, I'm nothing but an idiot who seems to disappoint everyone and if I don't do that, I get them hurt..." Jaune said

No response.

Jaune chuckled sadly, "Why am I even telling you this? Maybe... Maybe because this might be the last time I see you and talk to you?" Jaune asked.

No response.

"I'm going to fight Raven so that you and I can leave this place because I don't want you here where Raven might use you again and end up getting you killed for good... If I lose, I leave but without you and that's worse than anything because it means I'm still weak, it means that I'm..." Jaune began, "I'm nothing, and knowing that is the scariest thing," Jaune finished

No response from Vernal.

Jaune smiled sadly before chuckling and whipping his tears away.

"I better get changed... Don't wanna keep her waiting," Jaune said

Jaune went to his armor and began putting the pieces on, one by one. Wondering if this was really the end for him, but then, he began thinking about everything he's done so far.

He made it to Beacon, passed initiation, became team leader, made friends, fought an Ursa Major, saved a life, trained to become better, survived a fight with Raven Branwen, met Vernal, and fought with her side by side.

In a way, he led an exciting life, but I'm the end, he was still nothing, and his life never amounted to anything.

"You're not nothing,"

Hearing Vernal's voice, Jaune whipped his head around so fast and looked at her, but she was still unconscious.

'Did I imagine it...?' Jaune thought.

But the blonde knight shook his head and smiled, "I-I thought I heard you say something Vernal... But maybe I've just gone crazy," he said as he chuckled sadly "But even so... Thank you," he said

Jaune finished putting on his armor and made his way out of the tent, picking up Crocea Mors on his way out of the tent, only looking back at Vernal for only a split second, before continuing making his way out of the tent and toward Raven's tent.

Once he was gone and out of sight, Vernal's eyes slowly opened, and she looked toward the entrance of the tent, before sitting up and bringing her legs close to her chest.

"Don't thank me for just telling the truth Arc..." Vernal said

And now, Vernal began to think about something that would change her life. Did she want to leave the tribe if Jaune won, or did she want to stay?

She wanted to leave with Jaune because Raven betrayed her, used her, and nearly got her killed, and if she stayed, Jaune was right, Raven would just use her again.

But... this place was her home, the tribe was the only family she knew.

Could she really leave it...?

XXX

XXX

XXX

Jaune arrived at the back of Raven's tent, where he saw her, fully armed and ready for battle, but wasn't wearing her mask, and he saw the Bandit leader looking at a nearby tree, where a crow was perched on a branch, cawing at her as if it was upset with her or telling her something.

"Raven," Jaune called out

Raven turned back to him and when she did, she saw Jaune right in front of her and then saw him thrust his sword right into her stomach!

Raven's eyes widened, but she then blinked only to see that Jaune was not in front of her, in fact, he was still a few feet away from her, her head turned down to her stomach only to see that his sword had not punctured her gut.

She was surprised but then smiled, as she looked back up at Jaune and she could see his glare at her as he was already in a fighting stance.

'He's giving off such a killing intent it manifested before my eyes!' Raven thought with a smile, 'He has truly grown, such a killing aura could scare even a Beacon student, but does he have the skills to back it up?'

"Are you ready, Jaune?" Raven asked as she had her hand on Omen, ready to draw the blade.

Jaune looked at her and nodded, preparing for any attack she threw at him, prepared to use his Semblance to boost himself in defense and offense.

Raven nodded and her sheath rotated and then stopped and she drew Omen out, her blade was blue, letting him know it was an ice dust blade. She then quickly appeared above Jaune and swung down at him, but Jaune blocked it with his shield, and quickly pushed her blade upward and slashed at her gut. Still, she used her sheath to block the attack and backflipped away from him. Still, when she landed, she looked back toward Jaune only to see that he charged at her and swung Crocea Mors to her left, but quickly blocked the attack with Omen, however, part of Jaune's plan and bashed her with his shield, causing Raven to actually fall onto her back.

