-ˋˏ partners in crime ˎˊ- ‏...

By lucyluhvs

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ summary: Katie Mahone is a ball of energy and a people person. She is always on the mo... More

INTRO
PLAYLIST
PROLOGUE
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.

XXVI.

1.5K 79 129
By lucyluhvs

___________________

___________________

KATIE'S POV

  I sigh, my body feeling sore as I roll my head. I just got out of the shower and not even the warm water could sooth my muscles after the week I have had. Especially after that mission.

  In fact, the only time I did relax this week was with Tim.

  I get dressed and apply the proper hair products to my hair, plopping it in a t-shirt before I sit down on my bed and grab my sketching pad.

  I start to sketch a few random ideas, like Bunny, a bowl of ice cream, a cup of coffee, anything. Before I even realize it, it's been two hours and their is someone at my window.

I hear a knock, my eyes going to Red looking in.

  My eyes widen and I rip off the t-shirt from my head, my hair still a bit wet as my curls fall out. I run to the window, unlocking and opening it before I step aside and he slides in, his face slightly pained.

  "Hey..." I trail off, my eyes on his face, "What's- you are hurt!" I whisper yell as I quickly lock my bedroom door before I look back at him.

  "I'm fine," He states, but I don't believe him. There is a cut on his torso that is bleeding through is suit. Luckily, his suit is mostly red.

  "You aren't," I shake my head as he sits in my chair, leaning back so it doesn't put pressure on it.

  "I'm really fine, it's shallow," He reassures me before saying, "And that's not why I am here."

  "I don't care why you are here until you at least slap a bandage on that," I say as I get my first aid kit out. It is like five years old and I haven't ever opened it, but my Pops insisted I have one. Thank you Pops.

  He sighs, but watches me get out some gauze and tape. Bunny hops up on the desk, sniffing him for a moment before meowing.

  He smiles a bit and tries to pet her, but she jumps away as if he hurt her, making him watch her in confusion.

  When I sit down in front of him, I have hydrogen peroxide too. He eyes the supplies before he slowly peels his top up, his abs well defined. They look especially nice with the moonlight shining in on them right now.

  I mentally scold myself as I take in the cut, realizing he was right; it is shallow.

  I start by clean his cut, thinking 'what would Hazel do?' to myself. Then I realize this is really simple and the hardest part is ignoring the abs. I look up at him, his eyes already on me, making me look back down as I press the gauze to it, and tape it in several places, hoping that makes it hold.

  "There," I say and move my hands way as quickly as possible, my cheeks burning slightly.

  "Thanks," He mutters, still watching me as I sit down in my other chair directly next to him.

  "No problem," I brush of his thanks, my eyes on him as he turns his attention to his torso, carefully pulling his shirt down. When he looks back up, I pretend I was looking at Bunny who is watching us from the floor, her tail flickering slightly. "That mission was draining," I say, trying to cut the awkwardness.

  "Are you okay?" He asks, his eyes studying me, "I was worried. It was a lot of power for you to take on."

  "I'm okay," I confirm, nodding, some of my curls falling in my face. I push them back, him watching the movement carefully. "They are stubborn," I laugh nervously, "My curls like to do whatever they want."

  He opens his mouth, before he shakes his head, almost as if telling himself no. He looks back up at me confused before saying, "I... That's why I am here. I noticed your curls fall in your face on missions and in training... We got you a sort of headband." He moves, hissing a little, his scratch pulling as he pulls a silver headpiece out of his biggest pocket.

  He shows me, my eyes scanning the headband. It is beautiful, the silver shining. It is not in the norma shape of a headband though, coming in at the middle like a widow's peak.

  "Here," He says, leaning closer as he puts it on me. His eyes focus on centering it on my head, while I stare at him.

  He smiles lightly as he admires it before he looks down at me, his smile slowly fading.

  I want to see his face, his eyes. I want to see all the details I can't see with his cowl on. I want to see him.

