Heathen

Da softsloth

"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a ma... Altro

before
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
after
Book 5 - His Redemption

|25|

39K 1.7K 372
Da softsloth

Barre

The way down to the cells is long and cold, I walk closely behind Elodie, holding her hand and offering my silent support.

She is my mate now. Officially. My teeth made their mark on her neck, my scent wafts from her skin, my kit might already be planted in her womb.

The sheer male satisfaction coursing through me is enough to raise my confidence and puff my chest out as I walk. Even as we are on our way to see Locanas, I am confident, although I still want to tear his head from his shoulders.

I no longer worry about him looking at her like she's his. Last night I took her, and she gave herself to me. Elodie is mine and mine alone.

As the Emperor's guard unlocks the door to the underground prison, Elodie shivers in front of me. It could be the cold. It is rather chilly down here, and we're surrounded by thick concrete bricks to keep all warmth and comfort out. But, I know her shivers are from something more sinister.

I grab her shoulders, pulling her back to press against my front. She turns slightly to look up at me.

"It will be alright, tiny. I am here. He can't hurt you." Not if he wants to live, I silently add, but don't dare speak it out loud.

She simply nods, turning away from me as the heavy door swings open.

"You don't have to do this. No one is forcing you." I murmur before I let her continue forward.

Elodie sighs, nodding.

"I know." She responds, stepping into the darkness without another word.

I follow behind her quickly, glancing around the dim prison hallways. When I spot Locanas in his cell, I growl, and Elodie swiftly grabs for my hand. As she squeezes my fingers, I wonder if she's doing it to calm me or to bring her comfort, maybe a bit of both.

The criminal stands from his small nest, clamoring over to the bars of his cell. His desperate eyes are locked onto Elodie.

The Emperor and Empress are close by, quietly observing unless they need to intervene. The Emperor has his arm wound tightly and protectively around his mate's waste, his li ng, ring covered fingers anxiously brushing the pregnant bump that holds his kit.

"You're here. I.." Locanas begins, but as his hands wrap around the bars, his nostrils flare. His pupils dilate. Our species has a good sense of smell. He's putting it together in his mind. Good. Let him figure it out.

Suddenly he stops, attempting to shake the prison bars holding him captive. They remain where they are, but Elodie jumps back in alarm.

"You took her! You bred her!" He yells, absolutely fuming with anger. "You had no right."

His accusations have no effect on me. What he says is true. My only worry is how his words may affect my mate. I put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her with my presence.

"That may be so, but I had more right than you." I chuckle darkly, pulling Elodie to lean back against my chest. "Unlike you, she asked me to please her. I had her consent to make her my mate."

Locanas glares at me, and I'll gladly take his anger. As long as his attention is on me, my little human will feel safer. This is always my intention.

"This isn't about him." Her sweet, lulling voice drifts through the cold room, filling it with sunlight and warmth. I wasn't expecting the amount of confidence ringing in her tone, but it's there and it's powerful. It's a display of her inner strength, a show of the way she won't let what he did destroy her.

That's my female.

Pride swells in my chest for her.

"This is about you, Locanas. I've never been able to speak to you. Now, I have a translation device, and you no longer have power over me. I'm not scared of you anymore." She insists, but I hear her voice waver the slightest bit at the end. I pray to the gods that Locanas didn't pick up on it. She needs this.

Locanas's eyebrows scrunch in distaste.

"I never wanted you to be scared of me. Never."

Elodie steps forward, too close to him for my comfort. I let her go anyway.

"Then why? Why torture me? Why follow me and touch me and terrify the crap out of me! Why?" She demands, fury in her little voice, bravery stiff in her stance.

"I didn't know. I am sorry. I... I realize now my mistake, and I know I do not deserve mercy. I can't be around females. I realize now that I don't know enough about females to have a mate. I don't want to hurt anyone else with my ignorance. Send me away."

I clench my jaw, wishing to end his life here and now. That would certainly keep him away from females permanently. I step forward to stand next to my mate, looking down at her face.

She has her infuriatingly tempting bottom lip wedged between her teeth in concentration.

Thankfully, the Emperor clears his throat and steps forward. He reaches out a hand to touch Elodies shoulder, but spots the fresh mark on her neck and pulls his hand back. He likely knows from experience how possessive I feel after making her mine. He glances at me meekly, and apology in his gaze.

