Perfect

NekodaDotR द्वारा

Scouted by a widely-known company, Savanna Green commonly known as Sunny is set to debut in an upcoming kpop... अधिक

P E R F E C T
K P R O F I L E S
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

267 32 6
NekodaDotR द्वारा

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍 :
𝗦𝗮𝘆 𝗬𝗲𝘀, 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝗮𝘆 𝗬𝗲𝘀
━━━━━━

𝑹𝑼𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑫 𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑨𝑴𝑬 𝑨𝑵 𝑼𝑵𝑬𝑿𝑷𝑬𝑪𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝑯𝑰𝑻 𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑩𝑨𝑳𝑳𝒀.

17 million views at the end of the 24-hour mark rose up to 50 million within a week and a half, all organic. 458k album sales. 700k+ listeners on Spotify. Top 10 on melon. Topping charts and passing senior groups with ease. Thousands of dance covers posted daily, to hundreds of YouTube reactors, to popular endorsements reaching out, to an enormous amount of coverage growing their popularity faster than any debuting group.

While members with preexisting fanbases played a big part in their success, as well as a unique boost of interest in Savanna from a few viral posts — plus being under a well-known company — their predebut content was the cherry on top. It showcased their raw talents, their true friendship when marketing wasn't on the table, and were applauded for their star-like charisma on and off stage.

Red Entertainment was also praised for their equal promotion especially with Savanna and for dealing with a mature theme while keeping it appropriate but fun, risky but trendy. Successfully spreading a message that being confident in your worth should come first before you allow anyone to shape you into their image of beauty, that no one's opinion matters but your own.

With her arms pinned above her head, the stylist finished taping the haltered bandana top with fashion tape, paired with baggy jeans and Air Jordans. Taking in deep breaths to calm her nerves and get into the head-space of performing, Savanna forced her mind to think on other matters.

Matters such as performing their last stage of Ruined before they start on their next comeback leading into their first album, promoting it like crazy and fuck ups were unacceptable. As with many stages before, this stage was broadcasted live. Fans from all over the globe were tuning in to watch their favorite groups and well-known soloists perform and hopefully take home a win.

One of those present groups were K.O.

It'd been two months since Savanna called Namwook a stalker and two months since leaving her on read. At times, she'd forget the situation ever happened until his face appeared. . .well everywhere, and she's reminded that she was one step away from a scandal should he expose her.

Calling Namwook out his name wasn't anything scandalous per se and she had asked a valid question without malicious intent. But if taken out of context — prone to happen when viewed by fans who insert themselves as judgment, pointing fingers elsewhere than toward their beloved idol who could do no wrong in their eyes —  Savanna should start packing her bags.

Due to clashing schedules and the group having to attend social events and various programs they'd been invited to, Savanna found no time to properly apologize. To see him even. It could be a sign to leave it as it was, which was perfect considering she had no desire to apologize. Too much time had passed and guilt faded along with it, but whether she was sorry or not, her career was on the line.

Once spotting him, Savanna would apologize, keep it short, and hope he wouldn't use it against her and keep it moving.

A soft knock at the door alerted the group to a short man with wide glasses, clutching a clipboard to his chest. "We're ready to have the group on standby for the interview while commercials are running. When you're done, follow me please." He announced, anxiously eying the large man — Mani, their bodyguard who body-builds — who stood just outside the door.

When came their insane growth of popularity and extreme fansites — and an incident where a saesang snuck into their dressing room — came the crucial need to hire bodyguards. Manager Bi and other managers couldn't shield every member with their bodies without being pushed through. The company received a lot of criticism on their end for failing to protect their girl groups properly, but they had long listened and hired bodyguards. It was simply a marketing tactic to garnish a reaction that they kept their names trending that later led to free promotion. And it wasn't the first nor the last. But fans sneaking into their dressing rooms weren't planned.

Manager Bi stood from her seat already motioning the girls out the room. "You heard him, ladies. Let's get to your places before commercials are over and give a great interview to boost impressions."

A round vanilla cake covered in pink icing and cherries decorating the rim with '마지막 공연 축하해~' written in white icing rested on the table. Confetti scattered and balloons floated around to the slightest of movements. A chuck of cake was missing and the air was still thick with smoke from blowing out the candles.

Rachel, wearing a bandana print jacket matched with printed pants, clutched an arm around Savanna's once the stylist was finished. "Two months flew by way too fucking fast. I haven't had a proper rest between music shows, variety segments, preparations for the next comeback and our first album — I'm starting to notice bags under my eyes." She looked into the nearest mirror to ensure there were no weird smudges even in the brightest lighting.

