Don't Get Away From Me

Bởi MoonWong0309

Having a traumatic and abusive childhood, Edgar never really enjoyed living. He just lives for...living. Unti... Xem Thêm

A|Author's note
1|Prologue
2|New Beginning
3|Work Days
4|Opening Ceremony
5|He's Cool
6|Brawl Stars
7|Training
8|Her behavior
9|Friday Mess
10|Starr Park
11|Castle Of Cactus
12|Solo Showdown
12B| Not a story update but please notice🎺
13|His Behavior
14|Brawl Ball
15|Solo Showdown II
16|The Letter
17|Addiction
18|Nightmare
19|Shooting Stars
20|Preparation
21|Tomorrow
22|Loss
23|Absent
24|Beats For You
25|Don't Get Away From Me
26|The Truth
27|The Past
28|Realization
29|The Scars And The Stars I
30|The Scars And The Stars II
31|February
32|Plans
33|The Gift
34|Butterflies
35|The Night
36|A Thing
37|Cards
38|Another Project
39|A Bug
40|One Of Those
41|The Blossom Season
42|Dr. Edgar
44|Coma I
45|Coma II
46|Again
47|Not Like That
48|Ignore
49|Worth I
50|Worth II
51|Evil
52|Red
53|Just Wanna Dance
54|Don't Wanna Dance I
55|Don't Wanna Dance II
56|With You I'd Dance
57|Burden
58|Selfish
59|Memorable
60|Too Memorable
61|Choker
62|Bad Influencer
63|Distraction
64|My Everything
65|Your Nothing
66|Magical
67|Screaming Color
68|Polaris
69|8 Letters
70|Scar
71|Even If
72|To Stay
73|To Run
74|Piece Of Land
75| Not Jealous
76| Small Soul
77| Pick A Side
78|Blueberries I
79| Blueberries II
80| September 4
81| Heartbeats
Epilogue I: Dear Diary
Epilogue II: Miscommunication Trope
Bonus: Fact Sheet
Thank You.

43|Biodome

202 1 10
Bởi MoonWong0309

[Bea's pov]

"God darn it Rosa!" I groaned as both Edgar and Colette were sent into a hospital. "You just made the worst mistake ever!" I frowned and rubbed my temple. How could she even do this?

Right now, it was chaotic. The Blossom Season literally just started a day ago and now it was closed. I'm in it, scolding at Rosa for making the biggest trouble ever.

"Ugh, you make them wrong again...the one you gave Edgar was the one with poison." I said as I took out another purple flower. "It was a relative of belladonna, remember? The deadly sweet fruits that it produces?"

Rosa nodded, looking down. How is a zoologist teaching about plants to a biologist?

"And THIS is the one you should give to him. A nice, kind and sweet flower that will tear itself up if the master die." I sighed, knowing she wasn't focusing again. "What're you thinking again, Rosa?"

She frowned slightly. "No...even it, couldn't do so much damage...."

"What do you mean? It is deadly!" I asked doubtfully.

"Yeah, but it won't exude smoke..." Rosa was still thinking hard.

Beep. Beep. I stood up from my chair immediately. The bees were talking to me. I could sense it. It is close. I quickly grabbed a plastic cup and left the small laboratory on the fifth floor. "Something's happening, Rosa. I'll be back!" I yelled as I closed the door and ran to the third floor.

It's somewhere close...

I searched around, and saw 5 bees were looking at the same direction. Aha, here it is. I kept my breath silent and I stepped towards the alien. I was behind it so it didn't notice me...

I used my cup to stop her from escaping. Finally, gotcha. The bees surrounded the cup and I put out a paper from my pocket. Then I folded it until it was tougher, then I slowly slipped it under the cup, blocking up the ways for the alien to escape. Finally, I took the cup and the alien lost the hope to get out.

If only I could catch it earlier...I sighed and got back to the fifth floor, feeling like a mess. I should've been happy that I finally got the alien, and so easily. But all my braincells were thinking about the affair. Edgar was definitely manipulated...

"Hey, I'm back." I said as I closed the door behind me, going back to the laboratory.

"Hey Bea." Rosa greeted as she was drawing something on her paper on the desk. "It still makes no sense...a plant can't produce smoke. Not that kind of plant."

