Unexpected

Av Discov3r

It all started with a call, a call neither one of them will forget. It started with a kiss, a kiss neither on... Mer

Unexpected
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part A
Chapter 21 Part B
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 22

75.9K 624 49
Av Discov3r

Emery grabs the bacon and I grab it from him, I open up the package, and put the bacon in the pan on the stove. 

“Cedes?” I nod my head and flip the pancake on another pan on the stove. “you’ve been really quiet since we came home from the camping trip yesterday. Is everything okay?” 

“Yeah everything’s fine,” I reinsure him. 

Emery lifts an eyebrow. “You sure?” 

I grab the pancake and put it on a plate then hand it to Emery. “Here ya go and yeah everything’s fine, I’m just tired from the trip that’s all,” I explain. Emery nods then sits at the table, I grab the other pancake and put it on my plate. I grab another plate and put the cooked bacon on it, then shut the stove off. I sit across Emery. “can I ask you a question?” 

“Shoot.” 

I swallow the piece of pancake in my mouth and speak up. “You said you’ve changed a lot, at least give me some kind of hint.” 

Emery laughs. “That’s not really a question.” 

I shrug. “Just tell me.” 

Emery rolls his eyes and grabs a couple pieces of bacon. “What is it story time?” I nod. “I’m a dick,” he answers. 

“Explain,” I say as I crease my eyebrows. 

Emery shrugs. “When I met my friends they weren’t the most nicest people ever, so as I started hanging out with them I got so used to their nastiness, I became nasty. You know throwing books down out of people’s hand, sleeping with girls then pushing them out of my bed, stealing booze, stealing cigarettes, and all that other shiznet. I got busted way too many times, I was sent to prison more times then I can count. It just got out of hand so I was sent to boot camp. I was actually in boot camp when my mom passed, I’m just hoping to make a better life for myself here,” Emery explains. 

“That’s not all that happened is it?” I ask him. 

Emery shakes his head. “I’ll be in the car,” he declares then he’s out the door.  

I knew Emery still isn’t telling me something because before when I asked him to tell me, he always flipped on me. He’s defiantly still hiding something, but could it be worst then going to jail? Or not being there when your mom is dying? Emery’s defiantly hiding something worst, you don’t tell someone what he just told me as simple as he did. He’s baby coating it for the worst part. 

With a sigh I push my chair back and put my plate in the sink and head out into the my car where Emery is waiting. I’m just surprised Emery actually opened up to me, before when I asked he would flip out on me, but he actually shared something with me. Does this mean we’re getting somewhere with each other? Maybe we were getting somewhere, maybe. I hope we are I really do. Maybe a little more down the rode Emery will eventually tell me everything, I’m not going to force him to tell me everything right away. I understand he needs time to tell me and I respect that. A little. I just hope Emery will tell me everything and no matter how bad it is I’ll still be there for him, or try to be if he lets me. 

“Volleyball try outs this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday!” Jamie, the volleyball captain, yells as she hands out try out flyers. “oh, Cedes are you trying out again?” Jamie asks as I walk by her, I turn around, and nod. “here take one it says when and where. 

I grab it from her. “Thanks.” Jamie smiles at me and continues to pass the flyers out. 

“God, I love volleyball season!” Cade adds as he walks beside me. 

“Pervert,” I mumble. 

“Oh come on, Emery tell me you don't just watch volleyball for the sport.” 

I look at Emery, he smirks. “For the ass,” Cade high fives Emery and I shake my head at the two. “well I’m gonna go to class, see you guys around,” Emery says then he’s off walking to his class. 

I look at Cade. “I thought you were going to stay at my house last night?” 

“I was but I had to pack a couple stuff and my dad works late on Sunday nights, so I was safe. So I take it I can still stay over for a couple days?” 

“Yep, the game room is all yours.” 

Cade groans. “That’s right Emery took the guest room. He got that God gifted bed,” Cade grumbles. “anyway I’ll see you in science I gotta ask Mr. M some questions. Peace!” Cade hollers as he walks down the hall, I roll my eyes, and head to my locker. 

