Empress (A Tickle Commission)

Da Featherscape

First Princess Hong Yuanji wishes to escape the binds of her palace walls from her domineering father. When s... Altro

Beyond Gold Walls
Cat and Mouse
An Unwanted Visitor
A Needed Escape
The Ticklish Thief
A Night In
A Sufferable Secret
Outing
A Passion for Cleaning
Reconditioning
Giving Shelter
Intimate Feast
Hard Work
Ticklish Festival
Feasting Passions
Unveiling Truths
Tainted Roads
Information Through Screams
Forked Tongue Promises
Sparks of Ruin
Darkened Skies

The Lost Princess Returns

233 1 1
Da Featherscape

Ai Bai became diligent in her duties over the days in isolation, confined to the princess's bed chamber. She focused marginally on cleaning and organizing Yuanji's space. Eventually, Ai was tidying what was still proper, cleaning what had not a speck of dust, and tending to virtually nothing just to pass the time. The hours lingered longer as the days crawled by in relative solitude. She became especially wary of any noise made beyond the chamber door and became well acquainted with the space behind Yuanji's dressing partisan. Every minute became another wherein she could be uncovered, where her deeds as charading as Yuanji would be unveiled, surely resulting in punishments for her and her sister that she dared not think about.

Ai stood reflecting on her time and service to the royal family atop the princess's personal balcony. She gazed out, overlooking the flowery groves below. A rolling storm rumbled over the woods to the South. Flashes of light sparked through the clouds, their roars closing in slowly. Ai shivered. She clenched the robe draped over her shoulders tightly around her. As the door to the bed chamber began to open, she turned and threw a hood up over her head. She dashed toward Yuanji's wardrobe, hiding behind it.

"Ai," Sima Yi whispered loudly before entering. "It's me, you're fine." Ai's small face peered from around the dark corner. Sima entered, his own robe elegant and adorned as per his role as Yuanji's advisor. He sat down a pot of tea and a cup on a tray. His hands shook. His eyes were dark and sunken.

"Sir," Ai said. Her voice was no louder than the squeak of a mouse scurrying behind the walls. She stepped forward and bowed. Sima sighed.

"How are you doing?" he asked. Ai rose solemnly. She started to answer in her usual, cordial manner, but paused. Her tongue had been gripped by the concern smeared across her face.

"How much longer?" she asked. Sima turned away, looking to the balcony.

"I don't know,'' he said. "I wish I did." Ai rubbed her arm. Her eyes glanced anxiously at the door.

"I keep thinking that the Emperor might find out somehow," Ai said. Sima poured the servant a cup of tea. He handed it to her, still steaming. Ai held it close, letting the warmth of the clay cup envelope her palms.

"I know," Sima said with a heavy sigh. "I'm working hard to make sure that doesn't happen. Just stay low. If anything happens, I'll take the blame." Ai took a sip of tea.

"I hope the princess returns soon," Ai said. Sima nodded.

"I'll relieve you as soon as she does," Sima said. "And I'll see to a just reward for you and your sister for your service and discretion." Ai looked up from her cup.

"Oh, you don't-"

"Ai, I mean it," Sima said, stopping her with an insistent glance. "I know this hasn't been easy for you. The princess and I can't thank you enough for what you've been doing. Though she is being a bit too indulgent, as she is, I know she cares." Ai smiled and bowed for Sima.

"Thank you, sir," Ai said more cheerfully than before. Sima adjusted his robe and sucked in a deep breath.

"Anything else you need before I take my leave?" Sima asked. Ai shook her head.

"No, sir," she said. "Thank you."

"Very well," said Sima, turning for the door. "I'll check in on your sister and be back in a few hours."

"Oh thank you," Ai repeated. "It's been hard without her company, I'll admit."

"Then maybe I can bring her by later too," said Sima with a warm grin. Ai beamed and bowed once more.

"Thank you, sir!" she said. Sima nodded happily and took his leave from the room in an anxious hurry.

