When a liar gets you left beh...

Sentiwayne

Despite the fact that many things had changed in her class, Marinette was content-she wasn't happy, but she w... Еще

READ THIS ITS VERY IMPORTANT
Chapter One: The Regret Of Putting Your Phone On Silent
Chapter Two: A Mama's Comfort
Chapter Three: A Glitch In the System
Chapter Four: Trouble with Pinocchio
Chapter Five: Horsen' Around
Chapter Six: Chloe's Redemption
Chapter Seven: A Rockin' Surprise
Chapter Eight: A Place to Stay
Chapter Nine: Enemy or Friend?
Chapter Eleven: Coffee is a Lifesaver
Chapter Twelve: She can Remember
Chapter Thirteen: Sleeping troubles
Chapter Fourteen: Partners and Self-Doubt
Chapter Fifteen: Picking a Trainer
Chapter Sixteen: Feeling Detached and Gaining Attention
Chapter 17: An Unexpected Turn of Events
Chapter Eighteen: The Glue of The Group
Chapter Nineteen: Thinking and Looking Back
Chapter Twenty: Getting Attention On Twitter
Chapter Twenty-One: Ice-Cream and a Two Stubborn People
Chapter Twenty-Two: Childish Antics and a Nightly Tour
Chapter Twenty-Three: Chloe's New Chat Name
Chapter Twenty-Four : Honesty
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Plan
Chapter Twenty-Six: Tikki's Instructions and A Quick Decison
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Security Cameras and Possible Enemies
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sending Friends Off
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Learning and Sketching
Chapter-Thirty: Forgiveness and Discoveries
Chapter Thirty-One: An Explanation and Suprise Vistor
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Failed Attempt To Go To The Vet
Chapter Thirty-Three: Twice The Trouble
Chapter Thirty-Four: Waking Up and Panick
Chapter Thirty-Five: Headaches and Worries
Chapter Thirty-Six: Discovery and Paris Slow Peril
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Speedy Recovery
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Akuma Meetings & Investigations
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Relaxtion & Anonymous
Chapter Forty: Apologies and Friends
Chapter Forty-One: Broken Trust and Plans
Chapter Forty-Two: Projects and Lack of Logic
Chapter Forty-Three: Planning and Akumas
Chapter Forty-Four: The Cuteness of Children
Chapter Forty Five: Accepting The Obvious
Chapter Forty-Six: Choosing Friendship
Chapter Forty-Seven: Comfort
Chapter Forty-Eight: Second Chance
Chapter Forty-Nine: Brother-Brother Time
Chapter Fifty: Big Brother Wisdom
Chapter Fifty-One: Smile and Gas
Chapter Fifty-Two: Helplessness
Chapter Fifty-Three: ". . . it's still normal to be scared. . ."
Chapter Fifty-Four: Secrets are meant to be Keeped
Chapter Fifty-Five: Nightmare Encounters
Announcement
Chapter Fifty-Six-The Project and the Glare

Chapter Ten: Abilities?

2.8K 101 5
Sentiwayne

{———}

D E E — D E E

Dee-Dee worked in the hotel paperwork silently, pausing every so often to think about what she was going to say before she wrote it down.

After the a good five minutes after Marinette had left, she finally let herself set down her ball-point pen so she could think about the events that had taken place.

Before Marinette Dupain-Cheng had approached the desk, the plant's branch had been broken. She was positive. A dis-satisfied customer had purposely knocked into the plant and broken it on purpose. She was going to fix it, but then she had shown up.

And yet, when she had left, it had been fine, as if it had never been broken in the first place, which, Dee-Dee knew, was not true.

This, on top of all the other matters surrounding this girl, was very interesting.

With a firm handle on her phone, she once again called someone.

He answered on the third ring, which, considering, that was pretty quick.

"Speak," He said, his authority driven voice cutting through the phone.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng just left the building, she is staying with some people she knows. She didn't say more than that," She informed him in a pleasant, business-like tone.

"Anything else?" He said after a beat.

"She may be more interesting than you originally thought," She said slowly, then proceeded to dive into the small, short tale.

She told him about the rude customer, the plant then told him about Marinette Dupain-Cheng arriving and leaving.

{———}

T I K K I

Tikki could feel the shift immediately. Someone had come close to finding Marinette's identity. She could feel the magic being used to disrupt whatever was compromising Marinette's hard work.

Soon she felt the power of it recede— but it didn't leave completely, she could still feel its presence.

This is all electronics are good for, getting magic stuck in them, Tikki thought.

Marinette would have to get the magic out, because it would leave the computer unfixable until removed.

Tikki focused on the location of where it was and giggled quietly.