"You call them lines bags? It took two coats of concealer to cover mine and brightened my eyes so knets won't spectate I've died years ago and this is my body-double to cover up the truth. And I'm the maknae." Said Duri, passing by as she plopped a cherry in her mouth which Rachel had no comeback toward.

Savanna picked a cherry from the cake to plop in her mouth as she fixed her hair in the mirror they passed by. Manger Bi telling them to pick up the pace.

Rachel watched as she chewed the cherry thoroughly, staring so hard she was sure she was slobbering especially when Savanna offered her a cherry before they left. "I do. I want a big slice with three cherries but if I eat something now, I might throw it up on stage. Like have a whole Pitch Perfect moment where the clip could make national news, chopped in shitty edits, abused in fanwars, scare away my future wife — I'll ruin our reputation forever."

Savanna chuckled with the juices still saturating her tastebuds. "I think you're overreacting a bit. A little slice or a crumb won't hurt. It's better than having you pass out or worse."

"What's worse than passing out?"

"Death, I guess. Or an underlying condition that leads to death. So, yeah, death."

Rachel hummed. "So my options are fainting or death?"

"Pretty much."

Savanna attempted to toss the cherry stem in the trash on their way out of the fitting room but missed being jerked back into the room by Rachel. She successfully untangled their arms before losing her footing. Rachel rushed toward the table to cut a sloppy piece and shoved it deep in her mouth. Covering her mouth with a smile breaching beyond her hand, she looked back and held up a thumb. Icing rimmed under her round acrylics.

Savanna rolled her eyes while shaking her head, but was happy she had something on her stomach even if it wasn't fulfilling. She mentioned they were running on crunch-time and should hurry, leaving her best friend behind. Racheal footsteps were heard skipping behind to catch up.

Near the enormous performing stage where many heads of fans were seen holding numerous lightsticks from many fandoms and cameras, stood a built platform of two rows. Duri and Jihyun stood on the bottom row. Song-Yin, Rachel and Savanna occupied the second top row.

The staff member from before pressed in his earpiece when a voice came through the other end and gave a nod to the order given he relaid. "We need everyone to scoot closer in because another group will be joining shortly."

Leo, a sololist from Star Group, furrowed her pink brows while combing through her bleached blond curls, hissing in a short breath. "No one told me I was sharing the interview with more people? Why is there more? Will this cut into my screen time?" She stood on the bottom row next to Duri. By the agitation in her tone, the staff was baffled.

He was just doing his job and relaying orders, but came prepared with an answer. "It was a last-minute switch up, I apologize. Please cooperate as we're running out of time with only two more commercials to air."

Annoyed, the idol scooted over and the rest followed. She complained more about staring the spotlight and her skirt getting wrinkled.

Savanna would never get used to idols being the complete opposite of their smiley cute persona which they portrayed to the media. But it was the norm. To sell the perfect fantasy to fans who imagine an intimate relationship with their idols and put them on the pedestal, viewed with no flaws to be acknowledged.

Savanna paid no mind to the other group as their heavy feet stepped on the platform. Song-Yin needed assistance with her hair stuck in the zipper part of her shirt. She was focused not to rip out her hair in the process, unbothered by Duri's squealing, or the person standing too close next to her — and the soft Hey whispered seconds later in her ear.

The voice belonged to Namwook when Savanna looked over her shoulder. Because their group were squeezed in, their shoulders were glued together when she stood properly after helping Song-Yin.

"H-hey," Savanna greeted with hesitation like she hadn't called him out his name two months ago.

He crossed his arms showcasing his muscles through the fitted black turtleneck tucked in plain black pants. "So we meet again?" He leaned further in, his lips practically brushing the rim of Savanna's ear while pretending he was reading something off in the distance or spotting a fansite. "You look really good today. Always do. Best look so far though the jumpsuit will always have a place in my heart."

The jumpsuit she wore when they first met.

Namwook knew what he was doing and enjoyed the tinted color in her cheeks blending with the blush his breath caused. Her lips parted, left dry with no response to give. Was this a sign he wasn't pissed at me?

He removed himself from Savanna when the cameras started rolling. She snuck a glimpse in his direction and he was another person, a different character.  All smiles and giggles at the questions the idol hosts asked or anything they did just as they were trained to do. Given his casual nature, he didn't seem bothered about the message. Probably forgotten all about it or it was a waste of time to dwell on when their career acquired more.

Maybe I won't have to apologize after all?