“Hey, Cedes your boy needs to shut his mouth or I’ll shut it for him, you hear me?” Devlin snaps as he walks by me. I crease my eyebrows, what the? 

Devlin used to be on the lacrosse team but he quit when I became captain, he didn’t think it was right for a girl to be captain. That I wouldn’t meet the standers of a real captain because I had boobs. He was a dick. Even when he was on the team he use to start crap with everyone, it was horrible. The only thing that was keeping him on the team was his great Attacker skills and of course his dad’s money. Yeah, his skills were flawless but his attitude wasn’t so flawless. After every game we lost he would pick out everyone and comment on what they did wrong, no not what they did right but what they did wrong and what they needed to work on. Or every time we won a game he would take the heat, tell everyone it was because of his skills that lead us to victory. No one got the credit but Devlin, even if Devlin never scored in the game he would take credit. Attention seeker if you ask me. 

“I’m going to kill Devlin,” Noah fumes as he punches the wall near my locker. I grab Noah’s hand and put it down to his side. 

“What happened?” I ask then I put my books in my backpack then slam my locker shut. 

Noah wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into his chest. “Being a prick like always,” he replies. 

“He told me you needed to watch your mouth,” I inquire. 

Noah squints his eyes at me. “He talked to you? What did he say,” Noah rages. 

I put a hand on his chest. “Nothing he just told me you needed to watch your mouth. Why? What is this fight even about between you two?” I pry. Before Noah could answer we hear the cheers of fight in the distance, we look at each other, then we’re racing down the hallways. We push past the crowds and I gasp when I see Devlin and Emery fighting each other. 

“Devlin, stop!” I yell. Neither one of them stops as Emery throws another punch. I sigh and get in the middle of the two but of course luck isn’t on my side and Devlin throws a punch to my face. My head gets thrown back and tears dance in my eyes at the sudden throbbing pain near my eye. 

“You’re a dead man!” I hear Noah yell but after that I don’t hear anything as the pain builds up in my neck from the sudden whiplash I just had. I’ve been hit before but by a girl, never by a mans fist. Oh yeah I was hurting.

I hope Devlin gets his ass kicked. 

*

“I’m fine,” I mumble for the fifth time. 

Emery turns on the TV. “He hit you pretty hard,” he comments. 

I slowly turn my head to look at him. “You think I don’t know?” I snarl. 

“You need to tame your girlfriend,” Emery tells Noah. 

Noah shakes his head. “You’re the one who said something, not me,” Noah says. 

“You guys still haven’t answered my question!” I exclaim. “someone tell me what’s up with Devlin and you two!” I demand. 

Noah finally cracks. “Devlin went to the principle and told them to kick you off the boys lacrosse team and make a girls league, Devlin’s dad offered to pay for the new team. He was shit talking about you and we told him to shut up and crap like that, he didn’t like it,” Noah explains. 

“So he cheap shot me,” Emery adds. 

I narrow my eyes at the TV. “What’s the point of saying something now when Lacrosse season is ending in a week?” I wonder. 

The two shrug. “He just hates you,” Emery says. I nod in agreement. 

“Alright I gotta head out to pick up Bryan and Silver,” Noah sighs as he stands up. 

“I’ll walk you out,” Noah nods and we walk out of the living room and down to the door. “you might want to ice your eye and cheek when you get home,” I whisper when I trace his bruises. 

“You too,” Noah replies. “gotta pretty big bruise forming.” I stand on my tippy toes and wrap my arms around Noah’s neck. 

“Thanks for having my back today.” 

Noah slides his hands inside my back pockets. “No problem,” I grab a fistful of Noah’s hair and push his lips onto mine, our lips moving in synch with each other. I hop up and wrap my legs around Noah’s waist and he holds me up, I open my mouth wider when Noah slides his tongue on my bottom lip. My eyes roll back in my head when Noah lightly starts sucking on my tongue. Noah grazes his tongue over my teeth then starts kissing my jaw line and below my ear. I quietly let out a small moan and throw my head back, letting Noah’s tongue trail down my neck. “I should get going,” Noah mumbles. I nod my head and let Noah take me off of his waist, finally I open my eyes to meet Noah’s eyes staring down at me. 

