Laundromat Blues 1

Od RavenJM

Rita is a lonely, unexciting, homebody. She's covinced that she will die alone, that is, until she meets Kurt... Více

Laundromat Blues 1
Paths Cross parts 1-3
Paths Cross pt.4
Mixed Emotions pt.1-2
Mixed Emotions pt.3
Date Night pt.1-2
Date Night pt.3 & Feelings Grow..... Nice And Slow pt.1
Feelings Grow.... Nice And Slow pt.2
Saturday Night Fever pt.1-2
Ruined Bliss
Temptation pt.1
Temptation pt.2
Temptation pt.3
Temptation pt.4
Familiar Stranger
Familiar Strangers pt.2
Familiar Strangers pt.3
Familiar Strangers pt.4
The Conclusion

Temptation pt.5

4.6K 141 22
Od RavenJM

Temptation pt.5 

 +Rita P.O.V.+ 

It's been 2 long, lonely years and Kurtis still hasn't come out of his coma. Im so sad at times that i don't even realize im crying. My life has become sleep, eat, work, Kurtis. All my spare time is with him, watching him lay in his hospital bed. Everybody tells me i should move on but there's no way in hell that's gonna happen. So i continue to wait and wait and wait. The work that i was gonna have done on my house has been put on hold. I have Kurtis to worry about. I can't be focused on him and my house at the same time. So that'll just have to wait.

Its Saturday and i need to wash my clothes so i fall back into my old routine of late night visits to the laundry mat. I pull up and get out of my Chrysler then grab my basket and head inside. For the first time ever........ im not alone. Sitting in my usual spot, near the best two machines, is John. He looks up and smiles.

"Hey." he says.

"Hey. How are you?"

"Im good and you?"

"Stressed beyond measure." i said.

"Stress isn't good for you. Why so stressed?" he asked. I sat my basket on top the folding table and took a seat beside him.

"Well.... my boyfriend was in a car accident two years ago and he still hasn't come out of his coma. My family keeps tellin me to let him go but....... i can't. I love him way too much just to give up on him. I mean..... i know that my life has revolved around him ever since that day but..... what else can i do?"

"Ms. Smith-"

"Call me Rita."

"Rita, you can still love him and continue to live your life. You don't have to be with him 24 hours a day to prove that you love him. Do you really think that he would want you to put your life on hold so that you could spend it babysittin him? Would you want him to give up on life if it was you who was in a coma?"

I thought about it.

"I guess not."

"Rita im not sayin give up on him completely, just live your life at the same time."

"You're right. I guess i don't have to visit every day. But I'll never give up. You can be sure of that."

"Good." He smiled. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It's been a couple weeks now and i visit Kurtis three times a week. He still hasn't so much as moved an inch but i still have hope. John has become a good friend and somebody who i can talk to when im sad. He's like my best friend. He always has encouraging words to offer when i feel down. He's a total sweetheart. Through getting to know him, i know that he's been married once but his wife died of a brain tumor. He was adopted by an older Mexican couple so he speaks fluent Spanish. No kids, one dog, owns a condo but it has no laundry room (ironic right?), owns his contracting business, he's 29, mixed with Brazilian, a Leo, a good dancer, goes to church, has a very good singing voice, very chill and laid back, huge music head, real, at times, silly, and just really an all-around good guy. Oh and he's never touched alcohol or drugs in his life, and he hates when women use curse words. I learned that the hard way. We hang out together a lot and he's almost always the last person i talk to before i go to sleep. I can truly say, he's been my backbone through all of my stress with tryna live my life and take care of Kurtis at the same time.

I was at the hospital, visiting Kurtis, when my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was a message from John.

John: Waddup bestie. what we gettin into tonight?

Me: Im gonna help you get into some pants tonight. lol I can't be the only girl you talk to. Im gonna help you get some girls tonight.

John: LOL you funny.

Me: Im dead serious, J.

John: Why you wanna get me some girls?

