His Barrier

By kaightherman

COMPLETED โœ“ (edited 26th February 2023) Many teenagers deal with peer problems and social anxiety; well, the... More

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š/๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ - ๐๐จ๐จ ๐๐ž๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐‚๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ - ๐€๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐๐จ๐ฆ๐›
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ‘ - ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ?
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ“ - ๐‚๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ค
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ” - ๐’๐ฅ๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ• - ๐“๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ– - ๐“๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ-๐ž๐
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ— - ๐๐ž๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š๐ง ๐ž๐ฑ๐จ๐ซ๐œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฆ
*NOT A CHAPTER* a/n - special thanks #2
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ - ๐’๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ซ๐ค๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐ƒ๐ฒ๐ฅ๐š๐ง ๐Ž'๐๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐‰๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐€๐ฏ๐จ๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐ข๐œ๐ซ๐จ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ฌ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ - ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ข๐ญ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ - ๐’๐š๐ซ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ - ๐Ž๐ค๐š๐ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” - ๐„๐ฑ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ• - ๐‚๐จ๐๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ž๐ง
*NOT A CHAPTER* something like a/n
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– - ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐ค๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— - ๐‹๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ ๐‘๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‡๐จ๐จ๐
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ - ๐Œ๐“๐’
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฐ๐ 
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š๐ง ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ
๐–‡๐–”๐–“๐–š๐–˜ ๐–ˆ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— 1
๐”Ÿ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ ๐” ๐”ฅ๐”ž๐”ญ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ 2
๐”Ÿ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ ๐” ๐”ฅ๐”ž๐”ญ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ 3

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ’ - ๐€๐ฆ๐จ๐ž๐›๐š ๐š๐ง๐ ๐’๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š

148 9 2
By kaightherman

"OOOH I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY!!"

"Sage, quit it!!"

"I WANNA FEEL A HEAT WITH SOMEBODY!!!!"

"I'm gonna hit you with a pan."

"With somebody who loves-" I inhale.

"MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Y'all, don't tell me you don't have those little concerts while showering?

Also, the best part is that you get to annoy your family.

Then, I hear a loud knocking on the bathroom door.

"There's a guy here." wasn't a phrase I was expecting.

Wait, why would they inform ME that a guy is here?

...

OH SHI-

I quickly finish my showering concert -which everybody enjoyed, by the way- and made my way downstairs.

I wide my eyes as Natalie talked to Max, but not in a...very friendly way...

Gosh, her flirting will cost me my ass.

I inhale sharply and approach them.

"Hey." Max shoves his hands in his pockets and starts leaning back and forth nervously.

AW! Is this his first time at a girl's house??

...

Probably not.

Maybe he's that type of bad boy who makes trouble but doesn't give a single crap about girls.

Yeah, that sounds more suitable.

"H-" I start to say, but fire alarm goes off.

We stand there totally confused when a sudden light bulb floats around Natlie's head.

"SHIT!" Natalie shouts and rushes to the owen.

"Language." I warn her because there are virgin ears in the living room.

I take a small peek inside the kitchen to see Natalie waving around with a kitchen towel. Then, I look at Max who stands there awkwardly and I get the memo that I'm supposed to welcome him with some sort of gesture in our 'oh so lovely' home.

"Uhm, you can sit, I guess." I gesture towards living room where Georgie and some boy are playing xbox.

Wait, what is that boy doing in our house by the way?

"Who are you?" I look at the boy who completely ignored my existence.

Gee, thanks. I was scared like pigeon when somebody older would speak to me.

"Who is he?" I ask Georgie who just shrugs his shoulders.

Ah, great. Now we are the homeless shelter.

At a sudden chuckling I turn around to see Max. He quickly changed his facial expression witht he way I looked at him.

"Okay, you-" I point to the blonde boy, "-out. Georgie, up in the room do...homework." I make the 'shoo' move and the boys stand up groaning.

"Someone has a parental gestures." Max mumbles beside me looking at me with his amber eyes.

Did I mention they look absolutely gorgeous?

...

Sage, focus.

In return, I just roll my eyes and make my way into the kitchen to see what's Natalie doing.

"Okay, so, Lasagnas didn't go as planned." Natalie makes a guilty smile and I chuckle.

~~~~~~~~

"This is so boriiiiiiiiiing!!" Max whines throwing his head back.

I bite my lip trying not to smile or laugh at his expression.

"You're such a Salmonella." I mumble.

At my words, he shoots his head to face me with furrow eyebrows.

"That's a bad bacteria." he comments.

"Good job! Do you want a medal?"

He rolls his eyes and stares out the window to think for a second.

"Then, you're an Amoeba." he gives me a toothy grin and I wide my eyes.

"No." I shake my head signaling him to not call me that.

I hate nicknames. Like, HATE! It's too cute that it's disgusting.

"YES! You change your shape as you move, which means you constantly change your mind and nobody can read you. It's like you're a closed book and unable to be read. Everyone is in attempt to try to make you open up, but you just don't want to. You are hesitant in making new freinds and you just want to stick to your regular rhythm which annoys the hell out of me, but it just makes you more interesant. Scientists tried to create you in lab, don't make this sound weird, and they couldn't, even though you're an unicellular protist, you're very complicated. Which makes you, Sage Parker, a very special spiece along with Miss Amoeba."

Max just threw a big ass bomb to make me speechles and jaw-dropped. He compared me to a microorganism and exchanged how are we similiar?

He leans closer to me and puts his pointer finger under my chin.

"You're gonna swallow a fly, amoeba."

I shoot up from my chair and stare at him wide-eyed.

"I'm not an amoeba!" I whine still not breaking our eye contact, which I may add, makes the whole situation for me more awkward.

"Sure." he rolls in his chair and continues to type on his laptop.

Oh he did NOT!

"Don't do the chair roll with me, young man!" I point a finger at him and approach him closer to lock eyes with him once again.

"I mean, you can prove that you're not..." he shrugs.

"REALLY??" I look at him now a little more excited.

"Uhm no. Because you are a 100% ass amoeba."

I sigh deeply and sit back in my chair, staring blankly in my document.

"How could you possibly read me like that while knowing me not even a full day?"

Silence.

"Maybe destiny sent me to you just for you to acknowledge your social deficiency."

We look at each other, him clenching his jaw in attempt not to laugh, and I tuck in my lips trying not to burst.

Not even a second later, we start laughing, holding bellys.

"How did you even-" I start to say, but unable from my laughing.

"I don't know!" Max says breathlessly holding his stomach.

After a minute or so, we finally calmed down and fell into a comfortable silence.

Boy, I didn't laugh like this since Mel fell into the fountain this Spring.

And Max's laugh is like...

It's like angels were trumpeting in his throat with holy trumpets sent with fast delivery from heaven.

Not AliExpress, though.

We continued working on our presenatation for the next two hours, and may I say that I'm pretty satisfied with how it ended up with. I could smell an A coming, yeah yeah!

And Max isn't as bad as I though he'll be. He made me laugh more than I ever did in past few months.

Maybe...

Maybe I should let more people in my life...

~~~~~~~~~

Huiiii!!!

I hope you're doing well in all this vaccinated covid messsssss.

Comment on your opinions about Max and Sage!

I'm dying to know how you're liking this book so far.

Byeeeee, love you!!!

-kaight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

942K 83.4K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
1.1M 37.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
723K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...