Out of Place [Cobra Kai OC x...

Von IsaIsNervous

Life hasn't been easy for Parker Reyes since the deaths of her mother and brothers, but tae kwon do had alway... Mehr

1- Will You Teach Me?
2- Firsts
3- You're in this Together Whether You Like it or Not
4- In Through the Window
5- I've Got it All Under Control
6- The Girl in the Dragon Gi
7- Aftermath
8- Call it a Dance
9- Girl's Night
10- All in a Day's Work
11- Run Away With Me
12- Awkward Encounter
13- Healing Wounds
14- Skatepark
15- Happy Birthday
16- Happy Birthday...
17- Balance and Anger
18- What Are You Doing Here?
19- Valley Fest
20- Beach Club
21- Patience is a Virtue
22- Walk on the Beach
23- Reyes vs. Diaz: the Rematch
24- Home Late
25- Hanging Out
26- What Happened in the Past
27- Let's Dance
28- A Bitter Truth
29- Disgraced
30- We're Gonna Fix This
31- Can't Catch a Break
32- Almost
33- Things are Getting Better
34- Winding Down
35- Blindfolded
36- Going In Alone
37- Silence
38- Winners
39- Two Truths and a Lie
40- Skating Rink
41- Reconciliation
42- Party Time
43- Awkward Ride
44- The (Kind of) Calm Before the Storm
45- The Storm
46- What Just Happened?
47- Nightmares
48- New Normal
49- First Day Back Round Two
50- Numb
51- Everything But the Kitchen Sink
52- Wash Away Your Troubles
53- Step Up
54- A Letter From Her Majesty
55- Don't Worry About Me
56- Caught
57- Fight Back
58- Voicemail
59- The Sound of Your Voice
60- Checkmate
61- That Moment
62- Love, Park
63- Roses and Thorns
64- We're Back
65- It's Always Been You
66- Keene About You
67 - You're Mine
68- Where Were You?
70- Meet Me at the Skatepark
71- Feliz Navidad
72 - A New Era
73 - Opposing Viewpoints
74 - I Heard What They Said
75 - Sealed in Permanent Ink
76 - Could You Pass the Discomfort, Please?
77 - Just Too Much
78 - Leap of Faith
79 - A Falta de Pan, Galleta
80 - Strange Shift
81 - Drive-In
82- Driver's License
83 - One Thing After Another
84 - Always Another Angle
85 - Feliz Cumpleaños
86 - Pick a Side
87 - Small World
88 - While I'm Gone
89 - Sibling Bonding Time
90 - All at Once
91 - Off Balance
92 - Va Bene
93 - Check
94 - The King y La Reina
95 - Pawn
96 - New Game
97 - I Love You
98 - Mija
99 - Déjà Vu
100 - Eso No es Amor
101 - This Taught Me Love
102 - This Taught Me Patience
103 - This Taught Me Pain
104 - Stuck in the Middle
105 - Silver vs. Gold
106 - Familia
107 - What's Your Move?
108 - And It Was All Va Bene
109 - Find the Balance
110 - Radici Forti
111 - Star Student
112 - Denouncing
113 - Adapt
114 - Don't Have the Luxury
115 - The Queen's Gambit
116 - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
117 - Deserving
118 - No Mercy
119 - Scacco Matto

69- Día del Dolor

940 24 2
Von IsaIsNervous

A/N- the title means "day of pain" in Spanish. This is the house fight, so prepare yourselves for that, alright? :)

This plan is crazy. I don't particularly like it. But it has to work. It has to.

From the tournament arena, I went to the LaRusso's house to work some details out with Sam and make sure that we were on the same page about what we were gonna do. The rest of Miyagi-Do joined us about a half hour later. After a little while, I slipped away, drove back to my apartment complex to pick up Miguel, and now we're back at the LaRusso's house in the driveway. Another car pulls up next to mine and a group of former Cobra Kais- apparently they're now called Eagle Fang? I lovingly told Miguel it was strange. Even he agreed- get out. They wear smiles as they see Miguel, but said smiles are quickly wiped off of their faces as their eyes fall on me.

"What is this?" one of them asks, gesturing to me with a disgust on his face and in his voice. Rude. Ay Dios mío, this might end up being a lot harder than we thought...

"Don't talk about her like that, dude," Miguel defends, keeping his voice low and serious, sincere, but I catch it. He then turns to address the group of them.

"You all know Parker Reyes, right?"

I know them all plenty well. I steal a glance at the one that first asked what was going on. I'm not sure what his name is, but I do know that we fought at the mall fight, the fight after the car wash, and the fight at the laser tag arena.

"That's one way to put it," the guy I was referring to mutters. If we weren't trying to team up, I would think about fighting him.

"Dude," Miguel says back with a pointed tone that almost sounds borrowed from his mother. I almost smile at it.

"She's beat us up more than once," the guy says, "we've met."

"You say 'beat us up' like I'm the one who started the fights," I respond, finally speaking up.

"You guys started the fight at the arcade,"

"I showed up late to protect my friends. I don't start fights," I say, "I just finish them."

