Just A Kid

Bởi dukeydoo

Kara is a young girl who recently arrived on Earth after a far too long journey after escaping her planets de... Xem Thêm

Orientation
Nightmares
First Day Of School Pt. 1
First Day Of School Pt.2
The Runaway
The Weekend
Regrets
Alien
Lex
Anti-Lex Squad
Lena
Room 204
Winter Break
Dinner
Till Death Do Us Part
Interrogation
Freak
Alex
Court
Streaky
Apology
Callen
Sleepover and Secrets
Graduation Party
Saving Iris
You Saved Me
Grounded
Winn

New Kid

372 14 5
Bởi dukeydoo

Third Person POV

It's the first day back to school after fall break. Kara was excited to go back to school and also to meet the new kid. She made sure her backpack had everything she needed including snacks to eat in between classes.

Kara and Lena started a new thing and walked to school together. Although they would usually meet at the end of the road so Lex couldn't see.

Kara made her way to their spot and waited her Lena to arrive. She was running a bit late which was unusual for her and just as Kara was about to text her, she made her way around the corner.

"Sorry that I'm late." She said, catching her breath.

"Your neck." Kara said. Lena tensed up.

"What about it?" She stammered.

"You're injured." Kara traced her hands across the mark and Lena backed up.

"It was my fault. I accidently got my neck tied up in a shirt." She said nervously.

"Oh.. Okay.." Kara muttered.

They walked to school in silence and slowly made their way inside. There was a crowd of people around the new kid and Kara decided to wait until later to meet him. They headed towards their locker to get situated before class started.

"Have you guys met the new kid?! He's so nice and really cute." Sam said approaching them.

"We haven't." Kara said.

"He has an accent, kind of like yours, Kara. It makes his voice sound so.. extravagant!" Sam exclaimed.

"I'm sure we will get to meet him later." Kara smiled.

"No you should really head over there and say hi. Like right now! He's adorable." Sam said.

"If it will stop your fangirling." Lena chuckled.

The crowd around him started to thin out as the first bell rang. Kara was focused on other things as they walked in his direction.

"Look! Isn't he dreamy?" Sam smiled. Kara turned her head towards him. She gasped as they made eye contact.

"Mon-El.." She whispered under her breath.

"What did you say?" Lena asked. Kara's heart started to race. It took her a moment to make sure it was really him.

"It's him.." Kara ran towards him and a look of shock appeared on both of their faces. She wrapped her arms around him and he did the same to her.

"You're alive!" Kara started to tear up. They spoke a language that neither Sam or Lena could understand. It roughly translated to this.

"I thought I had lost you." Kara wiped a tear from her eye.

  "I thought I lost you too.." He replied with a frown.

"H.. How did you get out?" Kara asked.

  "That's a long story that I would love to tell you about later." He tucked her hair behind her ear and looked into her eyes.

  "I've waited for this moment." He smiled.

  "I missed you so much."

"I missed you more." He said before pulling her in for a kiss.

"What the hell?" Sam said to Lena. Lena felt a wave of sorrow wash over her. She felt sad and maybe a little bit jealous too.

"Do they know each other or is she just really good at flirting? What language is that?" Sam asked.

"I don't know." Lena said. "Hey Kara..? Who's that?"

"My name is Mike now.." He whispered.

"His name is.. Mike.. We uh.. We knew each other." Kara said.

"Looks like you really knew each other." Sam chuckled.

"We were dating but I had to.. Flee Kanzia. I though he was gone." Kara said.

"Kanzia?" He asked in a whisper.

"Just go with it." She whispered back.

"I'm happy you guys found each other again.." Lena said, feeling her heart break a little at the mention of their relationship.

"OH uhm.. Mike this is Sam. And this is Lena. They are my friends." Kara smiled.

"It's nice to meet you both." He smiled.

Sam reached out her hand which he awkwardly grabbed and bowed down to.

"Is this one royalty?" He asked Kara.

"No." Kara chuckled. "She just wants to shake your hand. Like this." Kara demonstrated.

"Wow.. You guys are really alike.." Lena awkwardly smiled.

"What classes do you have Mo- Mike?" Kara asked.

"Here's my schedule." He said, reaching in his pocket and handing it to her.

