StrangeFryingPan's Book of Po...

De StrangeFryingPan

Basically a hodgepodge of random one-shots I write randomly. Updates are infrequent, quality may vary, shippi... Mai multe

Search History
She's Back!
Reservoir Devils
New Look, Still Me
Legend's Oblivion
Generic Betrayal Story: Meet the Cast
Mooks in the Limelight
Welcome to Pasio!
A to Z with Pokemon
In Memoriam, Admire to Kill
Trip to the Pokepark
Can't We Just Get Along?
Start of a New Collection (Crossover)
Bienvenido a Paldea!
Overworked, Overstressed
Amor y Odio (Mayormente Odio)
The Green Light
Badges and Bureaucracy
What Your Favorite Pokemon Character Says About You!
What Your Favorite Pokemon Character Says About You (Part 2)
The Primordial Predator
Idea Dump

Life of Cour

281 7 3
De StrangeFryingPan

AN: Wow, two ORAS chapters in a row? Yeah, I'll admit it. Courtney is my favorite character from the games, and nothing you people can say will change that. So this one shot basically explores some moments of Courtney's life. Well, at least the ones I think happened. Enjoy!

(Also shoutout to SentaiRed for helping me with story. Thank you!)

_____________________________________________________

Log: April 20XX, Apartment Complex 6-3, Lilycove City Hoenn Region, 9:00 PM Local Time

It was late at night in Hoenn. Most people have gone off to bed or at home, preparing themselves for the next day that lay ahead, be it work, school, adventuring, or planning to use an artifact of great power to bring about the end of the world as we know it. A car broke off from the rode and drove into the multi story apartment complex and parked itself into a spot in the garage and shut off. A short lavender haired woman, wearing a red hoodie with horns, stepped out and headed to a nearby elevator. She directed the elevator to her floor and headed for her room. She pulled a key out of her pocket and opened the door to the apartment room, welcoming herself home.

Courtney flicked the lights on and looked around her apartment. It wasn't extremely fancy or big, but it is neat and organized, just the way she liked. Team Magma pays her well, and she could easily afford a nice suburban home or a big condo in the city, but she prefers a smaller cozy apartment. She went to her bedroom and took off her belt, making sure everything is accounted for. Pokeballs, utility knife, and her gun, before storing them somewhere safe and hanging the belt on a rack and going into the small kitchen. Courtney cooked herself a small meal and quickly wolfed it down. A hard day's work makes one hungrier than you think.

Courtney stepped into the bathrooms, changing out of her clothes. She stepped into the shower cubicle (she hates being submerged, so she hates baths) and turned on the shower cap, letting hot water run down her face and body, as she exhaled deeply, letting all the day's stress flow down into the drain.

She scrubbed some shampoo (razz berry scented, her favorite) scrubbed her hair clean. And now I'm gonna stop right here before this turns into the OTHER type of story and gets my book taken down. You want more go to Rule 34. I'll wait.

Done? Okay back to the story.

Courtney stepped out of the shower, dressed up in her pajamas, and headed back to her bedroom.

The Magma Admin's bedroom is fairly standard. In one corner sat a twin size bed, plenty large for a small woman like her. In the other corner is a work desk with a computer and various other objects laid out on it, from binders and papers to toys, snacks, and candy. Next to the bed laid a nightstand, with a lamp and a framed photo placed on top. Courtney sat on the bed and stared at the photo. There was a date written in marker, but it has been smeared and unrecognizable. The frame is old and the pain is starting to peel off, and the glass is smeared and even has a small crack in it. The photo was not the best quality. In it, was a man appearing in his early 30s at a beach, with a cheerful little girl sitting on his shoulders. Next to them was a woman, likely the man's wife and the girl's mother, smiling happily. That old photo is one of Courtney's most prized possessions, as it was, to her knowledge, the only remaining photo left of her and her family. Courtney shuddered and closed her eyes, as her mind took her back to the worst day of her life.

