[DISCONTINUED] Now Different...

Da ReynDay

He had long accepted his fate. He knows that he's living on borrowed time. Regrets. Thank yous. Apologizes. T... Altro

Prologue
{1} Reborn?
{2} Good Things Must Be Said 3 Times
{3} A Meeting Under The Moonlight
{4} Do You Believe Me?
{5} That Doesn't Look Good
{6} So You Can Do Time-Travelling Too?
{7} Answer Received. They Can
{9} Planning Disaster!!!
{10} Old Man Lan, May I Ask You A Question?
{11} Decision
{11.1} Bonus chapter
{12} Looming Danger
Christmas Extra
{13} Permitted?
新年快乐! (Xīnnián kuàilè!)
{14} Your Advice, Your Duty
{15} A-Cheng! Shijie!
{16} It Takes A Shot To Make A Friend
{17} Who Let This Stupid Child Joins?
A Lost Poem In The Sea Of Grief
{18} Merciful Guanyin, Please Give Me Patience
{19} We're Going For A Field Trip! YAY!!!
{20} Wait- Is This A Fieldtrip or A Deathtrip?
{21} A Guide To Get On Someone's Nerves
{22} Wei Wuxian Woke Up and Choose Violence
{23} Sign My Bleeding Arm, Mr Tortoise! I'm A Big Fan!
Not an update
{24} Sects Should Prepare
{25} The Lans and Their Fate
Quick Announcement
HI
Back from hiatus uwu
{26} Letting Yourself Eaten By A Turtle Is Not The Brightest Idea
Interlude: A Recalling of Actions
{27} Hello Again, O̶l̶d̶ ̶F̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ Master
a chapter of apologize
Discontinued

{8} Plan A? Plan B?

2.6K 141 35
Da ReynDay

Author's Notes at the end

Comments and votes are very appreciated

Thanks to veronica201917 for the 'WangXian after the Waterborne Abyss scene' idea!

Warning!!! This chapter contains swear words! (Uncensored, so please read at your caution. Enjoy!)

(Oh, and pretend the picture above both of them are sitting. Thx)
~~

A strong smell of herbs.

A scent of medicines.

...Qing-Jie?

A melody from Guqin can be heard across the room

Lan Zhan? How am I in the infirmary?

Did he drag me back here?

How is everyone in LuanZang Gang?

H-

Why does Lan Zhan look so young-

...oh wait-

...Right. I travelled back in time

Wei Wuxian slowly opens his eyes, waking up with a grunt and his head is pounding so loud and bad like someone hits his head multiple times and make clanking noises right next to his ears.

Lan Wangji, who was originally played his Guqin, is notified of Wei Wuxian's awake by his grunt. He puts his fingers on the Guqin softly, stopping his Guqin from playing.

"Wei Ying"

Wei Wuxian, with his headache, faces Lan Wangji that is walking towards him, leaving his Guqin on the low table and standing beside where Wei Wuxian is. With a grunt, Wei Wuxian manages to make short sentences.

"Lan Zhan... What time is it? How long have I been unconscious?"

Lan Wangji answered softly,

"It's You shi. You have been unconscious for five days, Wei Ying"

Wei Wuxian froze. His headache somehow stops abruptly.

"D-Did I miss anything?"

Instead of answering, Lan Wangji eyed a dark-coloured flute beside Wei Wuxian's head. The flute's body is slender and beautiful. The aura that is emitted from the flute is ominous for the outsider but it's gentle-like motherly for Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. The flute happily vibrates when Lan Wangji stares strangely at it like a conscious being or there's some spirit that is housed in the flute (there is. Well, rather there are).

Wei Wuxian looks in the direction where Lan Wangji is looking.

ChenQing? She is here too?

"Lan Zhan, how did she get here?"

"... The flute?"

"Yup!"

"Played Cleansing. Resentful energy formed"

ChenQing can appear from resentful energy?! That'll be a cool dramatic entrance.

He took the flute, spin it and hold the flute gently like it's an old friend spirit in the flute.

Memories of him and ChenQing together played in his head.

He remembers the pain when he fights against the LuanZang Gang and their resentful energies, ranging from recently died, to hundreds to hundreds of thousands of years.