———————-
Mike Matthew's Schedule
8:00am-8:55am: Mrs. Cooper ; Biology
9:00am-9:55am: Mrs. Scoggins ; Spanish
10:00am-10:55am: Mr. Prince ; Physical Education
11:00am-11:55am: Mr. Bernard ; Algebra
12:00pm-12:55pm: Lunch/Break
1:00pm-1:55pm: Mr. Brian ; US History
2:00pm-2:55pm: Mrs. Dean ; English
———————-

"Aww.. We only have two classes together.." Kara frowned.

"It's alright, Kar.. We will have plenty of time to spend with each other now." He replied with a smile.

"We better get to class." Lena said.

"Right.. I'll see you later." Kara planted a kiss on his lips. Lena turned away.

"Woah!" Winn approached the two as they were kissing.

"Hi Winn!" Kara smiled.

"Care to explain?" He asked.

"I will at lunch. We're late for class." They all headed to their classes. Kara had an endless smile. She couldn't believe that the love of her life was back. She had given up all hope of ever finding him again. But he was here and it was real!

  The class finished up and she headed towards Algebra with Lena. To Kara, Lena seemed normal, she seemed happy. But to Lena, she was kind of hurt. A type of jealous. She felt herself wishing that it were her instead of Mike. She wouldn't dare say anything to Kara though. She was glad that her friend was able to reunite with him, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

  "I can't believe it's him.." Kara repeatedly said.

  "I'm happy for you. He seems really great.." Lena said.

  "Thanks." Kara replied.

  "Kar.." Mon-El hugged her from behind. Kara grabbed onto his hands and twirled him around so that we was in front of her.

  "Hey." Kara said, keeping her eyes fixated on his.

  Lena kept her eyes fixated on the ground ahead of her as she waited for them to stop.

  "I still can't believe it's really you." He said.

  "Neither can I." Kara pulled him in for a kiss. This caused some people to figure out about their relationship and the news spread like wildfire. 'New kid is dating Alex's adoptive sister'. Nobody cared enough to actually remember Kara's name, but her face was known as Alex's 'Sister'.

  Algebra passed by quickly and Kara was looking forward to P.E. since her and Mon-El had the class together. Lena was relieved that she didn't have P.E. with Kara as she knew that she couldn't last watching them fondle each other.

   Kara met up with 'Mike' at their lockers and didn't even say goodbye to Lena before making her way to P.E. They held hands the whole way there, simply happy to be with each other once again.

  Mike was called to the front of the bleachers along with a few others to demonstrate something, which made Kara feel a little bit sad.

"So, Kara. Do you care to explain what is going on??" Winn said. Nia also seemed intrigued by this.

  "We knew each other on.. in Kaznia. I thought he had died, but apparently he's alive." Kara said with a smile.

  "Is that why you went so silent when we asked you the dating question for truth or dare?" Winn asked.

  "Yeah.." Kara mumbled.

  "So uh.. Kara.. Is he like you?" Nia asked, trying to make sure her suspicions of him also being Kryptonian were true.

  "In a way.. He was from.. A neighboring city, to say the least." Kara said. Nia nodded and Mike made his way back to the group. Sam and Winn were now called to help with a few things.

  "So, Nia. This is Mon-El." Kara said.

  "Uh Kara? I thought we weren't allowed to tell anyone?" He said.

  "She knows where I'm from. She's a Naltorian." Kara smiled.

  "Nice to meet you, Nia." He said.

  "So you aren't from Krypton?" She asked.

  "I'm from a neighboring planet, Daxam. I was able to flee at a young age and ended up at Krypton. A nice family took me in and that's when I met Kara. We were actually set to get married back on Krypton and then start our own family." He said.

  "Woah! Married?! Family?!" Nia whisper-yelled.

  "Yes. On Krypton we were nearly adults." Kara explained.

  "Wow.. That's crazy to think about." Nia said.

  "We almost had a kid but it didn't take." Kara frowned.

  "WOAH KARA!" Nia exclaimed a bit too loudly.

  "What?" Kara asked, innocently.

  "You guys did *it*??" Nia asked.

  "What is *it*?" Kara asked.

  "Like.. Had sex?" Nia said.

  "I don't know what that is?" Kara replied.

  "I don't know what you would call it on Krypton.. Like mating?" Nia said.

  "Oh heck no!" Kara fake gagged.

  "Kryptonians and Daxamites can reproduce by just using locks of their hair." Mon-El explained.

  "Oh thank god." Nia sighed.

  "Oh thank god what?" Sam asked, coming back to sit next to them.

  "Nothing! We were just talking about.. School projects." Nia stuttered.

  "Alright.." Sam shrugged.