10 years ago...

Sirens and alarms blared all over the ship as passengers scream, panic, and ran all over the deck like ants while crew members frantically try and maintain some form of order amidst the panic. Deep down into the hull of the ship, a family of 3 desperately tries to make their way onto the main deck. What was suppose to be a relaxing cruise out to sea turned into a race for survival, as a sudden storm and a collision with what has to be assumed to be rocks or an iceberg turned a luxurious cruise into a desperate race against time.

Water flooded in from various leaks in the walls, ranging from small as a pinhead to the size of a baseball, all gathering on the floor which is already submerged in a few inches of water. Parts of the hull are bulging in, looking ready to give way any second and submerge everything (and everyone) in the cold, dark grip of the sea.

Mom ran down the hallways, holding a young Courtney's hand, while Dad stayed behind them, making sure she doesn't fall down or get lost.

"Just keep running down! The stairway is just a few hundred feet ahead!" Dad yelled, giving his wife a light push.

Courtney kept up besides her mother, one hand holding hers, and another on her backpack which she managed to save from the room. After a few minutes of winding through doors, flooded rooms, and winding hallways, a door labelled "Stairs" came into view, just about 200 feet down.

"I see the door mom!" Courtney pointed, and her mother nodded. 

The family ran towards the door, but suddenly, they heard a creaking sound from above them. They all look up just in time to see a massive steel beam falling from the ceiling. Dad jumped back while Mom leaped forward, pulling Courtney along, barely avoiding the heavy metal rod. But unfortunately, the beam jammed itself in the hallway, blocking it and too large to climb under or over, splitting the family.

Both parents desperately but futilely attempted to move or push it out of the way, but the beam wouldn't budge a millimeter. Meanwhile, the water on the floor is getting higher and higher by the second, splashing Courtney's knees and making her whimper in fear. Dad banged on the metal beam to get Mom's attention.

"Just go!" he yelled "Just get out of here and make sure our girl stays safe!"

Mom yelled back "But what about you?"

"I'll find another way out! Just go!" But they both knew chances of finding another escape in time was slim. Dad looked over the beam and gave a thumbs up to Courtney, trying his best to smile. "Go with mom okay? Daddy will join you ladies soon!"

With a heavy heart, Mom wiped her eyes and lead Courtney towards the door. "You heard him Courtney. Let's go." And both of them made their way up the ship's staircase. About three quarters of the way however, both of them heard a bang, and several seconds later, they could hear water slowly making its way up the staircase. Courtney's eyes were full of concern, while Mom's face was nothing but dread. She picked Courtney up and ran up the staircase and onto the main deck, where they can see boats being lowered into the water. Courtney tugged her mother's dress and pointed down the staircase. 

"Mom, but dad is still down there! We can't leave him!" Courtney said, looking Mom straight in the eyes.

It took all her effort to not cry, but Mom must remain strong. "He could've gotten out before us, ok? We need to find a boat quick!" The two ran around deck, looking for a boat that has yet to be filled to capacity, but found none. Mom stopped and looked around, only to hear a loud creaking noise, and looked up to see a massive ship funnel toppling over. Courtney screamed as her mother pulled her out of the way just in time, as the funnel smashed through the wood that they used to be standing on, and the force of the impact sent mother and daughter falling into the dark water.

About 30 seconds later, both Mom and Courtney bursted out of the waves, shivering and gasping for air. They can't see any lifeboats nearby. Eventually, they spotted a piece of wood that appears to be large and stable enough to ride on, and swam towards it. Mom pushed Courtney onto the wood, but didn't get on herself. 

"Mom! Come on! You need to get on!" Courtney cried, offering a hand to Mom. But mother simply shook her head. "I'm too heavy sweetheart. If I get on this wood will sink. I'll just hang on to the side okay?" Courtney nodded, but held on to her mother's arms as they drifted along the waves while the final remnants of the doomed cruise sank below the waves as the cruel sea finally claimed its bounty. Courtney could fairly make out the voices of survivors crying for help, none of them her father's. She wanted to go back and help people, but like Mom said, any more weight and this piece of driftwood will sink. With great sadness in her heart, they had to wait, and listen as the voices faded one by one.