Out in the palace halls, Sima Yi's brisk pace had been dulled to a watchful stroll. Every step was another closer to the Emperor and Empress and another farther away from protecting the princess's secret escape out into the commonwealth. Since Yuanji left the palace, he dared not distancing himself too far from her bed chambers where Ai remained to help conceal her disappearance. His eyes shifted, raw and weary, and every noise and at every intrusion. Faint wisps of sleep came as fleetingly as they went. His mind stayed on Yuanji, far more concerned with her safety than of facing the consequences of hiding her deed from her parents.

As Sima turned to head toward the palace kitchen, a small force reached for him from a dark crevasse. He jumped. The advisor turned swiftly. He faced the figure, hands raised defensively, ready to strike whatever invader was trying to catch him off guard.

"Sima," whispered Yuanji. The princess stood before him. The cloak she had been wearing to conceal her identity out in the village was draped over her head and shoulders, slightly tattered and dirty, far more so than any of her royal garbs. Her eyes were wide and alert. Sima blinked and cocked his head skeptically.

"Yuanji?" he asked. Yuanji's head and eyes darted around, still trying to stay hidden in her own home.

"Yes," the princess said hushly. "Sorry it's been so long, I've been-"

"You're okay," Sima said. He exhaled heavily, one of many worries lifting from his shoulders. "You are okay, right?"

"Yes," Yuanji said. She spoke impatiently, quiet and quickly. "I'm fine. I'm better than fine. Sima, it's been wonderful. I can't tell you how alive and grand life is out there. There's so much I want to tell you about."

"That's great, but-"

"Sima, the woods beyond the palace," Yuanji started, getting lost in her own thoughts. "They go on forever, it seems. And the commoners are all colorful and passionate."

"Yuanji-"

"They care for one another," Yuanji continued to ramble happily. "They make things for each other. Sell flowers and food they make themselves. They keep pets. They make art."

"Yuanji-"

"And I met the most amazing-" Yuanji started again with a wide smile until Sima cut her off, taking her hand and pulling her around the corner.

"Yuanji," he said more firmly. "You're back. That's what's important right now. You're okay and you're back. We need to get you cleaned up and changed. Your parents have been asking how you've been and Ai and I have been doing all we can to hide that you've been gone." Yuanji paused and stared back thoughtfully.

"Ai has?" Yuanji asked. She swallowed. "Well, thank you both very much for what you've been doing for me. It really does mean a lot." Sima started to pull Yuanji's hand to hurry her toward her room.

"We need to relieve her," Sima said. "She'll be so happy that you're back." Yuanji started to follow before stopping, pulling her hand back.

"Sima," Yuanji said. "I... I'm not coming back." Sima turned to face her.

"What?" he asked. "No, you absolutely are." Yuanji shook her head. Her face bore a fearful whiteness. She clenched her jaw and stood firm before him.

"I'm not," Yuanji said. "Not right now. I just can't."

"Yes you can," Sima said. "You're here now. We need you to."

"Sima, I just came back to see you again and to let you know what's been going on," Yuanji said. "I'm not coming back right now." Yuanji thought with a pained expression. Her voice shivered in her mouth. "A few more days. Then... I'll come back."

"No, you need to be here now," Sima said. "The crown prince Fu Jie will be here any day now to discuss his alliance with the empire and you need to be there for that, do you understand?"

"Just a few more days," Yuanji said. "Sima, I... I met someone. She's amazing and beautiful and she... lives, you know? Like, really lives. She... is life, I can't explain it, but I think I-" Yuanji paused when she glanced down the hallway to see her mother approaching, accompanied by two servants. The Empress Dowager, Hong Niyu, relayed to them a series of idle duties to be carried out in preparation for the neighboring prince's arrival. Yuanji's breath halted for a moment. She turned back towards Sima quickly. "I... I'm sorry." Before Sima could react, Yuanji turned and raced back down the hall away from her mother. Sima reached, trying to catch her.

"Yu-" he called out before stopping himself. In an instant, Yuanji dashed around the corner and out of Sima's eye-line. Sima started to rush toward her, but stayed behind to avoid suspicion. The Empress Dowager's voice grew nearer until it finally addressed him.