He remembers the first time he made ChenQing. The time when he exited out of LuanZang Gang, with the absolute control of the army of the dead, bride ghosts sought revenge on Wen Chao and all of blood-lusting lunatic Wens.

ChenQing is a flute that controls hundreds and thousands of corpses and did man-slaughter. Wei Wuxian plays the song of death, with ChenQing intensifying the intention and the command to the army of the dead.

Thousands of fierce corpses and ghosts kill and slaughter under their command.

Wei Wuxian, now titled Yiling Laozu hailed as a War Hero. By his side, ChenQing is the dark, infamous Ghost Flute.

He too, remember the happy times with her.

The time when ChenQing is annoyed when get chewed by A-Yuan.

The time when ChenQing is played to sing lullabies for A-Yuan to sleep.

And he remembers when it is the day of their separation.

When ChenQing is quivering, desperate for her master to not die as if she does that, it would prevent her master to come back to the living.

When ChenQing is slipping away from his hand as he slowly leaves the world.

The last desperate scream resonates in his head as he took his last breath and his open eyes darkened as he died.

Accompanied by the gloomy grey sky above.

Lan Wangji noticed the nostalgic and painful expression at Wei Wuxian.

"Wei Ying. What is that flute?"

Wei Wuxian swipes his thumb across the characters engraved on the flute's body, 陈情.

"Her name's ChenQing. A loyal flute that has accompanies me for a short time, yet we're attached."

Lan Wangji is not satisfied with his answer.

"Wei Ying, it is sated with resentful energy."

Wei Wuxian was about to be angry and shout at Lan Wangji but he remembers the last time Lan Wangji wanted to bring him to the Cloud Recesses, to protect him.

"Wei Ying, I love you"

He swallows all the hurtful words back to his throat and stays in silence for a while, choosing his words correctly.

"Lan Zhan, have you decided to trust me with the matter that I am from the future?"

"...mn"

"Is that a yes or no, Lan Zhan? I can't read your mind, you know"

"...yes"

Wei Wuxian lets out a sigh.

"If I tell you what happened in the future, would you believe me?"

"Yes"

"I will show the events with Empathy"

"Dangerous"

Wei Wuxian pouts.

"But Lan Zhan, it is much easier if you see everything instead of me explaining all of the events to you!"

"Too dangerous. Will listen to all Wei Ying's explanations. Don't want Wei Ying to be hurt."

Both of them are facing each other intensely before Wei Wuxian decided to ask for a paper instead.

"Lan Zhan, this is easier to be explained with Empathy but fine. Can you please notify Zewu-Jun to not interrupt us, lock the door and place sound-cancelling talismans? This information shouldn't be leaked to the world. Not yet. Oh and Lan Zhan, will you get me a stack I papers, ink and brush?"

"Mn"

Lan Wangji stands up to notify a disciple to give a message to his XiongZhang, lock the door and place sound-cancelling talismans to all of the walls in the infirmary (currently both of them are the only ones in the infirmary), take papers from the shelf, ink and brush from a table in his study room. He then gives it to Wei Wuxian who has moved to the low table with ChenQing and Suibian beside him, and he is sitting beside where Lan Wangji put his Guqin.

Wei Wuxian begins to write the title 'Future Events' draws 3 separate lines.

BEGINNING

MIDDLE

AFTER

Wei Wuxian points to the BEGINNING.

"In near future, Jiang Hu (Cultivation world) will be in war with Qishan When sect." He wrote 'War With Qishan Wen' below the title.

"This war has started since Qishan Wen
drove Waterborne Abyss into Biling Lake in Gusu Lan territory-."

Wei Wuxian writes 'Waterborne Abyss' under the BEGINNING.

"-A few weeks after this visiting disciples class is over, Gusu Lan will be burned."

Colours drained from Lan Wangji's face, making his face pale, paler.

"Burned?"

Wei Wuxian eyed Lan Wangji with pity, and write 'Cloud Recesses' Fall' under

"Yes, Lan Zhan. Wen Xu will burn down Cloud Recesses. Lan Zongzhu Qingheng-Jun died in the burning. Zewu-Jun disappeared with scrolls and scripts from the Forbidden Library and Library Pavilion. Your leg was broken because of defending Library Pavillion."