  His hands rest on the sides of my chair, making me feel slight trapped in.

  My heart beat quickens, and before I can stop myself, I slowly bring my hands to his face, to his cowl. His eyes watch me, his face unmoving as his lips part.

  My fingers touch his cowl, and I slowly start sliding it off. He doesn't stop me at first, before his hands clasp around my wrists, holding them there for a moment as if he weren't sure if he wanted it off or not.

  After what seems like ages, he sighs, his eyes closing as he pushes my hands down.

"I'm sorry," He mutters, "I just-"

  "No," I shake my head, taking my hands back as if he burned me, "I didn't mean... I didn't mean to do that, I'm sorry." I stand up, putting some distance between us so I can get my thoughts in order.

"You don't have to apologize, I just-"

  "It's okay, Red," I stop him, his expression full of guilt. I wrap my arms around myself, smiling at him to let him know it really is fine, "I know you, I don't need to push you to tell me who you are. When you are ready, you can tell me. I don't mind waiting," I say, sincerely.

  "Katie," He mutters, standing up, his hand stretched out.

I step back, "Seriously, it's okay."

  He clenched his jaw before he nods, turning his eyes to the floor. "Thank you," He says, his eyes flickering back up to me.

  "No problem," I say before I look down at his torso, "Umm, you should probably get home or get that looked at."

  He looks down, like he forgot it was even there as he says, "Oh, yeah," He nods before he looks up again, "Thank you for that. And sorry to just come in... I just wanted to give you the headband and was in the neighborhood."

"It's okay, you are welcome anytime," I smile.

  "Meow," Bunny says looking between us before she walks to Red, her talk high in the air as she stops right by his feet. She pauses, waiting for him to pet her.

  He grins down at her, bending to scratch her back. This makes her turn quickly on her back to attack his hand as if she didn't just ask him to pet her. He continues to scratch, making her roll and run away.

  He looks back up at me, a soft smile on his face, "Good night, Katie."

"Night, Red."

_____________

TIM'S POV

  I slip into the Batcave, Bruce and Damian looking at me as I do so.

  "Report," Bruce asks, before scanning over me, "You are hurt."

I grimace. Was it that easy to notice?

  "It's just a cut," I reassure him, walking closer. I take my cowl off, thinking back to Katie before I push the thought away.

"Get Alfred to check it," He orders.

  Damian narrows his eyes at me, making me raise an eyebrow at him but I look away as Alfred appears, almost as if he heard us talking.

  "Master Tim," He greets me before pointing to the med-bay.

I nod and go in there, peeling off my shirt.

  The gauze Katie applied is starting to bleed through. It's nothing life endangering, but I may need stitches.

  It was stupid on my part. I got too caught up, too cocky, and the end result is this.

  Alfred eyes the gauze, but doesn't say anything about it as he peels it off.

  Just like I thought, he pulls out a kit he uses for stitches.

  "Would you like anesthetic, Master Tim?" He asks, looking up at me.

"I'm okay," I say, causing Damian to scoff.

I look up at him, at the door of the med-bay.

  "What do you want, Gremlin?" I snap, annoyed with him always lurking.

  Damian fully walks in, crossing his arms in front of me, "Listen, Drake," He glares, "I can't do another one."

"What?"

  "Another couple," Damian clarifies, making my eyes widen, "Brooklyn and Grayson, I assume will be back together soon, and Todd and Williams are nauseating enough. I will not allow you to contaminate more of my life with useless cuddles and gazing into Katie's eyes."

"What are you-"

  "Do not be coy," Damian interrupts me, "You went to go to see her tonight. That's who wrapped your wound. And she may be on the team now, but she does not need to become your girlfriend." Alfred raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything. "Love is useless and is just a way for others to find a weakness in you. You are already weak so I would not give enemies anymore leverage."