I frowned. I guess her mind is also stuck with the events... "Anyway, I just caught it." I said nonchalantly as I found a large transparent box and put the cup inside. Then I closed the gaps of the box so that I could finally do my observation again.

Rosa's eye widened and she looked at the alien immediately, putting down her pencil. "H-how did you catch it? We spent almost an entire month! And you just...left the room for 20 minutes and got it?"

I laughed slightly. "It just..kind of happened."

I looked at the box closely. The alien struggled to get out of the cup and began yelling. Hm...a really special creature. The lucky thing was, the box was quite thick and no one could really hear what it was trying to say. I leaned a little closer and summoned one of my bees to get into the box. Let's see if we can communicate.

A bee from my arm flew out, and into a small hole of the box. Just as it got in, the alien's expression changed immediately. It's eyes focused on the bee and studied it. What's it trying to do? Suddenly, it pulled out a gun. A very tiny gun that only it could use. Then it aimed at the bee who was moving swiftly.

The next moment, it shot the bee. Wait...Both Rosa and I looked at the gun. It wasn't bullets.

"W-what's it shooting?" I asked quietly.

"Goodness..." Rosa paid all her attention to the smoke that flew from the gun. "The smoke...."

The smoke.

I instantly looked up to Rosa, wide eyed. "The smoke that the flower exuded."

Rosa nodded with a frown. "Exactly...how did it happen? My biggest hypothesis is that this little thing had done something."

"Oh my...." A sudden thought appeared in my mind. I took out a small microphone that could communicate to the bees. "Bee May, please turn on the speaker."

The bee in the box immediately turned to look at me. I gave her an assuring nod. "Alright, let's see if it could work..."

"Umm..hello?" I smiled at the alien who was staring at the bee, horrified. "Hi? Can you hear me?"

The alien didn't even dare to move. "Oh well umm, I'm Bea." Yeah of course...how would it understand? "Uh, you, a mother?" The alien suddenly turned to look at me. I pointed to it as I said "A mother".

It didn't even flinch. It needs to work.... "You, mama?" I asked again. How am I even communicating with an alien?

Surprisingly, it nodded.

"You, have kids? Babies?" I asked again, and did the hand signal of rocking a baby.

It nodded again.

"Umm...flower, kids?" I questioned, drawing a flower and showed it to her.

The alien pointed at the flower and nodded, but then pointed to the small aliens that I drew, and shook her head. I frowned and tilted my head, not understanding.

She tried to speak. "E-eeeeeck."

I turned my head to Rosa who was as confused as I.

"Eeeee-ge" what?

"Eeeeeg!" The alien shouted. Okay she's definitely not a young mother. The power in her voice was so strong.

Oh. How stupid I am. I immediately erased the aliens that I drew, and made a few circles instead. I showed it to her. "Eggs?"

The alien smiled and nodded. Eggs. That's interesting.

"You, from space?" I asked and drew a few planets, the sun and the earth. Then I circled a random planet that wasn't the earth or the sun.

The alien shook her head, and shrugged her shoulders. "Wo-oo-under."

I frowned again. Rosa had already given up on communicating with the alien since she couldn't figure out a single thing.

"Wonder?" I asked, drawing a question mark. The alien frowned too. "Waaaaa-under."

Wander.

"You wander? In the space?" I drew a her and a few lines, then some questions marks. The alien took some time to understand my picture, and eventually nodded.

"Home, no?" I drew a house and the alien with her eggs were in it, laughing. The alien looked at it and her face turned sad. "N-No."

"Oh, poor thing..." I stopped asking questions as I wrote down some notes.

It was all silence, until it suddenly yelled excitedly. "Pa-raaaa-site! Booooody! Home!"

"Um, again?" I was shocked from her sudden grin.

"Paaarasite! Boooody! Home! Home!"

Wait.

Parasite? Body? Home?

Gosh.

"You're a parasite?" I asked and drew her in a woman's body.

She nodded.

"Um, do you live in plants?" I drew her in a flower. She nodded. It can't be...

"You once were a parasite of this?" I searched a photo of the flower that Edgar wore. She frowned and shook her head. Whew...Then she answered me, "Myyyyy eggs. Home."

Goodness. That makes sense. The smoke...I drew a picture of eggs in a flower. Then some smoke coming from it. "Your eggs are living in it? Controlling it?" I drew a brain and then a cross.

