Looking For His North Star

Autorstwa nocturnal4ever

COMPLETED Entered into the 2022 Watty Awards in the fanfiction category!!🥺❤️ "We're all lost and found..." I... Więcej

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Epilogue

Chapter fifteen

946 37 16
Autorstwa nocturnal4ever

Seher checked herself in the mirror, brushing her teeth.

She wanted nothing more than to have a good night's sleep for once, but her back pain had gotten worse. And nowadays she was so tired, she couldn't stay up past ten o'clock.

The last week had been hectic, what with everything that had happened between the three brothers. After Yaman had dropped the news on him, Ali had gone to visit Çanan in prison. Seher didn't know what had transpired between them, but yesterday Ali had come to the mansion and she'd seen him deep in discussion with Yaman and Ziya, in the garden.

Hopefully, everything would be alright.

Seher washed her mouth and turned back.

Suddenly, she stumbled, a spike of pain so abrupt shooting through her abdomen. She held on to the edge of the bathroom sink, her heart pounding. Was that a contraction?

Reaching for the door, she managed to pull it open before another bout of pain left her a wheezing, gasping mess. She tried to breath through it, but the pain was so sharp, it wasn't working very well. She had to call someone for help.

The babies seemed to be coming.

"Auntie, Neslihan abla forgot to give me my milk before bed!"

Oh, thank the God above. Seher looked up as Yusuf came in, already in his pajamas, carrying a picture book.

"Auntie, are you alright?"

Seher summoned a smile, ignoring the pain.

"I'm fine, sweetheart," she said. "Can you get uncle Çenger for me? I have something important to tell him."

"You're not alright," Yusuf mumbled before dropping the picture book and dashing outside.

Seher leaned against the wall and grabbed her phone from the nightstand, to call Yaman. But the red light indicated that the battery was dead. She groaned, dimly recollecting scrolling through her gallery before she went to get changed for bed. She must have forgotten to plug it into the charger.

Another shot of pain stiffened her spine and Seher crumpled down, almost blacking out. But before she could hit the floor, hands grabbed at her, keeping her steady.

"Call Mr Yaman!" Çenger's deep voice echoed next to her. "Mrs Seher, don't worry. We're going to the hospital right now!"

Seher looked up, gasping. People were crowded in the room- she hadn't even heard them coming. Yusuf stood at the door, clutching Neslihan's hand, his eyes wide. Behind them, Adalet was in a call with someone, probably Yaman. She turned to them.

"Mr Yaman is already on his way," she said. Making her way towards them, she grabbed Seher's waist, supporting her. "Let's get you downstairs."

Çenger put an arm around her shoulders. Seher ignored the feeling of her innards shredding, and concentrated on walking. She dimly heard the whirring of the elevator coming to life.

The night air felt soothing on her nerves and Seher almost enjoyed a minute of no pain, before she doubled up, gasping for breath, a contraction so profound buckling her knees. She closed her eyes trembling.

Tires screeched on the asphalt floor and a second later, hurried footsteps neared her. Strong hands grabbed at Seher and she breathed in the familiar citrus scent, instantly feeling a bit better.

"I called the hospital beforehand. They're preparing everything," Yaman said and his calm voice soothed her frayed nerves. "Don't worry. Let's go to the hospital."

He helped her on to the backseat and climbed in next to her, so she was leaning on his chest. Despite his calm demeanor and unhurried actions, she could feel his heart racing against her back. He was nervous too, but he was keeping it together for her sake.

Çenger drove the vehicle and they arrived at the hospital. She was rushed to the delivery room at once.

Pain and fear made everything hazy, and Seher could see the blurry faces of the doctors moving around her. Her heart thudded in her chest. She concentrated on Yaman's hand around hers. The contractions were coming too close and too fast, and she fought to stay awake. She'd read somewhere that blacking out could harm herself and the babies- she would never let anything happen to the babies.

"Do something!" Yaman demanded. "Give her something for the pain!"

"It's too late, Mr Yaman," the doctor replied. "The dilating has already started..."

