I'll Remember Someday... Fred...

Bởi CharlieA

Teen mom? Check. The Dark Lord's daughter? Check. Amnesia? Check. Was there anything else? Harry Potter has w... Xem Thêm

I'll Remember Someday... Fred Weasley
{Chapter 2} Lost Memories
{Chapter 3} Tommy's an Arse
{Chapter 4} Welcome to Weasley Wizard Wheezes
{Chapter 5} Is it really Just Pity?
{Chapter 6} A Date with Fred Weasley
{Chapter 7} Verity's Plan
{Chapter 8} Pillows, they really do work!
{Filler} A Morning with Caitlin and George
{Chapter 9} The Weasley Rememberance
{Chapter 10} That's not Everything
{Chapter 11} A Chaotic Dinner
{Chapter 12} Heads will Turn
{Chapter 13} Firewhisky
{Chapter 14} The Other Marley
{Chapter 15} The Hangover, News
{Chapter 17} Birthday Date
{Chapter 18} The Photo Album
{Chapter 19} Someday
{Chapter 20} Happily Ever After
{Epilogue}

{Chapter 16} Confusion

10.4K 288 152
Bởi CharlieA

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter Characters :)Or stuff that J.K. Rowling owns okay!

Chapter 16: Confusion

            I lay there, on my bed staring at my old fashion locket my mom had given to me long ago. There was still a faint red stain on the picture from last night. I sighed as I looked at the photo again, the burrow was very much in the background, and I remembered. Everything, at least, I think it was everything.

It was late last night, after Fred had taken Clary and I home from the burrow.

I felt the nausea overwhelm me as I held onto Fred’s arm and soon we were in my apartment. I looked over at Fred to see he was holding Clary in his arms, and one of my hands was gripping onto Fred’s arm while the other held the bags. “Thanks Fred.” I said as he grinned down at me.

“Miss Riddle, how many times do I have to tell you not to thank me?” he asked as I smiled.

“Just a few more times, and its common courtesy to thank a person.” I said as Fred smiled.

“Where should I put Clary?” he asked as I smiled down at the sleeping girl. We had returned home late at night, so figures she would fall asleep.

“Just in her room should be fine, it’s the one at the end of the hall.” I said pointing to the direction as he nodded and walked towards the room as I went into the kitchen and started to fix up some tea when Fred came back. “Um Fred, before you leave would you like some tea?”

Fred smiled, “Are you going to harass me about my decision?” he asked looking down at me as I smiled faintly. Everyone in the Weasley family, including Hermione, Harry, Max, and Angelous were extremely upset with Fred’s decision about going to America. I was… upset, but I would never tell Fred that. This is what he wanted apparently, and it would be a good opportunity, I mean isn’t America the land filled with opportunities or something? Anyways, like I’ve said to myself and others a million times before, Fred and I were just friends… who have shared a few estrange kisses.

“No, at least not yet.” I said with a smile as I noticed Fred’s smile turn to a frown, but it returned back to a grin so quickly that I wasn’t even sure if what I saw was real.

“Okay then, let’s have some tea!” he exclaimed as I smiled and led him over to the small table perched in the wall, underneath the window that looked over the muggle streets of London, England. We sat down and chatted idly while we enjoyed the tea I had prepared.

“So… what made you want to take the job in America?” I asked as Fred shrugged.

“I just figured, there was nothing here for me anymore.” He said as I frowned slightly.

“What about your family? I’m sure they are going to miss you.” I said as Fred smiled.

“Yes, but I can still see them on holidays and what not, sort of like I do now. They don’t necessarily need me.” He said as I frowned slightly, for some reason I wanted to blurt out that Clary needed you… and maybe someone else.

“You know Clary is going to miss you like crazy, she’s already going berserk over this.” I said with a small smile as Fred frowned slightly.

“Yes… I’m going to miss that little munchkin too. She’s possibly one of my favorite girls here.” He said as I smiled lightly. “Ah, I won’t be able to fend off the evil boys that are going to come after her in the future.”