It's mostly true. I try not to start shit if I can avoid it, but if someone is hurting somebody that I care about, then I'll end the fight. The only time I started something physical was when I kicked Kyler in the face, but he had been pushing Eli and I around a little and saying really awful stuff about both of us, and it got to a point where I wasn't having it. In the mall fight, they made the first move. At the car wash, they hurt Nathaniel first. At the arcade, I showed up mid-fight when they were already clearly beating up on my friends.

"Parker will do anything for her friends. She was there for me the entire time I was recovering. Nobody else besides my family and Sensei were there for me like she was. She's on our side," Miguel says, smiling over at me. I guess I am. I have to be. Because if all goes according to plan, we'll all be on the same side. Surprisingly, they all nod, and one even smiles at me. I return the nod, then we all head for the door. My heart pounds, and it takes everything in my power to keep my breathing steady and also hide the limp in my left leg. Despite my efforts, Miguel still looks over at me, seeming concerned. Ay de mí...

"What's wrong? Did something happen at your tournament?" he asks, voice low to keep the conversation between he two of us. My heart pangs as I remember the reason why I suffered the injury.

"I'll go more in depth about later if you want, but long story short, I got distracted in the final match and took a hit to the thigh, and it hurts to walk now," I say, also keeping my voice low. His concerned look increases.

"Did you lose?" he asks, sounding just as disappointed as I would've felt had I actually lost because of the... distraction. I shake my head no.

"He got a point deducted because he punched me in the face, then I got him with a jump round kick to win the match," I say. His expression melts into a grin as he throws an arm around me in a side hug, laughing.

"I should've never doubted La Reina," he says, "I'll tell my mom and Yaya after this. They'll be so proud. Maybe my mom could make you a tres leches cake. She already feels bad for you because of your abuelo, I'm sure she'd be happy to."

"You don't have to do that. I know your mom has plenty on her plate as is, and she's already checking up on me every morning. Don't you dare do what you did last time and ask her to do something nice for me even though I told you not to," I say. He's really sweet for offering though, and Ms Diaz is even sweeter for actually doing it, but I don't want to make them do anything for me. They of course have their own struggles and day to day tasks, and I don't want to add to that- not anymore than I already am.

"I make no promises,"

"Juro por Dios, Mig, I will kick your ass,"

"You would never,"

"I'm not gonna insult you because I'm putting half my weight on you- please don't drop me, it's been such a long day, but you're lucky that you're right," I return. If he's gonna half hug me, he's gonna have to deal with it when I use him as a crutch for a few seconds.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" he asks as we walk up to the door. I take a moment to take a deep breath, shifting my weight back off of him.

"Yeah. It's gonna be okay... it's gonna be great," I say, mainly trying to convince myself. Call it manifestation, call it wishful thinking. Whatever it is, I just need it to be true. Miguel gives me a nod and one slight squeeze, then lets me go. We exchange one final look, a nod, then he rings the doorbell. My heart won't stop pounding. It's gonna be okay... it's gonna be okay.

Sam appears in the doorway a few seconds later, revealing the Eagle Fangs to the rest of Miyagi-Do. The later leap to their feet.

"What the hell? Have you been working with them this whole time?! Who are you, Benedict Arnold?!" Demetri asks, shooting an angry and almost hurt look in my direction. My heart pangs with an emotion I can't quite place. I'm so tired of people accusing me of shit and getting angry at me without gathering any context beforehand.

"Ay caramba, Demi Lovato, I just drove Miguel here, cálmate (calm down)," I reply. The anger in his face dissipates.

"What does that mean?"

"Calm your tits,"

Demetri looks over to Miguel for clarification.

"It means 'calm down', and she's right," Miguel says, "we have a lot to talk about."

——

"We're all in agreement that our new combined dojo should train at Miyagi-Do," Demetri says, "but deadlocked on a new name, gi design, post-training snacks, and sensei dispute resolution protocol," he continues, "okay, not good, but still, it's a start."

"There are many steps in a mile, but every one counts," I agree. Miguel nods at what I say, as does Sam.

Out of nowhere, a faint meowing fills my ears. Seems like everybody else heard it too. That's... weird... Sam definitely didn't have a cat when I was staying here over the summer, they didn't have one the last time I was over, which was not that long ago, and she would've told me if she had gotten one... Mr or Mrs LaRusso also probably would've mentioned it at practice or at the dealership... maybe it's a stray..?

"Aw, I think your cat wants to come in," a younger looking boy says, "here, kitty kitty."

"I didn't you had a cat," Miguel says as the kid stands up to let the cat that they one hundred percent don't have in.

"We don't," Sam responds. I knew I wasn't crazy. Miguel looks just as confused as I feel.

Then, not two seconds later, something comes crashing through the kitchen window. ¡Dios mío! It's the kid! I rush to his side, lifting him out of the glass. I know how bad glass wounds can be. The jagged shards cut into my hands but I don't care. Whatever's going on, it can wait.

"Bert what happened?!" Miguel exclaims. So that's his name.

"No cat," he responds as I get him safely to his feet and back over with the others. Five people then walk through the door. Hawk... and that's... that's Kyler...

"It's payback time, Rhea," Kyler says as the Cobras start backing us up. He glances over at me, and just for a second I can tell he remembers what I did to him too.

"Let's go."

