Who Is Staring Back At Me? (Z...

De Uncreative_Writter

How does one go about..... how does one define who he is? Mai multe

Bio
A Great Day To Be Tired
Yuheng Who?
The Bear With A Gift
Funeral Service At Its Finest
My Teacher Is A What?
A Hard Learned Lesson
Adaptus Xiao
Last Preparations
It's A Date Then!
Back in Buisness
Pluit Draco
Frozen Fury
Quick question
Dreams of Snow and Ice
A Civilized Conversation
Mysterious Messenger
Distorted Play
Everfrozen Gates of Teyvat
Very extensive Bio
A Long Overdue Talk
[SP] Abducted for a Vacation
[SP] Tales of a Happy Ever After
[SP] Gallant Knight
[SP] Future Invitation
PLs don't be mad lol
Returning trouble
Serpent Skewer
Bedside Confessions
Unsolicited Interruptions
Hold on, wait a minute
Nail in the Coffin
Down the Rabbit Hole
An Underground Brawl!
A Tale Of Loss
On-going Preparations
Meeting of Four... and Me?
Time of Truth
Just A Few More Steps
Outtakes/Easter eggs

Cracks in the Seal

1.8K 102 7
De Uncreative_Writter

I'm alive! Also I got summer break now :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Looking around I was met with a very familiar scenery, well if you can even call it that. Surrounding me were familiar frozen waves that acted as walls, limiting my sight. Analysing my surrounding I noticed one major difference from my last visit here.

 The once endless void above was now filled with tiny stars, as if i was watching the night sky. The walls too allowed some lights to penetrate them, showing that beyond them was nothing as well.

Remembering that the last thing I saw before coming here was my sister being attacked and hurt by Childe made me uneasy, panicked and impatient seeing as there was someone here last time. Someone who seems to take their sweet time getting here. I mean if they want to kill me might as well call for them to hurry this along, not like it'll make a difference.

Y/n: "Look uhh whoever you are! I don't know why you keep bringing me here but I need you to stop anyway, my sister is in danger and I'd like for that to stop, even if I'd like to poke her with a sword myself but that's beside the point!" Waiting for a few seconds I was met with the same silence that seemed to always fill the space.

???: "Now why would I do that? I didn't make a contract with them just for you to be this stubborn, but I take what I get you know? It's not every day you get bonded with a still living person." A contract? With who or better yet about what? No that isn't important right now.

Y/n: "Well that didn't really answer my question did it?"

???: "Well I guess not but-" This guy I swear...

Y/n: "Then you better start telling me everything before I figure out a way to exorcise you stupid ghost thing." He better tell me now or I'm gonna commit liven't myself!

???: "I was just trying to lighten the mood, be mysterious and all, no need to be so mean to me. I've taken momentary controll over your body and am beating up Fatui as we speak, there happy now? I couldn't just sit back and watch when I knew I could safe her and you." Both of us?

Y/n: "I don't understand...both of us? Are you implying that-"

???: "Yes I am! I've been with you since you knew how to crawl around, I've seen your life. Its ups and downs and everything in between. So trust me when I say you would not have been able to safe her. Now it's about time i return the controll no? Also don't get scared but there may be slight changes to your appearence." He's been watching over me for all my life? Kind of creepy.

 _______________________________________________________________________________

POV: Zhongli

I watched in relieve as the clouds started to disappear, yet I also feel sad knowing that Liyue is ready to defend itself. Knowing the Jade Chamber was sacreficed because of my plan left a rather uncomfortable feeling in my heart. Despite all that I'll have to make my way to the Northland Bank now, I just hope Y/n wasn't hurt while doing whatever he did during this crisis.

Walking through the harbour however gave me another picture, a 'reality check' as some might call it. Wherever I looked I could see collapsed shops, flooded paths and injured citizen everywhere. It made me question several things.

Is the time of the Archons really over? Am I doing the right thing right now? What do I want to do? Who do I want to be in the future? With my mind debating I decided to watch the calming waters, thinking about everything that led up to this made me remember something, a contract. Thinking back I realise that I've never thought to search for an answer to Y/n's question.

Do I want to continue my mortal life as a consultant? As Zhongli? Or should I return to my life as an Archon, as Morax? Who do I want to be?

I think I know my answer to his question, but right now isn't the time to give it to him. I have another contract to fulfil.

________________________________________________________________________________

POV: Lumine

We did it, we actually defeated an ancient god! Looking around I saw that no one seemed to share my enthusiasm so I decided to celebrate later, with only Paimon. Maybe they aren't celebrating because of the lingering tension? I guess I can understand them.