I frowned slightly at the thought of this, I guess for some reason I just figured Fred would always be there, now he would be leaving for America wouldn’t he? “When are you leaving?” I blurted out as he looked at me.

“About a month, don’t worry Marley I’ll be here for your birthday.” Fred said as I rolled my eyes.

“Well there’s something off my shoulder.” I said with a smile as I realized just how soon that was, a month? That was it? “Um, do you want some more tea?” I asked after the few moments of awkward silence.

“Nah, I better go, I need to get some sleep since it’s just going to be you and me tomorrow. George and Caitlin aren’t going to be there because of their honeymoon, and Verity, well we know what happened to Verity.” Fred said with a smirk as I smiled slightly.

“Yes well… if you must go.” I said blushing slightly at the fact I said that, Fred looked down at me.

“I don’t have to. I could always stay here and sleep with you in your bed.” He replied cheekily as I blushed.

“No.”

“Aw, why not? You were all for it the night of the wedding.” Fred grinned as I glared up at the boy with a flushed face.

“You’re never going to let me live that down will you?” I asked as he grinned.

“Nope, you better expect pure torture from me these next couple of weeks.” He replied as I smiled.

“Fine,” I said as Fred smirked.

“Fine, to me spending the night?” he asked as I blushed.

“No!” I yelled as Fred smirked and laughed.

“I’m just messing with you Miss Riddle, I have to go anyways. I need to do a couple of things at the shop.” He said standing up as I stood up as well.

“Oh alright, um I’ll see you tomorrow then.” I said as Fred nodded his head.

“Bright and early, remember or I’ll turn you’re whole face green for a day.” He said as my eyes widened slightly, I could see Fred doing that to me.

“Yes sir!” I mocked saluted him as he grinned.

“Well I’ll be seeing you Riddle.” He said with a smirk as I smiled up at the boy, and then I heard a crack, there was nothing there besides the empty space. I sighed, Fred was gone, and Clary was fast asleep in her bed. I guess it was time for bed.

I cleaned up in the kitchen and headed to my room, as I unpacked all of my things first before changing into some pajama pants and an oversized shirt. I looked around the room to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary, and once I finished the last inspection I jumped onto my bed. I smiled as I inhaled the familiar scent of my own bed, I was happy I was home. I laid there, eyes shut, trying to fall asleep, but it was not happening anytime soon. I groaned in frustration as I abruptly opened my eyes and flopped over on my back. I missed all the noise that was at the Weasley’s Burrow, I missed being able to go bug Fred or George whenever I wanted to. I turned to the side looking at the pictures on my end table. One was a past photo of me and my mother when I was six, another of me and Clary at the park, when she turned three, I had a walking bystander take the photo and the other picture was actually rather recent. It was apparently taken at the wedding, after the wedding… When I was drunk. I groaned as I looked at the magical moving photo.

I was wearing the flimsy red fabric as I stood, slightly leaning, in the middle of Fred and Max. Max and Fred had an arm around me and Max was giving me bunny ears as he grinned at the camera while he embraced Angelous on his side. Angelous looked nervous as I saw her biting on her lower lip while she glanced from the camera to Max. So much longing in her eyes, and then there was George and Caitlin who were standing next to Fred. Caitlin wasn’t much for photos so she just had her arms crossed against her chest, as she gave a deathly glare towards the camera man. Though there was a slight smirk making its way to her face, due to the fact that George had deliberately leaned down and was planting a kiss on her cheek, but while he did that, he also placed bunny ears on her head. I smiled as I looked at the loving couple and then my eyes went back to Fred, who still had his arm wrapped around me, and was trying to steady me at the same time trying not to laugh at my drunkenness. To tell you the truth I’m not even sure when this happened, it had to be before Fred decided to take me to his room.

I blushed at the sudden remembrance of what happened in his room. That memory still had me worked up. I groaned into the pillow, as I also remembered that dream I had. I quickly got up from my face planted in the pillow and immediately looked down at the locket latched around my neck. I looked down at it curiously, the other… me, said to open it. It might help me remember. My fingers shook slightly as I traced the beautiful embedded designs on the locket. Did I want to remember?

