Humsafar

由 grimorgray

Random musings on what should and what could've happened in humsafar. I wrote a couple of oneshots since HS a... 更多

Hamesha
Far Along
What could have been
Night Calls
Kal Ho Na Ho
Heal
Qurbatein

Home

801 21 10
由 grimorgray

Home is where the heart is and he was finally visiting his heart after a tiring wait of four months and fifteen days. Hyderabad- the city which was not only his birthplace but meant everything to him, if cities were to be your soulmate then this was his. Dada Dadi never left Hyderabad even after his daddy managed to build a huge business empire in Karachi, it was either because of the sentimental values they had with their ancestral home or because their widow daughter and granddaughter lived there alone and unprotected; he never understood.

He envied Khirad for being Dada Dadi's favorite grandchild, for having the biggest share of their love and affection something he was always deprived of. But they weren't wrong, anyone would shower all the love they had on Khirad Ihsan even if they were left with few of it, as he did. He still remembered visiting Hyderabad after seven years, seeing his eighteen year old cousin who had grown into this beautiful girl he fell for at first sight.

The grudge he had against her for being his grandparents' favorite sublimed in a whoosh. That one week he spent in Hyderabad for a wedding was enough to lay foundation of his first love that intensified over the years. Till this date Khirad would take a jibe at him for explaining all math questions wrong she asked him to do for her because mister was explicitly lost in her. Khirad too, who was in ninth grade then developed a huge crush that transformed into an irrevocable love on her broody yet handsome cousin whom all girls in family had eyes for. Since then Ashar would always find excuses to visit Hyderabad, Fareeda never understood when did he develop this love and attachment for his phupho. It never bothered him how small and smothering their house was, he'd happily sleep anywhere because as long as he was around her nothing mattered.

He'd always tell Khirad, 'this house smells of you,' and she'd shrug off that remark knowing he only said these things out of love otherwise this apartment and this place, both weren't of his status but little did she know how wrong this judgment was. Despite of Ashar's countless efforts, seeds of insecurities continued to replenish in khirad's heart yet he never abstained from assuring her and phupho of his unconditional love which had no bounds.

Talking of bounds, scarcity of rain in Sindh had no bounds either hence on his drive to Hyderabad the drizzling gave him a relief that Khirad's mood might have taken a 360 degree turn and she'll forgive him under the effect of weather. Her narazgi did pull him to Hyderabad sooner than he had planned and without any plan he was counting on the weather to favor his romance. Long distance relationships aren't easy to begin with, he thought especially when two insecure complex souls are entwined in it.

Maimoona spread her arms embracing her loving nephew heartedly, he had a relief at least she loved him more than Khirad. Like always she busied herself in stuffing him with fruits and snacks whereas his eyes were glued to the ticking of clock waiting for her arrival from college. And there she was after a wait of four hours in her college uniform, wearing kohl in her eyes adorned with a dupatta loosely worn on her head. 'Ammi neechay kis jahil ne gaadi park ki hai.' She said annoyingly without looking at the unexpected guest licking the mango seed. He knew she was acting indifferent; it wasn't possible for her to not recognize his car. 'Wohi Jahil jo bin bulaye tumhare srr pe aa baitha hai.' He uttered cheekily noticing she wasn't wearing the bracelet he gifted her last year. The usual Khirad Ihsan stunt, 'Yeh larki pagal hai bilkul.' He wondered

'Khirad...sharam kr lo, mehmaan hai.' Maimoona glared at her daughter apologizing for the rudeness.

'Hrr do mah baad mu utha kr anay walay mehmaan nhi hotay ammi.' She was in no mood to spare him this time; he knew it was her four month bottled anger waiting to be smashed. 'Wa Alaikum Assalam! Kesi ho?' He licks the mango seed one last time suggestively, making her uncomfortable with the mirth in his eyes.

Maimoona shook her head in dismay, this circus wasn't new for her at all. Immediately she ordered Khirad to make tea who whinedin return 'Ammi I just came back from college.' But her plea was dejected and unwillingly she directed to the kitchen stamping her feet.

'Ab tk naraz ho?' He entered the kitchen cautiously fearing she might throw one of the pans at him. Surprisingly she gave him a brief yet peeved look, carefully putting the right amount of tea leaves knowing how particular he was about it. She hated herself for being considerate

'Kitnay chamach cheeni.' He noticed the way she pursed her lips, he always had a kink for it. Shooing away the haram thoughts he replied sternly, 'Chaar.' She looked at his gleaming face that was invoking her for a reaction. What does he think of himself? She knew he despised sugar in his tea and coffee but if he wants her to acknowledge that she won't. 'Jayen yahan se verna zehr mila kr de doon gi.' He almost thought she'll burn him with the spatula not that she was physical with him before but this time he didn't dare to take any risk; there's always a first time after all.