The alien nodded. "Uh God...okay..." I frowned as I turned to see Rosa who was already asleep. "Bee May, turn off the speaker and get out. We've got a new mission.

[Emz' pov]

I really have no word about it.

Edgar lost his mind and hurt Colette.

"Please Rosa, can I take Colette home? I mean, I have other ways to help her feel better other than just let her stay in a hospital." I begged as I felt my tears struggled to get out. It's been 6 days...

"Well ummm...she'll be fine. We just don't know how long she will stay in a coma." Rosa stated, scratching her head.

"C'mon, I'll take care of her! Staying here will do Colette no good, please! I'll pay for it!" I told her over and over again. Both Edgar and Colette were in a coma and I could only stay here and looked at Colette...it hurt.

"I'll need to ask for permission...but I will try to help." Rosa finally agreed.

"Really? Thank you thank you thank you! I promise I'll take care of her. I- I don't know what to do. Thank you..." I tried my best to control my tears as Rosa walked away with a small smile and a nod.

I knelt on the ground and rest my head on the bed. Colette was still in a coma and half of her upper body was being wrapped up. My poor girl...I let myself sobbed quietly as all the memories came back and haunted me at night over and over again.

[flashback.]

Aha, it's finally lunch break! I should get going to see The Blossom Season! New flowers equals to new hair sprays and perfumes and I can't wait! Talking about perfume, I had forced Colette to wear my favorite perfume of all time, Wonderstruck. That's the best scent I could ever feel.

1:05 pm. Oops! I need to go!

Running to Starr Park, I saw hundreds of people talking about the new opening of the building. It just made me even more excited!

Eventually I got there, breathing heavily. I hope Colette and Edgar are having fun. It was all good, at the beginning. I saw Bea and Sprout taking requests and answering the questions about the plants. I waved at them with a smile.

"Hey Emz! Finding someone?" Bea asked as she saw me.

"Hmm, maybe later. I prefer letting them enjoy their own time first." I giggled.

Only if I had found them earlier...

"Alright! Have fun!" Bea smiled sweetly.

I spent quite some time on a very beautiful plant. It kinda looked like a rose, but the color was always changing and it's the best, I could tell. The various of colors can be a new theme for hair spray. Wow. This place is giving so much inspiration!

1:40 pm. Time really flies. I took some pictures of some of my favorite plants and their information. Then wrote down notes in my phone. I guess I should find them now.

"Babe, have you seen the skins? Damn they're disgusting!" A lady, seemingly talking to her boyfriend. "Hm, yeah. Insects are not my favorite, I'd say."

Skins?

Rosa was talking to some visitors. I walked to her.

"Hey Rosa. Are there...skins?" I questioned curiously.

"Oh hey Emz. Yeah! We've got 4 new skins for Bo, Meg, Rico and Edgar!" Rosa grinned, but her smile dropped soon, "But seems like most of them don't really like the idea of combing insects and plants with clothes, huh?"

"Oh, ummm, yeah maybe." I faked a smile, "Do you know where Edgar and Colette are? I'm trying to find them."

"Oh I let them to have fun, so the only thing I could tell that is they're in this building." Rosa smiled sheepishly. "But if they have a quick look of all the things here, I guess they're on the third floor."

"Alright. Thanks! I can't wait to see the skins." I smiled and walked away.

And I headed to the third floor. It took me a few minutes to go upstairs and they're all long. I hope they'll add elevators soon...

I'm so stupid...why didn't I check the time?

I finally got to the third floor, breathing heavily. Geez, it's such a big place. Unfortunately, it's the hardest for me to find them here. It was super crowded and the third floor has the largest flat. I groaned lightly amend walked around the place, finding even more inspiration. But that's not the point. I wanted to find them and talk to them.

It wasn't a want...it was a strong feeling that I needed to find them...I can't tell what is it, but I just felt it.

"Hey! Umm..have you ever seen Edgar? Or Colette? From Brawl Stars." I asked a few random strangers after a few minutes of not finding either Cole or Egger. Some of the strangers nodded and made a disgusted face, but didn't know where exactly they were at.

"Oh, yeah! I've heard that they're heading back to the gift shop." A woman said.

"It makes sense...WAIT I'VE SPENT ALMOST 10 MINUTES HERE? Oh, umm...I'm sorry. Thanks, I'll leave now." I smiled nervously and immediately ran downstairs again.

