Something About Him

De CrystalWings-

"Let go of me" I murmured trying not to create a scene. "Why" He asked in his usual deep voice with his grip... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1: A love that consumes you
Chapter 2: The irresponsible player
Chapter 3: Luke Hamilton?
Chapter 4: 'That feeling'
Chapter 5: Damaged goods
Chapter 6: The mysterious one
Chapter 7: The sleeping beauty
Chapter 8: Stupid Damien!
Chapter 9: A stranger? A mystery?
Chapter 10: Viral pictures!
Chapter 11: A real badass
Chapter 12: The perks of being popular
Chapter 14: As the night gets darker
Chapter 15: So close...yet so far
Chapter 16: Not a freaking dream!
Chapter 17: 'Library Girl'
Chapter 18: What smile?
Chapter 19: A lie never felt so true
Chapter 20: Restless
Chapter 21: First move
Chapter 22: Goodbye...Damien
Chapter 23: Bitter truth
Chapter 24: A life changing kiss
Chapter 25: There's no 'we'
Chapter 26: Undeniable attraction
Chapter 27: Beginning of something
Chapter 28: Because I wanted to
Chapter 29: You silly girl!
Chapter 30: Liar liar pants on fire!
Chapter 31: Your Damien
Chapter 32: Her...friend
Chapter 33: Christmas dinner
Chapter 34: His territory

Chapter 13: Fallen angel

371 22 2
De CrystalWings-

Cynthia's POV

"So students your internal exam's schedule is displayed over the notice boards and also on the official website of school..." Miss Layla said but was interrupted by the loud ring of our school's bell, which indicated that the lecture was over and since this was our last lecture, so we were done for the day.

"So do start preparing for your exams!" Miss Layla continued, yelling at the students who already made their way out.

"God! What am I gonna do?" I mumbled resting my head down on the desk.

"Why? What's wrong now?" Madison asked.

"Yeah. What's wrong? Cyn" Bethany asked as well, as now the three of us were left alone in the class.

"Didn't you check the schedule? Our internal exams are right after the winter fest" I replied with a sulking face.

"Um...Yeah, it's a day after the winter fest" Bethany said while checking the schedule on her phone.

"And now I don't understand what am I supposed to do?...go for my rehearsals for the play? Which is exactly an hour later or sit in the library and prepare for the exams" I said raising my head up to glance at both of them.

"Well...I suggest that you skip the rehearsals today and we all sit in the library and prepare for our exams" Madison suggested.

"What do you say? She added.

"Yeah and you are good at acting anyways, you don't need to rehearse. Come on let's go" Bethany said.

"Alright. Let's go, I just hope I don't dump into Steve or anyone else from the play...they'll just drag me back to the rehearsals" I replied as we made our way out.

"Cyn. Hey. Hey. Wait up" I heard Steve's familiar voice, calling out for me from behind as the three of us were walking towards the library.

"Cyn. What are you doing? He's calling you" Madison said, nudging her elbow into my ribs.

"Och! Madi! Are you insane?!!" I exclaimed, rubbing where she roughly elbowed me.

"Beth, stop glancing back. Ignore him and just keep walking" I added as I caught Bethany glancing backwards every now and then.

"Miller! Hold on. I know you can hear me" Steve said as I just sighed before turning around.

"Hey, Steve, where have you been?" I asked extra sweetly with a fake smile.

"What are you doing here? Come on let's go, we need to practice, you know Jenny still hasn't rehearsed her dialogues properly. What do you say, should we replace her?" He asked.

"Steve, replace her or do whatever you feel like but just leave me alone for one single day. I need to prepare for my exams, you know I haven't even touched my books yet..." I paused rolling my eyes as he interrupted me.

"Miller, you top every year. Why do you even need to study?" He said with a shrug.

"Yeah and obviously I don't wanna ruin that record" I replied in a duh tone.

"And you think I top every year without studying" I added in disbelief.

"Miller, you know me, I wouldn't have bothered you if it wasn't important" He said and I could sense the desperation in his voice.