'aap ke haath se zehar bh zamzam lgega hamein to.' The wink was enough to turn that moment in a cringe fest. Khirad choked in disgust this time actually willing to hit him with the spatula. 'Yale se MBA to kr kay aa gaye lekin chichorpan na gya.' He smiled reducing the space between them, holding the pan and strainer in his own hand but still not letting go of hers. He didn't allow her to protest and whispered while pouring the tea, 'You won't be allowed to set foot in kitchen after our marriage.'

She looks at him puzzled and breathless, her five senses weren't used to this proximity often. 'Lekin chai coffee phr bh tumhari haath ki piyoon ga.'

He clicked his tongue playfully moving away leaving an exasperated Khirad stand in bewilderment. 'I won't be available but Sara would be there with her expertise for sure.' She heard him utter 'ouch' playfully but left in a hurry not willing to share the same air with him.

He always made her vulnerable and that was something he knew more than her. Colors of jealousy weren't new in their relationship, Ashar had shown his world famous temper when her paternal cousin Muzamil pestered Maimuna for Khirad's hand. He knew almost every other paternal cousin of hers had his eyes on her and the property Dada Dadi left in her name. Once he almost had a fight with Muzamil and his father.

His over protectiveness for Khirad did raise questions but he was too unbothered for that. Anyhow Khirad wasn't behind in jealousy department either. Not extreme but she never took few things lightly especially ever since Sara proposed Ashar and mumani was interested in getting them married, she created a havoc on phone.

He shuddered thinking about that night when she called him giving an ultimatum that if he didn't finish this Sara chapter she'll instantly marry Muzamil. Khirad wasn't the girl who usually threatened but this one was to be taken seriously hence he had to take an action soon but unfortunately Sara's actions didn't halt and Khirad's anger continued to reach heights of Burj Khalifa.

She began to work hard to woo him somehow and this riled Khirad to no limits. Four months back when she called Ashar around 5 in the morning and found Sara on the line; it was enough for her to almost call off their relationship. Since then she'd been ignoring his calls and blocked his number when she was informed that Sara accompanied Ashar on his recent business trip too.

❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹

Friday as usual proved to be the hottest day of the week and sun seemed to have shifted in Hyderabad . Khirad wiped the sweat from her neck waiting for the bus in front of college gate. But to her dismay instead of a bus a familiar car screeches right in front of her. 'Chalen Madam.' Even If she wasn't mad at him she would've never agreed to sit with him in the car from college gate at least.

From the guard to the girls, everyone kept on eyeing her suspiciously, some were rather envying her and she hated it. 'Scene create mtt kro, phupho ne bheja hai baitho chup chaap.'

She sat in the car closing the door with immense force. 'Araam se madam , ap ke honay walay shohar ke khoon pasinay ki kamai se ai hai gaari.'

Khirad ignored his comment and looked at him fuming. 'You shouldn't have picked me up from college. This isn't right.'
'It was hot.' he reasoned logically

'Not for the first time Ashar and now I have to answer billion questions of those girls standing there. This is wrong.'

'Going by your definition of right and wrong I think our relationship is wrong too, no?'

'I've started to believe it is.' Khirad didn't realize what did she utter unintentionally out of extreme anger. Ashar pulled the breaks of the car and she jerked badly.

He was fuming and in that moment she wished she had not spoken a single word so far. 'Get out.' He stated gritting his teeth.

'Kya.' she asked to confirm if she was dreaming

'Urdu mein boloon? Gaari se niklo aur ab bus mein ana.'

'Ashar stop overreacting, tamasha kr rahay hain aap,'

'Get –out-of-the-car. Verna khud nikal kr tamasha krun ga sarak pr. Galat hai na ye sb to niklo phr.'

She could not believe he was dead serious about this, but knowing him well she knew this time he wasn't going to stop her. She did know Ashar Hussain to that extent so far. And Khirad was right, he didn't stop her from leaving. In fact he ran the car immediately without even ensuring she safely reached the bus stop. Few things did not go well with him that was something she had realized. 'Shaadi ke baad bh aese gussa karen ge mujh pr? Tb to shayad ghr se hi nikal den.'

She was in the kitchen making dinner and he was talking to Maimuna in his usual manner. They had not interacted since the incident. Khirad refused to accept her mistake and so did he.

