Ugly and the Handsome

بواسطة ShannonBush

المزيد

Ugly and the Handsome

76 1 6
بواسطة ShannonBush

This story begins with a princess that lived a long time ago. She was a very spoiled princess; she always got everything she wanted. Now when she was older she lived in a beautiful castle. She always treated everyone poorly if she didn't get waht she then she got very angry. Then one day a peasant woman came to the castle, she asked for shelter from the cold but the princess turned her away. Then she dismissed her again then the peasant woman turned into an enchantress. She tried apologizing but it was too late. She turned the princess into a beast, and the only way she could be turned back is if she found someone to love her and she loved him back, but she only had till her twenty first birthday. Thus, begging our story.

Phillip was a very handsome man; he was the talk of the town but not for that reason. Everyone in town thought that he was odd. He never really spoke; he was always shy and keeping to himself. He lived with his mother which people thouht was also odd. She worked as a seamstress at a local dress shop. Now Phillip's mother had to go out of town to get Phillip a present for his birthday. As she was leaving she told Phillip that she would be back in a couple of days.

Now Phillip's mother was traveling down the road and she heard this howling sound, as soon as she heard it she knew that wolves were nearby. She traveled further and then they attacked. Her horse got so frightened that it bucked her off and it ran away, leaving her lying on the ground. She got up and bolted of in whatever direction to get away from the wolves. She ran and ran until she came to a castle; she opened the gates and shut them behind her. She went and opened the doors to the castle; she saw the most horrifying thing and fainted.

When she finally came to her senses she realized that she was in a very cold and dark place, which meant only one thing she was in the dungeon. How and who brought her up here she didn't know. All she knew is that she saw the beast and fainted. She knew that in all of her power that she had to get out of this dungeon. Even if it was the last thing she would do.

Phillip was just sitting at home painting when he heard something strange outside. He went out and saw their horse that his mother had taken with her on her trip. Then he realized that something must of happened to her. So he got on the horse and went looking for her. Later that evening he came up to the castle. He saw that his mother had been there and still was because he saw that part of her dress had ripped on the gate. He walked up to the castle and opened up the doors, thinking and wondering where his mother was. When he opened up the doors alll he saw was pitch black darkness except for a few candles that were lit. He picked up one of the candles that were beside him and to his surprise; the candle started talking to him. Phillip not knowing where the sound came from, freaked out and screamed, then the candle screamed back in his face. Then the candle started talking to him, she asked him how he got there and what he was doing there. Phillip not hearing what she asked stood there dumbfound and didn't hear what she had said. Then for the second time she asked and he answed her " I am looking for my mother. I saw that she tore her dress on the gate so I came looking for her in here." She looked at him and said " I did see a woman here in the doorway and her highness was at the doorway and when she opened the door, she was furious and growled at your mother and she passed out." Phillip gave her a look of confusion and asked "Where did she take her?" She told him that his mother was taken up to the dungeon. As soon as she said this Phillip ran up the stairs in search of his mother.

After what seemed like a life time Phillip finally found his mother. As soon as his mother saw him she started rambling about the beast that she saw and when Phillip tried to calm her down, the beast came up behind him and scared him. She turned him around and asked what he was doing there. He said that he was here to free his mother. Then she said "To set your mother free you must take her place." His mother tried to talk him out of it but he had already made up his mind. So then after he made his deal she let his mother go. Him and his mother did not get to say goodbye because as soon as she got her out of her cell she dragged her off and in his mind, he thought he would never see his mother again.

When the beast came back into the castle, she told Phillip to come with her and he asked " Where are we going?" Then she said " I'm taking you to your room, what else would I be doing." Looking at her with a confused and angry look said " I thought I would be staying here in the dungeon?" She said " No why would I do a thing like that?" Then he said "Because you treated my mother the same way." She gave no answer and said " follow me."

Phillip was in his room processing what just happened. Then he started looking around the room, he thought to himself " This is a room fit for a king." Then he thought of his mother and how heartbroken she must be. With that thought he got very angry and said to himself, " I will never forgive this beast for what she has done to me!" Then Phillip heard a knock at the door, the candle came in and asked him if he was alright. He told her that he was fine, even though he was not. Then Phillip asked " What is your name?" and she answed him " My name is Anglic and I came here to come get you because her highness wants you to come to dinner. " Phillip just gave her an angry look and said " I will not go eat dinner with that monster!" Anglic just gave him a sad look and left.

Anglic just coming from Phillip's room was thinking to herself what she was going to say to her highness; she knew that she was going to be furious. Then she walked into the dining room, the princess just looked at and said " Well where is he?" The princess knew as soon as Anglic didn't give her an answer she knew that he wasn't coming. She became furious and ran out of the dining room to make Phillip come out.