Eventually, Courtney started feeling tired, her eyes heavy and her body exhausted as her adrenaline faded away. Mom seems to notice this and said, "Why don't you take a nap dear? I promise I will wake you up when help arrives."

Courtney nods slowly and laid down on the hard, wet wood and closed her eyelids, the sound of the waves pushed her into sleep.

Hours later, beams of sunlight hit Courtney's eyes and they fluttered open. The sleep hasn't been particularly good, but she felt less tired. Courtney looked around, then to her horror, realized she was alone.  Her mother was nowhere to be seen. She can't even see any debris from the ship!

"Mom? Mom?" Courtney said, looking around "Hello? Anyone?"

Her calls turns into panic as no response came from the ocean.

"Mommy! Daddy! Where are you guys? Help!" she cried futilely into the horizon, as tears started pouring down her cheeks. In one night, she lost everything. Her mom, her dad, and most her possessions except what she had in the backpack she was still wearing. Courtney continued to cry and yell, until her voice grew hoarse and her throat started hurting. Eventually she lied flat with her back on the board, sniffling quietly as she tried to wipe tears from her eyes. She dug into her backpack and pulled out a framed photo, taken when her parents took her to the beach several years ago. She hugged the photo, pressing it against her chest as she quietly whimpered "Mom, Dad, I miss you."

About 2 hours later...

Courtney stared at the sky, her face slightly sunburned, her skin and hair dusted with salt from the dried seawater. She lost track of time, not knowing how long she spent drifting. The photo she still held close to her chest. Despite everything that has happened, her brain is telling her one thing: do not lose that photo.

Suddenly, her improvised raft bumped into something, causing the girl to lift her head up slightly. It was a small boat. Suddenly, she saw a man's face look out the side of the boat. He looked to be in his mid 30s, with red hair and a pair of glasses. He noticed Courtney, and his confusion turned into seriousness as he reached down and pulled Courtney aboard. He then looked around the boat, scanning for others, before kneeling down to Courtney's height, and asked

"Hey kid, what happened? Why are you out drifting alone? Was there a shipwreck?"

Courtney didn't say anything. She merely nodded, her eyes appearing to stare at something a thousand yards away. The man continued his concerned questioning.

"Did you see anyone else near you? And where are your parents?" he asked. Courtney's silence gave him the hint, as his expression curled up with sympathy. He placed a hand on Courtney's shoulders, his eyes closed, saying "I'm sorry. You don't deserve that. Nobody does. I'll take you to land, ok? Want some water?"

Courtney sniffed and nodded. The man opened a cooler and handed a cold water bottle to the girl and opened it for her. She drank, letting the cooling liquid quench her mouth and pour down her dehydrated throat. She didn't realize how thirsty she was, and by the time she's finished drinking, the bottle was half empty. The man then started up the boats engines and pointed it towards land. As it cut across the water, the man said "Hey kid, I never got your name. What is it?"

Courtney spoke up for the first time in hours. "Courtney. My name is Courtney."

The man nodded, replying "That's a nice name. I'm Maxie, a scientist. Nice to meet you."

Back to present...

Courtney sniffed as tears rolled down her face and dripped onto her pants. She hated that memory. She hated riding on boats, and she hated the ocean for taking everything from her that night. Sure, meeting Maxie and eventually finding Team Magma was a silver lining, but was it worth it? Her answer is unequivocally no. She laid the picture frame back on the nightstand. It's getting late, and she should get some rest. Courtney flicked the lights off and closed her eyes, doing her best to push away the memories of that fateful night.

6 hours later...

Courtney's eyes blinked open as sunlight shined through little slits in the curtains and onto her eyes. She checks the clock.

