Dangerous Love (Volturi Kings...

Amera_Goldspin tarafından

Madeline Swan's life was average. Friends, High-school, and the typical party here and there. But when her co... Daha Fazla

The Beginning
Vampire Rollercoaster
Hidden Truths
Reunited
Sushi Night
The Gaurd
Late Nights
Partners in Crime
Mission Completed
A Regular Monday
Alec Knows Best
Coffee in Seattle
The Meeting
Blue
First Date
Nature Walk
Confrontation
Apologies
Tendencies
Arrangement
My Treasure
Red Skies and Black Mountains
Remembrance
Sisterly Bonds
Loose Ties
Vampire on Ice
A Thousand Stars
Homer's Star Brad Pitt
Attachment
Countdown
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Woods
Angel
Pain
Divulgence
Heading Nowhere
Wager
Dangerous Deceptions

Leech

5K 130 9
Amera_Goldspin tarafından

 I couldn't sulk for even a minute before Alice sent me a text message, letting me know that she was twenty minutes away from my place, adding an overuse of exclamation points at the end of her message.

I wouldn't say I didn't like Alice. I just wasn't close to her. I think she enjoyed Bella's company more than she did with me. Whenever Rosalie and I would hang out, she would sometimes tag along, but we never went out of our way to hang out.

I let out a sigh and headed toward Bella's room. If I remember correctly, Bella had a brown zip-up hoodie that I wanted. If I was lucky enough, I could skip any tension from our previous fight. That way, I could convince Bella to come to tag along with me.

Bella's door was closed with soft music reaching my ears. I take a deep sigh and head into her room.

" Linkin Park?" I say as I barge in her room.

Bella turned her desk chair around to face me, revealing her desk full of paper and books.

"Yeah," She answered, pulling her lips into a tight line.

"Alice is coming to babysit. Are you joining?" I question, moving towards her closet.

I could hear the slight stutter in her voice as she tried to come up with a response.

" I'll have to pass...next time?"

"Yeah, that would be nice," I reply to her.

We fell into an awkward silence. Bella concentrated on her assignments while I rummaged through her various sweaters before finding what I needed.

"I'll talk to you later Bells," I say as I head out.

Before I could make it out completely, Bella stopped me. "Make sure you give that back, Maddi." She said with a peeved tone.

I paused and turned my head over my shoulder. "I'll return it in perfect condition."

I gave her a cheeky smile when Bella didn't reply to my comment. Bella slightly scoffs at my antics, giving me a look of doubt. Then, shortly, she resumed her attention to her work.

"Hey, Bella," I start, turning back from her door.

Bella looks over her shoulder, revealing a confused look, "Yeah?"

Memories flash through my mind, reminding me of the aftermath of our fight. The aftermath caused Bella to be essentially booted out of the house because of me. She was already on thin ice with Charlie, and her lack of presence wasn't helping her case.

"I—um, never mind, thanks," I stammer out, slightly raising the hoodie.

Maybe it was best to leave our fight in the past. I was already on some formal level with Bella. Confronting our values right now would only make things worse.

Bella shakes her head " No problem."

My phone rings, informing me that Alice is waiting for me. I quickly put on the borrowed zip-up hoodie. Oddly, I felt the need to make sure I perfectly tied my shoes. It was then that I realized I was delaying my meeting with Alice.

I didn't understand why I couldn't just stay in my house all day. It seemed I hadn't had time for myself in months. Maybe the faster I get to Alice, the sooner it's done. Perhaps I could ditch them somewhere?

I couldn't think that. I wasn't quite sure how Alice received visions. Rosalie never went into much detail in any of the Cullen's gifts. From my understanding, her visions were like that tv show called That's So Raven.

"Bye, Bella!" I yell out, not waiting for an answer as I make my way out the door.

Alice was in her Porsche, giving me a wave. Beside her was Jasper in the passenger seat. I didn't picture him wanting to tag along. I figure it would be Alice babysitting me, but I suppose being the third wheel could help.

"Hey Maddi, it's been a while," Alice's cheerful voice greeted me.

I gave her a tight smile in response. "Seems like it."

Alice's cheerful attitude didn't falter from my response. "I thought it would be fun to stop by some of the stores downtown."

"Before we go, can we stop at the diner?" I asked. It was already past five, and I knew I would be raging if I didn't eat dinner.

She looks at Jasper, shooting him an encouraging smile before facing me. "Sure, but let's be quick."

"Quick, is my middle name," I mutter, buckling my seat.

Riding with Alice was swift. She wasn't keen on following the speed limits and insisted on keeping eye contact with me whenever she found a topic to discuss; her favorite topic was my weekend.

She would receive angry gestures and honks; Alice would exchange them with a smile. I wondered how I was able to remain calm with her erratic driving. I chalked it down to her being a vampire with a psychic gift.