The front door flies open, causing us all to whip around. Tory and two other guys walk in. My heart pangs, then beats even harder than it already was. I can feel the pulse in the cuts on my hands. I quickly try to get as much glass out of the wounds as I can before pressing each hand firmly on the opposite forearm to try and stem the blood flow. I can't help but remember the cuts that were once on my arms from the glass of my window when I ran away from my dad... now they're but faded scars... but the memory is still as fresh as the ones on my hands. Tory and the two guys walk closer to us, trapping us between both them and the five Cobras behind us.

"Heard you were throwing a party," Tory says, "hope you don't mind if we crash."

"Tory, you don't have to do this," Miguel says, trying one last time to save us from what we all know is about to happen. Ay Dios mío... I shift my weight to try and find the optimal fighting position. There we go... back stance, left leg in front so that the majority of my weight is on my right leg. I'm gonna hold my hands here for as long as I possibly can before I have to put them up in a guard. There are only about two cuts on each hand, but still... they hurt like hell.

"It's too late. This ends tonight," Tory says, "no mercy!"

And that's when all hell breaks loose.

I take my hands off my arms, balling them into tight fists, even though it hurts. I've been fighting all my life. What's one more? One of the guys I don't know the name of charges straight at me, so I side step, using a round kick as I go, which collides with his stomach. He tries to grab at my foot, but even with the bruise, I manage to get it away before he can do anything. I call upon tried and true techniques, ones that I do almost every day in tae kwon do. Double round kick, back fist, reverse punch, then a hard side kick to get him away from me.

Everything starts becoming a blur as adrenaline begins to take over, running through my veins, giving the illusion of no pain. As soon as I manage to get one of my friends or one of the Eagle Fangs out of a sticky situation, the Cobra is on me and they don't hold back. The fight comes at me- and everyone else, really- from all sides. It's not like a sparring match where it's just you and your opponent, no... this is a real fight. Points don't get deducted when someone hits you in the face. There's no referee. Every hit is legal, no matter how hard, no matter where it is.

I remember what Mr LaRusso taught me over the summer with the blindfold, about being aware of your surrounding and relying on things other than just sight. I remember what he taught me on the balance board, about working in harmony with your partners and those on your side. I remember what he taught me on the tree... about balance.

I hear a noise behind me, with a glance to make sure it's not one of my allies, I back kick, pushing them towards Demetri, who punches them in the face and engages with them, leaving me to look around quickly. Miguel... I start making my way over to him as quickly as possible, kneeing and delivering elbow strikes to any Cobra I happen to encounter on the way. I grab Kyler's arm, pulling him away from Miguel. The act makes my hands burn and also gets blood on his jacket, but I couldn't care less about the later. He sneers when he realizes who I am.

"Parker Reyes... once a loser, always a loser," he says, "right?"

"Maybe Miguel beat the memory out of you when he kicked your ass in the cafeteria, but I remember you crying like baby when this loser kicked you in the face," I say in return. He scowls, throwing a side kick at me. I toss it off to the side, putting myself between him and Miguel. He goes high, so I go low, getting in close, punching and using knee strikes. This isn't my fighting style... the way I like to fight is with the distance in my hands... long legs means long range, and on top of that, I like to dart around my opponents, almost like a hummingbird. But right here, right now, in this moment, the fight is about keeping something between Kyler and Miguel.

Despite our close proximity, I manage to get my leg up in a side kick chamber and get him away from me. It's something we practice fairly often at tae kwon do, especially after I revealed just how many fights I've been in where making sure you can get your leg up for a kick and regain control of the distance has been useful. Apparently, it was a mistake though, because he comes running back at me, moving in even closer than before, almost as if we're wrestling.

"Kreese told us all about you," he says in my ear, "'get in close. Don't let her use her legs'."

Without warning, he forces me to the ground, kicking me hard in the ribs before dropping down onto my stomach, trying to land a punch wherever he can. Ay caramba, why would he ever tell me what his plan is to beat me? And of all the positions to put himself in, this is the one he chose. If I wasn't incredibly focused right now, I would grin like I was crazy. I don't waste time trying to buck him off. I go straight for the collar, ignoring the harsh stinging in my hands, and bring him down so that his hands are on the floor just past my head. The next step is to bring his arm to my waist, trap his leg, and roll both of us over so that I'm the one on top. I drive my elbow into his stomach, then walk my hands down his waist and stand up, returning his kick to the ribs.

Miguel rushes to my side, steadying me out. A small smile is present on his lips.

"Thanks. I knew he was screwed when he got on top of you the way I did in our rematch," he says. I laugh lightly. I thought of that too.

"De nada, Mig," I say, "you got this?"

"Yeah," he nods, "I can do this."

"I know you can," I say, and with that, I slip away before Kyler can continue beating up on me to help out Nathaniel.

"Thanks for saving my ass again, Parker," he says. I guess he's right. This isn't the first time I've come to his aid in a fight.

"Any time, man," I say, smiling. It's not but three seconds later before my smile fades once more. Tory is going after Sam... I have to help... Sam is too scared... she can't be thinking straight...

"Stay safe, chiquito," I say with one last small smile before running- or half running, half limping- off to help Sam. 'Chiquito' is a nickname my dad's side of the family uses for the younger members of the family. It means 'small'. I think it's fitting.

Time seems to move slow as I move to jump between Tory and Sam, and it's almost as if my brain can't decide whether I'm in this moment or back at the fight at the school, with her spiked bracelet coming down on me. Her hand comes out towards me, still registering slow to my brain.