"Sima Yi," Niyu said. Her voice was silky and flowed like a calm river. Her beauty was known throughout the land, though she was a powerful woman that preferred respect over admiration. Her stride made it look as though she were floating beneath her robe. Her eyes found Sima's as he turned to face her.

"Your majesty," Sima said, bowing in full.

"You've been keeping my daughter rather busy, haven't you?" Niyu said. Sima rose and kept his head lowered.

"She... she's been studying hard, I assure you," said Sima. Niyu smiled.

"As to be expected," she said. "You both have been working very hard, it seems, to get Yuanji ready for the crown prince."

"She's getting there, I assure you, your majesty," Sima Yi said. Sweat trickled down the back of his neck. He scratched at his nose and looked away. "Though she may need a little more time. A few days perhaps."

"Thorough," Niyu said. "I suppose it's important that she be aware of what all her duties are to be as his betrothed." Sima felt a chill prick his heart. "But family is what's most important always, wouldn't you agree, Sima?" Sima started to answer what he knew she wanted to hear. The question echoed in his mind for a moment, casting a sour tone over certain memories.

"Yes, your majesty," said Sima Yi dryly. "Family is... most important."

"Indeed," said Niyu. "I assume Yuanji is still in her chamber studying?" Sima's gut sank. He spoke quickly in response.

"Oh, well, yes," Sima said, "er-your majesty, but uhhh... she's still studying very hard and has said that she would prefer to not be interrupted at this time."

"Oh, I'm sure she can make an exception for her mother, just this once," said Niyu. She dismissed her attendants with their duties and started off toward Yuanji's bedchamber. Sima's muscles clenched. An icy dread gripped his throat. Blood rushed from his fingertips. He started after the Empress Dowager, briskly catching up with her.

"Y-your majesty, forgive me but I must insist that we adhere to the princess's request," Sima said, fighting to hide the quake in his voice. "She has been working quite extensively on preparing for the arrival of the crown prince. She's taking her studies very seriously."

"Then I'm sure she's earned a short break to meet with her mother," Niyu said.

"Your majesty, please consider Yuanji's wishes, she's been very under the weather, as well," Sima continued. "She's studied herself too hard at times, came down with a sickness that I know she doesn't want to spread to her family."

"I am sure she is fine, Sima, now please," Niyu said dismissively. The pair closed in on Yuanji's room. The bedroom door was closed. Sima's throat started to dry. His heart punched against his chest. He picked up stride to reach the door before the Empress.

"Please, your majesty, I-" Sima said, reaching for the door to block the Empress from entering.

"Sima, you agreed that family is most important, did you not?" Niyu asked, her patience running dry. Sima paused, unable to answer. "I would like to see my daughter and I am going to do just that." Niyu stood with the advisor outside the door to the bedroom. She shot Sima a stern glance. Sima swallowed. The tips of his fingers had gone numb. Sweat beaded against his neck and chest. Slowly, he started to back off.

"Y-yes, your majesty," Sima said. His teeth chattered. He scratched nervously at his cheek. Sima took a step back. Niyu's attention fell away from him and back to the door. She began pushing it open. Sima fell in closely behind to try to intercept and control the situation better. Niyu opened the door and stepped in.

"Yuanji?" Niyu asked. She looked around. Yuanji's bed was made and pristine. On a table, pages of text sat in slightly skewed piles. A crisp air blew into the room from the open balcony. Sima followed Niyu into the room, though his scanning eyes searched for Ai, who also was nowhere to be seen. "Yuanji?"

"Yu-Yuanji?" Sima asked. Niyu looked around the room and turned back to Sima.

"You said that she was in here, Sima," she said. Sima shivered. He breathed slowly and looked back at her. "Sima?"

"Y-yes, well, your majesty," Sima started. "Um... the thing is that..."

