Burned

ssw_darling tarafından

Emberly Berry just wanted to get away, that is, until an accident with the hot fireman leads to a burning att... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY- FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE

FOURTEEN

998 27 0
ssw_darling tarafından

IT WAS LIKE GASOLINE MEETING A LIT MATCH. The gasoline being Alice and her father sitting at the table we once sat at an hour ago, and the lit match being, surprisingly, Misty.

It all started after Nolan and I walked back to the house, Nolan stood in front of the nice outdoor dinner table set- still holding me- standing in shock. I was honestly surprised he didn't drop me; I was more comforted by the fact if anything, he held onto me tighter.

John- Nolan's father- sat drinking whiskey at the head of the table, the rim held up to his lips as he took on the scene. Alice sat next to a man I haven't met before- I'm assuming it's her father- her perfectly manicured nails grip tightly onto her glass as she sends daggers my way.

As someone who has been burned before, I'm absolutely dreading this fire.

Nervously, I pat Nolan's shoulder- my way of letting him know to put me down- his piercing blue eyes instantly meet mine with an intense gaze before slowly putting me down. Nolan instantly steps in front of me, shielding me away from the flames.

"Nolan, please sit." The unfamiliar man says, his hand points towards the open seat that sits in front of him and Alice. His aura instantly makes me uncomfortable, he presents himself in a superior way. The way his brown eyes look at me with disgust has my stomach flip, his pointed nose is scrunched as he looks me up and down. Instantly, I feel Nolan tense under my fingers.

Nolan's fingers lightly grasp mine as he guides me over to the chair, sitting down as I awkwardly stand. I decide to take the empty chair next to him but apparently Alice's father has other plans.

"You're free to go, this doesn't concern you." I suck in a breath at the hostility in his voice.

I'm left stunned when Nolan's hand pulls me down onto his lap, his hands move around my waist- inflicting butterflies in my stomach at his touch- his firm grip holds me. Alice's face instantly turns into a scowl.

"If this concerns me, then it concerns Emberly. Do not disrespect her." Nolan's voice is so low it sends shivers down my spine, I can't tell if I'm intimidated or turned on.

Defiantly turned on.

"Son, you're disrespecting Alice. You're going to embarrass the family if you continue this inappropriate, rebellious game." I wish I could say John's words didn't break my heart, but then I'd be a liar.

"John Matthew Benson. How. Dare. You." Misty's voice drops lower on each word, venom dripping through her words. "Our son's happiness is our top priority, he's our son for christ sake. Your reputation will be nothing if you lose your son and you'll have no one to blame but yourself." Misty throws her napkin down, it's silent for a moment, the tension coming in like the fog over a bayou in Louisiana.

John slams his glass down, the ice cubes rattle against the rim. John's eyes look murderous as he stares at his wife, my heart breaks.

This is all because of me.

"Trent is my friend, let's not forget Misty how much you wanted Alice and Nolan to be together." John fires back, Alice's gaze flickers to mine as she shoots me a devious smirk.

"It doesn't matter what I want or what you want. You had your life, John; you made your choices. My son will get to live his life the way he wants, the way he envisions. If that's with Emberly, then he has my full support." The chair squeaks loudly as it slides back on the concrete, I wince at the sound, Misty stands up as she faces her husband head on. I'm terrified of the mother's protectiveness, but I have a newfound respect for her.

Trent's cavalier attitude shines as he stares at me, "See what you're doing? You're breaking up this family, I think you should leave." My heart plummets and tears brim my eyes.

He's right.

"She is my guest, I invited her into my home. You will not talk to her that way on my property." Alice fires at Trent, he instantly looks over at John.

"I'm only going to say this once." Nolan breaks the silence. "Emberly isn't going anywhere, I'm a fucking adult. I made the choice and I happily stand by it. I brought her home to meet you dad, your behavior is absolutely appalling. You didn't even give my girl a chance. I will not hesitate to cut you out of my life, your behavior is toxic. You're being disrespectful for no reason." Nolan's voice cuts the tension like a knife, his voice is strong as he speaks, his eyes stare into his father, void of any emotion.

"Nolan... I'm pregnant." Instantly my stomach drops and it's dead silent.

"See son, this is why we're here. Stop messing around, do you know what the town would think of my daughter? Of me? I'm the mayor for fucks sake. This is unacceptable behavior and you need to man the fuck up." Trent's voice booms, I can't bring myself to look over at Alice.

Nolan laughs.

A full blown, loud laugh.