Just like when my dad hit me across the face...

Just like when we were in this position in the school fight...

Just like when the boy at the laser tag arena hit me in the temple...

Each one of those times, I froze... it was like my body didn't choose fight or flight... it chose freeze... not now. Not this time, no. This time...

I don't freeze.

I block her arm, using all of my strength to front kick her as hard as I can, sending her flying backwards.

"Go!" I call to Sam.

"But-"

"Ay caramba, Sam! Go!"

With wide eyes, she nods, and obeys, turning and running. Good. Ideally, she'll run and get help from a neighbor or something, but if she's not thinking straight, she might go somewhere else. I know I don't always think straight in situations like this.

Tory comes at me, trying to get past me so she can follow after Sam, but I stay in front of her. She throws a barrage of hand techniques, all of which I block with relative ease. Some part of her is holding back... I know this isn't all she can do...

"Don't make me fight you, Parker," she says through her teeth after I round kick her in the stomach. My heart twinges with an unknown feeling. Anger maybe. Hurt.

"You already are," I respond.

"You know I don't want to,"

"You held a damn knife to my neck. Hurting my friends hurts me, don't you get it?! Every time you say you don't want to hurt me, I still get hurt," I say, tears finally starting to prick at my eyes and build up in my throat. And to my great surprise... her eyes glisten with tears too...

"You care too fucking much! If you didn't, you never would've given me a chance. Or Miguel. Or Robby... that's why you keep getting hurt! You can't just let go! Why won't you stop fighting?!" she exclaims back, shoving me back into a wall.

Robby... ay de mí, I just want to be in his arms again, like the night before last when I felt safe in his arms... that's why I keep fighting. To keep people like him safe. To keep people like him. If I hadn't fought to keep him as a friend, we wouldn't be... I wouldn't be... he wouldn't be... my- we wouldn't be together. I couldn't save my mom. I couldn't save my brothers. I couldn't save my dad from addiction. I couldn't save Miguel from falling over the railing... but I can do everything I can to protect my friends now... it's kind of like what I was telling Robby the other night... I could stop fighting. I could just decide that I'm done getting hurt, done with all the battles. But I won't stop. And that's where the difference lies. I watched so many people I've cared about die in my nightmare. I won't let it become reality. Not to those I can save.

We're okay. We're all gonna be okay. You know why?

Because we have you. You always have our backs, no matter what...

"Answer me, bitch!" she exclaims, kicking at me. I narrowly manage to avoid it. A single tear slips out of my eye, against my every attempt to avoid it from doing so. My dad said the same when he attacked me... I swallow down my tears and fear, looking her dead in the eye.

"I don't owe you any explanation after what you've done to me and what you've done to my friends," I say, voice steely. A look of shock, hurt, and anger passes over her face before settling back on rage. She runs at me, tripping my leg before kicking me backwards, sending me skidding across the floor and to the feet of a Cobra Kai boy.

Tory steals one last look at me before going off in the direction that Sam went. I try to follow, but by the time I get to my feet, the boy has a firm grip on me. As soon as I get away from him, I'm met with another. Alright, let's do this.

I've fought two people like this before. Things hurt, but I manage to keep them focused on me rather than anyone else, recalling what Kyler said about what Kreese told them. Whether close or distanced, I keep the distance on my terms. My breathing is heavy, which makes my chest ache. I'm soaked with sweat and my arms are covered in blood. I'm a mess. My leg aches more and more with every step and every kick, but I don't stop. I can't stop. Another Cobra twists himself into the fray, hitting me in the back. I wince. Two, I could handle, but three? We'll just have to see, won't we?

I block their various techniques using my arms so they don't hit my solar plexus or ribs. I use a split kick to knock two back, jumping off my good leg to dart around so I can front kick the other one, forcing them into line. This is also something I learned in tae kwon do. When you get them in a line, they're easier to deal with. I use a flying sidekick to get more power to push the front guy back into the other two, sending them stumbling back like bowling pins. But when I land, I immediately get punched, and hard. Por el amor de- there's four now..?!

I grit my teeth, spin heel kicking him in the face, facing the other three once more as I land. Back fist, reverse punch, knee to one. Back kick, reverse punch, jab, front kick to another. Double round kick, spin heel, pump side kick to yet another. Before I can do anything to the fourth or turn back to the others, one of them has a hold of my wrist, holding it tightly while the others all try to hit me. Oh Dios... Por Dios... I try to side kick one of them, but it's my bad leg, and I just don't have enough strength left to get it away fast enough. He grabs my foot, taking a firm hold of it. Shit... as if it couldn't get any worse, he slowly starts twisting my foot, putting more and more stress on my ankle. Shit! I try to pull my leg away, but he just twists harder. I bite my lip so hard it begins to bleed. The metallic taste of blood creates a foul taste in my mouth, but it's the least of my worries at the moment. I need to get my foot back before he breaks either my foot or my ankle, or pushes forward to jam my knee... think, Reyes... you're smart, you strategize, you think through equations all the time, come on! What about this situation can I use to my advantage..? The blood in my mouth is incredibly distracting... wait..