"Mother!" A familiar voice called out from behind the princess's ornate partisan. Yuanji stepped out, wearing one of her own silk robes. Her cheeks glowed. She panted and coughed a little as she spoke. Her face glistened and her hair had fallen out of order. Sima stared in disbelief. Niyu tilted her head and smirked at her daughter.

"Yuanji, what in the world have you been up to?" Niyu asked. Yuanji steadily caught her breath. She ran her hands through her hair and pushed it back. She smiled back at her mother, the Empress Dowager.

"Uh, s-studying, mother," Yuanji said. "Just as I'm supposed to, right?"

"You are correct, but I'd suggest washing up a bit," Niyu said. She ran her eyes over the princess's appearance with twisted disapproval. "You are a princess, soon to be Empress Dowager yourself. Studies or no, you must still make yourself presentable as such."

"Y-yes, mother," said Yuanji. She bowed. Niyu took a moment to pull her focus away from her daughter's disheveled appearance.

"How have your studies been going?" Niyu asked.

"Very well, mother," Yuanji said, rising from her bow. "I've been learning so much about the kingdom and the people. It's been quite a fantastic experience, really. The, uh, reading and such." Niyu looked down. Her expression fell with a heavy sigh.

"Yuanji, is that not what you always study in here?" Niyu asked.

"Yes, but mother, I'm learning so much," said Yuanji. "About the people, the land, the commerce, the beauty... interpersonal experiences. It's all so wonderful. And I'd have to know all of that as Empress, correct?" Niyu rolled her eyes a bit.

"I applaud your efforts, Yuanji, I really do," said Niyu. "You're a beautiful, striking young woman. This drive and ambition will make you a great leader someday, but for now you just have to play along. Your father and the crown prince would very much rather your attention be focused on being an upstanding woman of the palace." Yuanji's eye roll mirrored her mother's. "I know it's not what you'd like to do, Yuanji, but that's the role you fill. At least for now. Just try to be happy." Yuanji's eyes fell. The light had faded from her expression.

"Yes, mother," she said. Niyu paused before trying to mend Yuanji's mood. She reached over to fix a strand of Yuanji's hair with her fingers.

"I'll have Sima run you a bath," Niyu said. "I'd suggest you don't let your father, or certainly not the crown prince, see you like this."

"Yes, mother," Yuanji repeated. Niyu approached Yuanji. The woman smiled. She wrapped her arms around Yuanji and kissed her cheek.

"You are still the pride of this family, my dear," Niyu said. "No matter what." Yuanji hesitated, her senses slowly easing into her mother's embrace. She returned by hugging back. She squeezed, harder than she thought she would.

"Mother," she said. She leaned against the Empress until she finally pulled away. Niyu smiled down at her.

"Thank you for indulging me," Niyu said. "I'll give you your space to grow." She turned back to Sima. "Thank you for watching over her, but please make sure she gets a proper bath."

"Y-yes, your majesty," Sima said. Niyu smiled back at them both before turning to leave. Sima walked her to the door and shut it behind her. He turned and puffed out a long, loud breath. "H-how did..."

"The stones on the wall by the balcony have deep recesses," said Yuanji, hurrying back to the partition.

"You climbed?" Sima Yi asked. "Where did you learn to climb?" Yuanji ignored Sima. With a relieved and mischievous grin, Yuanji dashed behind the partition. She stepped out with Ai, having been hiding quietly with Yuanji's commonwealth clothing.

"Ai, thank you so much for everything," Yuanji said, holding Ai's hands. "You are so amazing and I can't thank you enough."

"O-oh, well, your highness, it's just my duty," said Ai humbly with a bow. Yuanji went back behind the partition and began stripping away her elegant robe.

"You're staying, Yuanji," said Sima. "Thank you for doing this, but you absolutely need to stay here."

"Sima, I told you I can't right now," said Yuanji. Ai turned to Sima.

"Wait, s-she's not coming back?" Ai asked. Sima groaned and came closer to the curtain separating him and the princess.

"Yuanji, I'm serious," he said. "You've had your fun but it's time to come home. You have responsibilities here."