  P.E. wrapped up rather quickly and they all their next classes. All Kara would talk about was Mike, and Lena hated every second of it. It was like torture to her. She couldn't stand hearing about 'the magnificent boyfriend who beat the odds and ended up in Kara's arms again'.

  Soon enough it was lunch time and they were all gathered at their table. Mike, Kara, Winn, Nia, Sam, and Lena. Kara and Mike were sharing their food, which wasn't a typical thing for Kara to do. The only other person she ever shared her food with was Lena.

   Lena poked at her food, not wanting to eat. Everyone at the table were mesmerized by the couples interaction except for her.

  "So.. Mike.. Are you from Kaznia too?" Winn asked.

  "Yeah.." He replied.

  The table went silent as nobody knew what to say. They continued to eat. James walked over to the table, all of his injuries have healed now.

  "Yo. Mike!" James said. Kara tensed up and turned her head down to look at her food.

  "Uh.. James, was it?" Mike replied.

  "Yeah. You should come sit with me and my friends." James said.

  "I would rather stay here. Thank you, though." Mike smiled.

  "Why would you stay here? Don't you want to be popular?" James scoffed.

  "Go away, Jimmy." Sam rolled her eyes.

  "I would rather stay with my friends. And my girlfriend." Mike said.

  "Girlfriend?" James chuckled. "Who's your girlfriend?"

  "Kara." Mike replied.

  "HAH!" James laughed. "You should stay far away from her."

  "And why would I do that?" Mike asked.

  "She beat me up in the park after I rejected her." James said.

  "Bull shit!" Lena slammed her hands down on the table and stood up, causing everyone to jump.

    "Well, Luthor. Seems like your genes are shining through." James grinned.

  "You tried to force Kara to ditch her friends and be in a relationship with you. Then when she rejected YOU, you pinned her against a tree. She acted out of self defense You're just a fowl little man." Lena narrowed her eyes as she spoke.

  "Is that what she told you? The adopted girl that has nobody to love her?" James asked.

  "You're one to talk!" Lena replied. "You couldn't pull someone to save your life."

  "Says the Luthor! I bet you're just waiting to bring your brother to school and ruin Sam's life again." James growled.

  "That was a low blow, even for you." Lena shook her head.

  "You're just mad because it's true." James grinned.

  "As if. You're just mad because your sad little ego was broken when you were rejected!" Lena said.

   "Guys, stop!" Kara cried out, covering her ears. Her glasses had fallen off and were laying on the floor. However, neither Lena or James had heard her.

    "That's it, Luthor!" James took a deep breath. "You have no right to talk to me like that. In fact, you should have no rights. You're just like your family and you ALWAYS will be. You're just mad that I'm right. You've always been jealous of me."

  By now, the whole lunch room had grown silent and were watching the interaction between the two. Nobody had noticed that Kara was still covering her ears. She felt yet another panic attack coming on and made the choice to leave.

  "You guys aren't helping!" She yelled before running off.

  "Kara.." Lena whispered before running after her.

  "James. You have no right to talk to any of my friends like that. You are the exact opposite of what I stand for and it was foolish of you to think I'd ever want to hang out with you." Mon-El scoffed.

  "Why? You scared because it's true?" James grinned. Mike tensed up and felt his rage boiling over.

   "Mike..?" Nia said in a concerned tone.

  "Don't have any comeback for that? I should've figured that you were just like her." James rolled his eyes.

  "And is that a bad thing?" Mike asked. "Kara is the best person I know. A hell of a lot better then you."

  "Oh look. It's the losers glasses. It would be a shame if she didn't have them." He stomped on them without any regrets.

   "You're gonna wish you hadn't done that when I'm done with you." Mike launched himself onto James without any thoughts and tackled him to the ground.

  "Enough!" A booming voice was heard from across the room, causing everyone to turn that way.

  "All of you to my office. Now." The principle said.

  The group slowly stood up. Winn grabbed his burger, trying to take it with him but Sam slapped it out of his hand. They made their way into the principles office and stood in front of his desk.

  "I want an explanation." He said.

  A bunch of voices started over lapping, everyone trying to tell their story.

  "One at a time, please." He groaned.

  While everyone was telling their stories, Kara was crying in the bathroom. She locked herself in one of the stalls.

  "Kara..?" Lena gently called out as she entered the bathroom. Kara couldn't speak, she simply kept crying.

  "I'm so sorry, Kara." Lena said. Still no words from Kara. Lena stood outside of the stall she was in, helplessly listening to her friend cry.