I open my hand, dripping blood all over the guy holding my arm's shirt. He lets go on instinct and probably disgust as well. Yes! I get my leg away from the other boy, but it's too late. He's definitely sprained or strained something, and even if he hasn't, it still hurts like the devil. I rely more on hand techniques to keep them back, but one throws a kick, so I bring my knee up to my elbow, ducking behind the sort of shield. By the time I realize what I've done, it's too late. His foot collides with the bruise already on my leg. A wave of pain ripples throughout my entire body. For the most part, I've been gritting my teeth and keeping quiet, but this time, a cry of genuine pain escapes my lips, tears choking up my throat directly after.

They close in, kicking and punching and doing anything they can to strike. I can't. I can't do it. I can't fight four guys. Not right now. Not like this. I protect vital targets with my arms, instinctively shielding my face, but there's nothing else I can do. If I open up, at least one of them will land a hit. Tears pour out of my eyes, growing worse with every hit. Most of them are to my back, arms, and sides, with a few landing to my stomach, almost making me want to throw up. My main focus is protecting my face and staying on my feet. If they manage to get me to the ground... then it might as well be game over. There's no way I'd be able to get back up. This is hell... this is absolute hell... this is the opposite of where I want to be... hurt... a crying mess... helpless...

Just as I'm about to collapse to the ground, the hits become less and less frequent as a fifth figure moves around the Cobras and myself. When a solid four seconds pass without a single hit, I look up in confusion. ¿Qué? ¿Quién? (What? Who?).

Hawk...

I immediately straighten out to the best of my abilities, putting up my guard once more.

"I'm not gonna hurt you! I'm not gonna hurt you," he says, putting his hands out in the sort of 'I mean no harm' position. The four guys who were beating up on me are now on the floor, but I know they'll get up soon. I don't believe him... that's exactly what someone who would still hurt me would say to trick me... I shake my head, backing away from him.

"Parker please, I'm telling you the truth," he pleads. I don't believe him... I can't believe him... the second I let my guard down, he's gonna hurt me... I wipe away as many tears as I can, and put on a stone cold expression. I won't strike first. But I'm ready to defend myself the second he does. Hawk kicks down one of the guys who was beating me up as they try to get to their feet before turning back to me.

"It's gonna be okay... I know it's really awful now, but you'll make it through. You always do, right? I'll be here as long as you need..." he says, making my heart stop. Those are the words I always said to him when he was having panic attacks or crying fits... he remembers... after all this time, he remembers. I don't drop my hands, but my expression softens and I let him get closer to me.

"I'm sorry," he says, "for everything I've done to you... I swear I'll give you a better apology at a better time, but I really am sorry."

My heart drums in my ears, and I can feel the pulse in every aching part of my body, which is practically all of it- except maybe my right leg, thank goodness for that. After everything that's happened... I can't bring myself to trust him. I can't bring myself to accept his apology like nothing happened. But he did just save me... and that's something. That's a start. I nod a little, stepping towards him.

"I can't bring myself to accept your apology right now... but I acknowledge it, and I'm holding you to that swear," I say, making sure my voice and the words I say are clear, "but thank you... Eli."

He gives me a nod and smiles just a little. Not like the smirks he's given me in the past when we've fought... just a smile... I give a small, pained smile back.

"I'd shake your hand or something to symbol alliance, but..." I say, opening my hands to reveal the- rather nasty looking- cuts. His eyes go a little wide.

"Holy shit! What-"

"Glass,"

"It'll be okay. I'm right behind you," he says. I nod as determination sets in. I don't trust him. I can't let myself do that. Not yet. But right now, I also can't not let him help me. I can't fight four guys on my own, but the two of us together...

I hear footsteps behind me, so I use a back kick, back fist, reverse punch combo, putting a lot of power into the punch so he goes crashing into the wall. Eli and one of the boys are in intense hand to hand combat, their hands flying fast. Another one starts towards the former of the two.

"Eli," I say to get his attention, which works, "jump high."

He seems confused, but he does as I say, and the second his feet leave the ground, I go low, sweeping the legs of the guy who was sneaking up behind him. He goes to the ground and I get down to his level, punching him in the solar plexus, and then the nose. Eli sends another into a wall. They crash into it, then fall to the ground. As I start stepping away from the last guy, my back comes into contact with Eli's. As if I was fighting with Robby, I link our arms. He seems to get the memo, leaning forward, which frees up both my legs for a kick, or in this case, means that I can kick the remaining Cobra hard without having to choose between bearing my weight on my bad leg or kick using my bad leg. He stumbles and falls over a coffee table. Eli sets me back on the ground gently and I take a slight step back, heart pounding. This is so surreal...

"We should help the others..." I say, though everything hurts.

"But your hands and your ankle-"

"You're part of the reason they're in this mess. We have to help,"

"It's okay, your majesty," Demetri says, coming up to Eli's side, Miguel at his heels, "the fight is over."

Though still ready to put my guard up at any second, I relax a little, nodding. Ay bendito... I'm so tired. Sam... she's still with Tory... she must be... I haven't seen her since she ran off. Miguel comes to my side. He looks like shit. I can think that because I know I do too.

"Gracias a Dios," I breathe in relief, "is Sam okay?"

