The Bucketlist

由 pea0buttersandwich

When Bexley's editor Eva Mellon tries to dig up secrets on an impromptu 'Office Romeo', whose oblivious 'Juli... 更多

PROLOGUE: THE CIRCUS
#1: Strangers |✓|
01| BEXLEY'S A DREAM
02| OLD ACQUAINTANCES
03| GROUND ZERO
04| CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
05| DAYDREAMING A NIGHTMARE
06| DINNER AT HOOTERS, DISASTER (DATE) AT SARA'S
07| SLEEPLESS
#2: Employees |✓|
08| CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT
09| A SATURDAY
10| MY BOSS IS A JERK
11| APPRECIATION 1-0-1
12| SLUSH PILE AND DRUNK BOSS
13 | THE NOTEBOOK
14| SAUNA
15| THE BUCKET LIST
16 | ALTERATIONS
17 | THE GAME PLAN
18| STEALING
#3: Friends (or something like it) |✓|
19| CORPRATE CINDERELLA
20|THE KISS THAT CLICKED
21 |LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM?
22| UNEXPECTED EXPECTATIONS
24| THE CONSEQUENCES OF GETTING ALONG
25| GOING (WAY) OUT
26|THE PSYCHIATRIST PSYCHE
27| SORTING
28 | COMING OUT
29| REPUTATION AND RUMORS
30| SH*T*EST EVENING EVER
31| HEAVEN OR HELL
32 | SHIVERS
33| PARALLELS
34| KEEP DISTANCE, PLEASE
35| MURPHY'S LAW: Part-1
35| MURPHY'S LAW: Part-2
#4: Lovers |✓|
36| ALL TOO REAL
37| GETTING IN, UNNOTICED
38| STARRY SKIES
39 | OUT OF CLOSET
40| JERK DETECTED
41 | THE BOARD MEETING
42 | COUNSELLING
43 | ALONG WITH THE RIDE
44| LIES
45 | OFFICE KARAOKE NIGHT
46| HOOKED
#5: Soulmates |✓|
47|TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
48| SECONDS
49| REVISITING
50| BUSTED
51 | REWINDING
52| BACK TO YOU
53 | SMALL THINGS
54 | NIGHT OUT
55 | FALLING
56 | HALF OF THE TRUTH
57| YES OR NO
58| CATCHING
#6: Forevers (are flawed) |✓|
59 | SHIT
60| GONE
61 | BACK IN THE CITY
62 | REELING THE PAST: Part-1
62 | REELING THE PAST: Part-2
63 | WHO MAKES IT TO FOREVER?
64 | TWO MORE SHOTS
65 | CONFESSIONS: Part 1
65 | CONFESSIONS: Part-2
66 | BREAKING
68| WTF IS HE DOING HERE ?
68| IT'S NOT OVER
69| EARN IT!
70| (GOOD) NEWS AND WINE
71 | DANCE WITH ME
72| AS YOU ARE
73 | LOVE THAT MAKES THE NEWS
74| BACK HOME
75 | CONFRONTATIONS: Part-1
75 | CONFRONTATION: Part-2
76| CHRISTMAS
77 | MAYBE, MEANT TO BE
EPILOGUE : I DO, AGAIN!
THE BUCKETLIST

23| CHOCOLATE BOY PROPOSALS

30 8 26
由 pea0buttersandwich

'Brian's Bar' was a little more crowded these days. Friday nights were a sucker for poker, alcohol, and young love. Jazz music filled the air that smelled of alcohol. Every booth was occupied by potential lovers, mumbling sweet nothings in their partner's ears as the waiters counted their orders. Good food, expensive alcohol, and romantic moods- there's a complete package at your disposal if you ever stop by Brian's.  The whole place undergoes a 180° transformation after nine. The soft jazz turns into juicy sass. Kissing couples, drunk fights, strip teasing, and other things that shouldn't be named happen after nine!

"You know you should sell your business idea to Tiffins! I can't bear to see your talent dying with the kitchen rats, Brian." I told Brian.

"What we lack in the capital, we make up with creativity, kid! We need a few more crashing Fridays to take down Tiffins!"

He was as hopeful as ever. Uncle Brian, or just our plain old Brian, was closest to a relative to me in East Fordshire after I moved from Seattle. 

"Are you here to get drunk or on a date?"Brian said in jovially.

Us Mellons and our terrible sense of humor!