After that, there was only agony.

Seher didn't know how much time had passed. Maybe a few hours- maybe an eternity. She was hazily aware of the gentle fingers pushing her hair back, encouraging words murmured in her ear- you can do this, you're the strongest person I know....and she clung to her consciousness.

She didn't feel strong, she felt weak and utterly drained.

"You're almost done, Mrs Seher," the doctor said. "Just keep pushing."

What did he think she'd been doing all this time??

Next to her, Yaman drew in a sharp breath. A second later, through the fog of pain, a cry sounded and her eyes flew open. She caught the blurring image of flailing limbs, matted hair and a small face, before her body seized with another contraction.

"The other one is coming," someone said. "Hold on."

It was all over in a moment. The doctors did a quick check up, before placing the babies on her chest. Seher glanced down at them- tiny, vulnerable and so beautiful. Their children.

She looked up at Yaman and frowned.

He was not looking at her or the babies. Instead, his gaze was trained at the edge of the bed.

"Yaman?"

His eyes jerked towards her and the naked fear in them, stunned her to the core. That was when she became aware of the commotion at the foot of the bed.

"What's going on?" She asked in a small voice.

A nurse bustled towards her and took the babies from her arms. Seher felt acute pain in her chest at the loss, even more than she was in, a while before.

"Take her to the operation theater."

"Yaman, what's going on?"

But he was still rooted to the spot, face pale, clutching at her sleeve. She watched helpless, as the babies were taken out of her sight.

A wave of dizziness swept through her body and Seher fell back, groaning.

"Seher!" She heard Yaman's frantic voice. "Seher, open your eyes!"

"Don't excite the patient," someone said. "We have to take her to the operation theater, immediately."

Her head was hurting.

She was fine, right? Actually, she didn't feel anything from the waist below now, but she was fine.

Right?

She was faintly aware of her being wheeled away, and Yaman's hand clutched at her desperately for a moment, before she lost consciousness.

************************************

"Yaman?"

Yaman looked up, dazedly. Time held no concept for him as he waited infront of the operation room. His hands hadn't stopped shaking.

Ziya sat next to him, holding two coffee cups. Yaman merely shook his head.

"You've been waiting here for more than twelve hours, Yaman," Ziya said. "At least drink something. You need to stay strong for Seher, when she comes back."

"There was so much blood," he muttered. "Brother, nobody can lose that much blood and still be alive..."

"Seher will be fine," Ziya said.

"But her mother died giving birth to her," Fear rang in his voice and his insides clenched. "There was so much blood. I couldn't do anything!"

Third degree tear, the doctor had told him. It was worse, because she'd given birth to twins- and they couldn't stop the bleeding. They were doing everything they could, to save her.

Ziya patted him on the shoulder.

"Come on, let's go see the babies, Yaman."

"No, I'll wait here until Seher comes back," he said. "I don't want to see them."

"Do you honestly think Seher would want that?" Ziya asked, kindly. "She would want you to be with the babies, while she's being treated."

Yaman gritted his teeth, stubbornly.

"Don't be angry with them, for something they had no control over," Ziya said, standing up. "They're probably missing their mother's warmth. At least, give them a father's care, Yaman."

He left with one last look at him. Yaman didn't mind. When he'd imagined caring for the babies, Seher had always been next to him. He couldn't imagine doing anything without her.

But when minutes passed and the door still didn't open, Yaman stood up and dragged himself towards the maternity unit, on swaying feet. He felt numb and drained. The equation of his happy family, didn't get balanced without Seher.

A whole crowd was gathered infront of the nursery. Ziya, Yusuf, Çenger, Çiçek, Adalet and Neslihan... Even Firat and Ali were standing at the back. They were all staring through the nursery window, talking among themselves.

Upon noticing him, Yusuf streaked towards him and clung to his legs.

"Uncle, where's auntie?" He asked. "Did you see the babies? They're so small!"