"Last I saw, Tory was going after her," Demetri says. We all look at each other. We have to help. As if he knows I'm not able to run, Miguel slips his arm under mine, acting as a human crutch. The four of us then run off in the direction we saw Sam and Tory go. My heart pangs once more as I realize where it is, and stops as I see the state of it. The home dojo is a mess... Mr Miyagi's portrait has been cracked and knocked off the wall. No... no no no...

"Guys stop!" Miguel exclaims before either Tory or Sam can make another move.

"Tory, the fight's over," Eli says. The fight's over... I know it wasn't all that long, but it felt like an eternity, especially when I was getting beat up on by the four Cobras.

"It's not over," Tory retorts, "this will never be over, LaRusso. You hear me?!"

Por Dios, and Mr and Mrs LaRusso think that I need therapy. They're probably right, of course, but that's beyond the point.

"You know where to find me," Sam returns. I'm proud of her. It seems like, to at least some extent, that she's overcome her fear. I applaud her for it. I know how much she's struggled with the anxiety and the nightmares. Tory drops her guard, walking over to wear Eli, Miguel, Demetri, and I stand.

"Traitors! And you..." she says to Miguel and Eli, before turning to me, "you're gonna have to pick a side soon. I hope you choose the right one."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Is it not obvious what side I've chosen? What I've chosen from the very start? I'll never join Cobra Kai. Not after everything they've done. I just want everybody from Cobra Kai to stay the hell away from me and my friends.

"You better watch your back!" Tory says to Eli.

"He won't have to," Demetri returns, "he's got friends watching it for him."

Tory gives all of us one last glance, then walks away, signaling that the fight truly is over. I sigh in relief, leaning into Miguel.

"I'm not stealing your man, Sam, I just need someone to use as a crutch," I assure her, causing everyone to laugh lightly.

"Don't worry, I know you guys have just been really good friends throughout all of this," she says back. Uhm- yeah, on my part. We won't mention it. I nod and so does Miguel.

"Are you all okay?" I choke out after a few moments of silence. The adrenaline is finally starting to wear off. The pain is finally starting to set in. My hands are shaking and stinging horribly. My left leg hurts a lot. Ironically, it's kind of the opposite of the All Valley. Then, it was my knee that hurt. Now, it's my thigh and my ankle. My left leg is just super unlucky. That, or my right leg is just extremely lucky. I recognize the pain in my chest from when I had cracked ribs... I hope it's not that bad again... I get a chorus of various forms of 'yes' in return.

"What about you? You were everywhere, helping everyone, even after you fought all day at your tournament. Are you okay, Parker?" Sam asks in return. Tears burn behind my eyes. I don't feel okay. That was probably the worst fight I've been in since the school fight...

"I think so, yeah... I'll be okay. Nothing Vicks VapoRub can't fix, right?" I say, though my tone of voice is tired and tight with the attempt to hide tears. Miguel laughs a little. He gets it. Sam smiles at me.

"I'd hug you, but I don't want to hurt you," she says, "I'm gonna tell my dad about what happened when he gets home."

"Good. We should be getting home too," Miguel says. Sam nods. We all exchange 'goodbye's and words of thanks, then Miguel and I make our way to my car. I lean against it, staring up at the cloud darkened night sky.

"I know you're not okay, Princesa..." Miguel says, walking up to me. Princesa... that's a new one coming from him... Tears slip out of my eyes, rolling down my cheeks steadily as I shake my head no, then look down at my hands, opening my hands to show him the cuts.

"¡Ay caramba!" he exclaims, gently taking them in his own, "when did this happen?!"

"When I helped up Bert, there was some glass on him and- yeah..." I explain, hands shaking in his.

"You were fighting with your hands like this the whole time?!"

"Yeah..."

"Parker..."

"I know, I know, but we have to get home..." I say, "in the trunk, there's a bag of gear and stuff. In the pocket on the side, there's disinfectant, bandaids, all of that stuff. I promise I'll help you with your cuts and stuff when we get home, but I need to bandage my hands to drive-"

"Don't worry about me right now, and you're not driving with your hands like that,"

"Miggy please..." I plead, looking up at him. He looks into my eyes for a few moments, then quickly walks to the trunk, retrieving the target items. He opens the driver's side door, motioning for me to sit down.

"I cut my hand like this on an avocado once while making guacamole and my mom helped me," he says, wincing as he kneels down in front of me, "this was like two years ago, so I remember."

That's funny because I've also cut my hand while cutting an avocado. He uses water from a water bottle he must've found back there and cleans out the wounds, murmuring comforting words in Spanish as he does so. I wince heavily, clenching my teeth as he presses a cloth to my hands, but can't help but be relaxed by his words. He then applies disinfectant, presses a gauze over each palm, and wraps both with tape so the gauze stays in place.

"Gracias," I say, "I'll make you cookies when I can use my hands again."

"I'd say you don't have to do that, but I'll never say no to your cookies," he says. I smile a little.

"I figured about as much. C'mon... let's get home," I say, choking on tears by the second part. He looks me in the eye, also looking a little teary.

"Yeah... let's go."

I lean against Miguel as he unlocks the door to his apartment and the two of us go in.

"¡Hola Miggy! How was- ay Dios mío!" Ms Diaz exclaims as she sees both of us. She rushes over to us, speaking in rapid Spanish.

"What happened?!"

"Cobra Kai attacked us at the LaRusso's house..." Miguel explains. Anger seeps onto her face like the blood from my hands into the gauze.