. . .But if Savanna was taught anything living in Korea was that people could hold grudges longer than oxygen provided in a rocket ship. And though it may be subtle and they'll smile in their face and be tolerant of one's presence, they would shit-talk behind their backs until it reaches a level beyond forgiveness. Until they're locked out of their success because no one wants to work with anyone who has a bad reputation even if it was as small as forgetting to walk someone's dog.

The interview wrapped up shortly and everyone exited the platform and headed backstage so Leo could take the stage after another's performance. Then 4U4ME. Then K.O.

Namwook's head departed from his group down a nearby hallway. Before turning the corner, he found her in view, merely gesturing his head before he disappeared. He wants me to follow him.

Manager Bi caught Savanna straying from the group and grabbed her arm from wandering off. "Where are you going? The group is up after Leo's performance so I need everyone where I can see them."

"I. . ." Savanna thought of something quick. "I gotta use the bathroom real quick and I can't hold it in this time. We did a water-drinking contest earlier and it's pressing hard." Her leg curled over and squatted with a groan, hoping she portrayed a person needing to use the bathroom and not take a shit.

She released her grip with a heavy sigh at the stupid shit the girls do before important events and dismissed her. "Be quick. You have less than three minutes to report back." She threw up three fingers. "Three minutes. Don't be late."

Savanna promised she'd return within three minutes and sped down the hallway where she last saw Namwook. Passing more groups chatting or joining each other's challenges and staff members, she had no clue where ventured to next when coming to a dead end.

What the fuck?

He was no superhero with special-like abilities so where the fuck did he go? And how the hell did he disappear before her very eyes when tracking a tall man shouldn't be that challenging?

A pssting sound could be heard when Savanna retraced her steps to rejoin the group — Namwook's figure was caught from the corner of her eye, cracking open a door before he vanished. She peered around before stepping into a storage room filled with old mics, dusty speakers, cables and wires, and stacked chairs pushed to one side of the tiny room.

Namwook was leaning against a speaker after Savanna shut the door behind her. Silence flourished. Nervousness pit in her belly now standing in a tiny dim-litted room, alone, in an unsupervised location with a well-known idol who was also a man. She didn't think this part through.

Namwook cleared his throat. "How have you — "

"I didn't mean to call you — "

"A stalker?"

His brows lifted with. . .humor?

So he hadn't forgotten afterall? Had it been weighing on his mind too? What would he do next now that he's lured her away from help?

"I actually wasn't going to bring it up, but now that we're on the subject," a hand ran through his black hair. "I should start first by apologizing."

Savanna's brows furrowed. "Apologize? For what?"

Why was he apologizing for something she did? For something she should be doing right now?

"For leaving you on your read. You must've thought I was ignoring you but I wasn't." Much worse than that, but that's a better reason than gathering evidence to sue. "I was on set when I received your message. We were taking a five from filming a pool scene when I dropped my phone in the pool like a dumbass. I brought a new one afterward, but my manger claims I'm on it way too much and wouldn't give it back until the drama was wrapped." Namwook revealed a brand-new phone within his pocket, showing her the basic homescreen all phone had when first buying one. "As you can see, nothing's been set up yet. And filming ended yesterday."

His story made sense. And now she felt dumb worrying about a matter she had no reason stressing over.

With a nod, Savanna peeled herself from off the door. She felt the vibrations of whomever was currently performing and heard a few people pass by. "I guess it's my turn. I didn't mean to call you a stalker — well, I did, but it was more of an inside thought. I wasn't planning on sending it. . .until I did. Sorry."

Namwook remained quiet and there was no telling if he accepted her genuine apology or not. He just stood there in his own world before his lips were moving. "A year ago around eight p.m-ish, I think, I went to a hotpot restaurant with my friend, Daesoo. One of the hottest spots in Seoul during winter." He started and Savanna was clearly lost.

"I'm. . .not following. . .?"

More importantantly, what's this gotta do with anything relevant to the current conversation at hand?

"That was the first night I met you. At that restaurant." Namwook answered her confusion, smiling at a memory only he recalled. "You were with that Canadian member with the black hair — " Rachel. " — and you were wearing a white haltered dress with a greyish cardigan and your curly hair in a ponytail. You sat three tables down. I remember that because I was thinking 'she's bold as fuck to wear white while eating seafood hotpot'. No one in their right mind would wear white or trust their eating abilities with a meal already messy. But when I saw you, you had my attention the entire night. Time stopped moving and your smile had an effect that brightened the room."

After a short pause, he continued.

