Purchased a Grave, Good for T...

De buskeecilel

John was a man passed his prime age working on a worn-out bookstore around the street of their small town, a... Mai multe

FOREWORD
Chapter 01 - John
Chapter 02 - John is a poor man
Chapter 03 - John is a forgetful person
Chapter 04 - John is a starving man
Chapter 05 - John is satisfied
Chapter 06 - John is matching chests with the clouds
Chapter 07 - John read a story
Chapter 08 - John deserves to accept himself
Chapter 09 - John got spoiled
Chapter 10 - Wilrin
Chapter 11 - Wilrin love to be praised
Chapter 12 - Wilrin to John
Chapter 14 - Wilrin wants to spend more time
Chapter 15 - Wilrin, John, and Jillian
Chapter 16 - Happy and Handsome
EPILOGUE

Chapter 13 - Wilrin wants to gatekeep

376 21 1
De buskeecilel

John took a moment to appreciate the poster he had on his walls, a way of calming himself down from the abnormal beating of his heart. They just finished breakfast and Wilrin said that he would wait for him and send him to work while John took his time in the bath to cool himself down because he could still feel his chest beating so fast.  

This occurrence wasn't normal to him, in all his years of passive living. He could get some goosebumps or skip a beat from big things from his perspective but his heart was beating so fast ever since he stared at Wilrin cooking for him or even before that. He wanted to shut his head off but couldn't!

But he braced himself to go out, behaving like normal when facing Wilrin but the young man saw how his steps became strange with his hands swaying in the same direction, he was waiting at the car and couldn't help but laugh to see another expression from the old man, "Did you eat tomato? Your face is red."

Wilrin was about to stretch his hand to touch his forehead John backed away, "I-I'm fine, it must be the summer heat."

Seeing no strange from it, Wilrin nodded, "Come in, I'll place the air conditioner on the highest degree for you." he said humorously and opened the door for John.

While on the road, John tried his best to look away from Wilrin because just taking a glance would make his blood gather around his face and he would look like a tomato as his heart would thump so hard that he wanted to just dig it out.

"Where should we eat later?" Wilrin suddenly asked as he turned to John.

John was playing with his thumb as he replied without looking back, "Anywhere you want."

Wilrin smiled, "Then we'll take the farthest this time, I found a good restaurant that served the finest seafood in town and I'm sure you'll love it." he said enthusiastically.

John stared at him again, his eyes lingered on the young man's eyes, nose, and lips. He knew he was gay but he never thought that at this age, he would meet someone that would be a threat to his predictable life.

...

"Hey John, the new batch of these men's magazines had arrived, want to borrow it first?" Mari asked but she frowned seeing John's lonely back as he swept their yard in much gloominess. She had been talking about some random things today but the man ignored her!

She clicked her tongue and threw a peanut she had on the counter, "Hey old man!" she already threw three peanuts when John finally snapped and turned to her with his mouth open.

"Wha?" he asked mindlessly.

Mari screamed, "Do you want to borrow these men's magazines—" but she suddenly stopped as she stared wide-eyed at the person who just arrived.

Wilrin just got off from the car and was walking forward towards John. He still had his smile as he approached John casually, "I already reserved us some seats, should we go?"

John immediately took his eyes off and tightened his hold on the long broom, "O-Of course."

Wilrin found his face red again, he walked a step closer as he stretched an arm to feel John's cheeks, "You're a bit hot."

John who already turned red like a real tomato took a step back but almost stumbled again due to his stiff knees luckily, Wilrin had a nice reflex and immediately took his waist to pull him back.

"Are you having a fever?" Wilrin worriedly asked as he went to touch his neck again but John could no longer contain his extreme emotion and pulled away from the young man.

"N-N-No, I'm fine. J-Just the summer heat." he reasoned out again feeling his heart about to jump off again and took a glance at the young man only to see his shining bright face with much-blooming flowers around him. He gulped and hung his head low again.

Mari loudly cleared her throat seeing the two in such an intimate gesture, "It's still broad daylight!" she roared, making Wilrin realize that his arm was still wrapped around John and immediately pulled away. He cleared his throat and said back, "Ms. Sanchez, I'll borrow John again." 

Mari snorted, "Okay child, take care of the old man for me!"

Wilrin smiled and took away the broom from John, "Let's go?"

And as Wilrin spoke earlier, they went to the farthest part of the town where the restaurant that served the most delicious seafood dishes could be found. He already researched about this beforehand and told Mr. Mark to rest for a while as he would drive.

John then turned to him, "You have no work?"

Wilrin smiled, "Why would I work? I'm the boss." he boasted.

But John was serious, "I read several CEOs going bankrupt because of their procrastination."

Wilrin turned to him and seeing that he was dead serious, he laughed, "Right." then laughed even more.

John frowned but Wilrin spoke, "No can do that, I'm on another level. I am the owner of the multi-billionaire corporation, it won't fall in my hands." he made a grin showing his proud face and John could feel the surge of blood on his face and immediately looked away.

The moment they reached the place, they were welcomed by the festive decorations and people. The place was well-lit matches how beautiful the ocean was just beside the place. John was awed, he never reached this place in his whole life more like eating in this expensive place!
"Mr. Jack." a group of waitresses lined up the moment they saw his figure, every business knew exactly who was the well-known Mr. Jack.

Everyone who dined in turned to look and John could only hide behind the young man but was pulled to walk beside him. He was then led to their table in a place away from the crowd of customers.

"Sir," the manager then gave the menu to Wilrin but as if it was a usual gesture, the man would automatically give it to John.