I sighed, I had to open it. I had to be strong, what if it was something really important?

I tugged open the locket, revealing the old photo of my mother and I at the park. I think I was twelve that day, my birthday was coming up soon, and that was also when my mother would die. I then saw something in the background, like a little light shining in the background, and then suddenly my eyes started to burn; they started to hurt like someone was stabbing a needle right into my eye. I screamed out in pain as I immediately shut my eyes closed and then there was a flash of light as I reopened them.

I sat on the bed, my eyes wide opened, when the images and voices started to appear. There were images, bright, vivid, real, images playing around my room like a movie theater, people were talking, chattering was erupting in the room like a flame, it was so loud that I had to cover my ears from the loud noise, from the loud speaking. I saw everything playing in front of me: discovering my abilities, Christmas day with the Weasleys, being captured by Lucius Malfoy, being a prisoner in the Malfoy Manor, meeting my father, meeting Draco, kissing Draco, escaping the Manor with Sam, meeting Max, being in a battle with the Death Eaters, going to the Battle of Hogwarts. Then the worst of them of all, seeing Sam’s dead body staring up at me with lifeless eyes. I stared at them in horror, my eyes prickling with the tears, and then it was gone. It was replaced with a… a memory? Of Fred and me standing on a hill, next to a tree, Fred was saying something to me, but I couldn’t hear it. It sounded as if the voices were muffled, I was crying and Fred looked at me stock still, he was holding something, but I couldn’t see what.

Before I could see what was happening, the image disappeared and replaced itself with a new one. I was crying over a body, a very much dead body, I looked closer to see it was Fred’s body. I felt myself grown numb as I looked at the realistic body of my best friend, his eyes staring with the ghost of his past, a smile still etched upon his handsome freckle face. I drew closer to the image trying to see what was happening, just like the other one this one was muffled as well, I couldn’t hear what was going on. All I saw as a bright light erupt from my body and engulf Fred and me and then the image disappeared. I wanted to call out to it, to tell it to come back, but I was still too shock to even open my mouth. And then just as suddenly as it had happened it stopped.

Complete silence filled the dark room, all except the loud rhythmic drumming of my heart pounding against my chest. I stared around the room, waiting to see if something else would happen, but nothing happened. There would be no wonderful slideshow to show me what happened to Fred, of course he lived, and he was very much alive today. No slideshow to show me what that light was, or what Fred and I were doing on that hill. Images in my head were still fuzzy and hazy, it almost hurt to try and push myself further to try to see what this was all about. I quickly looked down at the open locket in my hand, to see that once light, was now replaced with an image of the burrow off in the distance.

I then noticed a drop of red liquid fall onto the picture; I looked at it curiously and touch the liquid as I placed it up to my mouth. It was blood, I slowly then placed my fingers up to my eye and pulled them back as red liquid showed on my fingertips. Feeling warm and smiling iron rolling down my cheeks as I realized what was happening. I was crying… blood.

I guess it was then, that I decided this was too much for me to take, for I passed out right then and there, not even bothering wiping up the blood.

I stared at myself in the mirror, making sure no more trace of the blood was visible. I wouldn’t want Clary seeing me, and then start to freak out as well. I had woken up that morning, with just dried blood around my eyes, as well as on my pillow. Apparently it just abruptly stopped after a few hours it started, I sighed as I placed my two hands firmly onto the sink in the bathroom. There was so much to take in, the blood tears, the memories, and the locket and not to mention the almost too realistic dream I had last night. I had a dream that Fred and I were under a tree, and we were… kissing. Kissing passionately, like it would be our last kiss. I suppose there was nothing particularly odd about this dream; except for the fact it felt like it’s happened, like a memory. I shook the thought quickly away from my head, as I looked back at myself in the mirror.

“Aw poor Marley never trusting her gut.” I heard a voice say as I immediately jumped in fright as I looked around the small bathroom quickly.

“Who said that?” I questioned hastily looking around the room as I heard a giggle.

“Over here.” The voice said as I noticed it came in the direction of the bathroom mirror, I immediately looked over at the mirror to see my reflection, except the only thing was, and she was crossing her arms, as I was not. “Good Morning, miss me?”