  "Can I come in?" Lena asked. She then heard the sound of the stall unlocking and saw Kara sitting on the ground, her hands covering her face. While Lena would usually be disgusted at the sight of someone on a public bathroom floor, she just felt awful for Kara. She lowered herself onto the floor with her and gently wrapped her arms around her.

  "Why'd you yell?" Kara said in between breaths.

  "I know I shouldn't have. I just couldn't stand to see him talk to you like that." Lena frowned.

  "Do you know where my glasses are?" Kara sniffed.

  "They're in the cafeteria." Lena replied. "Want me to go get them?"

  Kara nodded and Lena walked off to go get them. As she entered the cafeteria, everyone was looking at her and they're table was empty. There was blood on the ground right next to Kara's now broken glasses.

  "Holy shit." Lena gasped.

  "Does anyone know what happened?!" Lena called out.

  "James broke her glasses and the new kid tackled him. The principle stopped it." Someone said.

Lena nodded and scooped up the crushed bits of glasses. She made her way back to the bathroom.

  "Do you have them?" Kara called out.

   "I have bad news.." Lena frowned and opened her hands. Kara saw the broken pieces and gasped.

  "NO! I need them! I need them!" She said loudly.

  "I don't know how bad your vision is, but I'll be happy to help you around the school." Lena suggested.

  "I don't need an escort. I need them. I think I need to go home. Where is Mon-El?!" Kara cried out.

   "Mon-El?" Lena questioned.

  "Mike." Kara corrected herself.

   "I think he's in the principles office.. He may have beat up James." Lena said.

  Kara jumped up and rushed out of the bathroom and towards the principles office. Lena followed close behind.

  "Kara what are you doing?" She kept asking, but no response was given.

  She opened the door to the principles office and grabbed Mon-El by the shirt.

  "I guess I'll be right back." He said as Kara dragged him out of the room.

  "What were you thinking?!" Kara yelled in Kryptonian

  "He broke your glasses. i couldn't just let him get away with that." Mon-El replied, also in kryptonian. They decided to speak in Kryptonian in case anyone was listening.

  "I don't know who you are anymore! You swore to me that you would never hurt anyone." Kara said.

  "24 years was a long time, Kara. I was alone in the Well of Stars for so long. I had nobody to talk to!" He said.

  "I was in the Phantom Zone, Mon-El. I had nightmares everyday! I.. I.." Kara started to cry.

  "Kara.." He sighed and reached him hand out to comfort her.

  "I'm going home." Kara said in English before storming out. 

  Mon-El walked back into the office and sighed.

  "Kara has decided to leave for the day.." He stated calmly.

  "I have made a decision that all of you will be helping out with painting the west wall of the school. Hopefully this will give you all time to bond and thing about what you said and move past that. I will personally be monitoring this to make sure no more fights break loose. Everyday, after school, until its complete. Kara will also be joining you." He said.

  "What?! No fair!" James called out. "I have football practice after school."

  "Then you better get it done soon. Dismissed." He said before looking down at his paperwork.

  "Sir.." Mon-El said.

   "Yes, Mike?"  He looked up.

  "I'm also going to be taking the rest of the day off. I need to make sure she's okay." He said.

  "I'm not sure that is a go-"

  "Thank you, bye!" Mike ran out of the room.

  Mike ran as fast as he could down the street, trying to catch up to Kara. Once to did, he gently spun her around and hugged her.

   "I am so sorry, Kara. I know I shouldn't have done that. But please, forgive me. I won't do anything like that ever again." He pleaded.

  "You promise?" She sniffled.

  "I promise." He smiled.

  She pulled him in for a kiss. A few moment later they pulled away from each other and smiled.

"Thank you.." He said.

  "Would you like to meet Eliza?" Kara asked.

  "I would love to." He smiled and grabbed her hand as they walked down the street.

  This reminded Kara of something, or someone. It reminded her of Lena. Lena always grabbed her hand when she walked. Kara shrugged it off and continued to walk. AS they entered the house, Kara could smell what Eliza was making for dinner.

  "Kara? Is that you? Why are you home so early?" Eliza asked as she walked their way. "And why is there a boy in my house?"

   "This is my boyfriend. We met on Krypton. He ended up here too!" Kara smiled.

  "Aren't you a bit young for a boyfriend?" Eliza asked.

  "Well, we were actually scheduled to get married and stuff." Kara said.

  "Married?!" Eliza said in complete shock.

  "We almost had a kid too. We were classified as adults on Krypton." Kara shrugged.

