Battle of Hearts

Από purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... Περισσότερα

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 10- Surprises
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 19 Between Girls
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 26- The Best
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 37
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 41- Californian Dream

5.2K 236 4
Από purplebeach

From the days that followed Ally and Cameron's meeting at the lake, they had grown very close to each other. They used to meet in school, sometimes even at his home and even chat till midnight. Her day never ended until she read a good night message from him. Also, after that day she became more appreciative of their bond. She looked back on her past experiences and knew she never had someone like him in her life. So, she made sure she reminded him his worth everyday. And Cameron too never failed to pamper her.

He inquired every day about whether she was eating properly and behaving well with her family. It was very new for her to share such trivial information with someone and it took awhile to really open up to him. But still she had a tiny bit of hesitation when it came to disclosing her deepest secrets. She hoped it would dissipate with time and she could be as outspoken as him because he shared almost every important thing with her. From his dinner to his innermost fears. From his feelings to his dreams. From his misery to his joy. She was the only privileged recipient of that information.

After that day, suddenly getting into USC became very important to her. She wanted to remain happy by being close to him. It was the fourth friday of April, she will always remember it, when she heard her phone light up as a new email popped up. That day she had returned exhausted from school and her parents were at work. She knew without seeing from whom it was- The Admission Offices at USC. She scanned through the contents slowly, her heart racing in her chest, she read every important word that would determine her future. Their future.

She couldn't believe her eyes and her mouth fell open from the shock. She read it once, twice, thrice and a thousand more times till it sank in.

She got it. She got in.

But she didn't get the scholarship. Not even 20 percent of it.

After a few moments in shock paralysis the letters on the screen started becoming blurry. She wiped away the water before it could fall. She knew the consequences of not getting the scholarship. It meant no college, no future, no love.

Her mother knew about the announcement that the university was sending out replies so she called soon after the deadline passed. Ally didn't know how to tell her the disheartening truth but she picked up her courage and answered the phone.

Her voice was heavy with the tears she was holding back. "Mom, I got in… But" She choked, "But I didn't get the scholarship."

"Oh it's okay, Ally. The great thing is you got in." Her mother's voice lacked any disappointment she thought it would have. She added, "Cheer up. You'll still go, my baby."

"But…I-I didn't get the scholarship. We can't afford it."

"We're going to pull some more out of the savings or we could take a loan.  Really don't worry about it, we work hard just for you. You'll be going to California. Now we'll discuss this in detail when I get home, okay?" Her mom hung up saying the final words of encouragement. She was hopeful again but still not sure if her parents could afford it. The university is known for having world class business courses she was highly interested in but that could really affect her family financially and she didn't want to be a burden on them.

Pushing aside her dilemma she lived up to her promise to Cameron and texted him about the result. She also mentioned that she didn't get the scholarship but he overlooked that very important point.

I knew it! Oh my god I'm so proud of you baby! Congratulations! -C

Thanks but it's not yet confirmed yet whether I would be going or not since I didn't get the scholarship. -A

She was feeling a little embarrassed to share her financial problems with someone who was filthy rich. He probably didn't understand how hard studying in college can be because he was getting a full scholarship that he didn't even need. It was very unfair and she was embarrassed to admit being envied by the wealth his family had. Especially during these times when she realized her family was plainly poor as compared to his.

But why? You can't miss this chance! -C

I know. But let's see what my parents think. -A

Okay. But I'm begging you please accept the offer. -C

Ally put aside her phone feeling even more exhausted. Her head was pounding with so many things happening simultaneously. She had so many people to think about to take this decision. First was her parents, whether they can actually afford that much toll on their income. There was her own desire to attend such a great university, learn her favorite subjects and be in the city of dreams. Then, there was Cameron whom she wanted to be with and that was possible only if she accepted the offer.

Strangely, she dozed off on the couch for two hours. When she woke up her head felt heavy and she struggled to separate herself from the couch. The lights were on, that meant someone was home. She went up to kitchen and found her mom juggling between various cooking pots.

Her mother noticed her zombie walk into the refrigerator. "Oh you're awake. Look, I bought pastries for you to celebrate."