The same can't be said for Locanas.

"I just wanted you, Elodie. How can you not realize this?" He says, gripping the bars that keep him captive until his knuckles turn white.

She fiddles with her dress nervously, and for a moment I think she doesn't know what to say.

"I knew, Locanas, trust me, I knew. The way you went about it was all wrong, you scard me. Your strength, your disregard for my fear, it was too much. In my eyes you were a monster." Her timid voice is even and confident despite the lack of volume.

Locanas's face falls. His jaw goes slack, and everyone awkwardly stands aside. No one wants to interfere, but it is n ot an easy thing to watch.

"You were afraid of me?" He asks, as if this is the first time he considered such a thing.

A strong part of me wants to burst out in anger at the idiocy of such a statement. Of course she was afraid of him! Is he unable to read emotions like a normal individual? How can he so easily ignore a females's terror at his mere presense.

"How did you not notice?" Elodie demands. The male twice her height shrinks, his spine curling as he hunches himself over to seem less intimidating. I've seen it all so many times 9n the battle ring. My opponents often tried to seem weak to throw me off. It never worked.

"A male, a male in the cafe told me that the way you acted, the noises you made and your facial expression were a sign of arousal. I was a fool to believe him, but it gave me hope, and so I convinced myself that he was telling the truth. I hoped that one as beautiful as you would want me for a mate." Embarrassment floods his face. "I was wrong. I am sorry."

Elodie stiffens, and the Emperor strides forward towards the holding cell.

"This male, what was his name?"

"I do not remember, I only met him in passing." Locanas looks down. "If you choose to execute me, I understand. I do not want to go on living."

I am unable to tell if he is being earnest. I will gladly give him death if that's what he desires. I wont make it quick, either. I would draw it out, make sure he feels every ounce of pain I purposefully inflict on his pathetic body. I would shatter every piece of him that dared press against my mate. Break every bone and muscle that held her in place against her will. I would make him feel all the terror he inflicted on her, and more.

My desire to maim is cut short by the soft touch on my arm.

"I'd like to go now." The sweet, tender words whispered up at me make me pause, glancing down at my mate as the heated anger floats away, replaced by a tender longing I only ever associate with my sweet Elodie.

"Of course." I put my arm over her shoulders. She leans into me as I lead her away from her attacker. He drops to his knees as we all leave him in the darkness.

No one speaks to Elodie. Jane eyes her carefully, as if she will break. She will not shatter though, my sweet human, she is all silent strength. I do not care if her threat level is 1. She will always be strong to me.

"We will gather later to discuss, yes?" The Emperor pleads, looking nervous. My jaw clenches. I want to speak with him privately. I eye him purposefully, hoping to convey my wishes while I rub Elodies arm in comfort.

"Dearest, why don't you take Elodie to her and Barre's den. I must have a word with him."

Elodie shoots me a tired smile as Jane links their arms together and leads my mate down the hallways.

The Emperor and I stand side by side silently, watching our mates walk away until they disappear around a corner. Now that they are completely out of ear range, I speak.

"He must die."

The Emporor sighs.

"I know." He rubs his face, stress obvious on his sharp features. "You must know that this new law will not work. As much as I want my mate to have a say in our ways, humans are so different. They are far too forgiving. I've kept my mouth shut too long. Locanas has made an unforgivable mistake. I do not want him around any females."

"I want him dead, your majesty." I insist, and he nods.

"Yes. It will be done. One way or another, he cannot be allowed to go on."

I nod, satisfaction swelling at his admission. As much as I want to beg that I be the one to end my mate's attacker, I keep my mouth shut.

Everything in time.

Hey all! It's been awhile. But I am officially back

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

44.8K 3.2K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...
97.9K 3.7K 34
Twenty five years after the attack of alien spacecraft, Earth is no longer the same. Not for humans, let alone for me, who was born from a human and...
155K 7.8K 97
Viktor didn't expect to be abducted by aliens when he went to school one morning, and he certainly didn't expect to be thrown into the alien equivale...
241K 9.7K 54
Highest Rank: #1 Alien 6-21-21 WARNING: This contains Xenophile (Alien / Human smut) If you don't find interest then that, this is not the place to b...