"Whoa! Whoa! Wait. What is it?" I asked frowning in confusing as he just remained suspiciously silent.

"What am I missing? Steve" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"Chill! No need to give me that scary look" He said before sighing.

"It's Carina..." He added only to be interrupted by me.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"The committee member of the winter fest, she wants to watch our play before we perform it on the fest" He replied hesitantly.

"Why on earth does she wanna do that?" I asked.

"Yeah this is the first time I'm hearing about it too...that someone wants to review a highschool musical" Bethany said frowning before chuckling.

"Yeah it's like she's got nothing better to do" Madison said chuckling as well.

"Oh hey...Beth...I-I mean Bethany. I'm sorry I didn't notice you" Steve said while shyly scratching the back of his head.

Well...what exactly is going on here?

"And our senior, Steve Rodriguez stutters, that's a first too" I said shaking my head while watching the interaction between the two.

"Oh hello and it's fine really" Bethany replied failing to hide her smile.

But wait, was she even trying? Well...only she knows that.

"I have been wanting to ask this from quite a while now..." Steve paused.

"What?" Bethany asked.

"If you are free today then probably we should go out for a coffee or tea...I mean whatever it is you like having" He replied nervously.

Nervous? Really?

It's so rare seeing Steve going all nervous.

"Yeah sure I'm totally free today" Bethany said nodding her head slightly.

Really?! What is actually going on here? Few seconds ago this guy was in such a haste and now he has all the time in the world.

"So you two wanna go on a coffee date...like right now" I asked sarcastically.

"Yeah" They both replied at the same time.

"And what about Carina? Shall I send her to the cafe directly?" I added with a fake smile as Bethany cleared her throat, looking elsewhere.

"Oh shoot! Carina! Yeah..." Steve trailed off realising that his schedule was packed today.

"Anyways, so I was saying that Carina wants to review our play" He added snapping out of his 'Bethany trance'.

"Yeah. I got that much. But why?" I asked.

"She thinks that students these days are becoming a little...vulgar..." He replied as I interrupted him.

"Vulgar?! Really?" I mumbled in disbelief.

"Yeah. Something like that. So she wants to make sure that there's nothing inappropriate in the play" He added with a sigh.

"Strange" I mumbled shaking my head.

"And she's here already so we need to leave...like now" Steve said snapping his fingers at my face.

"Alright..." I paused looking at Bethany and Madison.

"Beth, Madi, you guys carry on. I guess I'll join you guys tomorrow so we can study" I continued before walking away with Steve.

"And Steve, why am I learning about this just now" I said.

"Because I forgot to inform you" He simply replied.

"I'll catch you later, Bethany" He yelled glancing behind as I just shook my head.

"That was pretty good...but it would have been much better if you all were in your costumes" Miss Carina said while sitting in the first row of the seats as we finished performing the play.

"And I really liked how you guys modified the climax by changing the classic and literally eye-opening lip kiss to a mere forehead kiss" She added.

"Like for gods sake this is a highschool play, we don't need all of that stuff over here" She continued almost as if talking to herself.

Yeah right...as if highschool students are oblivion to such things, my subconscious said sarcastically while rolling her eyes at Miss Carina's statement.

"It was actually Miller's...I mean Cynthia's idea..." Steve paused.

"She said that she doesn't wants to lose her first kiss to some random guy, in some stupid highschool play" He continued while chuckling as I stomped on his foot so that he shuts his loud mouth.

"Och!..." He whined in pain.

"And of course whatever she says, goes, because she's scary sometimes..." He continued as I glared at him.

"Ah. I meant because she's a great friend and we all adore her" He corrected himself with a fake smile as Miss Carina looked a little taken aback and just gave us a weird look with a smile, which was much more weirder.

"See, it didn't take that long, did it?" Steve said grinning.

"Yeah just my entire afternoon because contrary to what you said...your miss Carina wasn't even here when we got here..." I paused while grabbing my bag as everybody left.

"And please don't expect me to come tomorrow too, because as Miss Carina said the play is perfect, so I don't think I need to rehearse anymore" I continued.

