The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

Af AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... Mere

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 38a: Skylar

25 2 0
Af AbraxosKit48

Hey everyone!! Sorry for missing the upload I've been away on holiday without data 😵‍💫 so here's an update plus an extra mini chapter!! Enjoy ☺️
- Brax Xx

*********

"Hi." I say softly and she giggles slightly.

"I'm Rose. Who are you?" Her voice is soft and graceful but still childish from her young age.

"I'm Ria the one and only." I bow at her playfully and she giggles again.

"Rose! Get back to your seat." King Vincent growls lowly.

"I wanna stay here with mummy." The young girl whimpers and clutches the Queen's hand.

"Dad leave it, she can stay here." I look up as Ej interferes. "Rose, want to sit on my lap?" His voice is soft as he addresses his little sister.

"I want to sit with R-R-Ria." She struggles to get out my name but puffs her chest out when she gets it right. Oh great, she wants to sit with me. Why oh why? I'm not a kid person yet they always want me.

'Please Ria.' I hear Ej's voice in my head and his gaze doesn't waver from my face.

'Fine, you owe me.' I growl back, still p*ssed off from earlier. I notice him subtly nod his head at me in acceptance but he also releases a sigh. I may be angry at him but Rose has nothing to do with it.

"Sure, if you'd like." I smile down at Rose.

"Are you sure Dear? It isn't a bother?" Queen Taylor looks at me hopefully.

"Yeah, it's chill." I gently lift up the tiny human onto my lap.

"Whatever, as long as she doesn't disturb me." King Vincent growls.

I shoot a questioning look at Ej but he ignores me and turns to Uncle Jer.

"So, Petal, how old are you?" I ask the little girl while I munch on a Yorkshire pudding.

"My name's Rose not Petal. I'm 6!" She says excitedly. Ok clearly I misjudged her age, I try not to be around children so bite me.

"I know but I'm going to call you Petal and I'm 16 turning 17 really soon." I grin after swallowing my mouthful of food.

Out the corner of my eye I spot King Vincent glaring at me, ignoring it I keep eating.

"JJ can you get me my food. Please." Petal glances over at her brother. I Smirk at him and he glowers back.

'JJ, how cute.' I mind-link him mockingly. I'm all honesty it's kinda adorable but I can't let him know that.

'Shut-up Ri.' He rolls his eyes but stands up and grabs his sisters plate from where it was beside Aunt Hayley.

"Here you go Ro." He hands the plate to me and I place it in front of his sister.

I feel a tap on my right shoulder and look over at the Queen. I watch as she mouths 'Thank you.' to me and I just nod back smiling.

I mouth back 'All Good,' and she smiles softly letting out a breath.

"How dare you?!" A screech emanates through the packed room, my eyes flick up to see Daphne standing up her hands on her hips and she's seething. Opposite her is Aunt Hayley.

"How dare I? Really? I'm sorry you're jealous that I'm friends with your husband, but I'm in love with Jeremy. Quit making a scene." Aunt Hayley's voice raises in volume consuming us all into the heated argument.

"Are you f*cking kidding me? You think I don't know that you love Blake and are just using Jeremy? You manipulative b*tch!" Daphne glares hatefully at Aunt Hayley. Both Uncle Blake and Uncle Jeremy are looking between the two females in amazement.

"Daphne sit down, everyone is staring. Stop embarrassing yourself and Ria." Uncle Blake tugs on Daphne's arm roughly, his voice low.

"It's not like she's even my daughter, I never wanted her. It was all you and your poor dead sister." She mocks Uncle Blake, Uncle Blake's mouth drops open and he falls silent. "It's not my fault the Royal guard slaughtered her. Like girl get a life, and you Hayley, you're no better."

My eyes widen in horror I stand up abruptly and everyone turns to me. "Ok that's enough, please leave, I will tolerate you being cruel to me but bringing others into it especially my mother that's low, especially for you Daphne. Now get out of my house or I'll have Titan drag you like you kicked him when he was a pup. Don't think I never noticed the bruises and terror he had when around you." I growl out, my teeth grating together.

"Pfft, it's not like I wanted to be here. I was meant to be in the capital city this weekend with the girls, but no, you just had to have this petty Lunch." She scowls at me and marches out the door.