Lan Wangji fixes his composure, even though he is shocked by all of this information.

"What happened next, Wei Ying?"

Wei Wuxian inhales, writes 'Indoctrination' under the 'Cloud Recessed' Fall' before continuing.

"Qishan When will ask 20 disciples from each sect to be in an Indoctrination. Wen Chao is the one that leads the Indoctrination. The first thing we must do is to give up our swords and memorize their sect's rules! And all of the foods provided by them are bland and almost rotten, Lan Zhan! We weren't students in indoctrination but a prisoner to keep each of our sects on a leash!"

"...mn. What happened after that?"

"After that..."

Wei Wuxian writes 'Xuanwu'.

"...We were used as a meat shield to fight hundreds of years Yaoguai."

"A Yaoguai?"

"Not just common Yaoguai, rather it's fake Xuanwu or The Turtle Of Slaughter

Lan Wangji, "The Xuanwu that is said disappeared after slaughtering an entire village?"

"Yes, that one. When all of the Indoctrination disciples are struggling since all the Wen guards that Wen Chao and his bitch Wang LingJiao cut the rope to the surface and left us to rot!"

Wei Wuxian spats Wen Chao and Wang LingJiao's names like poisons.

Lan Wangji stays quiet throughout.

"And then..."

Wei Wuxian's voice is dying off from rage into a whisper.

While he says and writes the next event that'll happen, a tear slipped down his face.

"Lotus Pier Massacred"
'Lotus Pier Massacre'

Both are quiet and no one is brave enough to break the silence. Wei Wuxian's mournful silence as he recollects his ShiDis, ShiMeis, ShiXiongs and ShiJies corpses piling up like a hill, blood flowing like a river.

Minutes pass. Wei Wuxian continues with small sobs.

"Jiang Cheng lost his core, melted and his back was hurt with Discipline Whip badly by the Wens. But don't worry! He was a badass on the battlefield, fighting against Wens! But when I first went back to Lotus Pier to rescue him, I met Wen Ning and he helped me to rescue Jiang Cheng and sedate Wen Chao, his bitch, the Wenzhou* Wen Zhuliu and every Wen soldier who celebrated the massacre in Lotus Pier. He took us to his sister, Wen Qing and helped him and healed him and..."

He hesitates a bit.

"...I got into LuanZang Gang but that's irrelevant so we'll move to the 'Middle' section."

"Wei Ying"

"Yes, Lan Zhan?"

"Healed Jiang Wanyin and what?"

"It is irrelevant, Lan Zhan"

"Wei Ying."

Lan Wangji speaks with eyes full of concern. How could Wei Wuxian deny those eyes? But... He promises himself for this secret he will bring it to the grave.

"Qing-Jie just healed Jiang Cheng, Lan Zhan. Nothing else."

"Wei Ying, how can Jiang Wanyin fights if he doesn't have any golden core?"

Wei Wuxian froze.

"Aha-Ahaha Lan Zhan. Did I say that? Forget about it. Please? Can we just continue?"

"Wei Ying"

"Lan Zhan, please"

"Wei Ying-"

"Lan Zhan!"

"Please tell me-"

"I can't"

"WEI YING!"

"I MADE WEN QING TRANSFER MY CORE TO JIANG CHENG AND LIED TO HIM THAT BAOSHAN SANREN FIXED IT FOR HIM"

For a moment, their breaths are the only ones that can be heard in the infirmary. Their eyes are wide but one is mad and the other one is shocked.

"Wei Ying. How long-"

"C- Can we please just continue?"

"Wei Ying-"

"3 days and 2 nights. No anaesthetic since it will dissipate the golden core. Now, can we please continue first?..."

We Wuxian now sounds weak and defeated. Lan Wangji nodded weakly, still shocked by the fact that Wei Wuxian transferred his golden core to Jiang Wanyin.

The Yunmeng Jiang Head Disciple points his brush on MIDDLE.

"For the Middle, it's not a long list. It's just war overall. But war isn't like what you think, Lan Zhan. It's not glorious or heroic. It was traumatic, full of murder and bloodshed. Friends or foes' blood splattering on the ground. The smell of death is everywhere. But Jin Sect decided to hug Wen Ruohan's leg and only participate in the war after the Wens are losing. I think the only people who are sane in the Jin Sect are Jin-Furen, Jin Zixuan and MianMian or Luo-Guniang. The rest are trash."