Alice managed to make a fifteen-minute drive to a five-minute drive. The minute she parked the car, the idea of enduring her driving any longer caused me to jump out of the car nearly.

"Will you be joining me?" I asked, pulling at my hoodie strings.

Alice gave Jasper a smirk. "Of course, eating alone wouldn't be very fun," walking towards the entrance with a bounce in each step, her hand entwined with Jaspers.

Did she think I was going to ditch? I think to myself as they walk ahead of me.

Alice's interaction with Jasper intrigued me. Jasper constantly looked in pain. But, in contrast to Alice, she always had a cheerful attitude. Jasper never really spoke to me, so it was hard to figure him out, but he seemed relaxed when he was with Alice. From what I gathered, he also seemed to be more of an observer than a talker.

I shook my head and followed them to the diner. I was grateful that the restaurant wasn't too busy. A couple of people scattered through the small diner, but everyone seemed happy enough to enjoy a semi-private meal.

The entrance had a host stand with a sign telling us to seat ourselves. I wasted no time finding a booth to fit us. Our booth was red with silver accents. Every table had an acrylic table with old newspaper and retro stickers underneath the glass. The menus were in a container that also held the condiments.

"So, how was your company?" Alice asked, giving me a closed smile that reached her eyes.

I rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"See, there was nothing to worry about," she chided, seemingly reassured that handing me off was a perfect solution.

" I think it is too soon to say, regardless of your...gift," I replied, directing my attention to the menu laid out.

Alice pursed her lips, " Madi—"

"How long do you have to babysit me," I asked her. Alice looked taken back but displayed a more forced smile.

" I wouldn't call it babysitting. I see it as spending time with each other. I haven't seen you since Seattle." Alice spoke breezily.

"Hello, my name is Jared. Can I start you off with anything?" our waiter spoke, breaking my chance to respond to Alice.

"I'll just get a water and the chicken wrap," I replied, smiling at him.

The waiter gave me a nod and turned his attention to Alice and Jasper. "And for you?"

"Just water please," Alice replied, giving her signature smile to him.

"I'll have the same," Jasper spoke out with a nod.

Jared smiled and began to leave, only to stop and greet someone that had just walked through the door. Whoever it was caused Alice to tense up, causing Jasper to exchange a look. I was curious about their reaction and turned around to see that Paul was the culprit.

Perfect. I couldn't believe my luck.

"Paul over here," I called out, raising my hand. Paul quickly noticed me and began to head over to our table.

I mouth out help me to Paul as he got closer, causing him to laugh. I ended up mimicking his contagious laugh with my own. Then, as Paul got to our booth, I slid over and let him sit down.

"Trying a new diet out," He remarks, making himself comfortable.

I bit back laughter from his snide remark. Laughing would only add more fuel to Paul's comments.

"What brings you here?" Alice tensely speaks.

"A mans gotta eat," Paul replies, hitting his stomach to emphasize his point.

I laughed at his action while Alice rolled her eyes at his statement. Seeing Alice's standoffish behavior towards Paul compared to her signature upbeat, friendly demeanor was foreign to me.

"Were you planning to eat by yourself?" I asked, handing him a menu.

"Originally, I was going to order and leave. However, I think staying would be best now," Paul responds, sending the two vampires a look.

"Well, our plans don't include sitting here all night," Alice's voice broke out, her face full of disdain.

"I didn't realize you were on such a time limit," Paul replied.

I let out an awkward laugh. " It seems like the kitchen is backed up," attempting to shift the conversation.

Paul followed my gaze, and we watched a chef through the kitchen window. The chef was trying to teach his coworker while cooking the other orders. The chef suddenly points, causing the young guy to move away from the grill.

Being nosey, I look at Alice's soured expression. "What did he say?"

Alice wasn't the one to answer my question. Instead, it was Jasper's monotone voice. "The kid is being ordered to cut the ingredients."

"I hope you are not too hungry, Paul," I replied, giving him a slight shove.

Paul sighs dramatical but perks up immediately when Jared shows up. "Perfect timing, man."

"What can I get you?" he replies, laughing slightly.

" A chocolate shake would be perfect, please, and a rancher burger," Paul replies.

I should've ordered a shake. Yet, I could steal Pauls if I were lucky.

" Right away," Jared replies heading behind a counter.

I glanced at Alice and noticed she was adamantly refusing to face Paul. Instead, she shifted her body towards me while she had her hand in Jasper's hand. Her posture was more straight, and her head held at an angle.

Jasper was somewhat in the same position before, except I felt intimated by him. I couldn't put my finger on what was different, but I didn't want to risk his buttons getting further pushed by Paul.

"So when are you coming back to La Push?" Paul asked, breaking the tense silence.

"Cant, it's not safe," I said, emphasizing "safe."