"Sima, you don't understand," said Yuanji. "It's more than 'fun' out there, it's life! Real life. It's everything I dreamt it would be and more. It's everything your mother wrote about. There's a festival tonight and everyone is going to be there."

"But it's not for you, Yuanji," Sima barked back. "Don't you get it? Your place is here. Not there."

"No, Sima," Yuanji argued back. She stepped out from behind the partition, dressed back in a cloaking gray robe and hood. She looked him firmly in the face and caught his stare. A pause rested between the two before Yuanji started to smile. "Sima... I met someone. Someone really special."

"Yuanji, I'm sorry, but you have to stay here," Sima said. Yuanji turned back toward the balcony. She looked out onto the village she had grown to know so well, appearing so far and small from where she stood.

"She's strong and funny and so so pretty," Yuanji continued. "She tells me all these stories about her life and the adventures she's been on. The town loves her. She talks to people. Real people. She teaches me things. Last night, we..." Yuanji stopped. Her face beamed a playful pink hue. She looked back, a somber smile resting on her face. "I-I can't come back yet. This girl is really special. I can't just leave her right away."

"Yuanji, Ai and I need you back," Sima said.

"I know," said Yuanji. "Just another few days. Sima, she's so amazing. I can't even begin to tell you just how much so. Like, that thing that your mother wrote about. The tickling in the public square. Sima, she does that. She's super into it. And even while I've been staying with her she's let me tickle her. It's so amazing, such an indescribable rush!"

"Yuanji, you really need to..." Sima argued before he paused. A blank dread came to his face. "Wait... like, with the stocks in the square?"

"Yeah, out in the square!" Yuanji said. "She loves it and I do too! She's super ticklish and a lot of fun to-"

"Yuanji," Sima said, interrupting her. His brows furrowed. "You met someone who gets herself tickled in the town? Like, regularly?"

"Yeah," Yuanji said, turning back toward the balcony. "She's great. I've... really loved being with her this whole time. She's taught me so much."

"What's her name?"

"But I can't stay, Sima," said Yuanji in a hurry. "I need to be with her for as long as I can." Yuanji approached the side of the balcony where the rocks on the outlier wall were irregular and jagged.

"What's her name, Yuanji?" Sima asked louder. Yuanji threw herself over the edge of the balcony, hanging onto the wall.

"The festival's starting soon, Sima," Yuanji said as she started down the wall. "I'll be back in a few days, I promise!"

"Yuanji!" Sima said over the balcony. He watched her scale down the wall with only slight difficulty. Once she reached the bottom, she dashed across the grass and ducked into the tree-rich grove for cover, heading toward the village. Dread had sunk back into Sima Yi. His expression became drained of color. He paced back into the bedchamber, running his fingers through his hair. His hands shook once more. Ai stood back and watched. Her own eyes were heavy, sorrow glistening through them like crystals.

"Sir," Ai spoke up. "Who is it that you believe she's been with?" Sima Yi stopped. He found himself staring down at the pages of text scattered across the table. Niyu's words of 'family is what's most important' rang through his memory like a distant scream.

"Meiling," Sima said softly. "Please don't let it be Meiling."

"Meiling?" Ai asked.

"The Xian Thief," Sima Yi said. He turned back toward Ai, who froze at the worry in his face. "If it is, she's in very real danger." 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

Only Yours Da A.S.

Storie d'amore

6K 191 16
Sometimes life is seems to play with you more than you think. When all you want is to love and to be loved. But when you fell for someone that your...
123K 2.5K 14
How could a normal day turn out to be so not normal? "Hmm? What's my name princess?" Her eyes gleamed with mischief a smirk on her face. I scoffed, "...
473K 8.5K 23
She planned a life alone. He planned a life to own. Only one will get what they plan. Set it Regency England. Erotic content with power exchange in...
59.9K 1.6K 18
"Good girl, now, call me Daddy!" He whispers, his voice sexy as fuck. "Daddy!" I voiced out, but it came out as a whispering threat. "Louder!" He co...