Phillip was just sitting in his room and then out of no where there was a pounding on the door. He knew as soon as the pounding started who it was and what she wanted. He started yelling at her and asked " What do you want!" She yelled back " I want you to get out of your room and come down to the banquet hall this minute!" Then he said " I willl not go anywhere or do anything for you as long as I live! I hate you so go away!" She smashed open the door and angrily growled at him. She spoke to him in a low and angered voice " You will do as I say or I will go to the village myself and go get your mother and make her come back to the castle and be my slave!" Phillip just looked down at the floor and said " Yes your highness." Then he walked out of the room and went down to the banquet hall.

As he walked into the room, he was amazed by the sight. He saw all of the beautiful decorations and the table all set with food. He said to himself " Why would she do all of this for me?" Then the beast came in and she said to him " I did all of this to apologize for what I did to your mother, I really am sorry." Then he said to her " Then why did you threaten my mother like that?" Then she said " I really don't know, just please give me a chance." Then he looked at her and said " I will give you one more chance."

As the months went by the beast and Phillip started to become friends. Some days they would sit in the drawing room and he would do paintings for her, and she would show him her garden and all the beautiful flowers. Then the one day they were out in the garden and they were talking and Phillip asked her " I have been here all these months and I still don't know your name. All I hear the servants calling you is your highness and princess. She looked right at Phillip and said " They had no reason knowing my name so I never told them but to answer your question my name is Elizabeth." He looked at her and said "Elizabeth....that is a really pretty name." Then he smiled at her and they continued walking in the garden.

As the days went by they started becoming closer. Every evening they always talked in the drawing room. Then the one evening Elizabeth asked him " Are you happy here with me?" Phillip looked at her and said " Yes I am very happy here with you." Then he looked down and said " But I do miss my mother a lot." Elizabeth looked at Phillip and said " I will release you but you must return by the end of the week." He looked at her and said " Thank you; you don't know how much this means to me. I will leave tomorrow morning." She looked at him with sad eyes and left the room.

The next morning by dawn Phillip had left the castle and was on his way to the village. In the back of his mind he was thinking of Elizabeth and how he must get back to her before the week was up. By the way she was acting it seemed like something horrible was going to happen if he didn't come back. In his mind he was thinking of all the good memories that they had together, and that he cared about her. Maybe he even loved her.

When he got to the village, he went to the house right away. As soon as his mother saw him, she ran up to him and hugged him. Then she asked him " How did you escape?!?" He said " I didn't escape she let me go, but I have to be back to the castle before the end of the week." She looked at him with a confused look on her face and said " Why would you want to go back to that beast? She should die for what she has done to us!" Then he looked at his mother with a stern look on his face and said " I want to go back. I love her mother."  Surprised with what he just said she just looked at him not able to say anything. Then he said " I'm afraid that if I don't go back, she will die. I don't want to lose her mother. I love her." His mother looked at him and said " I want you to at least stay here with me till the day before the week is up. Then if you still want to go back I will allow you to go back. He nodded and said " Thank you mother."

Now back at the castle towards the end of the week, Elizabeth was very weak she was not even able to move out of her bed. If he didn't come back tomorrow she was going to die. Anglic then came into the room and asked Elizabeth if she needed anything. Elizabeth told her " I need you to go to the sorcerer and ask him to take you to the village and try to get Phillip to come back. Anglic nodded then went on her way to go get Phillip.

Phillip was just sitting at home when a flash of light appeared, it was Anglic. Anglic came up to him and said " You must return to the castle! The princess is going to die!" As soon as he heard that he got up out of his seat and said " You must take me to her! I got to tell her that I love her!" Then another flash of light appeared and they were gone. His mother came into the room and was talking like he was still there and then realized that he was gone.

They quickly appeared at the castle, he asked where she was then as sooon as Anglic told him, he ran up the stairs to save his only love. When he appeared in the room, he saw her lying on the bed and ran to her side. Elizabeth looked at him and weekly said " You came back....but I'm afraid you're too late. Then with that she closed her eyes and passed on. He then started to cry and said " No you can't die, I love you." Then he put his head on her chest. Then something strange started to happen, she floated up into the air and the she started to transform. She then turned back into a human then she floated back down to the bed and woke up. Then she opened up her eyes and smiled. She said " I love you Phillip." Then he said with the biggest grin on his face " I love you too Elizabeth." He picked her up and held her. They kissed and shortly after they were married and lived happily ever after.

واصل القراءة