Amber & Ice

makexbelieve tarafından

Athena believes her world is perfect. Direct democracy means that everyone votes, on everything: from how the... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: Some things never changed
Chapter 2: Perhaps a fuse blew
Chapter 3: Democracy for Beginners
Chapter 4: An alien attack on New Britain
Chapter 5: Let them eat cake
Chapter 6: What did you do to this one, Dyo?
Chapter 7: Thousands of vacant, vote casting masses
Chapter 8: Do you plan on coming to any lectures this year?
Chapter 9: I don't trust you
Chapter 10: A pop vote princess
Chapter 11: Thoughts of amber and ice
Chapter 12: Painting a few sheep
Chapter 13: She would appreciate Cress more in the summer
Chapter 14: As the blood-lust of the people grew, so did the death toll
Chapter 15: There was really only one person Dyo wanted to see
Chapter 16: Nothing you have done since I met you has been in any way reasonable
Chapter 17: They will not stop until we make them
Chapter 18: Most definitely not okay
Chapter 19: Well at least you're not crying
Chapter 20: Your hand is the only thing preventing me from frostbite
Chapter 21: Nothing illegal about that
Chapter 22: I can't help you any more
Chapter 23: I would have to really hate you to send you back to Crazy Cassy
Chapter 24: Controlled Chaos
Chapter 25: The source of the leak
Chapter 26: Hook, line and sinker
Chapter 27: To Catch a Sneak
Chapter 28: They are Going to Love You
Chapter 29: The Entire System isn't Broken
Chapter 30: Caught up in a bad group
Chapter 31: What Bomb?
Chapter 32: A Serious Message
Chapter 33: That's All?
Chapter 34: They Wanted Blood
Chapter 35: Relax and Enjoy the Show
Chapter 36: A Distraction
Chapter 37: Dionysus

Chapter 38: It would make it real

1.3K 73 48
makexbelieve tarafından

"Oh thank god!" Bree exclaimed when she saw them, pulling Ariadne in with a big hug. "When I saw the blast I-" she stopped abruptly. "But, of course, we knew they would get you out. Come on, into the bathrooms quickly." The girls rushed down the stairs to the public bathrooms and, after making sure they were alone, Bree pushed Ariadne into a stall at the end. "Get changed," she ordered, throwing her a green jumper and emerald jeans. "And these are for your hair," she added, handing her a pair of scissors. "We should really dye it, but there isn't time and it would leave too much evidence in the sink. You'll have to do it later. Flush the hair. We don't want to make it obvious."

She closed the stall door and went over to the sinks to splash some water on her flushed face. "You did great," her reflection told Athena. "Thank you. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. We're lucky Dyo brought you into the group." She laughed. "I wonder where he ended up to today. It's not like him to miss an adventure. The more dangerous the better, usually!"

Athena felt her stomach dip, but she just shrugged non-committaly, unable to tell Bree the truth.

They were interrupted anyway by Ariadne's emergence from the stalls. She had hacked off chunks of her hair, leaving her with a punk-pixie mess.

Bree giggled. "That always works so much better in films!"

"Well the character is usually allowed to use a mirror!"

"Never mind, my sister will fix it for you when we get to her place."

"No." Athena said suddenly. Taking Ariadne to Bree's sister in Manchester had been Dyo's idea. They couldn't trust anything he had suggested anymore. "Nothing today has gone to plan, so this shouldn't either. We need to take Ari somewhere else."

"Like where?"

Athena was prevented from answering by a panicked message from her mother.

Just heard about the mob from someone in the shop. Are you safe? Maybe you should come home for a few days?

"Hastings. My parents will take us in. They don't keep up with the feeds, so they won't have a clue who Ari is, and definitely won't recognise her. We'll just say that we wanted to get out of London for a few days."

Bree hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Okay, that sounds like a plan. We really do all need to get out of London for a few days. Don and I will head to Manchester, in case the plan did get leaked somehow. You, Ariadne and Orion should go to Hastings. My train leaves in five, so I need to get going. We will be in touch soon." Bree gave both girls a quick hug before leaving the bathroom.

"You didn't tell her about Dyo," Ariadne said as she watched her own reflection, moving her head from side to side to take in her new haircut from different angels.

"I couldn't bring myself to say it out loud. It would make it real."

Ariadne nodded, her face sombre. "Thank you, for saving me."

Athena forced herself to smile. "Anytime. Actually, on second thoughts, let's not make a habit of it - that was hard work!"

"So Hastings then?"

Athena sighed and pulled a face at her reflection in the mirror. "Hastings. Back to mum and dad."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

13.9K 1.6K 42
A first year student who believes passionately in direct-democracy has to uncover the dark truth about her seemingly perfect world in order to save N...
16 0 5
There is nothing as powerful in life as your first love. When this happens after clacking to a strange new world where people reverse age-let's say i...
3.3K 551 11
In the cutthroat job market of the future -- in which synthetics are pitted against humans -- Max is considered to be a "Spare," an obsolete model un...
3.5K 665 51
A dystopian young adult novel involving romance, secret experiments on human subjects, and a group of teenagers' will to survive. Reader Comments: "...