  "I am not weak!" I glare before adding, "And you don't get to decide if I get in a relationship, twerp!" I wince as Alfred starts the stitching, him having been cleaning the wound this whole time.

Damian raises an eyebrow at me, "Weak."

  I narrow my eyes at him, and the next time Alfred pokes me, I don't react.

  Damian huffs, "I'm just warning you. Don't add another couple into the mix, Drake."

  "As if you can stop me," I spite out before I even realize I am saying it.

  I hadn't given much thought to actually dating Katie. I just knew I liked her and wanted her to be safe. I didn't care if there was a name on it, but I did like the idea of it. I didn't want to think that ahead though. We still have a lot of things to go through before we get there.

  And I don't want to scare her away by suddenly declaring anything. I like how things are right now. That's why I haven't told her about me being Red Robin. I don't want her to be upset or disappointed.

  "You are an idiot," Damian huffs, "And Katie is an even bigger idiot if she does like you back."

With that, he turns and leaves.

  "Master Damian is charming, isn't he?" Alfred mutters to me, making me smirk a little.

  "Yeah, I am sure he will charm someone eventually. Whatever poor soul that ends up being," I say before I look to Alfred. "Do you think he is acting more foul because Brooklyn is missing?"

  "I am sure of it," He replies instantly, "Miss Brooklyn had a talent for understanding the boy. With her gone, he is worried, but does not know how to express that."

  "Did he say how Dick was the other day when he visited?" I ask, thinking back to when Katie came over.

  "No," He answers, "Master Dick, as far as I am aware, is not telling anyone the details of what happened between him and Miss Brooklyn. His behavior has seemed off any time I have seen him. I am worried for him-," Alfred admits. "-but the best thing we can do for now is give him space until he is ready to tell us what it is that happened."

  I nod as Alfred finishes up, wrapping the stitches with gauze to keep any extra bleeding off a shirt he has on hand.

  I slip it on, walking with him back to Bruce and Damian, who still looks pissed.

"We have a problem," Damian informs me.

"You?" I grumble, but turn to Bruce, "What is it?"

  Damian glares at me but stays quiet as Bruce says, "We have managed to track another business to trafficking."

  "Shouldn't that be good news?" I ask, my eyebrows drawing together in confusion.

  Bruce's mouth pulls into a thin line, "No. The business is owned by the Mohanes. It's owned by-"

  "Katie's parents," I breathe out, my heart sinking. "You think they-"

  "No," He stops me, "I don't think they are aware. From the looks of it, it's happening under their noses." Wouldn't be hard. They don't even pay attention to their only daughter. "The theory is that the business is just being used by someone they trust."

  "So what do we need to do?" I ask. He slips his cowl off, his eyes on me, giving me a bad feeling. "You aren't-"

  "I think it would be best for Katie to look into it." He says, "She is already connected to the business, and her parents owning it gives her the power to look around."

"Without backup?" I question.

  He narrows his eyes an inch, "We will be there if she needs help but-"

"You want to send her in alone."

________________________________

A/N:

hehe katie says she will wait for him to be comfortable and trust him and it's so cute

also surprise with her parents business!

and don't worry, i think the reveal is coming up soon.

____

how are y'all feeling?
favorite part?
do you think her parents know?
what do you think is going to happen next?
do you want to see more of team life or more school life?
_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 581 25
DC Series Book One "No don't..." But her arms go up and the mesmerizing portals appear. Through the portal closest to them, the boys can see grass an...
452 42 11
When a young girl by the name of Maggie Zatara inherits her mother's powers shortly after being born, it drains the life out of her mother Zatanna ul...
511K 17.4K 42
"Hazel." "What?" "My name." I swallowed hesitantly, afraid to shatter the silence between us anymore than I already had, "It's Hazel." The silence of...
84.7K 2.2K 47
"I know who you are" I whisper and he freezes. I could hear a soft but nervous chuckle come from his lips. "No you don't." he says ... He spun a...