The thought of delicious sweet cakes made her wander her eyes like a hungry bear. She found her prey on the kitchen counter and attacked it with great vigour. After eating something her brain started functioning again and she asked, "Mom… Can we really afford me going to a private university?"

"Sweetie, do you really want to go?"

"Yes. But-"

Her mother cut her off, "Then don't worry we'll pull some more out of my savings and get a loan if something's still left. And you'll pay for it when you get a job."

She liked the idea, now that her own mind suggested other ways. "I can work part time job there to meet my personal expenses. That way you don't have to spend extra money on me."

"Great. So it's sorted you're going to USC! Your father's gonna be so happy!" After years, she excitedly hugged and patted Ally on the back of the head. She had noticed the shine, the joy beneath the tiredness that her mother carried in her eyes. That hug worked magically, relaxing her nerves, liberating her spirit and erasing negativity out of her mind.

The following night was the best night of the year- even better than Christmas. That night her mother cooked a big meal and her father came relatively early bringing dozens of cookies, cakes and chocolates. They ate together and discussed on Ally's supposedly safe future in a great college. She hadn't experienced a positive family discussion about her in years. Usually they would talk about the uncertain future of her brother or her unwillingness to take up a major in science. She even received a congratulatory call from Alex. He told her the awesome pros and tormenting cons of college life.

She happily went to bed and texted Cameron the good news.

That's freaking great, Parker. I'm so proud of you that I want to kiss you and hug you right now! -C

I'm sending virtual hugs and kisses to you. -A

She typed grinning from cheek to cheek.

I wish I was there with you right now. -C

Then come I'll keep the balcony door open for you. -A

She challenged him since she knew he would never actually come through the balcony at midnight because he was a parents pet and a sucker for rules. He followed his parents commands and never left his home after eleven unless it was an emergency.

Actually I can't. My parents are home tonight and my back and head hurt. -C

What happened to your back and head? -A

Well, you know that time I hurt my back during a game? That still hurts a lot sometimes. And my head,of course, because of migraine. -C

Miller, I think you should get that back checked. It's been a really long time. Go to sleep we can talk tomorrow. -A

I'm fine. Mom gave a hot water bottle. And I want to talk to you it's distracting from the pain. -C

Okay, fine. -A

Hey, do you remember that morning when I climbed into your room and you had just come out of the shower? -C

Of course, I was half naked that time. And why the hell did you do that? -A

She remembered it so well like no time had passed. She remembered the embarrassment she felt standing there in a towel while he was shamelessly roaming his eyes all over her body. That moment she hated his guts but she didn't knew that things would change eventually.

I just wanted to see the surprised look on your face especially because you didn't like me at all that time. -C

Haha, that's true. Do you remember the day before that when we blasted the radio and sang in your car? -A

He remembered it too and just like that they discussed the old times with humor and melancholy. His ice bucket prank, then her retaliation in the form of a life threatening chili prank, their first slow dance, the two times she got drunk and he took care of her, sleeping together in the back benches in Chemistry, crashing his father's favorite car, their first real hug after Vikings won the tournament and the countless times they fought and laughed with each other.

Feeling nostalgic by their conversation she realized what a memorable school year it had been. Probably the best in her school life. And then it hit her that all these times will not last in a month. There would be no late night talks, no chatter, no pranks, no detentions, no basketball and no stupid school dances. It was all coming to an end and surprisingly she was really sad. Never had she thought she would miss her incredible but moronic friends. They made her senior year unforgettable. Yet she had a very special person who deserved to be mentioned. Cameron Fucking Miller.

Thanks, Parker for always being there to calm my nerves during games. I don't know what am I going to do in college without you. -C

I'm still gonna be there for you just not that much. And thank you for always being there for my stubborn ass. :-) -A

Aww, you're going to make me cry now. I'm going to miss this so much. I'll miss you the most. -C

Don't cry you bonehead and I'll miss you too. But don't worry we'll be in touch our colleges won't be that far. -A

She typed with a conviction she didn't feel. No matter how much she tried to decorate it, both of them were aware of the truth. College can be too stressful to maintain a relationship. With new friends, new environment and a new city, things would change in a breeze. An old relationship in a new phase of life sounded unlikely to succeed. Although they had not discussed their future together, she thought it would be practically impossible. But she didn't bring it up as he was already feeling sentimental.