Me: Cuz i care about you and i know that a man has needs. And besides, you hang with me all the time and listen to me talk and solve my problems so this time i wanna help you.

He took a minute to text back.

John: okay.... but i don't do hoes or gold-diggers.

Me: I promise, no hoes or gold-diggers

I put my phone back in my pocket and kissed Kurtis on his cheek. I can't kiss his lips because then I'd get sad that he can't kiss me back. I left and went home. 

I jogged up my stairs and into my bedroom. I stepped into my walk-in closet and looked through all the clothes that Kurtis has bought me. He always use to buy me sexy outfits because he always said that i dress like a missionary Lol. He usually bought me curve-hugging mini-dresses and 3in heels. He said that i look sexiest when i wear heels, even though i feel extremely tall while wearin them. I pulled out the least revealing dress that he bought me, which was a white one that was back-less and stopped at mid-thigh. In the front, it was low cut but not too low and it hugged me tight. It was real provocative but the other dresses he bought me were even worse. Next i pulled out some black, leather, strappy heels and a black leather jacket. I tied up my hair and undressed then showered. When i got out of the shower, my phone rang and it was John. 

"What's up, J." 

"What up. What you doin?" 

"Im gettin dressed." i said, puttin on my bra and boy shorts. 

"Oh. Me too. Where we goin?" 

"Club Dreams." 

"That's downtown, ain't it?" 

"Yup. You excited?" i asked. He sighed. 

"I don't know. I ain't been too comfortable around women ever since Maya died. You the only woman i really chill with." 

"And that's exactly why we're goin out tonight. You need to have some adult fun. You can't always be with me all the time. You need a girlfriend. And if all else fails, you can at least get some from a chick tonight." i said and laughed. 

"I guess." he replied with a chuckle. 

"But remember what i said, Rita. No hoes or gold-diggers." he said. 

"I know, I know." i said. By this time, i was fully dressed. I untied my hair and plugged in my curling irons. I sprayed myself with my Victoria's Secret body spray and applied some baby lotion to my arms and legs. My nails were done and my toes matched. That's somethin else Kurtis introduced me to. I never got my nails done before i met Kurtis. But once i got them done that first time, i was hooked. 

"Im dressed so I'll be there in like 15 minutes." he said.

  "Okay. See you when you get here." 

"Alright. One." he replied and hung up.

I hung up and started on my hair. I finished puttin loose curls all over my head then bumped the front. I put Jam gel on my edges and brushed it in then unplugged the curlers and put them up. I put on the slightest amount of blush and mascara then put on my shoes and jacket. I heard the doorbell ring and grabbed my mini clutch then put on my glasses and met him at the door. 

"Damn! Lookin good, bestie!" i said. He gave me a look. 

"Oh, im sorry. I keep forgettin, you don't like when i curse." i said. 

"Yeah, you know better and besides, beautiful girls don't use ugly words." he replied. I smiled. He truly did look good. He had a fresh cut and his mustache and chin hair was lined up. He wore a black V-neck and leather jacket and black and gray Converse. Dark gray skinny, but not too skinny, jeans and black frames. He had square studs in both ears and a gray G-shock watch......... Sexy. But, as i said before, i only have eyes for Kurtis. But a girl can still look, right? 

"You lookin way too good. You 'gon have to go change." he said. I laughed. 

"Why?" 

"How im supposed to concentrate on gettin girls when Imma have to check niggas for lookin at you too hard? I might have to fight a nigga tonight." he said with a smile. I laughed. 

"J, you slow. Come on, let's get goin." I closed and locked the door and we walked to his car, a blue Charger. He opened the door for me and i climbed in. He got in and we were on our way. I turned on his radio and it began to play, Trey Songz's "Can't Be Friends". After that went off, he turned it to an old school station and it began to play New Edition's "Can You Stand The Rain". He began to sing along and i just listened. That man has a beautiful voice. I think he can sing better than i can, personally. He sounds like a mix between Tyrese and Avant. Just hearin his voice puts you in a mood. The song went off and he stopped singin. 