"Good for you Alice, I don't know why you decided to tell me, it's not mine. We haven't been together like that in years. You're absolutely delusional and I think you need help."

"Nolan!" John's voice booms as his knuckles turn white because of the grip he has on the glass. It wouldn't surprise me if it were to break into pieces. I lean down to Nolan's ear, my voice trembling as I muster words.

"I think I should go.." I trail off, sadness laces with my words, this isn't how I wanted it to go. I selfishly wanted the dream of getting along so well with his parents that I could have another chance.

It's selfish, but I wanted to be part of something, to be part of his family.

"Nolan.. The baby is yours, don't you remember what we did at the bar a month ago?"

"Oh you mean when you tried to take advantage of a drunken man, you being completely sober, Erick had to literally shove you off of me. Nice try Alice, but I went home alone. Stop with your crazy stories." My heart races as Nolan's hands give my hips a squeeze-silent indication to get up- and I do, I get up quickly and fix my dress as Nolan stands. He instantly grabs my arm- a touch so delicate I'm shocked- he moves me behind him in a protective manner. "Father, you should really think about your next set of choices, because I won't be the only one in this family that won't hesitate to walk out of your life."

A scream leaves my lips as I flinch, glass breaking on the concrete instantly brings memories of Burke to the surface. My breath hitches as a bolt of anxiety rushes through me. "You're making a fucking mistake." Trent's voice booms as he stands, the glass he threw on the ground is in pieces next to his chair. My vision blurs as my breath continues to pick up, Nolan's concerned eyes are on me, a buzzing sound tickles my ears. Nolan mouths something but I can't understand him, he quickly picks me up and rushes me out, my body shakes with each step he takes as he runs.

Very quickly, we made it back to his truck. He puts me in the backseat before his large body joins me. Wrapping me in his warm embrace, he slowly begins to rock us back and forth, I feel the soft kisses on my head, the words he murmurs into my ear vibrates in his chest.

"I-I'm so sorry Nolan." My traitorous tears escape, my throat burns as I swallow the lump.

"Baby, I'm sorry, you have nothing to apologize for. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have brought you here." His fingers tilt my chin up, his blue eyes stare into mine, "Emberly, I refuse to go anywhere without you. This, what happened, doesn't change a damn thing between us." He places kisses along my tears before wiping them away. "Let's get out of here,"

******

Monday came around quickly, Nolan and I spent the weekend together. He just left for his shift, a heavy feeling in my chest has me unintentionally rubbing my hand against it, I miss him.

Never have I ever thought I could be so clingy, it's actually quite concerning with the intense ache in my chest as I sit here- coffee in hand- staring like a fucking creep out the window where I watched him leave. The hazelnut scent of my coffee engulfs my senses, fall is coming, quickly, and I'm beyond excited to hopefully partake in fall festivities with Nolan.

My mind wanders to the imaginations of Nolan in the cold weather, snuggled up underneath blankets- his hair sprawled out on the pillow- as his sleepy eyes stare into mine, plump delicious lips smile as he cuddles deeper into the blanket. Or him in a red flannel jacket, jeans, and boots as he takes me to the apple picking, we'd sip on apple cider as we bask in the beauty of the tree's changed leaves.

I hope he wants to, Burke and I- while we were together- never did anything. He refused to do anything fall, or any holiday festivity at all, he'd rather stay in and play video-games. Everytime I tried to go with a friend or family member the guilt tripping would happen, or the cheating assumptions.

I shake my head.

Fuck you Burke.

And fuck you mind for comparing the two. It's obvious Nolan isn't like Burke. Maybe I'm gullible or maybe naive or maybe I trust people too easily or maybe I'm brave enough to feed into temptation. To feed into want.

I deserve to be happy. I deserve to be cherished. I deserve to be wanted.

My phone vibrates.

From: Nolan Benson

Can I just say, your ass looked delectable in those purple scrubs.

From: Nolan Benson

Picture message.

My phone drops out of hands as the photo Nolan sent me Loads.

He stands there, shirtless with his fireman overalls, his head tilted perfectly to showcase his chiseled chin-I swear I go into cardiac arrest- his mirror selfie has left me completely hot and bothered. So hot and bothered that he's the only one that can extinguish this fire. I shake my head and quickly pick up my phone, I'm extremely thrilled that no one was a witness to what just happened. It's like I've been lost in a desert for weeks, in search of the Niagara Falls because I'm thirsty as fuck.

Why am I the way that I am?

I puff at the fallen piece of hair that escaped my high ponytail. My panties are completely soaked, I'm now horny, and I need him.