"Ay, mija, what did they do to you?" she asks, voice gentle as she takes my hands in her own. Mija... she just called me 'mija'... I break down for a solid third time today. Tears start pouring down my face.

"Glass... again... and- and I tried to fight but I got kicked in the leg at my tournament earlier and there were four guys all trying to hit me at once and one twisted my ankle really far and they were just- they just- they didn't stop," I say, "lo siento mucho (I'm so sorry), I'm a crying mess, but everything hurts and- and- and-"

"Slow down, take some deep breaths, both of you go sit down at the table," she instructs. We both obey. She fills multiple plastic bags with ice, handing two to me and two to Miguel.

"My whole torso hurts," he says, leaning back in the chair, holding one ice pack around his shoulder region and the other on his lower ribs. I hold one on my thigh and the other on the place where Kyler kicked me in the rib region.

"I get how it feels... it hurts..." I agree. My arms are still covered in dried blood, as is his face.

"I will take both of you in for x-rays tomorrow," Ms Diaz says, "take off your shoe and sock, Parker."

I do as she says. It's definitely swollen. Ay de mí...

"When- when he was- he w- he was- when-" I have to pause and close my eyes, taking a deep breath that makes my chest ache more, "cuando mi pie estaba torcido, no escuché ninguna grieta o estallido (when my foot was twisted, I didn't hear any cracks or pops)."

I'm not sure why I reverted back to Spanish, but I managed to get my words across without all the stuttering, so I think it's a win.

"That's a good sign. It seems like it's a mild sprain. Try not to do too much on it for a couple days, and make sure you ice it and keep it elevated when you rest," she says, wrapping my ankle to keep it secure. I nod. Hopefully I'll have that time to rest before getting roped into another fight. Luckily, it's winter break, so I don't have school. As long as it's healed before competition season in show choir, it's okay.

"Gracias, Ms Diaz," I say, wiping away stray tears. They've slowed down now. I just feel... tired. And achey.

"De nada, mija," she returns with a small smile, then she turns her attention to Miguel. I close my eyes, trying to ignore the pain. Robby is gonna flip his shit when he sees the state I'm in tomorrow...

Ms Diaz patches us both up to the best of her abilities, giving us a moment to rest before she starts helping us get cleaned up and everything. A knock at the door catches my attention. Ms Diaz answers it. When she opens it further, I see that it's Mr Lawrence. His eyes go wide when he sees Miguel and I.

"What happened?" he asks, voice cold and tight with anger.

And we tell him everything.

—-

After we told Mr Lawrence everything, he gave Miguel, myself, and Ms Diaz one last look, then stormed out of the apartment, and Miguel and I both know exactly where he went. Five minutes later, I got a call from Sam saying her dad had stormed out of the house after seeing the state it was in and hearing the story. We all know where he's going too. And we know where we're going. The three of us decided we also need to be there. Sam is driving from her house, and I'm driving Miguel and I because I don't trust him with my car. It's nothing against him, but he doesn't have his license and I prefer to be in control of the car. My hands hurt ridiculously bad, but I push past it.

We pull into the strip mall, exiting the car just as Sam pulls up. Sam exits her car, immediately rushing to my side, slipping her arm under mine. Miguel does the same, making it a little wonky because of their height difference, but I don't care. All that matters is that they care enough to support me without hesitation. I guess... I guess I'm not quite used to that.

The three of us move as fast as we can out to where we can see what's happening, moving quite  quick for having someone who's down one leg between them. Is that... that's Mr LaRusso... and Kreese... Mr LaRusso looks like he's about to hit Kreese with some sort of hand strike right to the face or neck...

"Dad!" Sam cries out. Mr LaRusso stops, backing away from Kreese. Mr Lawrence joins his side. Rain begins to fall, pattering on the roof above us as the three men exchange words. I love the rain... but this just feels like a bad sign. Miguel, Sam, and I look at each other, then walk over to where the adults stand. Miguel stands next to Mr Lawrence, I stand in between Miguel and Mr LaRusso, and Sam stands on Mr LaRusso's other side. I slip out from Miguel's arm, trusting that I can bear my own weight. I'm just standing. I can keep my weight on my right leg and just have my left leg kinda be there, just barely touching the ground.

"You okay, Sensei?" Miguel asks Mr Lawrence.

"Stai bene (are you okay), Mr LaRusso?" I ask quietly at the same time. He nods, face falling when he sees the state I'm in. I nod back. He doesn't seem quite okay, but I know that I'm not either.

"Robby.." Mr Lawrence says as footsteps come towards the group of us. I think I feel my heart literally stop in my chest as the word registers in my brain, but it's nothing compared to what crashes over me as I look over, seeing Robby in a white Cobra Kai gi, standing next to Kreese. No... no... no! Dios mío, no! This isn't happening! I'm dreaming, I'm hallucinating, this is- this is- I must've taken a weird hit to the head, this can't be happening! But as the cold air stings my lungs and chills my skin, I know the truth. I never took any hits to the head. I'm not dreaming. I'm not hallucinating. This is real.