"It's corny, I know. It sounds even worse said out-loud and I don't know where the fuck I'm going with this, but in a city with millions of people and thousands of foreigners — only you managed to stand out. I should've gone up to you that night, and fuck I wish I did, but I guess I was nervous. . .and didn't think I'd be your type. But who knew the next time I'd see your face was in an article about a new debuting group under the same company? So no, I'm not a stalker. You just happened to come around when I wasn't looking and thought I should take my chance when I saw you again."

So his intentions were pure?

Savanna felt worse than ever accusing him of something he wasn't, but he couldn't blame her when she's dealt with all sorts of guys her entire life. It was only fair to think the worse before the opposite.

"Oh," she said. "I see."

In Namwook's defense, she remembered that night. It was the same night Red Entertainment announced they were going to debut as 4U4ME and she and Rachel went out to eat something tasty to celebrate. Other members joined later. The line was wrapped around the building and so many orders were going in and out. It was too late to change her clothes so she wore the white dress, which she was lucky not to have stained. She remembered the entire night but she didn't remember him.

He was just a regular person in her world before he made himself known and became someone far too high to reach.

Namwook pushed himself off the speaker he was leaning against but stopped when taking his first step. "Can I come closer?" He asked unexpectedly.

Savanna shrugged without thought. "If you want to. I don't care."

"I need a real answer."

She inhaled a deep breath to calm her racy thoughts infiltrating her mind. She had no idea what he was planning to do, but she also had no intention of stopping it. For now at least.

"Sure." Savanna replied, more uncertain than before. "You can come closer."

She grew anxious with each step Namwook took toward her, her pulse increasing at a rate she was convinced he heard it. She never made herself out to be a shy person, but when there's an attractive man desired by every age group staring deep into her soul, it made Savanna nervous as hell.

His little confession didn't help either. It sounded straight out of a drama, one he'd probably acted in. And it was a little corny as it was...charming?

With her having long slender legs, neither had to break their necks hold each other's gaze. His deep brown eyes were almost black, a dimple in his right cheek — like hers, but in both cheeks and not one. Scattered freckles lightened with makeup highlighting his soft features, and his round pouty lips were perfect pink. He was a 10 out of 10 on the outside. No flaws to be found.

"Can I touch you?"

Where is he going with this?

Scratch that — she didn't want to know. Namwook felt her hesitation and then cool air rushing between as she pulled away. Like that, her guard was up.

"Do you ask every woman that?" Savanna interrogated him and his pure intentions.

"I don't have time for every woman but one."

        "Including the ones you've just met?"

        "What can I say, I'm spontaneous."

He must've assumed that line would set the mood again and leaned further in to close the gap until Savanna shifted to stop his attempt.

"You must think I'm dumb as hell, don't you? Giving me that bullshit story about worlds stopping and aura's glowing, knowing that I'm the one with one glance? The Weekend could deliver a better line and the standard is already low." Savanna pushed him away, rushing for air the breathe that wasn't contaminated with his cologne. "I've dealt with my fair share of men desiring me because I'm a foreigner. Specifically Black. They hear all kinds of stories about us and they're tempted to try themselves whether it's true or not. To cut straight to the fucking part because who cares about my feelings, right? I'm just an object for experimental pleasure. And frankly, I'm not down with it or here to fulfill your fantasies."

Savanna felt no remorse ruining the mood and would do it again if it meant protecting herself and her time. Yes, Namwook was extremely attractive and she'd love to fuck him right, but she had no time being anyone's sneaky link or being with someone who didn't wish to build a serious foundation with her. Not to mention her career didn't have time for it.

Namwook took a second to recall where he went wrong and though he couldn't find it, he knew she was clearly offended. "I don't mean to offend you but I think you're misreading my intentions."

"What am I misreading? What do you want?"

"I want you."

Savanna almost choked on her spit at his immediate response. She was so used to men beating around the bush and lying to her that when she stumbled upon a man who didn't beat around the bush, she started wishing he'd lie a bit. At least then she could trust his honesty. The lies included.

"As what?"

"You decide."

"No, you decide. What do you want from me, Namwook, because I don't like wasting my time or playing guess-who games." Said Savanna, crossing her arms. "You approached me first so you obviously know what you want. A friend? A quick fuck? Friends with benefits? A relationship? You tell me."

Namwook mirrored her action by crossing his arms and tilted his head as she did but he was amused by this. By this conversation. By the bountries Savanna was setting. His lips curved upwards and she failed to see how any of this was funny until she read a different expression behind his eyes.

He wasn't making fun of the situation — he was turned on.

Not because she said anything inheritantly sexual, but because Savanna knew her worth and what she deserved. Namwook knew he'd have to put in more effort and time to be with a woman sure of herself. Someone who she could rely on and was assured his intentions were as transparent through his actions.