6:00 AM

Work starts in a few hours, plenty of time to get ready. Courtney climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom where she did her morning hygiene. She made herself a quick breakfast of PB&Js before changing into her Admin uniform, and headed back into the bathroom to do her hair, combing it to her usual style. In the middle of combing, something caught her eye. Lying in the corner of the counter and untouched for months, was a can of black hair dye. The label on it claimed it will "make your hair darker than a Dark Type". Courtney chuckled as she turned the can around in her palm, reading the various labels and directions for use.

 "Can't believe I once decided to keep my hair black." she mused. "Lavender is much more my color."

(AN: For those that don't know, the original Courtney in the Ruby and Sapphire games had black hair. Here's an image for comparison)

(Yeah, I think the current one looks better too.)

She wore that hair color through her late teens, and in her early days in Team Magma. She thought back to the day when she stopped dyeing her hair.

One Year Ago, Magma Headquarters

Courtney parked her car a short distance outside the main door and took a deep breathe. She looked at her own reflection in the car window. She looks almost like a completely different person. She looks like she would stand out more, unlike with her old look that's more akin to that of a common grunt. Courtney's never self conscious for anything other than her height, but that doesn't mean she don't care about her looks either. She straightened out her shirt and hood, before heading passing through the doors and into the building.  

Almost minutes later, she noticed things are different. Grunts passed by her casually and even waving hi, as opposed to saluting or attempting to avoid eye contact. Bit confusing at first, but she enjoyed it. Strange as it seems, she always prefer taking life a more casual manner.  At lunch, she decided to conduct a little experiment. She grabbed her tray, and found an empty spot between a group of grunts and plopped down.  She looked at some of the grunts, who simply looked at her, before returning to their business. As they ate, the grunts talked casually about missions, the news, their lives, gossiping about others, and whatever happens to strike their interest.

"Did you all catch the contest on TV last night?" A female grunt asked. Courtney listened to the conversation. 

"No, I'm not really into that." answered a guy. 

"Aw, you should've been there! There was this new girl who was awesome! What was her name again?"

"I think she was called Lisia or something." another grunt replied. "Apparently she's Wallace's niece. Pretty impressive for a first timer."

Most of the women nodded in agreement, while the men mainly stayed out of the conversation. One of the female grunts tapped Courtney on the shoulder, getting her attention. "Yeah?"

"What do you think, hmm? You know, about this new Lisia girl?" she asked.

Courtney shrugged. "Dunno. Contests aren't my thing either, I'm more a science person. She sounds interesting though."

"Aww, shame! We ought to take you to one of these shows, girl! You're missing out on so much!" The other grunts nodded in agreement. Courtney smiled a bit. Her grunts can be pretty cool in a casual setting. Maybe she should try and know them more. "Sounds good. Looking forward to it."

The grunts went back to their conversations, cracking jokes, talking about their Pokemon, until one statement made Courtney perk up. A male grunt looked around, and asked "You know, I find it strange. I haven't seen Admin Courtney anywhere today." Courtney nearly choked on her water.

"Yeah weird dude. She always shows up to work, unless she's sick or something."

"Maybe she got injured? Or maybe even arrested?" A female grunt suggested.

"Don't be crazy! If, and I mean IF that happens, Maxie would certainly tell us about it." her friend replied.

All the while, Courtney is sitting in the middle, trying not to laugh. A female grunt seems to notice, and asked, "Hey, is something wrong?" That's when Courtney lost it, and she bursted out laughing, causing everyone on the table to look in her direction. Immediately a bunch of grunts frantically tried to get her to quiet down.

"H-hey quiet down there! However funny you found it you shouldn't laugh!"

"Yeah, we shouldn't disrespect the admins!"

"Admin Courtney will kill us if she were here!"

That last line only got Courtney to laugh harder, as she wiped a tear from her eye, and calmed down enough to speak. "Guys, guys, reeeelax! She ain't gonna hurt ya!"

"And how the hell do you know that?"