Yaman picked him up in his arms, trying to find the comfort he'd been craving for hours. Then he approached the window. The others moved away to give him some space. No one tried to talk to him- the expression in his eyes probably warned them to stay silent.

It was easy to spot his babies. They were placed side-by-side, in separate bassinets. One baby was fast asleep, but the other was awake, pumping its tiny fists in the air. Yaman squinted at the label on the bassinet. A baby girl.

Their daughter.

As he watched, the baby let out a high-pitched cry. Yaman jerked, unconsciously responding to her distress. She was probably looking for Seher...

The door opened and a nurse stepped in, making her way towards the baby. She took her out of their sight.

Yaman put Yusuf down.

"Wait here, Little Fire."

He opened the door to the adjoining room, where the nurse was pacing the floor with the baby, trying to calm her down. She'd apparently brought her here, so her cries wouldn't disturb the other infants.

Her every sob and hiccup felt like heated spikes in Yaman's heart. He reached for the baby.

"Give her to me!" He said.

The nurse stopped pacing. "Sir, you can't be here."

"I'm her father," A jolt went through him, at saying those words aloud. "Let me hold her. I'll be careful."

Sighing, the nurse placed the baby in his arms. She weighed absolutely nothing. Her tiny face was red with distress, and a lock of brown hair curled under the knitted cap she wore. Her huge eyes were a light green.

She looked like Seher....

Yaman rocked her gently. Her flailing hands grabbed for the buttons of his shirt.

"Shh...." He said, softly. "Don't cry, Yildizim. I'm here..."

The baby's face screwed up, as if she was about to release another bout of wailing. Yaman held her close to him, gently patting her on the back, murmuring soothing words.

A moment passed. The baby's cries reduced to incoherent sounds and then she promptly fell asleep, tiny hands raised above her head.

Yaman stared at her, feeling his heart beat wildly in his chest. She fell asleep just like that, like she already knew him. Like she already trusted him...

The nurse approached them with a smile.

"Come on, little princess!"

Yaman took a hesitant step back, not ready to part with the baby yet.

She smiled, understandingly.

"The baby needs to sleep, comfortably, sir," she said. "Don't worry. There will be many moments like this to come."

He handed her over, reluctantly.

When the nurse took her back to the nursery, Yaman leaned against the wall, brushing a hand over his face. He felt strangely lightheaded.

He looked up. Through the crack of the door, his family was watching him. Yusuf was jumping up and down grinning, and Ziya gave him an encouraging smile.

He walked back towards the operation room, feeling a lot better than before. He knew he'd remember the first moment he'd held his daughter, for the rest of his life. The whole incident was permanently etched into his mind.

The door to the operation room was a jar. Yaman reached it hurriedly as a doctor stepped out.

"My wife," he said. "Doctor, how is my wife?"

The doctor regarded him, carefully.

"We stopped the bleeding on time. There's no danger to her life anymore..."

Yaman almost collapsed in relief.

"...she's being moved to a private room, as we're speaking. She's sleeping but she's completely alright. I'll notify the nursery to move your babies to the same room, " he said. "May she get well soon. Excuse me."

The doctor left with a nod and Yaman sat on the nearest chair, trembling. Tears prickled at the back of his eyelids but he pushed them away. After a moment, trying to collect himself, he stood up.

He had to see Seher. Maybe they lived through hell, but they overcame this hurdle too.

Together.

❤️

I was thinking about putting more angst, but then thought- screw it, the writers are giving them enough problems, at least I'm gonna give them an easy pregnancy 😂😂😂

The babies are finally here😘😘😘

I want to finish this fanfiction before the season finale and before my uni reopens. That's why I'm updating this regularly as opposed to my other stories🤗🤗

What will happen next?🤔

If you enjoyed the chapter give a vote and drop a comment 😘

-nocturnal4ever

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

321K 32.9K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
224K 8.1K 26
__COMPLETED__ Cover credit :- @_starflies_ and @IndianLegion **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF YO...
17.5K 897 24
This is a kT Fanfiction where in the lead character broke up with his first love during his graduation at High school without any closure, leaving hi...