"I'll order as what he ordered," Wilrin told her and the manager could only nod.

John took a while before choosing the best ones and when he chose several dishes, it was then doubled up.

"Should we go take a look at the ocean later?" Wilrin asked as he saw that John already prepared his handkerchief and alcohol on the side. He understood that he was ready to use his bare hand to eat.

John heard him and nodded, "I heard it's good to see the ocean during sunset."

Hearing his enthusiasm, Wilrin curved a smile, "Then it's set."

"Oh my."

They both turned their heads when someone approached their table and immediately saw one woman with her luxurious dress and sparkling gold jewelry, "Isn't this Mr. Jack?"

Wilrin stared at her for a while but failed to remember her. The woman shyly laughed and went closer to him, "We met at that reunion party, remember? Jillian invited me."

Hearing it, Wilrin nodded and stood to properly greet her, "I'm sorry for my impoliteness, how have you been?"

The woman laughed in such delight and lightly tapped his shoulder, "I almost sulked Mr. Jack. I'll tell this to Jillian."

Wilrin just laughed.

The woman then turned to the other one sitting and her eyes widened seeing the most familiar person in the town, "Is that you John?!"

John scratched his head as he awkwardly laughed, "How have you been Neng?" he called her by her nickname made the woman seal her mouth in anger but then laughed knowing that Wilrin was listening.

"I prefer you to call me Lucia and..." She was Jillian's childhood best friend. She then turned to Wilrin and back to John, "Are you with Mr. Jack?"

John nodded that making her eyes widen, "How on earth..." she then turned to Wilrin in disbelief and went to whisper in his ears, "Do you know that this man was Jillian's ex-husband?"

Wilrin smiled, "I do."

Lucia gasped, then turned to John, "Hey John, do you know that this is Jillian's current boyfriend?" she asked with such a rude tone that made Wilrin frown.

He then clarified, "We aren't  in a relationship."

"Even so, Mr. Jack, it would still lead to that. You even promoted her to your company, gave her a condo, and gave them everything she wanted. Isn't this already a dowry?"

Wilrin laughed but he was already clenching his fist.

The woman then turned to John and tapped her folding fan in front of him, "We've never seen each other for so long, are you still working in that penniless bookstore?"

John nodded and smiled, "It is still my workplace."

Lucia laughed, "Look here, you never learn but it was already you alone so I guess your salary would just fit with your food alone."

Seeing John, She seemed more energetic and turned to Wilrin, "You see Mr. Jack, Jillian broke up with him because this man couldn't even have a proper job that would sustain them both." She was tapping her folding fan on John's shoulder, "I even heard some rumors about him. I heard he was homo, right John?"

John already stiffened hearing it and hung his head low, he was afraid to see Wilrin's expression.

But Lucia laughed even delightfully, "See? He was homo, a gay. I heard—" She was cut off when her wrist holding the fan was held all of a sudden by Wilrin. She shivered as he saw how dark and dangerous the man's stare was.

"You should check your makeup, Ms. Lucia. I think it's too thick and badly contoured, those who see you like this would get uncomfortable." He said with a glare that made the woman take back her wrist. She stared at Wilrin then at John and turned away with stomping feet.

Wilrin still glared at her figure and when she saw that she was nowhere to be seen, he turned to John only to see that the man suddenly stood.

"I-I think I need to go to the comfort room, I-I'll be back." He said without looking back at Wilrin and ran towards the comfort room Wilrin didn't stop him, he sat back on his chair and waited for him.

John took the moment to sit inside the cubicle to calm himself down. He was shaking as that scene repeated in his mind. He was afraid, he felt like everyone's eyes were on him, judging and ridiculing him.

He felt like Wilrin threw a disgusted look at him that even made him tremble.

He didn't want it.

He took the moment to calm himself down and finally went out, he washed his face and hands to cool his trembling hands and when he felt like he finally recovered, he smiled at the mirror just as he would always do and went out of the comfort room.

But he suddenly bumped into someone, "I'm sorry—"

"John?" he raised his head and saw someone very familiar, "It's you, John!" David exclaimed and hugged him.

"Hey man, I didn't see you there." He greeted, "Didn't expect to see you here! Are you with someone?"

"He's with me."

John was then pulled by Wilrin who seemed to have been waiting outside for who knows when. He was waiting for John but suddenly saw the two bump into each other and immediately embraced!

David saw how his hand pulled John's waist casually which made his smile stiffen, "Oh, so you're also here Mr. Jack?"

Wilrin's mood suddenly became foul seeing this another friendly old man, "Well yes, Mr. Kalman."

He then continued, "Do you want to join us?"

David gulped, his tone and expression weren't very welcoming, "N-No, I'll pass. I also have a meeting with some old friends here." he reasoned.

It made Wilrin smile and turned to John, "The food is already waiting."

John immediately saw the warm and fresh crabs on his mind that made him drool, and at that moment, his stomach suddenly made a loud noise that made Wilrin stop and then laughed so tenderly.

He rubbed his stomach, "I already peeled some shrimp for you." he said and pulled the old man who seemed to have forgotten his worries and frustration when food was already mentioned.

David who saw those gestures from Wilrin frowned as he stared at their backs.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

654K 14.6K 42
"Pick one " "Either die by this bullet or marry me to be alive " ~masimo Ian d'souza is a surgeon who saves the lives of people but unfortunately the...
378K 26.8K 101
"Is there anything you can't fix?" they all watched the man ask on the screen. "His heart!" Will yelled, popping some more chocolate into his mouth. ...
50.7K 1.6K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...
1.2M 49.5K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...