Just as I got to the first floor, I gasped at everything that was shown in front of me. 2 teenagers fainted on the ground and many people was looking at the same direction. They were whispering things and some of them filming. I heard some strange sounds but couldn't quite tell what was exactly happening.

What's wrong? With confusion, I pushed away the crowds.

"YOU'RE GONNA LEARN." A very odd and strange voice growled, and it's from....

Edgar. In his Doctor skin and a weird purple flower...pointing to a teenager who was spitting out blood. He kicked the boy's stomach and his face was all mad and angry.

"EDGAR! YOU'RE KILLING HIM!"

Colette.

I needed to do something. There were still a lot of people ahead of me and I could only get closer to them by moving slowly. Ugh, there're so many people...I was still super puzzled, but there are more important things. Edgar didn't seem like Edgar. His eyes were purple with a hint of burning red and he looked pale.

"I don't give a fuck." The voice said. That's not Edgar's voice...what's happening? Is it a show or something? It's too real, no...

"NO!"

Just as Edgar was going to lift up the person lying on the floor, Colette ran out and stopped at right in front of him. Standing between the teenager and Edgar.

Colette was lifted into the air.

I froze. What am I supposed to do? He wouldn't hurt her, right? He wouldn't...

"You're gonna fucking sleep."

My breathing turned heavily as I felt I was sinking down from fear. I felt numb...Looking down, I didn't dare to see what's happening. Think, Emz. Think.

If only I could've brought my poisonous hair spray...

"Ugh!" Colette cried. "Don't hurt anyone! Edgar!" She yelled. But Edgar didn't seem to hear anything. I've never seen him grinning like an absolute psychopath. Nothing makes sense...he didn't seem like himself...

I looked up again and all I saw was Edgar's freaking flowers throwing Colette into the air. She then hit the ground and collapsed.

WHY WAS I STANDING THERE LIKE AN IDIOT! WHY WAS I SUCH A COWARD?

"Goodness, Cole!" I felt like my sanity just broke as I pushed away everyone and ran to Colette who was bleeding heavily.

"No no no no no...it can't be happening..." I looked at her fainted figure. Her breathing was so light.

I called the hospital immediately and a few more nice visitors helped me from taking care of Colette.

"UGH! FUCK! STOP!" Edgar's voice was back. Did I care? I did, but could I do anything? No. I need Colette to live.

[flashback ends.]

I looked at Colette and held her hand gently, caressing it with my thumb.

"You'll be fine, Cole. You'll be fine, I promise..."

"Emz?" a voice appeared behind me.

"Emz, we've...found out the conclusion of what exactly has happened." Bea said as she quietly closed the door behind her.

I quickly grabbed a tissue and cleaned up my messy face, then turned to her with a fake smile. "Uh, yeah?"

"Well, I feel like, it can be a new Brawl Pass theme called Biodome, by the way. It's a long story, Emz. Please come and we'll have a talk." Bea suggested with a small smile.

Biodome?

"Alright, I'm coming." I sniffed and grabbed my bag, standing up.

Bea smiled warmly back. "Edgar and Colette are going to be fine. I'll let my sidekicks and some bees help and send Colette back to your house. It's quite an exceptional, but I know you'll take care of her well. Let's go."

I nodded.

It's such a terrible week.

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~

Basically this chapter is giving more information for you guys to know more about what happened. And yep, both Edgar and Colette were having a bad time in a coma ;-;
They'll be fine. I'm still kind of a softie and I don't want anyone to die.
That's all. Thanks for reading this chapter! I appreciate the fact that you still support this despite my diminishing writing skill ;w;
Aight bye!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

5K 97 111
Rise of the Darkness is a Tale of New Beginnings-in this book, the Fang x Janet, Edgar x Colette and Leon x Jessie relationships are built up as the...
2.8K 51 42
[[THIS STORY HAS MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, SELF HARM, AND SEXUAL ABUSE.]] Y/N grew up a normal child. She had normal parents, an annoying younger brother...
6.7K 60 22
This is a book of how I interpret the brawlers' backstories so if you don't like it...tell me about what you think in the comments!A lot of times I j...
4.7K 126 8
It's easier to dwell on hating Spike in secret. Working in the gift shop with Colette, Edgar downs all the flavors of anger before facing the taste o...