Jaune didn't let up and he quickly swung down at her, but Raven rolled to the side and then quickly got to her feet and then gripped Omen tightly and thrust at Jaune's right side, but the blonde knight acted quickly and backed up before he could be pierced by Raven. Seeing she missed, Raven spun around and slashed at Jaune, but he blocked it with Crocea Mors, but Raven kicked him in the gut and sent him onto his back. He looked up to see Raven was going to stab him, he blocked it with his shield and Raven pulled back and thrust down at him again, but Jaune rolled out of the way, just as Raven activated the blade and a large shard of ice penetrated the ground.

Jaune quickly got to his feet as Raven's sheat rotated and she then quickly pulled out a black blade, and Jaune's eyes widened with fear as Raven ran at him with such speed and slashed her sword, sending a slash of purple his way, which, instead of hitting him, repelled him backward, sending him hitting the large wall of the tribe. Raven quickly sheathed Omen and then when the sheath was done rotating, she pulled out a red blade, she smiled and she looked forward where she saw Jaune get back up and her smile slightly grew.

"I will no longer be holding back Jaune," Raven told him as she took a ko gasumi stance, "I will end this now,"

Jaune looked at her and prepared himself and glared at her. 'If this goes on any longer, I'll lose!' Jaune thought, 'I need to let her get close and end this! No matter what happens, no matter what it takes! I NEED TO END THIS NOW!' Jaune cried to himself

Raven charged at him with such speed that to a civilian it looked like she had a speed Semblance, however, as soon as she took off, Jauen focused on nothing but Raven, blocking out everything. he didn't hear the whistle of the wind, or the sound of the Crow cawing at a rapid pace. All he heard was the footsteps of Raven as she charged forward, all he saw was Raven's face with a soft smile on her lips, all he could think about was waiting for Raven to get in close so he could strike her.

Everything in Jaune screamed one simple word.

Focus.

And for Jaune, once that word came to his head, it was like his whole body became relaxed, and he focused only on one simple task.

Disarm Raven.

So when Raven was finally close enough, she thrust Omen forward at Jaune's face and activated the blade in the process, however, the blonde teen moved his head to the side just in time as the fire dust blade broke through his Aura, and cut his upper left cheek, leaving a long and deep cut, but Jaune used this opportunity to slightly step to his right and with all his strength, he quickly swung Crocea Mors upward while also boosting his Aura, and he struck guard of Omen hard, causing the blade to be knocked upward and out of Raven's hand.

Jaune pointed Crocea Mors at her and Raven looked at him with a bit of a surprised expression, but it morphed into a happy one, and she smiled at the boy, a proud one at that.

"Well done, Jaune," Raven said with a happy tone.

"I won," Jaune said, simply glaring at her while taking a few breaths

"You did and as we agreed on, you and Vernal are allowed to leave the tribe," Raven told him, "If she even wants to leave," Raven told him, still smiling

Jaune's glare intensified and his anger slightly grew

'You can do it right now! kill her! kill her!' cried the Beowulf as it appeared right behind Raven, its long sharp claws resting on her shoulders as if to stop her from turning away and running, 'Do it! You know you want to! Kill her! Kill her! Kill her! Kill her! KILLHERKILLHERKILLHERKILLHER!' the Beowulf taunted.

Jaune wanted to, the more the Grimm taunted, the more he wanted to do it, but he reminded himself that there was something more important than killing Raven. He lowered his sword, collapsed his shield, and sheathed Crocea Mors.

looked at Raven with a heated stare, "I see you ever again, I'll kill you," Jaune told her.

Raven chuckled as she sheathed Omen, "You're not the first to say that, and you won't be the last," Raven said, "You still have a long way to go Jaune before your even on my level, you couldn't even kill me now," Raven said

She turned her head to the tree to see the crow staring back at her.

"You just got lucky," Raven said.

Jaune just turned around and walked away, making his way back to his and Vernal's tent.

Raven watched as he left, and appearing behind her was her brother, closing his flask and pocketing it inside his vest, and then looked to his sister, "Kid's good, not all the way there, but hey, if a kid like him can handle you and not get killed in a matter of seconds, then I'd say you trained him well, Rae" Qrow said, "Though, gotta ask... Ya let him win?"

Raven stayed silent for a bit, and shook her head, "Not at all," Raven said before walking away, "Your Semblance must have affected me during the fight,"

"Is that right?" Qrow asked with a raised brow and a smile.