"Because," she said "Admin Courtney is right here! Ta-da!" Courtney took out her ID and showed it to the other grunts.

"EEEEEHHH?!?!" Every grunt on the table cried in shock. Their admin has been sitting amongst them (I wear if any of you bastards make an among us joke here I will murder you) and none of them noticed? The two grunts next to Courtney tried to back away, but Courtney wrapped her arms around their shoulders, stopping them.

"W-wait wait, Ms. Courtney! We're sorry!" one grunt said.

"Y-yeah! If you're offended, we apologize, we never intend to-"

"No, no. I'm not mad, come on and sit down!" Courtney said. "Let's be a bit more casual here. I want to get to know my loyal grunts a bit more!"

Present Time...

Courtney giggled slightly, about her little trip down the memory lane. Was she really that scary to her grunts that the only way to be casual with them was to make herself unrecognizable? Or maybe its her fault that she isn't the most sociable person around. She absently looked at her watch to check what time it is and... she spent way to much time reminiscing. She quickly finished doing her hair and stormed out her room (almost forgetting to lock the door) went down the elevator and hopped into the car, and drove out to work.

About an hour later, Courtney arrived at the Magma HQ and parked her care, before making her way towards the front door.

The inside of the building can easily be compared to any military bunker or scientific research facility, with countless hallways, rooms, and garages all for sake of Magma's purposes. Even Courtney still doesn't know where Maxie gets all the money to fund this building. Courtney walked around the halls, checking vehicles and machinery, occasionally stopping to chat with the grunts. Though, one grunt caught her attention.

"Hey! You!" Courtney called out to a female grunt with black hair and a slightly tanned skin tone. The grunt looked around and pointed to herself, as if asking "Who, me?"

"Yes you! Do you see anyone else around here?"

The grunt then hastily jogged over to Courtney and stood to attention. "Yes m'am? How may I help you?" she asked.

"What's your name? I don't think I recognize you."

"Uh, Grunt Zinnia, m'am." The grunt answered.

"Zinnia? I don't recognize that name. You new here?"

Zinnia hesitated for a moment. "Um, y-yes, m'am-"

"Call me Courtney or Admin Courtney. I don't like being called m'am. Makes me feel old." Courtney interrupted.

"Right, sorry Admin. I uh, just joined yesterday. This is my first day on the job."

"Your ID please."

Zinnia patted her pockets, then pulled out an identification card and handed it to Courtney. Courtney scanned the card carefully.

"Hmm, I don't recognize it in the database."

Zinnia seem to get nervous. "Well, um, maybe Leader Maxie just hasn't updated it yet you know? He is a busy man after all."

Courtney nodded. That is a valid reason. "Hmm, okay I believe you. Well welcome to Team Magma then Grunt Zinnia."

"Thank you Admin!"

"Alright don't be causing trouble around here, we have enough of it already, with those two brats running around screwing with our operation. If you're some sort of spy, believe me you will find out why the other grunts are so scared of me."

"I understand." Zinnia said, nodding.

Courtney scratched her head. "Tch, I don't get it. Somehow those kids always seem to be one step ahead of us. We try an operation, then there they are, ready to stop it. Gah! Its so annoying! You have any ideas Zinnia?"

"Pardon?"

"I'm asking if you know how we can deal with those kids." Courtney answered. "Either get rid of them or find out how they're intercepting our operations."

"Um, perhaps you can kidnap one of them?" Zinnia suggested.

"Oh?"

"You know, capture one of them, and interrogate them for info! I mean they are only kids right? Yell at them and maybe beat them up a bit and surely they'll start spitting out intel!" Zinnia said, pointing in the air.

Courtney's eye lit up. "Oh, I like it! I'll report this to Maxie immediately. I like your thinking grunt! Now be on your way."

"Yes, Admin. Thank you, Admin." Zinnia said, and scampered away.

Courtney shrugged, and made her way to her office. 'Hmm, I still can't shake the feeling something ain't right about that girl.'