"Oh yeah?" He said, taking a glance at the two vampires. "Well, they aren't so perfect either." Paul finished, taking a sip of my water. I rolled my eyes at his action. I don't think Paul has ever asked me to take something of mine from all I've known him.

Alice snapped her head towards him. "Said the dog."

My eyes widen at her comment. Did Alice really say that?

All Paul did was laugh in response. He seemed to be enjoying pissing off Alice. Any adverse reaction he would receive from them only fed his amusement.

I slightly glanced at Jasper, and his eyes seemed more narrow than before. I lightly bumped my shoulder with Pauls. The tension growing between them wasn't heading in a good direction.

"Maybe we should cool it down." Making sure my tone wasn't suggesting it.

Paul seemed to notice the change and stopped laughing. Settling his attention on the kitchen window. "Alright."

Suddenly we hear a crash. I snapped my head towards the sound and realized it came from Jared. He was cradling his wrist covered in ice cream while one of the waiters pushed him to the kitchen entrance giving me a glimpse of his face contoured in pain.

Alice turns to look at Jasper, leaning down to whisper something in his ear. Watching Jasper, the strange intimidation I felt seconds ago was suddenly gone. Whatever Alice whispered didn't receive any reaction from him. Not his usual adoring looks or endearments; instead, he was blank.

"We'll be back. Stay here." Alice's voice snapped, breaking my attention.

She abruptly stands up with Jasper, gripping his arm tight. What was happening? I looked over Jasper, seeing his posture was tense and rigid. His face still wore an empty look until you reached his eyes. The unnatural golden eyes were now a black void that left you looking for an escape.

A deep noise from Paul breaks the unnerving trance. His already muscular body looked more defined and sturdier than just seconds ago. His piercing stare didn't move away from Jasper. Paul positioned his body towards the booth exit. Ready to quickly leap out if needed.

"Leave." Paul's voice sounded low and menacing.

Paul's voice plunged my body into icy water. Instinctively, I push my body against the booth wall, making sure not to take my eyes off them.

What is happening? This wasn't Paul. My mind snaps back to what happened to Bella on her birthday. I looked over where Jared had dropped something and saw his coworkers hastily picking up glass pieces covered in ice cream.

My breath hitched. "Shit."

Jared must have cut himself when the glass broke. Which means Jasper can smell it. I could feel my heart start racing at the conclusion.

Alice and Jasper left before Paul could say anything else. His eyes followed their movements and stared at the door they left. My nerves were on high alert, scanning the room to ensure no one noticed us. Luckily, everyone seemed to focus on the crash, then Paul and Jasper.

"Paul," I say, tapping his shoulder when he doesn't answer.

Paul abruptly stands up, heading towards the exit. I quickly follow him.

"Paul answer me," I snapped as we made it outside.

He stops his movement and quickly texts someone. Paul resumes walking towards the street that separated the diner and the forrest.

The phone rang, and he picked it up immediately. "They left, heading west." He said, moving around to take in his surroundings.

Paul pauses, listening to whatever the voice has to tell him. Then, he harshly lets out a breath of air, "The treaty—," stopping mid-sentence seeming to be interrupted.

Paul turns to look at me. "Madi is with me right now."

Paul's eyes looked at me sternly, "Alright," hanging up the phone.

"Madi, your coming with me." He said, heading towards his truck.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on," I reply, crossing my arms.

Paul stops and walks back to me. " I don't have time for your attitude," He tells me harshly.

I narrow my eyes at Paul, "And I don't have time to be spoken to like that."

Paul stares at me, and I return the gesture. He was sorely mistaken if he thought he could talk to me like that. I wasn't going to go anywhere until he fixed his attitude.

"Madi," He lets out, taking another deep breath.

Paul takes a couple of more breaths before seeming to settle down. "There is no way I am letting you near that damn leech after that stunt."

I don't know what compelled me, but I lightly nodded, "Let's go," in a tensed voice.

Paul doesn't say anything in return and begins to walk to his truck. Each step towards his truck felt heavy, full of uncertainty. He wanted to protect me, but he knew of my fate. It didn't matter that we grew up with each other. One day, I would be the very thing he hated; a leech. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

476K 12.2K 57
「ENGLISH VER」 ૢ་༘࿐Rexanne never thought that her life would end in Twilight. She had always hoped that after her death she would meet her mother and...
336K 6.1K 50
I'm not amazing at descriptions but enjoy. Also there are a quite a few mentions of s3lf harm and rap3 so be warned! Also Bella bashing. When a certa...
399K 8.6K 26
[Book One of the Swan Queen Series] The twin sister of Bella Swan chose to stay with her father Charlie when Renee left. She was always top of her cl...
22.5K 723 11
A long time ago, when the Witch Twins were still human they had a mother. A woman who took them in after the one who birthed them casted them aside l...