Hesitantly, I decided to play along. If he wants to send me a photo that lits a match between my thighs, I think it's only fair that I return with the same gift.

After all, I feel I'm a very, very giving person.

To: Nolan Benson

I need a year calendar with your picture in every month, I'll subscribe

My flirting is weak, embarrassing, but it's too late, I already hit send.

After a few angle changes, pouting face practices, and a self-esteem boost, I gathered the courage to send the photo. It's simple, I'm leaning over my bathroom sink, managing to tuck the shirt in the back to make it compliment my tits, the small cleavage is enough to be a little bit of a teaser. My boobs are far bigger than my ass, but I think that's why Nolan compliments my butt so much, he wants to make sure the pancakes aren't left out. I grimaced at my face, a bit cringy, I tried to look as sexy as I could, pouty lips and hooded eyes, it wouldn't surprise me if he could see how turned on I was from him in this picture.

My anxiety can't handle the wait for his response, so to calm my racing heart, I turn my phone on silent and slip it into my front pocket before running out the house. Mrs. Hoover sits on her porch sipping her coffee, she smiles and waves enthusiastically, seeing her makes me reciprocate. She's just a kind loving woman.

******

"Emberly!" Angie shouts, I jump at my desk, turning around I look at her amused expression.

"Yes Angie?" I laugh as I lean back in the chair.

"Nothing, I just wanted to scare you." She laughed loudly, slapping her hand on her knee as she bent over. It wasn't that funny, but I feel warm inside at seeing how happy she is. I look at the time and see it's nearing lunch, my stomach rumbles loudly, Angie and I look at eachother with wide eyes before erupting in laughter.

"You bet-"

She's caught off by the front door slamming shut. We both jump and look over, just as Nolan walks in, his stoic expression has me nervous as his eyes blaze through me.

"Enjoy your lunch break Emberly." Angie pats my shoulder before sprinting into the back.

Traitor.

Nolan doesn't say anything, he gives a quick nod towards the door as he rolls his lips, wordlessly I follow. The tension is strong between us, I can't think of what I did to piss him off. My fingers twitch as I tremble with nervousness. My heart is beating a thousand beats a minute, the silence is killing me.

As I push the door open, Nolan's quick to grab my wrist, the cool breeze makes me shiver as we make our way to the truck. I notice this truck is alot smaller, the fire and rescue reminds me of an ambulance. It sits on the side of the parking lot, the treeline sits behind the truck. He parked the truck in a secluded area, usually he parks it on the side of the exit.

"New truck?" I ask, attempting a conversation, but Nolan's face is still emotionless.

Nolan opens the door for me, he looks around while I get in, I'm too stressed out to notice he opened the passenger side backseat instead of the front, it didn't really hit me until he lightly pushed me more in so he could sit in the back with me.

As soon as the door shuts, the air is thick with tension. Nolan's usual bright eyes are dark as he slowly looks up my body, into my eyes. The look in his eyes as he looked at made me breathless, my chest rising and falling more quickly as he continued to stare.

"You've been naughty." He licks his plump lip as he moves closer, his spicy wood scent engulfs me as goosebumps form on my skin. His finger runs slowly, as he teases me, his nail traces the skin up my arm- heat pools between my legs at his intoxicating touch. "Lay down." His commanding voice sent a shocking thrill to my clit.

I slowly lay down- trying my best to look graceful and sexy- but that's impossible in such a small space. Nolan doesn't say anything about my clumsiness, thankfully. Once I lay down- my head at an awkward angle, resting along the edge between the door and window. Nolan's intense ocean eyes start at my eyes, slowly checking out my body, his eyes run down. Goosebumps form where his gaze fell. His hands reach out to the waistband of my scrubs, his eyes hold eye contact with mine as he pulls them down my legs, leaving them at my ankles.

Nolan doesn't say a word as he crutches over me, his hands run along my stomach, the touch of his fingertips ignites a burning fire in me. I bite my lip as I hold in a moan at his touch, he hasn't even properly touched me yet. Part of me thinks his teasing me is a way to test waters, to see if I'll stop him.

Which, I won't. I'm far too turned on for him to stop.

I've never been good at masking my emotions, I think he caught on because his large hands roll the sides of my lacy black thong, slowly he pulls them down to where my scrubs are. His intense eyes stare at the uncovered skin- my heart racing at the way he looks at me- his eyes snap up to mine as he bites down hard on his bottom lip.

"I'm hungry."

Nolan quickly bends down-wrapping my legs around his shoulders- his hot tongue runs a thick line from my perineum up between my lips to my clit. Instantly sending me into a shuddering mess at the intense pleasure. He brings his face up as he stares at me, gauging my reaction.