It must've sparked some motivation because answers started spilling faster than before. "I want to get to know you." Namwook admitted.

"Know me leading up to. . .?"

"The latter of your options — a relationship. A real one. No games. No fuck buddies. Definitely not friends. But something real if you'd allow it to grow. That's my intention."

Savanna wanted to believe him, she really did, but her experience with men fogged her mind to know what's genuine and what wasn't. But did wonder what harm may bestow if she were to accept his intention and allow herself to open up a bit more?

She was still young and there would be plenty of men in her life, but what if she passes him up and regret the experience she could have wheater good or bad? Two idols dating seemed surreal. Like a dangerous but thrilling game she wouldn't mind playing.

But was it worth her career? At the end of the day, If anything were to happen the fault would fall on Savanna regardless of Namwook's involvement. Was she ready take on that burden should that day come?

A voice interrupted Savanna's thoughts and blood drained her face. It was Manger Bi.

Her eyes skimmed around the room for a clock having no phone on her and saw it was past three minutes. "Fuck. We're about to perform and I can't be seen with you here." Her foot tripped over a microphone stand and fell straight into Namwook's arms supporting her. She snapped out of it quick. "Stay here and hide or something. Count to two hundred — "

Namwook blocked the door.

"W-wait, let me take you on a date." He blurted. "Just one date and if you don't like me, I'll give up. But if you end up liking me, let me take you on another date and another one after that until you fall for me."

        Confident isn't he?

Savanna sighed. "I have a busy schedule. Now move, please."

Gripping the door nob, she tried to push and pull him off the door to break free but he didn't bulge. He wasn't phased by her attempts and locked his legs inplace.

Savanna glared at him as though he'd lost his mind fucking with her career. "Boy, what are you doing? I need to leave. Let me out right fucking now." She tried again but he was stone.

"If I find a way for us to go on a date during your busy schedule then will you go? Just say yes."

"I'm about to say no if you don't move."

        "So that's a yes?"

        "No. I-I don't know. Move."

He smiled at her response before it disappeared, still refusing to move. "Just like you don't like playing games, I don't like be kept waited for an answer that can be given now." In a softer voice, he practically begged. "Just say yes. Give me a fighting chance to win your heart. Earn your attention. Prove my intentions for approaching you is true. You won't regret it."

She already was.

A part of her wanted to go on this date while the other part wished to get herself on that damn stage and perform like her life depended on it. And with Manager Bi's voice getting closer and with time running out, and Namwook not moving until he got an answer out her, Savanna had no choice but to agree.

A smile tugged his lips watching her give up her fight.

"Sure, yes. Whatever. If you can make time for me to go on this date then I'll come. And if I like you, I'll go on another. But if I don't, don't ever contact me again." Still not moving out the way. "Now can you move?"

"Yes, that's all I needed to hear. Good luck on your last stage, I'll be watching." Namwook removed himself from the door allowing Savanna to make her escape.

The cool air brushed against her burning cheeks, heart thumping out her chest, shocked at what just happened. And what she agreed to. Her and Namwook on a date? She'd believe a deranged person if they said pigs were flying back in the day than accept the fact that Korea's it boy asked a nobody with a struggling dream of success, on a date.

In fact, she'd love to see him try and make time without it causing a scandal.

"Sunny!" A tight arm gripped her wrist out of nowhere facing Manager Bi's hot chubby face. "Where the hell have you been? I gave you three minutes. You're about to go on in a few seconds after the host finishes their last comments and introduces the group. We gotta go, run!"

One last look at the room where Namwook currently hid, Savanna took off and ran for her life.

━━━━━━
A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

~ Rewrote this chapter many times, until I realized...well it is a 1draft and no work is ever perfect or fully completed. There will always be mistakes. And what I'm seeing others might not. So it's okay. It's all for fun.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

20.8K 616 36
**Preview** Namji: come here kitten... Tomio: no...n..no its okay. i'll just nap in my room. i turned and began to crawl out of his bed when i felt h...
565K 33.1K 104
❝Looks like we have a winner. Would you like to go on a date with me? Oh man holy shit...❞ Faceless Youtuber, Jeon Jungkook, has over 999K subscriber...
7.7K 161 28
Salem has always been a loner. She doesn't care about anyone but herself and her family...she doesn't want to care. Shes what you could call a cynic...
56 5 5
originally posted on my tumblr account!! --> https://www.tumblr.com/from-izzy/742232490550362112/wer?source=share "Now that's a mistake that I can...