I let out a yelp as my reflection spoke back to me as I felt myself fall backwards and onto the hard surface of the tiled floor. I heard a faint knock at the door. “Mommy awe you alwight?” I heard Clary’s voice call out from the other side.

“I-I’m fine Clary.” I stuttered.

“Okay…. Hurry up mommy, you don’t wanna make Daddy wait!” I heard her call as I heard her little foots scamper away from the door. I then looked back up at the mirror to see her face had softened, and then she looked back down at me with a grin.

“Well I see our Clary is still as cheery as every, and she even calls Fred, daddy still!” I, or she, announced cheerfully as I looked at her with a cocked eyebrow.

“How the blood hell are you here?!’ I questioned looking at myself, who only smirked.

“Magic? I suppose, not really sure, this could just be a figment of your imagination which means, you’re crazy.” She said as I glared at myself, it felt really weird glaring at my own reflection, who just continued to smile.

“What do you want? If you’re here about the memories, I remembered everything, so shouldn’t you be like… I don’t know staying inside of my head and being part of me or something like that.” I replied, not in the mood to talk to myself. I then noticed her, my smile turn grim.

“You remembered a lot, I’ll give you that. I didn’t think you’d remember that much just by our locket, but then again mum did do some funky stuff with that locket. Not to mention our eyes are all seeing.” She said in a ghostly groan as I rolled my eyes, “But I wouldn’t say you remembered all of it.”

“What?”! I exclaimed looking at myself. “Of course I remembered all of it! What more could there possibly be?”

“Well, there are a few important key facts that you’re suppressing, because you’re a little chicken.” She said tauntly as I glared at her. “Don’t you wonder why you couldn’t hear what Fred and we were saying, or why you had that dream last night?”

“It must not be that important since I can’t hear it.” I said nonchalantly as I groaned from the mirror.

“The last and most difficult things are always the most important! Ugh, when did I become so stubborn?”

“Look I really don’t have time for this, I have to go to work, but you should know that since, well you’re me.” I said awkwardly, this was still hard to get use to.

“Fine, but Marley… I’m just trying to help you out. Fred is going to be leaving soon, and well you have yet to even consider the fact that maybe there is more to Fred and us then you think.” I said to myself as I shrugged it off.

“If there was something between us, I would know right?” I asked as she frowned.

“Not necessarily, I mean we are rather stubborn to well love, and you have strong magic over you, it’s not that easy to get rid off.” She said as I stared at myself for a moment of two, even if I was right, did I want to have something with Fred? I mean what if he was like Nathan; I shook that thought immediately out of my head. Fred was nothing like Nathan, no one was like Nathan. But still, could I really put my heart out there just like that?

“Look I really have to go,” I said quickly as I finished getting ready, as I tried to ignore my other self.

“Just please try to keep an open mind. For Clary’s sake.” And with that she disappeared at least I think she did, because when I looked back at my reflection it was doing exactly what I was doing. I sighed, this was just too much, and I then exited the bathroom and came face to face with a pair of dark blue eyes and a freckled face.

I let out a scream of terror and surprise, as my hand moved by itself and immediately made contact with the person’s face. I saw the person wince in pain and then grab his cheek as he bursted up with a frown. I looked up to see that the intruder was none other than Fred Weasley. I glared up at the boy. “Fred! You about just gave me a heartache!” I screamed looking up at the hurting boy.

He stared down at me with watery eyes while he held his red cheek with his other hand. “Bloody hell Miss Riddle, did you really have to slap me?!” he questioned as I looked up at him with a faint blush.

“I didn’t know who you were, it was just instincts to slap someone when they are as close to your face as you were!” I exclaimed as Fred sighed.

“Ah, this is the thanks I get for coming to pick you and Clary up?” he asked as I felt the guilt wash over me.

“It’s not my fault.” I said stubbornly as Fred laughed, as he removed his hand from his face, I looked up to see a very red handprint imprinted on his left cheek.