"Should we tell her?" I ask looking at Lark and Zim a few seats down.

"Nah, Karma." Lark mutters causing me to laugh.

"What should we tell her?" I believe it was Callum's mum who asked, to be honest it may have been Clay's mum. I didn't get fully introduced.

"Oh, from here it's either a 5 hour walk to the closest village or because of the time the academy is closed so she can't go there, and not being a rider or Isalor no dragon will allow her on its back without good reason." I purse my lips thinking, "Oh and of course it's nearly 3pm, the wolf pack in the forest come to the lake and take guard because students are leaving the school to go home or out. They don't take lightly to intruders either." I smirk over my glass which I picked up and drank out of.

"She was loud, I prefer Aunt Hayley over her. Mhm." Petal mumbles to me softly and I chuckle lightly gaining a few odd looks.

"I agree." I mumble back causing Petal to smile up at me.

"Thank-you for the meal dears." Queen Taylor smiles at each of us students, "I'll help clean up, you guys relax."

"Oh no, it's quiet alright. We can do it." Zim smiles at Queen Taylor.

"No no don't be ridiculous, at least let me help." She states without room for argument.

"Hey Petal, go sit with Uncle Jer, I need to clean up." I point to Uncle Jer and I hear Petal grumble before nodding and going to sit with him.

Quickly I grab some of the dishes and carry them into the kitchen with Queen Taylor, Lark, Zim and Blaze following me, Aunt Hayley comes in next followed by Clay.

The seven of us make quick work of the table and grab out bowls and spoons before laying them on the kitchen bench for dessert. Lemon meringue pie with ice cream and fruit salad.

With the help of Blaze we grab out the three lemon meringue pies we made yesterday and cut them into slices, before placing them into the bowls. I scoop ice cream into each bowl and take them out to each person with the help of Morgen and Callum.

I grab the two bowls of fruit salad and take those out too placing one on either end of the table.

"Everyone enjoy." I smile and dig into my slice, before I know it the slice is gone along with a serving of the fruit salad.

I look to my right from a tug on my sleeve. "Can I sit with you again?" Petal's small voice probes the question quietly. I swiftly pick her up and place her on my lap where she sits quietly observing everyone. Before I know it she's fallen asleep and her head is resting in the crook of my neck.

The rest of the night goes peacefully and everyone gets along, I do mean everyone. Without Daphne there have been no qualms.

After hanging out with each person I find it's time to call it quits and go to bed. Daphne still hasn't returned so oops but I think everyone involved needed time to cool down so it worked out ok.

"I'm calling it quits ya'll I'm dead. I'll see everyone in the morning." I smile and stand up stretching. "Does everyone know where you're sleeping? If not just go down that hall there," I point down the hall towards the stairs. "If you go past the stairs there are more doors they're bedrooms, on each door is a name find your name and go night night." I smile at everyone and give Petal to the Queen beside me.

"Yeah I think I'm gonna go to bed too." Lark says stretching, "if anyone needs me, or Ria, we are on the top floor." Lark waves, hugs our Aunt and Uncles and goes to the door waiting for me.

I hug the people I need to and follow her out the door, together we straipse up the three flights of stairs to our bedrooms.

"Night Ria, I had fun tonight, see ya tomorrow." She hugs me and walks into her room closing the door behind her. As I walk into my room I hear a bat screech and know she's released Teeki, flopping in my bed I stare at the ceiling. Beside me the bed dips and a wet nose boops my cheek softly.

'Hi Titan, did you have fun?' I mind link my wolf.

'You bet, I got so much food. I think I'm gonna go into a food coma. Mhm that sounds like a plan.' He grumbles releasing a burp before settling done onto my bed. 'Now shhh imma sleep.' His voice fades from my mind.

I quickly get ready for bed and wriggle under the mountain of blankets. I snuggle into my pillow and lean against Titan, again my bed dips and this time it's Whisp, her head lays across my legs and body curls down my side. That night I fall asleep peacefully in the safety of my two creatures.

*********

(A/N) THE NEXT CHAPTER IS A SUBCHAPTER IT FITS IN HERE IN THE STORY!!!!

********

Lark POV:

I don't want to admit it, but I'm jealous of the others. They all have loving families but me, I don't. I know I have Ria and my aunt and uncles but the ones I grew up with aren't here anymore.