It was under Wayne Manor.

Tikki knew the Waynes were the Vigilantes of Gotham, but Marinette did not.

Tikki was a creature older than the dinosaurs, of course she knew the League's identities'.

But that was not her holder's concern, therefore, she did not bring it up.

She hoped it—the electronic, was in the Bat Cave, because it wasn't, she would probably have to get creative with how to get Marinette in and out of there.

If it was in the Bat Cave, Marinette could just think of it and teleport there with the Horse Miraculous.

Tikki hoped that was where it was.

But if that was the case, then why were the Bat folks interested in Marinette?

{———}

M A R I N E T T E

Marinette soon learned that, unfortunately, Damian was in seven of her eight classes, the exception being her elective.

That sat fairly close in every class, in one they actually were unfortunate enough to be sat directly next to each other.

The tension between them never disappeared, making for a very uncomfortable day. Marinette's shoulders never relaxed, she was always on the edge of her seat, watching him closely.

Marinette felt like she was getting a headache by the end of her last class.

It was a relief when she was able to go home, she was in the mood to work in some commissions.

She practically ran to the limo when it pulled up, not wasting any time.

When she got in, she noticed a gray limo pulling up behind them.

"You okay, Mari?" Penny asked as she entered the limo.

She slowly nodded her head, never taking her eyes off the limo.

When they started to pull off, she watched Damian enter the limo.

Marinette's eyes narrowed. That was interesting.

"Marinette, are you sure you're okay?" Penny asked again.

Marinette quickly snapped her head towards her.

"I'm fine," She said quickly, frustrated that she had made Penny worried.

Penny raised an eyebrow at her, but didn't press further, knowing that Marinette would tell her if it was serious.

Marinette ran quickly to her room when she got home.

"Marinette you look worried," Tikki stated as she popped out of her purse.

Marinette looked over at her and laughed.

"I'm fine! There was this kid at school that was....off—but I'm fine. If anything, I'm exaggerating," She said reassuringly.

Tikki automatically froze and floated closer to her, having not felt this.

"Did you possibly feel slightly light-headed around that kid?" She asked urgently.

Marinette, knowing that she would not get any answers by asking her why or other questions, decided it would be best to use answer her.

Marinette nodded her head. "Yes, I got a mild headache."

Tikki immediately squealed.

Squealed.

That did not make sense.

Marinette looked at her weirdly.

"Guardian's start to unlock certain...abilities, eventually. The better the Guardian, the more abilities you'll get!" Tikki smiled. "You're probably going to get an ability soon!"

"But why around that boy?" That made no sense to Marinette.

"I don't know...Maybe once you unlock your ability we can figure it out."

Marinette was stunned. She got powers? That was something she was unaware of.

Suddenly, Marinette yawned.

"You should sleep Marinette. Today was a big day," Tikki said kindly.

Marinette slowly nodded. That was a good idea, she didn't have any homework today.

{———}

D A M I A N

"There is a new student at school that concerns me," Damian calmly stated to everyone at the dinner table.

His voice bounced off the walls, echoing slightly in the room.

"Does their name happen to be Marinette?" Bruce said from his seat.

"I don't know her name. She wasn't exactly happy with me," He explained in a cold tone.

Jason broke out into laughter from across the table.

"Shut it, Todd." Damian said in an icy calm voice, the threat clear in his voice.

"Wasn't exactly happy," Jason's shoulders shook with laughter.

Damian clenched his hands into fists, this was why they could never have a civil conversation.

"Todd, one more word from your inane mouth—," His father's words cut him off.

"This girl is becoming more and more interesting," Bruce said, a weird edge to his voice.

"Indeed," Alfred said, popping out from who knows where.

Jason jumped in his seat, genuinely surprised by the appearance of the Butler.

"Damian, keep an eye on her," Bruce said, looking directly at his son, telling Damian that this was important.

Damian slowly nodded his head, he was determined to figure her out. Something had already happened with her that made his father suspicious, and while that did not say a lot, his father was normally right.

}———{

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

130K 2.8K 28
[COMPLETED] (The story gets a better plot after a few chapters) Sabine and Bruce siblings AU This is the story of how Marinette Dupain-Wayne...
283K 9.4K 33
When the miraculous team becomes suspicious of Lila, they are going to need the help of a certain bat-detective to determine if Lila is working with...
87.7K 3.1K 25
After the events of Paris, the happy couple wants to experience some peace and normality in Gotham. With the class scheduled to leave for several mon...
34.3K 987 19
Mannette and Damien Al Ghul were born at the same time but lived very different lives. As an heir, Damien was treasured. As a female, Marinette was n...