Missing piece

נכתב על ידי overthinkerexpress

You never realise somethings missing until you've lost it. ' if you love someone you tell em' עוד

~ welcome to missing piece ~
~the carousel keeps turning~
~life changes in a heartbeat~
~tape and glue~
~councilling~
~boston~
~back to normality~
~blood is thicker than water or is it?~
~gut feelings~
A mystery will find its way to stay that way
Settling back in or getting ready to leave again?
Put em in coach
It's been six months...
Fixing yourself or the things around you?
Maybe fixing yourself isn't the answer
Because you were fixed all along
getting better isn't a one size fits all
Recovery is a long road
should I stay or should I go?
the interview
the silent treatment
the night before
it all comes down to this
a new beginning?
flight
going going gone
luna shepherd
the return
the new normal
how bad is it if you don't talk about it?
a new start?
this is me trying
authors update

Returning home or is it really home?

190 3 0
נכתב על ידי overthinkerexpress

Lunas POV

Currently staring at the wall I realised I had pushed everyone away. And that was something I truly hated myself for. The sudden thoughts of I am not the same person who was circling my head since the shooting but had finally made their way to the surface was the one thing that was leading my behaviour.

'Hey' Mark said walking into the room.

'Hi' I say not taking my eyes off the wall.

'You know luna we care that's why we are here' He says.

Don't cry, Luna. Don't Cry. Damn it.

'Luna please just let someone in' He says patting my back.

Then the tears start to just fall out of my eyes.

'Mark I don't know how I don't know who I am I say turning towards him.

'Oh Luna, that's fine. We are here for you. We can treat with kid gloves and we can sit with you and talk just please come back I miss my favourite resident. And Seattle is your home. You may not know it but that's the reason you came to Addison because you self consciously knew we'd find you.'

'Mark I can't even look myself in the mirror let alone face them. I broke myself without even knowing.' I say looking at him.

'Luna you are a very smart, sassy and empowering women who I have had the pleasure to know. If you can't see that then I will continue to remind you of it until you realise it yourself. Because we are a family and what does that mean?' He said wiping my tears off my face.

'No one gets left behind' Derek says.

'I'm sorry I...' I start to talk before he buts in.

'I heard um a lot of it and for you to know Luna you are my family and as Mark say we will remind you of who you are if you don't always see it.' He says before bringing me into a hug.

It seems to cringe but everything I've been through has led me to these amazing people and I don't know why I never thought they were my actual family. Until now.

'Okay now, can you leave the practice so we can work?' Amelia says pulling my suitcase behind her.

'Is that all my stuff?' i ask looking at it.

'Yeah, Addison sent someone to get it packed. And Luna don't be a stranger same to you two. Next just call?' She says before hugging us all.

On the plane, I was sitting between Mark and Derek and it reminded me of when they came and got me after the Army and Boston and hit me they were my family.

'So you guys gonna catch me up on anything?' I ask waking them up.

'Uh, Owen is Chief!'

'Me and Meredith are trying to Adopt a lovely girl called Zola.'

'Arizona and Callie had the baby.'

'and we have both missed you so much!' Derek finished off before looking at me.

'There's a lot that's happened. Okay so gonna have a tough time fitting back in?' I mutter to myself before wondering about one specific person they didn't mention.

Once Mark pulls up to Meredith's house the sudden thoughts hit me. It's been six months.

I take the suitcase from the boot and grab my backpack too. Just stood staring at the house. The first place that felt like home since Derek and Addisons. But I'm back.

Walking in and seeing the mess on the floor and the smell of coffee spread throughout the house. I knew it was a good decision to come back.

'So which room is mine?' I ask Derek.

'Alex's Old room?' I shout.

'Der what happened? Why doesn't he live here anymore?' I say following him downstairs.

'Well, when Meredith got caught switching the envelopes for the Alzheimer's trial and got her fired. Meredith kicked him out' He said opening and shutting the door.

'You had an Alzheimers trial?' I ask knowing he always spoke about wanting to cue Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. But never did I think he would.

'Yes which is now shut down because of it'

'Shut down? because of Meredith. How does she still have a job? Where is Zola I want to meet her?' I say looking around.