“Mommy, daddy awe we going?!” I heard Clary exclaim from the other side of the hallway, as she then took notice of Fred’s red cheek. “Ah! What happened to Daddy!?”

“She hit me Clary!” Fred yelled childishly as he pointed a finger directly at me, I blinked at the sudden accusation.

“Mommy, is this true?” Clary asked as I looked over to see my four year old staring at me sternly, while her hands rested on her hips.

“What? Well yes… but... I had a good reason to!” I exclaimed defensively, even though I was not sure why I had to explain myself to my four year old.

She wagged her finger at me, “Tsk, tsk, tsk. Mommy you know better.” She said as I lowered my head shamefully.

“Yes Clary…” I sighed as I looked up at the grinning Fred; I glared up at the boy. “Clary, could you go get a bag of ice from the kitchen?” I asked as Clary beamed and disappeared in an instant. I looked up at Fred, “Come on injured boy, lets go lessen that mark.” I said as I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the living room as he looked down at me. “Sit.” I commanded as he grinned.

“Yes ma’am!” he nodded as he sat down on the couch as I inspected his hand printed face, my eyes widened in horror as I realized that a little bit of his face was bleeding from the mark. I felt guilt overwhelm me. “How is it doctor?”

I sighed, “You’ll live, but I can’t believe I smacked you that hard as to where it would cause you to bleed somewhat.” I said almost in a whisper as Fred grinned.

“You just hate me that much.”

I frowned, “I don’t hate you idiot.”

“Well that’s good to know.” Fred said as his face lit up. I blushed slightly, but stopped when I noticed Clary come in the room with a bag of cold ice.

“Thank you Clary.” I said sweetly taking the bag of ice from her as I smiled down at her. She grinned as she went over and sat down on the couch beside Fred observing the procedure. Which was just me, placing the bag of ice onto Fred’s raw cheek, he winced a bit from the pain. “Sorry.” I said lightly as he shrugged.

“This is nothing! I can take on much more than this!” Fred exclaimed with a grin, which caused the memory of Fred’s lifeless body to be underneath me. I bite my lower lip, I wanted to ask him how he survived and was alive today, but I didn’t want Clary to know that Fred was dead in the first place. Because I’m pretty sure she doesn’t know, and will never know. Even the thought of that happening for me, was causing tears to prick my eyes. “So Miss Riddle, who were you talking to in the bathroom?”

I blushed immediately from the sudden change of topic, as I pressed harder on the bag of ice on Fred’s face. He winced again. “Ah, sorry!” I said quickly as he smirked.

“Was it a secret lover? Who apparated once you decided to leave the bathroom?” he asked as I frowned.

“Of course not, I was talking to myself.” I replied as I blushed, that sounds so stupid, but it was the truth.

“Yourself?” he questioned as I nodded. “What did you, and yourself have a conversation about?”

“Private stuff.” I replied as Fred frowned.

“Ah that’s no fair.”

“Yeah, no fair!” Clary announced on the couch as I rolled my eyes at the two.

I then removed the bag of ice from Fred’s cheek after a few more minutes, and noticed the redness was almost completely gone. “There, Mr. Weasley, you are all ready to go.” I said with a smile as I walked into the kitchen and placed the bag of now melted ice in the sink.

“Yes!” Fred announced cheerfully, “I feel like a new man!”

I laughed at his outburst, “Well good, now let’s go, or else you will be late opening your own shop Mr. Weasley.” I said as Fred smiled.

“It doesn’t open, without me.” He grinned as I rolled my eyes and grabbed hold of Clary’s hand and then Fred’s as I soon felt the nausea feeling overwhelm me and then I felt the earth come up on my feet. As I immediately fell to the ground with a loud thud. I looked up to see Clary and Fred laughing at me, I was still never good at the Apparating. “Need a hand?” Fred asked with a sly smirk as he held out his hand for me. I rolled my eyes at him, but grabbed it none the less.

“Thanks.” I said as I looked to see Clary smiling up at me, “So Clary what are you going to do all day?” I asked looking down at my little girl who beamed up at me.