Later...

Courtney walked down the hallway, having finished her portion of work for the day. In reality, outside of operations and maintenance there really isn't much to do. Right as she was about to round a corner, she heard a couple grunts talking, so she hanged back to eavesdrop.

"...and she's well, a bit unnerving you know?" one voice said.

"Hey hey, watch it there! You don't want the Admin to hear us!" replied another.

"But, don't you think so too? I really ponder if she really is truly human at times!" A third grunt said.

"Don't be crazy now! What in the world makes you think she's a robot or something?"

"Well, I mean, you heard the way she talks sometime right? 'Analyzing... target spotted... engaging...' I mean that's robot talk all right."

"But she might just be imitating it."

"Well, how about her emotions? How often do you see her crack a smile, or hell, even speak?"

"Okay, but that's no reason to-"

Courtney stepped away, deciding to stop listening for now. She thought, does she really act like that? Sure there's that speech pattern of her's, but she really only does that to confuse her opponents. And for personality, well, an Admin has some professionalism to maintain, you know? Well, she guess that their claims aren't entirely false. To assure herself, Courtney headed to the Archives, to see if there is anything she can learn. 

Courtney headed down various halls and doors until she came across a heavy metal door, labelled "Archive Room" which has been locked by a keypad. Courtney brought out her ID and swished it through the slit, then punched in a password. The keypad then prompted her to scan her fingerprint. Courtney took off her left glove and pressed her thumb on the pad. It beeped "Access Denied."

Courtney tried again.

"Access Denied"

And again

"Access Denied"

She scratched her head for a second. Then the realization hit her. "Oh, silly me" She then scanned her right thumb, which the keypad then beeped "Access granted." and the steel doors opened, letting Courtney into the Archives Room.

Within the room, walls of cabinets and shelves are stacked full of archives from mission reports, member profiles, list of equipment, to the history of the team and research files. Courtney headed to the mission report section and pulled out a folder labelled "C" and fished out a set of papers titled "The Courtney Incident"

"Oh yeah. I remember this." Courtney said, as she went for another trip down the memory lane.

A Few Months Ago...

The Hoenn Mountain Range is a great place to search for wild Pokemon, go for a hike, a picnic, or for conducting illegal excavations away from the prying eyes of the (incompetent) local authorities. And that is exactly why Team Magma is here. Ok, they had picnics and hiking trips here too, but mostly excavating. 

At this very moment, the 3 highest ranking members of Team Magma, Maxie, Courtney, and Tabitha, are all surveying the area, while a group of grunts plant high explosives on at a blocked cave entrance, hoping to blast it open in order to access the rich resources hidden inside. Maxie and Tabitha are positioned behind some sandbags, while Courtney stood farther up front, watching the grunts work. She insisted on being closer up, saying she's standing at a safe distance, though everyone knows there's no such thing as too safe when explosives are involved. Nonetheless, Maxie trusted Courtney's judgement and let her stay. 

A nearby grunt gives Maxie a thumbs up, and he spoke into the walkie talkie "Explosions are set and ready. Everyone please get a safe distance away! Let me know when you are ready."

Various confirmations came through the device, and Maxie gave the detonator the signal. "Now!" The demolitionist presses the trigger, and a massive explosion rocked the mountainside, throwing huge amounts of dust and debris into the air, the shockwave causing equipment to rattle and shake, even behind the safety of sandbag barricades.

"Woah, what the hell?!" Tabitha cried out, covering his ears "That was way louder than expected!"

"I think someone put too much C4!" The demolitionist said. "I think they put twice as much as necessary."

Maxie coughed a bit due to the dust, and looked around. "Is everyone ok?"

Several seconds later, a anguished scream broke the silence, as everyone looked in that direction. "That sounded like Admin Courtney!" A grunt cried out. Everyone rushed towards the direction of the screaming. 