Nolan smirks.

He quickly brings his mouth back down, his tongue connects with my cunt, moving in large circular movements. He lets out a groan as he places a kiss before assaulting my cunt with quick short licks, my nipples harden and my back arches. I'm in complete euphoria as he continues to ravish me. Sucking, nibbling, completely annihilating me- It's almost not fair. It's not fair I get to lay here and experience this amount of pleasure.

I splutter, a sound that could be close to a breathless laugh, falls from my lips as his tongue darts in and out. A quick stinging on my cunt has me gasping in shock, my eyes wide and mouth parted as I look at him. It didn't hurt, if anything it made me more wet.

Seeing Nolan between my legs as he ravishes me has me close to the edge already. His eye contact, his devious talented tongue, turns me into a moaning mess, my hips involuntarily thrust up. It earns me another smack on my cunt.

"No need to be so greedy, baby." He says as he pulls back an inch, his chuckle puffs air into my cunt, inflicting pleasure. He lets out a deep groan before looking down and going back to expeditiously licking my pussy. His name falls from my lips repeatedly. My head tilts back as a wave of pleasure so strong has me jumping off the edge. Another sting to my cunt as me shooting up my eyes meet his dark ones. "Watch me." His voice is a whisper as he speaks.

Nolan lifts my hips higher around him as he scootches closer, I'm basically folded like a pretzel, but I don't care. "Fuck, I'm addicted to your taste. I'm addicted to you." His sultry, deep voice sends another shock of pleasure between my legs. I have no doubt that I could just come from the sound of his voice. Nolan slowly leans down, he begins to assiduously lick my cunt, his nose brushes my clit. He shakes his head back and forth as he continues to devour me, he begins to speed up, my legs begin to prickle as my toes curl. The pit in my stomach tightens and I grab onto his hair, roughly pressing his face closer to me as I ride his face. My body is losing control.

"Please, please, please." I'm full-on begging Nolan as he continues his assault on my cunt- he adds a finger- roughly moving in and out of me making me fall over the edge as I scream out his name.

His tongue slowly circles around me a few times, when his tongue meets my clit, I flinch, sensitive from my orgasm. He pulls away from me, licking his lips, he brings his finger up to his mouth- while holding eye contact- he licks away my orgasm.

Sweet Jesus.

"Good girl." Instantly I'm aroused again.

Nolan grabs my panties and pants and pulls them up, he's graceful and poised but I'm uncoordinated and clumsy. My way of helping resulted in me banging my head against the window with a loud thud.

"Oh shit, babe, are you okay?" Nolan is quick to pull me up as he looks around for any injuries. The only injury here is my ego.

"Yeah, I'm okay, sorry." My face flushes in embarrassment.

"You hit your head and you're apologizing to me?" He laughs, a beautiful smile on his face as his fingers delicately grip my face. I love how affectionate this man is. Nolan's blue eyes shine, with what I hope is happiness as he looks at me. My eyes wander down and notice his bulge.

I reach for his waistband.

Nolan's hands grip my wrists, I slowly look up to meet his eyes.

"No, no, no. It's time to grab you lunch before your break is over." His hand drops to my neck, giving it a light squeeze, his eyes gaze into mine before he places a soft kiss on my lips. And then another. And another. A giggle falls from my lips at his assault of kisses, the affection makes my heart swell and I'm eating it all up.

With one last kiss to my lips- of course with a charming smile- he pushes the door open and pulls me out to lead me into the passenger seat. He jogs to his side, then we're on our way to get lunch. Soft music plays in the background, Nolan's hand rests on my thigh as he drives.

It's cloudy today. Usually, I always feel that on cloudy days my mood happens to match. But, that seems impossible with Nolan by my side. My phone vibrates in my front pocket and I quickly reach in, I don't really feel like getting in trouble with my job.

My happiness is short lived, sucked right out of me as fear and trepidation hits me.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

141K 5.5K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
6.8K 767 59
#1 in Adultromance🤭 "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to fight off the feeling he...
1.8M 83.1K 57
~ 2021 WATTY'S SHORTLIST ~ "I-well, I..." I hesitated with my response. I wanted to let go. To not worry about what would happen in the future. I'd a...
890K 31.1K 26
WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST EDITOR'S CHOICE -- SEPTEMBER 2021 EXCLUSIVE CHAPTERS AND WRITER'S REVEAL CONTENT AVAILABLE - NOT A PAID STORY Appearances can b...