Wei Wuxian writes 'Reclaiming Cloud Recesses' and 'Reclaiming Lotus Pier' under the 'MIDDLE' section.

"Reclaiming Cloud Recesses was a success with the help of Chifeng-Zun. Not long after that, Lotus Pier also succeed in being reclaimed from the Wens."

"Mn. How was it that fast?"

"I-I might use some method that is... Unpleasant"

Lan Wangji nodded his head.

"I used Demonic Cultivation, Lan Zhan. I know you despise me now but I promise I was under absolute control."

I didn't. I died.

"And I need to do it again this timeline or the war will end longer and more civilians and innocents will suffer. So please listen to me first Lan Zh-"

"Wei Ying. Demonic Cultivation is... Rather unpleasant, but I trust your judgement. If it is important to use it... At least please let me play Cleansing and Clarity you after using it, to lighten the burden of resentful energy and calm your mind."

Wei Wuxian nodded.
Two lifetimes, Lan Zhan worries about me in both lifetimes.

"We won the war in the end. I weakened Wen Ruohan with my Demonic Cultivation and Jin Guangya- I mean Meng Yao assassinated him with his flexible sword, Hensheng. We also got inside information from him through Zewu-Jun."

The word 'Wen Ruohan's Death' is under the 'Reclaiming Lotus Pier'.

"After we win, it takes us to the 'After' section. This is where it got worse."

Wei Wuxian writes 'Jin Guangyao', 'Jin Guangshan', 'Wen Prisoners' Camp', 'Raid at LuanZang Gang' under the word 'AFTER'.

He points his brush on 'Jin Guangyao'.

"After Meng Yao assassinated Wen Ruohan and almost got killed by Chifeng-Zun since, in the Wen Palace, Meng Yao murdered Nie disciples to pleased Wen Ruohan. This is logical since he is a spy and wants to gain Wen Ruohan's trust. Jin Guangshan acknowledge him as a son and gave him a name, Jin Guangyao."

Lan Wangji listens attentively.

Wei Wuxian's brush points at 'Jin Guangshan'.

"This man-whore, who didn't even participate in the war, pressures other sects to elect him as a Chief Cultivator since his sect is the only one who had resources and money. Jiang Cheng was pressured to marry my Shijie to Jin Zixuan, and we were still mourning! The audacity! But of course, I had to run my mouth and cause trouble for the Jiang Sect and I still deeply regret it and insults Jin Zixun for his stupidity!"

"Unwise"

"I know, Lan Zhan. It was stupid but how can I stand still when my Shijie is being pressured into marriage while she was still mourning the death of Jiang-Shushu and Yu-Furen?"

"Mn"

"All of the sects agree to let Jin Sect handle the Wen cultivators and prison them. But in practice, the Jin Sect massacre Wen innocents! Elders! Children! There were no cultivators in the prisoner camps, Lan Zhan!"

Wei Wuxian grips his brush so tight it might break.

"It gets worse from there. Wen Qing, who helped and healed Jiang Cheng and the sister from Wen Ning who rescued Jiang Cheng, beg for me to find Wen Ning. I had to help, you know. They helped Jiang Cheng before!

So, I confronted Jin Zixun and ask the location of Wen Ning. I threatened Jin Zixun and got his location. At Qiongqi Path, oh God- At Qiongqi Path, dead bodies everywhere, Lan Zhan. They are piled like what the Wens did to Jiang Sect. Innocent Wens, Wen Qing's family, the Dafan Wens all cooped up in a cramped place and most of them died. Web Ning died because the guards stab the Spirit-Attraction flag to his abdomen."

Wei Wuxian's voice is starting to get more groggy and fading. Lan Wangji still listens but his face now is as pale as a paper.

The brush points at 'Raid of LuanZang Gang'

"I brought them to LuanZang Gang. We were happy... For a while. I raised Wen Ning as a Ferocious Corpse since his spiritual cognition is there, played with A-Yuan, planting radishes... Then shits happened. I'm invited to my nephew's 100 days celebration, ambushed, Jin Zixuan's death trying to stop the ambush, Wen Qing and When Ning gave up themselves, Shijie's death trying to save me from getting stabbed, the slaughter of Wen Remnants and...