Tabitha waved in the air. "I found her! And she's... she's... oh god." Everyone gathered around Courtney, who is lying in a small pool of blood, screaming and crying in agony. 

"AAAAAAAHHH!!! Wha-what happened? Agh!" She was squirming around, likely making her wounds even worse. "My-my arm! My left arm, I can't feel it! What happened?!"

Everyone grimaced at the sight. Aside from various cuts from shrapnel, her left arm looks like its been gnawed on by a shark, and is merely hanging on by a few intact tendons, flesh, and scraps of clothing. It likely got hit by a large chunk of debris.

"Courtney, calm down, stop moving! It's going to make things worse!" Maxie knelt down beside her. "Someone give me a tourniquet, ASAP!" 

A grunt rushed over with a tourniquet from a first aid kit, which Maxie managed to apply and stop the bleeding from her arm, but that will only buy so much time. She needs urgent medical care. 

"I think some idiot measured the C4 incorrectly." A grunt murmured. 

"Yeah, but then she was standing pretty close to the explosion and-"

"Hey! You guys go get the medical team over here quick!" Tabitha ordered the grunts away. "Dammit, I'm not sure if she'll make it, she lost so much blood."

Courtney continued to scream "I can't see! I- I think I'm blinded! N-no, this can't be happening, help!"

Maxie did his best to keep her still. "Tabitha, go to the camp radio in the chopper! We're getting out of here!"

"Yes, leader!" Tabitha saluted and sprinted away.

"W-wait! Don't leave me! Don't leave me please! I don't want to die alone!" Courtney grabbed the air blindly with her one good arm, while  tears started pouring down her face. "M-mommy! I want my mommy!"

"Courtney, stay calm, you aren't going to die, you hear me?" Maxie said, trying his best to keep her calm. "We're going to save you."

"I-I feel light headed... I- I can't see-" Courtney then passed out cold, likely from blood loss.

"Courtney? Courtney! Stay with me here!" Maxie yelled. Meanwhile, a pair of grunts wearing medical armbands arrive with a stretcher, while the distant whirring of helicopter blades can be heard. "Move it! She just lost consciousness!"

Two days later...

Courtney laid on a bed in the infirmary back at headquarters, covered in bandages and stitches and dressed in a patient's gown. A nearby medical pole held packs of IV fluids which is slowly being supplied to her body to speed up the healing process. The doctors were barely able to save her from blood loss, and spent the entire rest of the day removing over a dozen pieces of shrapnel from various areas in her body and stitching the wounds back up. Her left arm, which has been hit by a large rock, has been deemed too damaged to heal and was amputated, leaving her with a bandaged stump. Her right eye has also been blinded by the explosion, and had to be surgically removed, and now she's wearing an eyepatch to cover the empty socket.

While the pain in her body has gone numb, Courtney still can feel shame. Shame that her pride has gotten herself injured, and has gotten Maxie and the rest of the team panicking and rushing to save her. Courtney leaned on the bed, and then heard muffled voices from the other end of the wall. She pressed her ear against it and listened. There were two voices, one sounding like a scientist or doctor, and the other was Maxie.

"...so aside from rambling on about useless nonsense to me all day, what CAN you do?" Maxie's voice said, clearly a bit agitated.

"W-well, leader, like we said she's missing vision in one eye due to it being, well, gone and-" 

"And I want you guys to think of a way to fix that problem!"

The scientist was clearly scared. "Maybe we can try a glass eye?"

"I don't want Courtney to be going around with half blind! Think of a solution or your career is done for!" Maxie is losing his patience. Meanwhile, Courtney felt touched, someone cared for her so much as to threaten another person's career.

"Um, how about a bionic eye? We have a prototype tested and ready, and it just needs a couple days of fine tuning." The scientist suggested.

"Get it ready by the end of this week then. Now how about her arm?"

The scientist sounded relieved by that question. "Oh that's simpler. We can just just build a prosthetic one for her real quick that will have a neat set of improvements over a normal one!"