“Princess Movie marathon!” She announced cheerfully before running up the stairs to Fred, George and Caitlin’s apartment. I rolled my eyes at my little bundle of princess addicted daughter.

“Bloody hell, how many times can that little girl watch those movies without getting bored?” Fred asked as I smiled.

“Oh you have no idea Fred.” I said as he grinned.

“Well anyways, before the customers start rolling in; guess where you’ll be working today!” Fred announced as I cocked my head to the side curiously.

“Where?”

“The cash register!” he announced happily as I smiled.

“Yay!” I announced mimicking his enthusiasm as he glared down at me.

“Are you mocking me Riddle?” he asked as I smirked, slowly making my way over to the cashier’s post.

“Maybe.” I said dragging out the word as he grinned. I stood behind the counter as Fred leaned across it, smirking down at me causing me to blush.

“Why Miss Riddle, are you having a fever? Or are your cheeks always this red when the handsome, charming, brilliant, Fred Weasley is standing mere inches away from you?” he asked gloating as I rolled my eyes at him.

“Its just you Fred, goodness you make a girl swoon whenever you’re near.” I said with a smirk as Fred grinned.

“I thought so.”

He then went over to organize a few boxes and place a few products on the shelves. I bite down my lip nervously, I sort of reminded myself as Angelous. I groaned, I should probably tell him that I remembered a few things, well everything… I think everything at least.

“Hey Fred,” I said quietly after a moments of silence. He cocked an eyebrow at me.

“Hey Miss Riddle.” He mimicked as I pushed back a snide remark to make.

“I remembered a few things last night…” I said as Fred stopped for a second, he then looked at me as if unfazed.

“Like what?” he asked as I sighed.

“I remembered basically everything; I mean I think I did. A few things are a bit hazy and unclear still, but I remember the Malfoy Manor, Sam’s death, the battle at Hogwarts.” I announced as Fred stopped and looked at me. He seemed to be contemplating what he wanted to say.

“Well that’s great!” he announced, but his voice was hallowed, there was no true excitement in his tone like normal. “A memory is an important thing; you wouldn’t want to lose it forever.”

I stared at him for a brief moment of time, wondering if I should mention a certain time Fred and I were under a tree or about his death at the Hogwarts battle. I shook the thought out, if he didn’t want to talk about it, I sure wouldn’t. Especially since that dream last night was just too real for my taste. “Yeah, it is.” I finally replied, “I just thought you should be the first to know Fred.”

Fred turned towards me and smiled, “I’m glad you told me, if you ever remember anything else, don’t be afraid to bother!”

I smiled and nodded, as he switched open all the lights in the room and switched the sign from closed to open on the door with a swish of his wand. Soon customers were starting to pile into the room.

Fred’s words, however, still lingered in my mind. “If you ever remember anything else, don’t be afraid to bother!” I pondered on this, so there was still more to remember, but what?

________________________________________________________________________________

Well here you wonderful people go! :D I hope you like it, we are getting closer to the end! O.o dun dun dun! And this one is in fact the end of the Marley and Fred saga (haha twilight). But i hope you enjoyed it! I liked this chapter, i thought it was interesting to write. :) I like the other Marley in her head, haha, its crazy.

Check Out These People: 3DaysFromLove, xxTheDreamerxx, IAmFred, IAmGeorge, IAmTheWeasleysTwins, the_chosen_one, Georgerocks_3_2_1, CarolPiPz.

Song of the Day: Which to Bury Us or the Hatchet by Relient K

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.2K 58 12
[POST DH] It was that time of year again--the annual Malfoy Manor ball, celebrating the wizarding world's victory against the Dark Lord, three years...
296K 8.5K 53
Sixth year is over, The Battle of the Astronomy Tower has been lost and won, Dumbledore is dead. Everything in Olivia's twisted world is going to sh...
6.1K 102 12
The Battle of Hogwarts ended some years ago, Snape was buried, Dumbledore was honored and remembered, and Harry Potter, the boy who lived, is marked...
23.3K 530 49
"I hate you Fred Weasley! You are the most arrogant, egotistical, air headed, jerk I have ever met! You don't even have the common sense to see that...