My death."

...

Breaths are held. Wei Wuxian tries to hold his tears and is shocked when he lifts his head.

Lan Wangji is crying. His face is stoic and unmoving but tears are going down his face. Wei Wuxian leans forward to wipe Lan Wangji's tears off his face.

"Lan Zhan- why- why are you crying..."

"Wei Ying... I'm sorry you had to go through all those things"

"Lan Zhan, it's not your fault. It never is. I am the one who shoulders all the consequences from my actions and words."

"Did I help you... Before?"

"Mn. You visited me at LuanZang Gang. I know you can't help me as you still have your rules to follow and your reputation at stake."

"Mn..."

Wei Wuxian stops his hand before touching Lan Wangji's shoulder. When he sees no objections, he puts his arm around Lan Wangji who still has tears streaming down. Hesitantly, Lan Wangji returns the hug Wei Wuxian gives to him.

The two of them are holding each other while processing their emotions. ChenQing and Suibian are also quiet.

While Wei Wuxian is still in his arms, Lan Wangji speaks

"Wei Ying, we need a plan"

"To save the Jianghu, Lan Zhan?"

"Mn"

"Are we friends now?"

"...Mn. Friends"

Wei Wuxian is cheering up.
Lan Zhan, Wo ai ni. But probably it is not the time to confess...yet.

"Let's do it then"

Next,
Chapter 9: Planning Disaster!!!
~~
*Wen-Gou: An insult for Wens. Gou means dog so Wen-Gou means Wen-Dog.
~~
Heavens-
I finished this draft at 2 AM again. I need to stop drinking coffee at night-

Tbh, this chapter is just an excuse for me to write WangXian holding and hugging each other (at least, an attempt on fluff. I think.)

Please take this chapter with 2000++ words as an offering.

Thank you to everyone who has read this book (this book reached 900+ viewers?! How???🥺🥺🥺), voters and those who left comments. I appreciate the support and it motivates me to write more and more.

For this chapter's Author's Comment (you may skip to ~~. This is just my opinion and me ranting ;w;)

Is that MDZS is probably not a good introduction to Wuxia (not much of Immortals), but MDZS is a great story about how humans are not perfect beings. All of us have mistakes, faults and good traits (unless it's Jin Guangshan in this story. Sorry, he is just a man-whore and has the worst personality traits I've ever read. But my respect to Shen Xiaohai! (even if you don't like the character, don't hate the actor >:(. In this family, we only hate the fictional character and not the person who did the role wonderfully :D) He played Jin Guangshan so wonderfully that I change from hating Jin Guangshan into want to throw him to LuanZang Gang. (Again, I don't hate the actor. Just the character.)

Our protagonist baby, Wei Wuxian also has weaknesses too. Probably he doesn't want Jiang Wanyin and Jiang Yanli worried about him but aren't they siblings? (But I can't blame him. The last order from Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan is to protect their children). He also takes all the blame. This is unhealthy and it doesn't make things better with JWY but strain their relationship more. WWX does everything for him, JWY doesn't do anything (JWY is also capable of things if only WWX gives him the chance), JWY blames WWX for being heroic, they fight, JYL brings in soup, peace, the cycle goes on and on and is neverending.
~~

Overall, MDZS novel and donghua are great development and conflict between LWJ and WWX while The Untamed/Chen Qing Ling is a great example of how BL is also great even without sexual intercourse in the drama/movie.

See you in the next chapter! :D

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

24.1K 2K 28
"Wei Ying. This name shall now be forgotten by everyone, both in the mortal realm and the heavenly realm. You shall remain imprisoned until someone c...
161K 10.3K 87
*** PLEASE READ STOLEN MEMORIES ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN FIRST****** They say that people change after they get married. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan have been...
256K 12.2K 54
"What happened to you?"... "Why are you so cold?"... "Who hurt you?"... Wei Ying is missing, the sunshot campaign is struggling and on the brink of c...
19.3K 988 23
Wei WuXian raised his hand in front of him, floating the object that immediately captured the complete attention of all the cultivators below him. He...