I hope so. You're a very special person to me and I hope you know that. -C

She didn't argue with her mind and tried to detect a flaw in his words; she just laid peacefully smiling at her screen.

Haven't heard that in a while so it's nice to know. -A

He texted her that sleep was slowly consuming him so she said her goodnight and went to sleep with a wide smile on her face. The cool desert wind enveloped her and she plunged into the land of happy dreams. Finally, it felt like everything was going well in her life.

*

Next Monday, the news had spread in her friend circle that she was going to USC. They were all gathered at her locker waiting to congratulate her. She knew from the look Cameron gave, that it was his master plan to tell their friends.

"Wow. Congrats, Ally. So California, huh? Oh my, you're gonna enjoy those shirtless tanned guys." Becky said glinting as she was probably imagining a beach full of shirtless guys.

"That's exactly one of the reason I applied there." Ally replied showing equal excitement to the proposal.

"Excuse me, you're forgetting the hot bikini California gurls that my bro..." Ryan got offended by the mention of only hot guys and brought Cameron into a side hug. "Cam is going to experience. Buddy, I'm going to visit you more often than you think."

"Yeah, sure. That's exactly what I plan to do- stalk hot girls."  He sarcastically said.

"It's great Ally that you already have one friend there. " Haley added.

"Yeah it would be easier... Enough about Cali what about you guys? You're going to Phoenix right, Luke?" She looked at Luke giving a remorseful glance to Haley. "Ry and Haley are staying here. And Becky, did you hear from Michigan?" She blabbered as she tried to remember each of her friends' plan. She had been feeling ousted from the group for awhile as she was too focused on her own life.

"Yeah. I got in last week." Becky informed her. She congratulated her and Becky added, "But you, my friend have to swear that you'll make a hot Cali guy your boyfriend."

Ally took a glimpse of her boyfriend observing her reaction. "Sure."

"Yay!" Her friend celebrated.

"Wait guys, what about prom?" Haley injected a very unwanted topic for her but an anticipating topic for the rest. "Are you guys going?" She further asked.

"Yeah." She heard agreements from her five friends. "Ry, you got a date?" She asked snorting.

"Yes. Why is that so hard to believe?!" They laughed but he threw up his hands in the air. He was frustrated by hearing the constant comments over and over again doubting his dating skills.

"Why don't you come too? It'll be fun!" Haley pleaded showing her deep blue eyes.

"You know her answer…" Cameron started and she was quite stunned hearing him speak. "It's going to be a no." He added stretching the wan corners of his lips.

She didn't say anything and only heard the refutes of her friends and observed the depressed and annoyed expressions of Cameron. She could see that he really wanted her to accompany him to the prom. Yet, he was diligent in making sure he didn't force her to change her decision.

But his saddened face made her heart melt and forced her to take a decision she hoped she wouldn't regret. A decision which was against her principles but would bring a smile on his face. And eventually a smile on hers too.

When someone's happiness becomes more important than your own it's quite obvious that you are on board of the strongest, quickest, most powerful and expensive flight to love- which can either fix your broken pieces or shatter them even more for an unforeseeable period of time. When someone is in love they either fall in love or rise in love. They may come out to be a better or a broken person.

The question was whether Ally was ready to welcome herself into this risky but rewarding journey. Was she ready to be in love?

-
A/N: Hey guys! Let me know what you thought about this chapter I love to hear from you guys! Thanks for reading.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

134K 5.9K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
A Summer's Secret Από Ree

Εφηβική Φαντασία

189K 7.2K 40
Secrets come with a price. Asia Cassidy is about to learn that secrets aren't free (and are not that easy to keep either). Once you're in it, there...
More Than Just That Από Mhaya Ry

Εφηβική Φαντασία

4.8K 664 54
Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened to want directions to the Principal's o...
1.7M 6.6K 2
Love is fragile. [A Wattpad Featured Story] Copyright © 2015 by Emily Slough. All Rights Reserved. ROM | 29