The cuts and bruises and sprains are nothing in comparison to the feeling in my heart. My stomach twists and turns with a horrible feeling. I feel like I might vomit. Awful chills run through my entire body, but they have nothing to do with the cold. I can't take my eyes off of Robby. I know I must look like a deer in headlights. I don't care. I don't know what to say. I don't know what to do. All I can do is stare in disbelief and complete shock.

"Get out of here," Robby says, "all of you."

His expression is hard as he looks around, but as soon as his eyes meet mine, the cold expression falters. I don't move. His words don't mean shit to me right now. Miguel pauses when he sees that I haven't moved.

"Parker.." he trails off. I keep my eyes trained on Robby.

"Go home with Mr Lawrence. If I'm not back in ten minutes, call me and don't stop until I pick up," I say, voice blank and cold as the anger and hurt and betrayal I feel sets in, "don't worry about me."

I can see him looking unsure out of the corner of my eye, but he does as I say anyway. I stare down Robby, waiting for everyone to either get in their cars or leave all together. If the rain wasn't picking up, I'm sure they would be able to hear my heart pounding in my chest. Soon, it's just me, Robby, and Kreese.

"Who hurt you?" Robby asks, voice just as cold as mine was. I don't say a word. I don't know how. Kreese knows... There's blood on Robby's face... maybe Kreese tricked him... maybe he hurt Robby... I turn to Kreese for one second before throwing a turning round kick in his direction. But before it can collide with the sick, sick man, I go crashing to the ground, landing right on the bruise from my opponent at the tae kwon do tournament. What- Robby... he pushed me... he pushed me... I clutch my leg in pain, blinking back and swallowing down tears. No... no...

He immediately rushes to my side, attempting to help me up. I push him away from me, standing up on my own, even though doing so is incredibly painful. Robby tries to steady me once I'm to my feet, but I shift away from him.

"Don't touch me," I say. Five minutes ago I would've wanted nothing more than to be folded tightly in his arms or have his lips pressed against mine, but now..? Now... I don't know what to think. I don't know what to do. Is this even my Robby anymore..? No, it has to be... the Robby I know definitely would've asked me who hurt me in that tone of voice, it has to be him... it has to be okay...

"Park..." he says, sounding hurt. No... no!

"No, you can't 'Park..' me right now. Don't you understand what this man has done?" I ask, tears threatening to fall from my eyes at any moment.

"He's giving me a place to stay, he's helping me. And he can help you too. He-"

"He can help me too? Mírame, Robby! Look at me! Look!" I cry out, raising my shirt to reveal a torso covered in bruises, streaked by the scar Tory gave me at the school fight. His eyes go wide. I pull the shirt back down, presenting my hands to him so he can see the blood soaking through the gauze. His eyes widen even more.

"How-"

"The people you're now choosing to join. Four people. Four people, on one. On me," I turn to Kreese next, "thanks for warning your Cobras about me. 'Get in close. Don't let her use her legs'. You heard about Miguel, Sam, and I's plan, so you- whether inadvertently or not- sent them after us. Your little quiver found us and they started a fight. You knew it would happen, so you warned them about me. You know who I am. You know what I can do."

"It's never too late, sweetheart-"

"Don't ever call me that again," I say, pulling my kubotan out of my pocket, ready to strike him with it.

"It's never too late to join, Miss Reyes," Kreese says, "you and Keene will be an unstoppable team. Your combined power and ability to work together is unparalleled by any pair in the valley."

"'I've got your back no matter what' means no matter what, Park... that's what you told me," Robby says, "we're in this together whether we like it or not."

This is what sends me over the edge. Tears slip silently out of my eyes. I lower the kubotan, clutching it as tightly as I dare. It was my hope while Robby was gone... but now... it's just painful to hold onto...

"Park please... this will be better for you. Once you join, you'll be on our side, they won't hurt you anymore, you'll be safe! Please... it kills me to see you hurt like this..." he pleads with me. I believe that he wants me to be safe... but Kreese is already beginning to corrupt him... I can't... I can't lose him... I've already lost too many people... I can't lose him...

"Meet me at the skatepark tomorrow at nine p.m.. You'll be there. I can't do this with you right now," I say, voice firm. I know he knows that I'm serious. If he doesn't show... it's over. I'll know that he truly won't be there for me. I want him to show up... I need  him to show up... but if he doesn't...

Without warning, I grab the front of Robby's stupid Cobra Kai gi, not caring that it hurts, not caring if I get blood on the white uniform, and press my lips firmly to his, not allowing him any air. After a few moments, I break the kiss, lightly pushing him away from me. It's about time I leave. I know I've already made everyone worry enough. I don't dare look at Robby or Kreese as I turn to walk away, expression colder than the rain pounding just above us.

I begin to walk back to my car, doing my absolute best to hide the limp in my left leg. I manage, but every step is a new wave of pain that travels all the way up to my knee.

"Park wait!" Robby calls after me.

I don't wait.

"Park! Please, I- you... I- I... I- wait- I- I-"

Whatever he's stuttering about, I ignore. I just keep going, also trying to ignore the tears in my eyes and the torn feeling in my heart.

"I love you!"

• • •

A/N- man y'all don't understand that this was the last thing i wrote before season four dropped and there were still like three months until it did so this was like the biggest cliffhanger ANYWAY

stay safe and take care of yourselves :)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

643K 32.2K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
960K 38.1K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
625K 9.7K 63
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
752K 35.4K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...