When Ria decide it was time for bed I agreed so quickly, I honestly was feeling lonely. As soon as I closed my door I released Teeki, I don't often release her because usually I'm around the others and they don't know about her yet, they will eventually just not now. But as I stated I felt lonely.

After finally getting ready for bed after laying on my bed for 20 minutes, I snuggled down and fell asleep. Which is where I am now, sitting in bed, thinking, regretting having to get up with the house swarming with people.

A knock at the door draws me out of my thoughts, "Who's there?"

"A mushroom with arms!" Zim's graceful voice calls back.

I recall Teeki who I allowed to fly around all night and climbed out of bed letting Zim in.

"And what do I owe the pleasure of today? Mushroom with arms?" I bow and flop onto my bed looking up at the plain white ceiling.

"Well, we have school, so that. Oh and we are gonna be late if you don't get ready right now it's 10 to class." She grins and sprints out of the room.

"A**hole!" I shout after her but drag myself up to get ready. Pulling on a white shirt and blue jean shorts with black combat boots I rush out the door pulling my hair into a ponytail. My flame-red hair billows around me as I leap down the  3 flights of stairs to reach the kitchen.

"Look who decided to finally join us, sleeping beauty." Blaze calls as I bounce into the room, the comment earned him a scowl but the rest of the roomies, and Morgen gathered around smirked or chuckled behind their hands.

"Yeah yeah, if someone had woken me up earlier that would've been nice." I grumble and catch a banana that was tossed at my head by Kyle. "Thanks."

"Chop chop, let's go or we'll be late." Ria calls from the door, somehow she already had got the dragons out the front and Titan beside her.

"Fine. Bossy B*tch." Ej grumbles as he lumbers past us to go out the door, the rest of the roomies... and Morgen file out and we gather around the dragons.

"Let's gooo." Ria goes to shift but thinks about it again and instead sprints off, the rest of us chase her either on foot or on dragon back. I watch as although Ria is in human form she somehow manages to outrun the rest of us, except the dragons, they are far ahead.

Up above dragons are swooping and showing off tricks to bystanding families.

'Lark! Look!' I hear a voice in my head and look around, it was heated and familiar however I don't recognise it.

'Who are you?' I Mumble accusingly.

'Ouch you don't recognise my voice? It's Cinder by the way. We've spoken before! Anyway pushing that aside, look!' Her voice is mocking but genuine.

Turning my head to where she's hopping along I watch as she flies up into the air, flapping her wings she saws up and does a loop.

'Wow! Nice!' I grin at her, 'When did you learn that?'

'Whisp, Bullet and I have been learning, Bronco and Snapper are teaching us when you guys are in class. We don't just sit there the whole time watching you after all.' She smirks impressed.

I spin just in time to see Whisp do a sharp dive and pull up gliding along beside Ria. My eyes widen impressed, I didn't even know any of them could fly. I watch amazed as Bullet bolts forwards and funnels through the air. All three are impressive.

'I'm so proud of you, Cinder!' I scratch her flank as she walks beside me.

'Thanks! I think you should be able to fly on me by your birthday too!' Her excitement is contagious and I giggle like a child and bounce along happily.

"Are we all meeting at both Breaks?" Kyle asks, looking between the group.

Everyone says sure or yup before we go our separate ways.

'Me, Whisp and Bullet are getting too big for the halls now Lark, we'll see you in breaks when we will be in the room where ya'll meet. Also in some classes we will be there. Sorryyyy.' Her voice is fierce yet regretful.

'All good Cinder, I'll see you soon, don't go getting into too much trouble without me!' I chuckle and she walks off with Ria and Kyle's dragons.

Homegroup breezes through with no new announcements but we were reminded about our parents leaving tonight, which I'm sad I won't get to see my Uncles or Aunt Hayley anymore as well as Zim's parents and my cousin Kelli but it doesn't hit the same as the others. My parents aren't leaving just people I care about.

As the four of us walk to Dragon Battle we get a few hellos or whassups but we make it there relatively quickly. The first thing I notice walking in is that there are a few groups at the front of the room but also Cinder, Whisp and Bullet are here too.

The four of us walk up to the three dragons and give them pets while the rest of the class watch, I guess they still aren't used to our dragons. It's been what like two months, actually no... wait maybe? I don't know anymore.