Ningguang and Keqing refuse to leave the harbour in the hands of the adepti, being who've lost contact to the newer and advaced Liyue Harbour, meanwhile the adepti refuse to leave the harbour in the hands of beings much weaker then them. Why can't they just continue like they did before?

Madame Ping however seemed to have a great influence in this conversation, Ganyu as well, of course this was to be expected from adepti that never left Liyue Harbour behind them.

Madame Ping: "My dear, the three of you have become quite arrogant since you left the Harbour! From the long life I've spend amongst these morrtals I can tell you one thing for certain. The way you act right now will lead to them listening to you out of fear, not respect. Take Cloud Retainer as an example, who wouldn't fear a leader that threatens to destroy the harbour because of something outside of their controll." It seems Ping is just scolding the three adepti, I hope they decide to back off. I don't want to fight more people today.

Cloud Retainer: "One cannot allow mortals to rule Liyue Harbour alone! We simply intend to follow our contracts to-" Oh no she's angry now

Xiao: "That's enough." Wait Xiao? I thought he left already!

Cloud Retainer: "Conquerer of Demons what is the meaning of this disturbance of one's opinion." Why can't she just talk like everyone else.

Xiao: "I've met the mortals of today's Liyue, its Vision bearers as well. You've misjudged Liyue's developement by quite a large margin. They need no protection anymore. Surely you remember the mortal that appeared briefly during the battle on the Jade Chamber." Is he talking about Y/n? Oh right I still need to talk to him.

Cloud Retainer: "One rememers, Y/n announced the Fatui's plans. They reported an attack on the Harbour and destroyed the portals, allowing us to focus on Osial." Why does everyone know Y/n? Is he an adeptus as well?

Xiao: "Yes, not only did the citizen of Liyue help us but they also defeated the Fatui and kept damage to the harbour to a minimum. The last time we fought a god head on we had to relocate the citizen to this very harbour so I say we are no longer needed here." I would've never guessed this outcome. Xiao defending mortals on his own accord?

Cloud Retainer: "Very well if the Conquerer of Demons agrees then one shall not object." And just like that the three adepti left to return to Jueyun Karst.

Madame Ping: "Thank you Xiao, without your unexpected help it would've taken me hours to convice the three to return to their home. Now as for you my dear Traveler, a little birdie told me that a situation has arisen at the Northland Bank, one you shouldn't miss." The Northland Bank? Isn't that the Fatui 'hideout'?

Lumine: "I see, thank you for telling me, we'll be going immediately! Let's go Paimon!"

While making our way over to the bank I discussed possibel events that could've happened there.

Lumine: "But what could've happened to warrant my presence there?"

Paimon: "Paimon knows! Didn't Y/n say something about a trap that Childe activated? We saw him back on the Jade Chamber for a brieve moment so maybe that trap was the Northland Bank itself!" Wow that actually makes sense.

Lumine: "Well let's hurry up and see then!"

With that said we pretty much sprinted the rest of the way, only to be met with a worried Xiangling and a few other people that surrounded the now blasted open entrance to the Bank. Noticing that each of them brandished a weapon and a vision meant that whatever happened in there can't be good!

Xiangling: "Traveler you're here as well! We were fighting the Fatui in there until they somehow seperated us. Childe managed to hurt Jin over there while Y/n was busy destrying the portals and well he went balistic when he saw her bleeding. We had to flee in order to avoid his vicious attacks on Childe and the Fatui but he's still in there!" So he's fighting in there, alone?

Lumine: "I see so this was the 'trap' he was refering to back in the golden house!"

???: "You helped him defeat that Harbinger right? He didn't get a hold on rex Lapis body right?" Does she know about the Gnosis? Better not say anything about that.

Lumine: "Don't worry he did not get that far, Y/n managed to stop him with some kind of black ice from his vision!"

Xiangling: "That's beside the point! Zhongli already entered shortly before you came but told us to stay outside because of the possibly danger, but you can go! You're far stronger than any of us!" Guess one more fight won't hurt, besides Childe is way to weak to put up anymore fights.

Lumine: "I guess I can, but please return to the Harbour. There are many who could use your help right now while I try to difuse this situation." Getting a rather unsure nod from Xiangling I watched as most of them left, only a whit haired woman remained.

???: "Make sure my friend gets out alive." With that she just left, I couldn't even respond!

Turning around I focused on the misty wall that hid anything beyond the entrance, feeling a ever so slight cold breeze caressing my skin. It felt comforting, as if it was telling me I had nothing to fear. Taking another deep breath I closed my eyes and slowly pass through the mist.