 I guess i was starin at him because he looked over at me said, "What? What happened?" 

"You have a pretty voice." 

"Thanks." He pulled into the parkin lot of Club Dreams and parked. We got out and started walkin to the entrance. It was packed and the line was long. REAL long. 

"Maybe we should go somewhere else. I really don't wanna wait in this long line." 

"Don't worry about it. I got you." he said and walked up to the security guard workin the door. He said somethin then came back and grabbed my hand. As we walked pass the line, people gave us dirty looks. 

"I told him we was celebratin yo 21st birthday." said John, as we came closer to the entrance. 

"And he believed you?" 

"Yeah. You look a lot younger than 28." he replied.

We got to the entrance and the tall security guard bent down and said, "Happy birthday, shorty."

I giggled and said, "Thank you." We stepped inside and the music was bumpin so hard that the floor shook. Club Dreams is the place to be on Saturday nights. I came with Kurtis once before, but it wasn't as packed as it is tonight. The music was good and the atmosphere was even better. Everybody up in the place was havin a ball. John pulled me to a booth near the back and we sat down. 

"You want somethin to drink?" he asked me. 

"Just water." 

"Okay. I'll be back." He got up and headed to the bar. I looked around and just watched people interact. I saw dudes spittin game and quickly made a mental note of all the sloppy and nasty lookin girls. Then i looked around and spotted one of the people Kurtis introduced me to, his friend, Jinx. I caught his attention and he walked over to me. 

"What up, Cocoa Brown?" he said, givin me a bear hug. He been callin me that ever since the day he met me, i guess because of my skin complexion. 

"Nothin, just hangin out. What's up with you?" i replied. 

"Same. What you doin here by yoself?" 

"Im not. Im here wit my friend." 

"Fareal? She look anything like you? If she do, i gotta bag." 

"HE don't want you." i said laughin. 

 "He? You cheatin on Kill?" he said. I wanted to slap him. 

"Hell Nah! John is just a friend and the only reason we're here tonight is because im helpin him look for girls. Don't ever say that again in yo life." i said, gettin upset. 

"My bad but, i had to ask. He is my nigga." said Jinx. 

"I understand." i replied. 

"But just know that i would never do that to him." 

"Yeah, i know. That was a dumb question anyway. Well.... I'll see you later Cocoa." 

"Bye." i replied. He nodded and walked away. That was so.... awkward. Anyway, John came back with my water and asked, "Who was that?" 

"Just somebody i know. You wanna dance?" i said changin the subject. He smiled. 

"Yeah. Show me you know how to use them hips for somethin other than walkin." he said. I laughed.

I took off my jacket then we got up and headed to the crowded dance floor. He grabbed my hand and lead me to an open spot and we started dancin. They played that new Waka Flocka song, "No Hands" and everybody was goin crazy. I shook my hips to the beat as John pulled me into him and held my hand in the air. I sung the chorus while i grinded up against him. "Girl, the way you movin, got me in a trance. Dj turn me up. Ladies, this yo jam. Imma sip Mascato and you 'gon lose them pants. And Imma throw this money while you do it wit no hands. Girl, drop it to the flo'. I love the way yo booty go. All i wanna do is sit back and watch you move and I'll proceed to throw this cash." I bent over a little and ground my hips as he pushed up on me closer and matched my rhythm. My ass was all up on his manhood. He held my hips and i continued to push my ass on him as i swayed my hips. I was kinda teasin him. I could feel him gettin hard but i just kept pushin my ass on him. I was half-way turned on myself. It's been two years since i myself, have had sex and im not the 'Do It Yourself' type, if you get what i mean. I get lonely at night and there are times when im so horny, i can't concentrate. As i kept shakin my ass on him, i not only teased him but i teased myself. I decided that i needed to stop before i got myself in trouble tonight. I let up off his crotch and turned around. I put my arms around his neck and kept shakin my hips. He put both hands on my hips and we danced like that until the song went off. The next song was Cali Swag District's "Teach Me How To Dougie". 