A commotion at the door drags our attention away from the three dragons and over to find Logan, Ryker, Thalium and Kalan entering. However unlike usual Julie is with them as well as Elle. I watch and notice Thalium and Kalan looking awkward as they shuffle towards us as soon as they spot our little group.

"Oh god, help." Kalan mutters as he stops in front of me. "They're been affectionate the past 4 days, they all skipped school yesterday and friday."

"Logan? He skipped school?" Zim asks in bewilderment while both Ria and Blaze watch the four walk towards us.

"Blazey-boo! I'm over you! See I have a boyfriend now!" Julie slurs her words and hangs off Ryker like a pole dancer.

"Is she drunk?" I whisper to Ria who just shakes her head unknowingly, I turn to Zim wanting a straight answer but she is looking at the four people in front of us inquisitively, she sniffs the air a few times and scrunches her nose up. At what smell, I don't know. All I can smell is Julie's overwhelming perfume and Ryker's cologne. The usual smells.

"That's nice Julie, I think you need to go on an adventure. If you go out this door then go far, far away." Blaze growls, sick of her already.

"Oh Blazey don't be like that, if you want me you could just ask." Usually Ria is laughing at her inability to take a hint but today she looks... disturbed.

"Julie, I don't want to date you. I have no interest in you so get that through your thick head!" Blaze speaks, his voice stern and gaining a few gazes from other classmates.

"Don't growl at Julie, she didn't do anything wrong." Elle's voice is level but her words are slightly stammered and slurred.

"Don't waste your time on them, they're all just useless reptiles." Ryker mutters to the two girls who just nod dumbly.

"Logan? Anyone in there?" Zim waves her hand in front of his face but he doesn't even blink at the closeness of her hand.

"Get away from my boyfriend wh*re!" Elle shoves Zim backwards and she stumbles a few steps into Whisp who gently nudges her to her feet.

"I wasn't trying anything Elle, can't you see that?" Zim tries to reason but instead dodges a punch aimed for her face.

"Huh, I'm not dumb I know someone trying to seduce my boyfriend from a mile away!" Elle's voice grows dangerously low yet Ria doesn't do anything to make Elle submit.

"Ria do something!" I shriek, the whole class is watching but Ria doesn't move, she keeps her gaze on the fighting wolves.

"She's a useless bratt, she can't do anything Loser-Lark." Julie snidely remarks. "She doesn't care about others either, only about herself and that stupid mutt."

"Stay out of it Julie." Blaze growls as he steps up to my side.

"What? You think she really cares for you? She's just using you until she no-longer needs you." Julie smirks, "She does it with everyone, even when she was little. She used me once, it broke me so now I make her life miserable because she made mine miserable. She poured paint on me on the first day of school! I was terrified and everyone laughed." She pouts.

"Ria would never do that, she cares for us." I growl, however what she said has touched me, I'm not sure if I have abandonment issues but I'm scared of her leaving me like my parents.

"Done." Ria mumbles and Zim sends a hit to Elle's temple knocking her unconscious.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Julie shrieks and clutches her head.

"Huh? Oh I made her wolf submit, she can't transform until Ej or I allow it. Plus with the whole bond thing between you two you both felt the hit." Ria rolls her eyes like it's obvious. "Oh, she can't access her strength or any enhancements either until we unlock them. You're Welcome."

I watch as Ryker and Logan pick up Elle and carry her out of the room with Julie following close behind.

"Hey Everyone, meet the new student. Skylar. Skylar this is the class." The teacher announces.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

3 0 6
Twin Aries females in high school out celebrating their eighteenth birthday. Chapter 1 - party with notes of past. Orphans raised in abusive houses...
3.6K 171 7
The is now a SAMPLE ONLY. The story will continue EXCLUSIVELY on AnyStories. "Hello little one" came a booming voice, deep and sultry that made my s...
110K 4.8K 67
Book One of a three part series 18+ will contain mature content TW - mentions of rape, gore, abuse, sex, death "Watch your tone Lillian or you will...
105K 1.3K 12
Only the first 10 chapters are open.. NOW ON AMAZON! PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT AND SHOW ME SOME LOVE! COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT EACH AND EVE...