  "Well, that's Interesting to say the least.." Eliza paused. "What's your name?"

  "My Earth name is Mike Matthews, but you can call me Mon-El.

  "It's nice to meet you, Mon-El." Eliza smiled and reached out her hand.

  "Do I bow or shake?" He whispered to Kara.

  "Shake." Kara chuckled. He nodded and shook her hand.

  "So do tell why you are home from school early. Get into trouble?" She asked.

  "A little bit.." Kara said. "This mean kid got into a fight with Lena about me. Then that kid broke my glasses. So Mon-El tackled him."

  "Who was that kid?" Eliza asked.

  "I don't remember.." Kara lied.

  "Isn't his name James?" Mon-El asked which resulted with Kara jabbing him in the side with her elbow.

  "Olsen did that to you?!" Eliza asked. Kara slowly nodded.

  "I'm going to call his father right now!" She said angrily.

  "Wait! Please don't!" Kara begged. "He'll only get worse."

  "Kara.. I don't want him thinking that he can get away with that." Eliza explained.

  "And I don't want to be labeled as the school tattle tale." Kara said.

  "Fine. But if he does anything else, come right to me." Eliza stated.

  "Thank you, Eliza. I will." Kara said.

  "Are either of you hungry?" She asked.

  "We ate at school. I think we're just going to head upstairs." Kara said.

  "Okay.. No funny business." Eliza joked. Mon-El raised his hands and smiled as they walked upstairs. They sat down on Kara's bed.

  "So tell me.. How did you make it out of Krypton?" Kara asked.

  "I found the pod that sent me to Krypton from Daxam. I tried to get people in with me, but I wasn't able to bring anyone before it exploded. My pod protected me from the blast, but it pushed me out so far that I ended up in the Well Of Stars. Then I landed here and was taken in by the Matthews." Mon-El explained.

  "I still can't believe you are alive." Kara smiled.

The Next Day

   Kara walked to school with Lena, who had a new injury today. A black eye. Kara was very concerned, but Lena assured her that she had slipped and fell into the kitchen counter. Kara had no reason to be suspicious of anything from her point of view. She had no clue what Lex has been doing to Lena.

   The walk consisted of Kara non stop talking about Mike, which made Lena a bit frustrated. She didn't speak up, knowing that Kara had lost so much and having someone back meant a lot to her. As they entered the school, Kara walked off to meet up with Mike, leaving Winn and Lena together at their lockers

  "Woah, Lena.. What happened?" Winn asked as he noticed her black eye.

  "Oh it's no big deal. I just slipped and fell into the kitchen counter.. I didn't realize that the floor had just been mopped." Lena said, keeping her eyes on her locker.

  "Lena.." Winn placed his hand gently on her shoulder, causing her to slightly flinch.

  "I'm fine! I promise." She smiled.

  "He's hurting you?" Winn asked. Though it was more of a statement then a question.

  "No." Lena replied and walked off towards her English class. Winn followed her and managed to catch up.

  "Tell me the truth, Lena.." He said.

  "I did tell you the truth." She kept her head down and continued to walk.

  "I hope so, but I don't believe you." He said.

  The day passed and soon the whole group, and James, found themselves at the west side of the school, paint brushes in hand, wearing unclaimed lost and found clothes, and about to paint a wall.

  "So like.. What do we paint?" James asked.

  "A sunset." The principle said as he flipped to the next page of his book.

   A few groans were heard, but everyone got to work immediately as they knew the sooner that they got this over with, the sooner they wouldn't have to stay with James. Everyone except for Kara and Mike stayed quiet as they painted. They would laugh and joke around along with helping each other. Kara even sat on his shoulders to be able to reach up higher to paint. Lena rolled her eyes at this.

"Jealous?" Winn teased.

"Yup." Lena whispered.

"Wait what? You actually are?" He said in shock.

  "Well duh." Lena said, grabbing a new brush to start on a different color.

  "I knew it!" Winn said.

  "It was pretty obvious." Sam chimed in.

  "Not to her..." Lena mumbled.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

34.4K 1.1K 19
Kara and Alex Danvers mother died and they were left with a father that hits them they never told anyone and promised to always have each other's bac...
637K 32K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
8.6K 302 27
This will take place in the beginning of season 5 The main characters are on the front cover I will try to write it as we know it but I'll add some...
3.2K 53 6
Same story line, just one difference. It's Lena instead of Mon-El. (Which would have been better anyway) Everything else is the same. Also, to make t...