According to her, her reasoning was justified. Even If they were engaged she wouldn't have sat in the car with him from her college gate. Though she had gone with him to restaurants and cinemas alone but in her justification that was her stupidity in Love.

At this stage she didn't want their relationship to be town's talk, not at least until they got engaged. Khirad was stupid with this silly reasoning Ashar believed but what angered him most were her statements she made ignorantly. It got on his nerves how lightly she took it at times, for her ending it was not a big deal.

He understood she has trust issues but it crushed his heart when she talked about ending it. He knew he'd die without her, things were different few years back but now their relationship and his feelings had gone too far if not hers. He entered the kitchen taking an apple out of the fridge and eyed her coldly.

'Shaadi ke baad aese gussa kr ke ghr se nahi nikaloon ga kbhie lekin haan tum apni inn baton se baaz na ai to mere dil se nikal jaogi zroor.'

She feared when he could read her so well, it made her apprehensive sometimes. When people know you so well it complicates situations. That was what she thought at least. Her stupid thoughts were stupid like her according to Ashar but Khirad would always justify it with, 'You have not gone through those tough times. I never had it easy at my grandparents' place, dynamics of relationships scare me.'

He was heartbroken and she feared instantly. 'Do you still love me?' She asked curiously. 'How can I not?' He shrugged and left leaving behind a bemused Khirad Ihsan whose dinner was almost burnt.

❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹

It was burning despite of the cooler which was placed right above his head, now he regretted not sleeping on the roof but that meant serving himself as a dinner for mosquitoes up there.

Khirad was right at times, he could never adapt her lifestyle. The ones born with silver spoon in their mouth could never blend in the heat of narrow walls. Unable to resist the heat he musters the courage to go to the roof not because he was afraid of dark but the girl who was sleeping there. Khirad's temper was still on the seventh sky and at this time his presence around her might result in his murder. She was sleeping soundly on the charpaai, he spotted a mosquito on her forehead and sighed in despair.

He never admitted to her but he so wanted to take her away from this place. He did love it here but at times he did gave up in front of phupho's extreme conditions.

He didn't hate it here but she deserved a better lifestyle, at least one without heat and mosquitoes and with him. Unfortunately moon wasn't shining on her face like a typical bollywood scene otherwise it could've been a romantic night for him. 'How will I deal with your anger after shaadi?'

He whispered resting his chin on the side looking at her face lovingly.

'Then don't do it.' He opened his eyes in amazement.

'Stop staring and leave.' Khirad uttered emotionlessly changing her side but he stops her. 'Chorhne  ke liye nahi aya.'

She didn't realize staring him in eyes closely observing that sincerity they held, she could decipher the love he always assured her about. 'Ghooro mtt nazar lg jayegi mujhay.'

This time she blushed forreal and in that moment he knew the anger was gone. Maafi mil jayegi.

'Safai pesh karein phr.' Khirad was still lying and he was now holding her hand, 'I Love You.' He kissed her knuckle stressing on 'you.'
Lying beside her looking at the sky trying to find a star he whispers in her ear resting his right arm on her abdomen, 'Allah made sure to not make this night romantic, na chaand hai na

'Machar to hain naa.' She giggled hysterically taking out a shining bracelet beneath her pillow. 'You knew I'll be here at night didn't you?'

'I knew my future husband won't be able to resist the heat. Hazaar dfa ammi ne bola tha chatt pe so jayen. It's better here.'

'What about you then? Honay wali biwi ka khayal rakhna padta hai.' He winked shamelessly taking the bracelet from her hand and putting it back on her wrist. 'don't ever take it off, acha nhi lgta mujhay'

'Don't ever let Sara or anyone else come between us, mujhay bh acha nhi lgta.' Her tone was stern, he nodded his head and pecking her forehead delicately assuring her of the promise in that moment without saying anything.

They continued to lay on the charpaai staring at the sky talking about things, flirting and giggling for rest of the night. Strangely Ashar Hussain was unbothered by the mosquitoes this time. Khirad left his side hearing the azaan spreading her dupatta on him whispering an inaudible 'I love you too.'
❤️‍🩹

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

965 3 32
This is a collection of my one shot fan-fic's and story's/scenarios. Some of this is just whatever I felt like writing it's random .... Some of these...
137K 1.7K 41
I absolutely love reading these so I thought I would write some myself. Requests are welcome.
32K 532 40
I will post here some random Wilmon Oneshots. So have fun with reading
246 23 22
❝i promise you, darling.❞ - a collection of all of the honsim prompts i have made. all prompts may have been poorly written by myself. all the collec...