"Ay! Ay! This that Shit- i mean that cut." i said, hopin he didn't notice i cursed. 

"You can't dougie better than me!" he said and started to dougie. He caught some people's attention and pretty soon, all eyes was on him. Like i said before, John is a very good dancer. But see, Imma a pro at doin my dougie so i was about to shut him down. I started to dougie and attention shifted to me. I was killin it. He stopped dancin and gave me the spot light. He smiled and cheered me on as i kept dancin then everybody started dancin. I was havin too much fun. We danced to three more songs then sat down. I was tired as Hell! I sipped my water and started lookin around. I saw a girl who was really pretty and she wasn't dressed like a hoe. She was dancin with her girlfriends and she looked about my age. 

"John, look." i said pointin to her. 

"Go dance with her." i said. 

"She's cute. But i don't know. Im kinda nervous." he replied. 

"J, man up and go ask that girl to dance or I'll do it for you!" i said. He hesitated. 

"Fine. I'll go." i said. 

"Rita, wait!" he called after me but i was already half-way there. I walked up to her and said, "Hi. Um, you see that sexy guy sittin at that booth back there?" i said pointin to J. She squinted her eyes and looked in his direction. He tried his hardest not to look back. 

"Yeah, i see him. He is sexy." she said with a smile. 

"He's my friend and he's a little shy. He's a widower and he wants to start datin again but he's nervous. Can you dance with him?" i pleaded. 

"Sure. He's sexy as Hell. He has no reason to be shy." she said and smiled.

I said, "I'll go and get him. And by the way, what's your name?" 

 "Katrina." she replied. I walked away and walked back to the table. I grabbed John's hand and said,

"Let's go, punk." I pulled him right up to her and introduced them. 

"John, this is Katrina. Katrina, this is my bestie John. I'll let y'all get to know each other." i said and walked back to the booth. I sat down and watched them. They started talkin and pretty soon, were laughin together. Then he grabbed her hand and they began to dance. They looked so cute together. Some cute guy came and asked me to dance so i danced with him. We danced for a long time then i felt somebody tap my shoulder. It was John. 

"It's 3am. We ready to go." he said pointin to himself and Katrina. I nodded and went back to the booth to get my jacket. I got it and met them outside. After Katrina told her girls she was ridin with us, we got in John's Charger. I sat in the back and played with my phone while they talked. My phone rang and on the Caller ID, was the number of the hospital. I picked up and said,"Hello?"

"Ms. Rita, get to the hospital right now! Kurtis is awake!" said Ms. Minnie, a nurse that I've gotten close to from visitin the hospital so much. 

"What?! John! Hospital! Now!"

He hit the brakes and said, "Why?!" 

"Kurtis is out of his coma!" i yelled with excitement. 

"Kurtis? Coma? What's goin on?" said Katrina. 

"I'll explain later." said John, as he made a U-turn and headed to the hospital. I started to cry. My baby has been in a coma for over two years and he's finally awake. I prayed to God and thanked him for blessing and healing Kurtis. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You guys, I'm sorry that my uploads seem so short. But I'll remind you that on a mobile site, this story was about 200+ pages long. It was one of my first stories and I take pride in it so please, i hope you're not thrown off by the rapid pace of the plot. But anyways, tell me what you think!

MUCH LOVE, MUCHO AMOR!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

38.9K 1.3K 22
Briana Green a 17 year old girl who grew up in the Hood of Detroit. Never the type of girl to fight over irrelevant and replaceable shit. Briana goes...
636K 33.4K 31
When Kay leaves home to discover herself and meets Brian, the handsome scarred owner of a coffee shop that shares her name, she must decide if she h...
1.7K 149 35
This story is about a dark skin girl who is kind of a heart breaker. When she was young she had everything except for love.... So when she got older...
94 5 1
you were his psychologist. -- afab!reader, they/them pronouns are used like three times, otherwise nothing TW; death Michael is 21/22 here, the reade...