'Luna there's a lot that happened since you left. Webber took the fall because the patient she switched was for Adele Webber and the reason we don't have Zola is that they are reviewing us because Meredith ran away with her. So yes you've missed a lot.' He said sitting down.

'I'm sorry Der I seem to miss all your important things but your ways are there for me.' I say giving him a hug.

I had been unpacking for a few hours when I heard people coming back. I knew Lexie and Jackson were still together but I didn't realise how much happier they were maybe I was the issue in his life.

Leaving the room I tried to make the least amount of noise I could. Until...

'Luna?' I heard Jackson say.

I turned around slowly knowing this was gonna wreck me.

'Hi,' I say standing there awkwardly.

'Wh when did you get back?' He asked.

I couldn't help but notice he didn't have a top on and he just looked so much better than the last time I saw him.

'Uh about a few hours ago, I'm gonna go for a walk see you in a bit?' I say before walking away.

'Wait Luna we are all going to Joe's later. Would you want to join?' Lexie says behind him.

'Umm I don't know I think it would be awkward and ... Okay I'll come' Why did you say that Luna.

'Okay, we were just gonna show then go so maybe twenty minutes be downstairs and ready to go?' She said before following Jackson into the bathroom.

Sitting in the bar with everyone it really hit me how much I had missed them. Looking around I saw Karev sat the bar alone.

'What's going on Stranger?' I say sitting next to him.

I saw the shock on his face before it goes to kind of a saddened gloomy look.

'You Alex I don't hate you. Your my friend and I know you may not have many but if I get any Peds Surgeries I'll page you first.' I say before giving him a nudge.

'Ha I've missed you Little Shepherd~Montgomery' He said before I make a face.

'Shepherd. Just Shepherd.' I say grabbing a swig of my drink.

'Wow dropped the name. I like it.' He said giving me a fist bump.

'It's been weird without you. You know he still cares right? He was so happy when he found out Derek and Mark left to find you. He doesn't show it but he cares and just give him that.' Alex said while looking at Jackson.

'You know Alex you weren't the reason I left. Derek told me you and Jackson got into a big fight the night I left. And just so you know you weren't the reason. You may have been one of my reasons to stay... Not like that. Because you're my friend well family and we were there for each other.'

Looking at him I could tell he needed to hear what I was saying.

'Karev I know you wouldn't have done what you did to Meredith if I were here because I would have won Chief Resident before there was a race.' Watching his face turn into a smile made my night.

As I down the rest of my drink. I turn to look at all my friends and realise it was a good decision to come back.

The cold Seattle air hit me and at that moment I knew was home.

'Leaving so soon?' I hear a man behind me.

Turning around I see Jackson.

Everything that happened hits me.

'Yeah um thought I'd get some sleep before work tomorrow you know. Before I steal all the good cases again.' Seeing him laugh was definitely one of the biggest things I'd missed.

'Ha yeah I need some competition the others haven't been competing for that much'

'Well watch out I'm back and better than ever!'

'I'll see about that. Luna?'

'Yeah' I say laughing.

'Why did you leave? No note. Nothing you just Left'

'Jackson I don't want to get into it'

'Please I have spent the last six months thinking about why you left and maybe for who? and then you come back and act like it was nothing.'

'Acting like nothing? Jackson. Please don't. Don't act like you knew I was hopelessly in love with you then you get with my Best friend. Don't because I want to joke with you and I want to be able to look in those eyes of yours and not be in love with you okay so, please. Let me act like I was here the whole time okay?'

For the rest of the evening, I was sitting in a dark room trying to breathe because I knew once again I had said too much and I was going to regret it son.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

119K 3.7K 30
this started one day when you got added by a mistake on a wrong conversation with people you don't know. But who would think than you will find love...
20.1K 1.2K 46
Don't Be afraid of losing someone who doesn't feel lucky to have you. . I promise this book gets less cringey after a few chapters.
1.4K 129 20
How do you know if someone is crazy, or just broken? That's right, you don't.
7.6K 431 13
You had a strong feeling that you were forgetting something extremely important, yet you didn't know what.