The years had roughened up on him but never on his health. His belly became two inches thicker than when I last saw him. He had brown eyes, like all us Mellons had. 

"Neither. I am here to meet someone. A co-worker."I said, not going into details.

 I decided on a table for two. A booth was for people who wanted to be touchy and feely with each other.

It was not like he wasn't going to find out eventually. Th e round wall clock struck 8:00. I had arrived fifteen minutes earlier after deciding on a simple summer dress- nothing too extravagant, neither too simple, just classy enough to tell me off as a desperate chic.

Five more minutes went by when the door turned open. 

A pair of sea blue eyes, brown locks, and a clean shaved jaw line... Hallelujah! Josh was here. 

"Hi there, Eva. Sorry for making you wait."Josh said in his husky tone, his lips drawn into a smile.

Black is his color. I thought.

"No probs. I just got in here too." I lied. 

If it were for Josh, I could wait for years. I knew we were meeting up, but Josh didn't tell me he was getting all dressed up.  So good that it would hurt if I didn't take a good look at him. His smile broke into dimples, and his eyes looked livid.

"You look great!"He said with a smile, and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Thank you. You look great too!"I blabbered, and he chuckled.

 I could smell his cologne.

The misty scent teased my senses, and his eyes promised me a never-ending dream. The air intoxicated with his scent and alcohol already had me a little high. 

"Two glasses of white wine, please!"I ordered for us.

I saw Josh shift in his chair. It must be of paramount importance for him to ask me out for dinner to talk about it.

"It's alright. You can tell me what it is." I said, taking a sip from my glass.

Whatever it was, I wish it were to happen sooner. I couldn't guarantee what was about to happen.

He seemed further lost in his thoughts. Oh, God! It was one of those looks people have when they have killed someone or are about to be killed. I swallowed a lump forming in my throat.More worried than ever for him. He looked gorgeous, but what's the point if he was about to die? Right?

"Eva, I have tried to tell you for a very long time..." He started.

Pity wallowed in my eyes.

"I know, I know, Josh. Please go on. I knew it must be real and happens to most people. Not as dramatically, but still..."I said with my hands clasped together.

"You know about that? Oh, God! That's embarrassing. I want to say it aloud to you..." He said, getting a hold of my palm.

Our skin brushed against each other. My breath hitched.

"Nothing is embarrassing about it. I am with you, always." I said, meaning every word of it, though not sure of the always part. But with him? Yes. Possibly.

"It is the happiest thing to ever happen to me!" I said.

At this point, I knew we weren't on the same page. What the hell was he talking about, Eva? Why am I so damn clueless? Did he literally kill someone now? Oh God.

"Eva...I like you." He said, squeezing my hand.

"I know, I know. Wait. What? You like me?" I nearly choked on my spit.

Holy Crap. He freaking said that he 'liked' me.

To make sure I heard it correctly, I asked him again.

"You like me?"

"Yes, I like you, Eva." He reassures, looking into my eyes.

"You mean, like a friend?" 

"I mean like a girlfriend." He said. His cheeks flushed a deep shade of red.

"You do! Oh my god!" I screamed a little too loud, and everyone turned to stare at our table.

 Was today the day when everything will fall into place? Is this nirvana? I could feel all the puzzle pieces finding their positions on the board, and this might be it.

"Would you go out with me?" He said, still staring into my eyes.

"Yes!" I said, and tears escaped my eyes.

It was finally happening! Joshua Harris had asked me out to be his girlfriend. Could I die happier than the woman I was then?

"You're the only for me." He said, and I could see a red flag.

 What happened to the Oblivious Juliet? The Notebook? The Office Romeo? Do I still need to go on with Will's bucketlist? So many questions... I gulped the rest of the wine in one go. 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

YOU 由 Ced

浪漫

223K 6.4K 25
You accidentally bump each other. And she thinks you're creepy? She thinks you're poor? She thinks you're a player? She thinks you're a lazy person...
482K 28K 75
Kidnapped, towed to a church, and wedded to a stranger; Ellis, an eighteen-year-old high school graduate has to find her lost voice and decide betwee...
22.4K 1.4K 40
"Maybe I should bring you home," he suggests. "Maybe you should find us a more secluded spot," I toss back, snaking my arms around his neck. "You're...
3.9M 153K 68
Love and hate get tangled in sheets when Vaughn and Claire enter into a marriage of convenience that defies a fragile and bloodthirsty family rivalry...