Finally Maxie sounds satisfied. "Good. When can you apply those to her?"

"Um, when the doctors deemed her healed up enough?"

"Very well. Now be gone."

"Yes sir!" the scientist said, followed by the sound of a door opening and closing.

A Few Weeks Later...

Courtney is now out of her patient's gown, and back to wearing her standard clothing. The prosthetic arm installed has worked splendidly, and like the scientist claimed, had several advantages over a normal arm, such as boosted strength, speed, grip and a few tools planted inside. They even went so far as to cover it with a layer of material that looks and feels just like skin, so to the naked eye no one could tell she had a prosthetic arm!

Now Courtney just had the bionic eye installed, and turned on. Instantly, it was like a blindfold has been lifted off. Well, half a blindfold anyways. 

"So, what do you think?" Maxie asked.

"I can see again! I can see out of both eyes!" Courtney cheered, jumping in the air. "This is amazing!"

A voice came through the intercom. "Alright, Admin Courtney, your bionic eye also has a few features! It has been wired to your brain, so you can simply will its functions to take place! For example, try using the thermal imaging."

"Um, how?" Courtney asked. She wasn't really given an owner's manual on the thing.

"Just will it to happen. Like, think 'I want to see thermal.' and it should happen."

Courtney did so, and boom! Out of one eye she can see the temperatures of surrounding objects. "Wow, cool! So I can will it to turn off too right?" As if on cue, her vision returned to normal.

"Precisely. Now, there are various other features within the bionic eye we would like for you to test. Firstly-"

Suddenly, Courtney's thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of alarms, bringing her back to the present. Lights outside were glowing red and blinking. "What the hell happened?" she asked, confused.

'Alert! Alert! Security Breach! Two unauthorized persons have entered the facility. All personal please move to intercept them or protect objects of interest!"

A vein popped on Courtney's forehead. "Two people? I only know two brats smart and reckless  enough to infiltrate here!" She angrily shoved the folder back into the cabinet and rushed out of the Archives room, a Pokeball grasped in her hands. "I lost one family already, I ain't losing another!"

Courtney ran into the main hallway, and scanned the area. Her bionic eye detected two human and two Pokemon silhouettes. There they are. She stretched slightly, her Pokeball at the ready. Courtney walked into the center and starred down her opponents. She can't help but grin.

"Aha! So it's two of you this time? Excitement levels rising... prepare for your..." Courtney readied a Pokeball, containing her trusty Camerupt. "Analysis!"

The End

__________________________________________________

AN: Whew! This took me a while to do! I had a pretty busy schedule recently, so I was unable to dedicate as much time as I would've liked to this. But whatever. Hope you all enjoyed my shitty work. Anyways, my next one shot will be the usual stuff, focusing on the anime. I can guarante- I mean I can assure you it is PRETTY LIKELY that my next one shot will be anime centered. Until then, StrangeFryingPan out-

Courtney: Ahaha! Come on, author, give me a chance to talk! Hiya people! What did you think of my story? Was it sad? Was it interesting? Was it boring? Please, let us know! I'd love to hear your opinions! Oh look at the time! Gotta go now! That kidnapped brat ain't gonna torture himself! Aha! *leaves*

AN: Well, as I was saying, I'll see y'all in the next one-shot! StrangeFryingPan ou-

Courtney: Bye!

AN: STOP INTERRUPTING ME! God! Well, I'm out.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

69.2K 838 7
Because who doesn't ship Amourshipping ♡
10.2K 110 9
Some Amourshipping one-shots for y'all. Disclaimer: I don't own the characters and pokemon, nor the photos I will use
6.6K 67 32
JUST some cute fluffy one shots of our lovely AMOURSHIPPING (I might write smut okay yes yes I am but not yet anyway first more fluff) Please commen...
175K 4.9K 31
•~•~•~•An Amourshipping Fanfic•~•~•~• •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• Serena Yvonne is a regular teenage girl at the age of 13 who just sta...