“Call me later?” I squeak out, my neck starts burning. 

Noah grins. “Sure,” he answers then pecks my lip once more and he’s out the door. 

“Emery want to watch a movie?” I ask Emery as I jump onto the couch. 

“Sure, what movie?” 

I grin. “Goon?” 

Emery laughs. “Sure.” I smile, we had watched this movie the other night and I love it so I’m going to make Emery watch it again. 

Emery doesn’t care though, he likes watching movies with me. 

*

I poke Emery on the shoulder but he doesn’t move. I groan and lean on my crutches, poking his shoulder again. After getting nothing like the past 5 minutes, I slowly get on his bed, put my crutches on the floor, and squeeze under the covers. I clutch my teddy bear close to my body as another loud thunder goes off. 

I love thunder storms but if I wake up to loud thunder and really bad lightening I freak out, I panic, and get scared. Waking up to thunder storms just scare me, I don’t know why but it just does. Mom and Dad were working day shift and left for work an hour ago and I didn’t want to bother Cade who was sleeping in the game room, so I guess you could say I was freaking right now. 

“Emery,” I whisper. Emery barely even moved, he just laid on his stomach, breathing heavily, and sleeping like a baby. “Emery,” I sing as I poke his exposed chest. Finally, he moves a little in his spot. I poke his chest harder and finally I see his eyes open. 

“What?” he murmurs and my heart leaps at the sound of his sleepy voice. 

I move farther into the covers and turn to my side. “Can I stay the night in here? There’s a thunder storm going on outside,” I whisper. 

Emery sits up on his elbows and rubs his face, then moves over so I could have more room. “Yeah, you can turn the TV on if you want.” 

“Nah I’m good.” 

Emery turns around so he’s laying on his back and scoots over a little more, and I roll into the spot he was once in. “What time is it?” Emery asks. 

“A little past three,” I tell him. He nods and I cuddle more with my teddy bear and lay my head on one of his warm pillows and his citrus scent engulfs me. 

“Want the radio on or something?” 

I chuckle but jump when a loud and crack sound is heard and let me tell you, I could practically feel that big that thunder. “It’s fine, you can go back to sleep if you want.” 

“I’m fine with talking to you,” Emery and I both turn to our sides so we’re both looking at each other. “do you need another blanket?” Emery questions. 

“If you don’t mind,” I plead. Emery slips out of bed and my eyes land on his sculptured six pack and his blue boxers that are hanging dangerously low on his hips. I quickly take my eyes off of him as I was ready to drool. 

“Here, its meant to warm you up,” Emery says as he drops a heavy white blanket on me, I sit up and spread it on the bed and Emery slides back into bed. “what did your parents say when you told them I’m suspended for a week?” 

I shrug. “They would only care if you got in a fight for no reason, so you’re fine,” I reinsure him. 

“You sure?” I nod. Then another set of thunder goes off and my heart nearly jumps out of my chest. 

“Emery?” Emery hums for an answer. I snuggled deeper into the blankets and close my eyes. “thanks.” Emery hums and then we’re both asleep in a matter of seconds. 

*

“AHH!”

I jerk up and snap my eyes open, “AH!” I yell back. 

Emery sits up and rubs his eyes. “What the?” he asks and we both look at the door to see Cade looking at us two with a horrid facial expression on his face. 

“You guys have a lot of explaining to do,” he snaps. 

Oh my…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote <3

comment <3

And tell me what you think <3 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

35.2K 1.5K 43
Not everyone's trust issues come from failed relationships. Sometimes, it comes from the family and friends closest to us. Griffin Miller and Parker...
3.2K 350 54
Start Date: September 16, 2017 End Date: August 1st, 2018 Shapeshifting has always been around us but we've chosen to remain ignorant to the signs we...
86.8K 5.7K 35
*book 1 in the Elementals series* Four teens all connected in a way they didn't know was possible. Kailani: She was left on a d...
6.1K 187 62
Two teenagers fight for their right to just be in love, no matter the consequences. This is their story, two high school sweethearts with a nine mont...