"Yeah sure. Our princess Aurora is a great actress, anyways" He replied teasingly while patting my shoulder.

"So...Miller, is this rumour true? About you and Damien?" He asked hesitantly as we walked out together.

"What do you think?" I asked back.

"Honestly, I don't know what to think...Damien is...I don't know..." He trailed off, not being able to explain Damien.

"A bit different" I mumbled almost to myself.

"Yeah I guess...but he just doesn't seems like your type" He said as I frowned.

What is that supposed to mean?

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means that you would probably want to stay away from a guy like him" He replied.

"Why?" I asked in a low voice, surprising myself by even asking that.

Why am I even asking that?

It's not like I'm going to go anywhere near him, anyways.

"Um...like..." He paused as if trying to find to correct words.

"You come from a well reputed family and him? Nobody knows..." He paused with a shrug.

"Nobody even knows his last name" He added.

"Well...I don't think that's a good enough reason to prove that he's a bad guy" I said.

Why does it feel like I'm defending him suddenly?

Why can't I just keep my mouth shut?!

"Um...well honestly I don't think that either...but in class as well..." He replied only to be interrupted by me.

"He's in your class?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah" He replied confused before glancing down at the smart watch on his wrist.

"Anyways, I gotta go. Bye" He added before leaving as I just sighed.

Damien and the things people talk about him!

As I walked down the hallway, I stopped by the library, checking the time on my phone, I realized it's still two hours until the school closes and my parents are also away on a trip and they won't be back until tomorrow.

Also Chase is going for a night out with his friends tonight, so nobody's gonna be home anyways and I'll just get bored staying alone at home, so instead of going home right away I decided to stay back at school, until it was time for the school to close.

Might as well study, I thought while pushing through the glass door and walking into the huge but empty library.

My school is really something! They really go over the board in making everything over the top and fancy.

Like take this huge library for instance, not just the doors but also all the walls here are made of glass. So whatever happens inside or outside, you can see it from both the sides.

And also the doors have a system, that they get locked on their own on a particular set time and get unlocked at the time which has been set in the system.

Hassle free?

Or maybe a bit too much?

Anyways, grabbing my history notes from my bag, I began studying and it wasn't until a few minutes later when I sensed some movement in the library and then heard the noise of a chair being pulled.

I'm usually not scared of empty places, but if the entire place is empty but there's still a commotion or something like that, well then that's something you should be worried about.

Glancing behind and then sideways, I found nothing out of ordinary but as I glanced forward...

Ah. No!

You gotta be kidding me!

This cannot be happening right now!

What's he doing here?

Well...duh...he's also a student here, the little voice in my head replied.

But how? And why is it that there's only I and the one person that I swore to avoid, alone in the entire library?

I'm sure he must have not noticed me or else I know he wouldn't even have stepped a foot inside.

But anyways, his presence doesn't bothers me.

Thinking so I focused back on my notes once again.

But about almost an hour later, I couldn't hold myself any longer and peeked at him, as he was sitting right across on the seat in front of me and what I saw made my lips curve up into a smile unknowingly.

He was sleeping...with his head carelessly resting on his books, on the desk.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight.

And I don't know why but in that small moment I forgot that I was supposed to avoid him...I forgot how mad I was at him for acting like a jerk to me...and I found myself staring at him, with a content smile on my face.

He looked so peaceful, so pure...so innocent.

Like an angel.

Damien is looking like an angel?...that thought alone was enough to make me laugh.

But yet the fact was undeniable that he did look like an angel...an angel fallen from the great beyond.

Resting my elbow on the desk, I supported my head with my hand while staring at the angel like person sleeping before me.

I didn't even realize how and when my tiredness took a toll on me and I dozed off too, completely oblivious to the events that were going to take place tonight.

•••

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

Love,

Crystal ❤️

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

252K 7.2K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...
32 0 19
school life is the best part of our life. we have crush on our seniors or classmates. we have true friendship at that time... megha is a working per...
291 66 39
This story is about a girl who had a crush on a boy in her class, having him tease her consistently, to having him want her forever. As it goes, love...
4.4K 449 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...