Raven nodded, "Yes, after all, it always activates at the worst of times," Raven told him, "Isn't that right... dear brother?" Raven asked, feeling her twins glare in the back of her head,

"Also, do you think I would simply allow myself to be beaten by some child?" Raven said, "I'd throw myself at Salem before I decided to disgrace myself, you'd be good to remember that, Qrow," Raven said, as she began walking away.

Qrow chuckled and shrugged, he had a feeling she was lying but didn't know why, after all, why would she let someone like the kid go, from what Ozpin said the kid had a lot of potential and from what Qrow saw, the kid had it, which made him wonder if he was gonna be stronger then his old man, though, he also wondered if he would suffer the same fate as Nicholas?

Back at the tent, Jaune quickly entered to make sure Vernal was still ok, however, when he did enter, he saw that Vernal was awake and she was up, turning to him as he walked in, and he noticed that she was looking over him as if making sure he was unscathed.

Jaune realized that she might be a little confused, and looked at her with a sad expression. "Vernal... I-"

Vernal put her hand up to stop him, "I already know... I heard from the others," Vernal said, lying.

Jaune put his head down in shame, his hand rubbed the back of his neck, and he couldn't meet her eyes. "Still I-I'm sorry..." Jaune began, "Because of me-"

"Don't blame yourself," Vernal said.

Jaune was a bit surprised, he thought she was going to scream at him, but he looked at her and saw her heartbreaking expression.

"It wasn't your fault..." Vernal began, "It was Raven's," Vernal said, her tone slowly breaking.

Jaune saw that she was becoming more upset and moved closer to her, "You... you don't have to come with," Jaune said sadly, "I-I know that this is your home and I don't want to force you, but I don't want you to just be something that Raven considers disposable, which is why I still need to ask..." Jaune began as he looked back down to the floor.

Vernal looked at him, still with that unhappy expression on her face, as she watched Jaune take in a few deep breaths, ready to ask her the question she knew was coming.

Jaune looked back at her again, his face also graced with a gloomy expression. "Do you wanna come with me...?" Jaune asked.

His answer came in the form of a bag flying at him and Jaune quickly caught it. He looked at it and saw that it was his own backpack, and he then looked over to Vernal to see her swing over a backpack of her own.

"I'm heading you with Arc," Vernal said, "Because your right, I can't stay here, not after what she did... so I'm coming with you,"

Jaune heard her tone, and it sounded broken, and he stepped forward. "Vernal-" Jaune began, his tone also sounding broken.

"Besides, if I'm not with you, who's gonna be watching your back?" Vernal said with a smile, her tone now changing to more of a playful one. "So what do ya say partner? We going or what?" she asked, still smiling.

Jaune knew that she was trying to be strong, he knew that her heart buts have been torn up about all of this, but he would be strong too, he needed to be strong not for himself but for her. So he smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, let's go... partner,"

And with that, the two made sure they had everything, they made their way out of the camp, and Jaune looked over to Vernal to see how she was doing, but he saw a few tears fall from her face, but she never looked back.

Jaune pretended not to see her tears, turned back to looking forward, and they continued walking away, eventually finally leaving the camp and the tribe, behind them. Overhead of the two, there were two black hawks flying in the sky.

More strife awaits Jaune and Vernal on the path forward, for it is a path full of struggle... but that is the life of the Huntsmen.

PART 1 - BRANWEN ACT END.

XXX

XXX

XXX

If you are wondering what the Beowulf sounds like, he sounds like dubbed Ryuk from death note, but he laughs like Alexander Anderson from the sub of Hellsing Ultimate.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

83.8K 2K 16
Jaune Arc, a man that was sent to the 4 Kingdoms to hide from his Father. Just like with the rest of his Siblings, due to War caused by their Father...
4.7K 96 9
Jaune used to be a huntsman in training until his transcripts were revealed everyone turn on him except for ruby, blake, nora, ren, and team cvfy he...
52.2K 1.1K 12
After having his transcripts revealed at Beacon, Jaune Arc is shunned and bullied by everyone except Ruby, Yang, Nora, Ren, Pyrrha, Blake, Goodwitch...
54.2K 1.1K 14
The second semester at Beacon begins and Y/n's past has already begun to catch up with him, will his secrets disrupt his school life or will he come...