Feeling the icy feeling leave my skin I slowly opened my eyes only to see a very enraged Y/n bombarding Zhongli who protected himself with his very overpowered shield. Behind them I could vaguely identify the frozen figure of Childe and, wait is that La Signora as well?! I watched in shock as I realized that he successfully froze two harbingers solid, together with pretty much any leftover Fatui.

???: "The destruction of my people is something I could forgive you, but handing out your Gnosis for free is going too far!" Whoever that is is not Y/n.

Zhongli: "I do not ask of your opinion and neither will you listen to my reasoning so I ask that you leave that body immediately!"  Well whoever that is seems to be able to aggrevate someone as calm as Zhongli, congratulations I'll go and get more flowers.

Y/n: "I'm sorry Zhongli, I keep trying to calm him down but he just won't listen!"Getting close I noticed that Y/n's eyes were glowing white, their pupil resembling a familiar golden star, though said star seemed to appear and disappear whenever the talking person changed.

???: "Damn right I won't! This is simply unacceptable!" His sudden shout made me unvoluntaryily gasp out loud, alarming them of my presence.

???: "You! Why are you here princess!" Unable to respond I watched as Zhongli used the moment of distraction to defeat Y/n's possessor while I remained wondering as to why he called me princess.

Lumine: "Zhongli what was he talking about? Do you know why he called me princess?"

Zhongli: "I'm afraid this talk will have to wait for quite some time, at least until my contract expires, until then I cannot tell you anything. However we should get ready, with that entity within Y/n knocked out the Fatui will most likely break out of the weakened ice any minute now.

Sure enough a loud shattering noise came from the two, not so frozen anymore, harbingers. While Childe seemed about ready to faint when he saw me glaring at him the opposite could be said about Signora, who by now seemed very pissed off.

La Signora: "How dare this imbecile interrupt! I'll take his head for this!" Yeah she's pissed alright.

Zhongli: "No you won't. Whether I give you my Gnosis or not, he will remain under my protection, the protection of Morax. You may have slimed your way to more power from the Tsaritsa but it will not be enough to stop me. Even without a gnosis I could eredicate you where you stand so I suggest you stand down. NOW!" Tricked again? First Venti now Zhongli? Why is it that I never realize something like that?!

Zhongli: "That which thou seeketh is now bestowed unto thee, for my promise is solid as stone." And just like that I had to watch as La Signora took of with a second Gnosis in tow. Turning around I looked demandingly at Zhongli, who in turn only picked up the still unconscious Y/n before walking past me.

Zhongli: "Don't worry, this isn't over. Once the situation has calmed down and I know Y/n is ok I'll make sure to seek you out and answer any question to the best of my ability. Until then stay safe Traveler."

Upon his leave I realized that I was once again at the start of my search with no help whatsoever. I let my frustration out on any Fatui that finally broke out of their imprisonment.

________________________________________________________________________________

Later that night, on a Fatui's boat

The stare of those all to familiar stars pierced Signora as if she was a nothing but a puff of smoke, their golden colour reflecting a sense of danger as they moved through the room, slowly stopping before her frozen, kneeling form. Gently grabbing her chin before roughly yanking her head up, forcing her to stare into the abyss with nothing but fear and terror.

???: "I believe this does not belong to you." She froze as he said those words, unable to move even a tiny muscle. Only upon feeling her bodily functions return did she realize that the assailant had left and with him the Gnosis.

The boat had already reached Snezhnaya, yet her body was still encased in black ice. The Gnosis was missing.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n

This update took longer than usual, sorry.

Anyways I hope you liked the finishing Chapter of the Osial arc! I'll take a bit of time to start with arc 2 Beisht, but you better expect the Siblings quest to be more prominent in this Story :)

Also I wonder who this ??? could be :3

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

147 9 10
ᴀʟᴀᴛᴜꜱ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜᴏɴ ᴡᴀʀ, ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄʜᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ. xɪᴀᴏ, ɴᴏᴡ, ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄʜᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ...
157K 5.6K 25
Y/n L/n was used to being alone, or having people leave her. She was adventurous and wished to see the world. Sadly, she wasn't allowed to. She longe...
61 1 1
A walkthrough of Zhongli's thoughts regarding the rite of parting featuring a certain |Name|... It could be you, it could be your OC, it could be you...
35.6K 801 18
The Cataclysm is mostly forgotten by people, except for the Gods and a few individuals. Those who were part of the destroyed nation were either turne...