Perfect Storm [Dave East FanF...

็”ฑ LoveMiaxo

๐ŸšจWarning this book is VERY TOXIC ๐Ÿšจ 2ND BOOK TO WHAT IS LOVE ? Love is never enough. ๆ›ดๅคš

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
100k ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
48.
49.
50.
51.
Epilogue
Third and Final Book out Now !!

47.

3.7K 101 55
็”ฑ LoveMiaxo

Omniscient

"Amir stop it!" Naala screamed as Dave continued to hit the masked man with the butt of the gun. "Just get him out of here," She said to him.

"Mommy?" Sinai said standing at the door, clutching Malia's hands.

"Girls, go to my room, lock the door," Naala said closing the door on them.

The man managed to get the gun out of Dave's hand causing it to slide across the floor to Naala.

She rushed to pick it up from the floor and checked to see if it was loaded.

"Bitch ass nigga," Dave sniffed punching him in the face before pulling the mask off.

"Tarek," Naala mumbled confusedly. Dave stood back and grabbed the gun from Naala.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Dave cursed flexing his hand which was sore.

"I came to get my children," Tarek slurred drunkly. Naala sighed and closed her eyes, she knew that he assumed the babies were his.

"What is he talking about?" Dave turned to Naala,

"Tell him Naala," Tarek stumbled towards her.

"He's drunk Amir, he's just talking," Naala said putting her hand on Dave's arm. "Can you just get him out of here?"

"Naala I ain't gonna ask again," Dave said calmly, he was two seconds from blowing up on her.

"We fucked and the next second she's pregnant," Tarek spilled.

"That is not what happened," Naala snapped. "I was already pregnant, they're not yours Tarek, I told you that."

"You fucked him while you were pregnant?" Dave questioned his eyes on the wire he say hanging out of his jacket.

Naala followed his eyes and realised what was going on. She was about to ask Dave if he was okay because he knew she slept with Tarek, they had discussed it almost 7 months ago.

"It was a mistake," Naala defended quickly following Dave's lead. "I was upset, and he was there,"

"I know everything Naala, you know your sister was a pillow talker," Tarek started. "She let me in on all y'all little secrets,"

"What are you even talking about?" Naala frowned.

"Where you keep your money, where you keep the drugs, everything," Tarek spat.

Naala raised a brow, there was no reason for him to be talking about that.

"You seriously fucked him?" Dave repeated holding the gun up slightly.

"Amir please," Naala said trying to gauge what he was about to do.

"And I'll do it again," Tarek smirked drunkly.

"Do it," Naala mouthed to Dave, gesturing to the gun.

Tarek chuckled and tried to reach to pick up one of the twins, when Dave took the gun off safety and shot him.

The sound of the gunshot, sounding through the entire house.

"Why would you do that?!" Naala screamed dropping to the floor beside Tarek. Still keeping up the façade.

"Everytime I think you can't raise the bar Naala, you do it," Dave shook his head at her.

"You knew I slept with him," Naala said with her hand over the gunshot wound. "I told you about it and you said we'll work through it," She spoke truthfully.

"You said a kiss," Dave shouted. "Do you know how much it disgusts me that every nigga I've been around knows what's your pussy looks like?"

Naala drew her head back because he was enjoying himself a bit too much.

"You're being dramatic, can you help me with him please?" She asked. The bullet was lodged in Tarek's stomach and if she lifted her hand off him, he would bleed out.

"I ain't helping shit," Dave mumbled. "I'm gonna go take my daughters somewhere," He acted.

"Don't start Amir, please?" Naala begged. "I didn't lie to you," She added.

"A kiss and sex is two different things Naala," Dave shook his head.

"Dial it back a bit," Naala whispered pointing to the wire sticking out of his jacket.

"I'm leaving you," Dave said loud enough for the mic to pick up on it.

"You can't leave me," Naala replied taking her hand off Tarek. His breathing started to get shallow. Dave handed her a cloth to wipe her hands off.

"I'm going Naala and I'm taking my babies with me," Dave announced handing her the gun to clean off.

"Where are you going to go?" Naala asked him. They made eye contact and he leaned down to kiss her lips lightly.

"Somewhere your hoe ass ain't," Dave said making Naala hit his arm with a small smile. "The hills," He whispered into her ear and she immediately knew what he meant.

Dave left the room dialled 911 on his phone and reported a gunshot heard from their house. He took the girls and left the house, leaving Naala alone with a dying Tarek and the twins.

"Naala please," Tarek breathed heavy, his death was nearing and all he could do was gravel.

"I'm trying," Naala lied sitting down in the rocking chair staring at him. "I want us to be together," She added with a bored expression.

She was waiting for him to die so she could take the wire off him. What was bothering her was who had sent him and why did they care to hear her conversations?

1 hour later ...

"Ma'am, ma'am, and then what happened?" The uniformed officer questioned Naala. Naala held onto her babies tightly, not looking away from the broken window.

"I took the gun off safety and shot him," Naala muttered softly. She was playing her role perfectly.

"Is he dead?" Naala added turning to them. A glint of hope in her eyes.

"No he's not," The officer replied to her question. Naala could have been sick right there at that news. "But he will be going away for a long time,"

"Oh okay," Naala breathed a sigh of relief. That gave them enough time to get to him in jail.

"Howie we aren't gonna get anything from her," The other cop intervened.

It was clear, Naala wasn't going to tell them much more, she was far too shaken up or so they thought.

"Where is my husband?" Naala questioned with a sniff.

"He wasn't on the property when we arrived," The officer told her.

Naala nodded and looked down at the babies who were asleep in her arms.

"I guess we've got everything we need," The officer blew out a breath. Naala wasn't speaking and they weren't interested in waiting for her to speak.

"I'll show you out," Naala stood,

"No, you've got your hands full," Howie grimaced at the babies. Naala watched them leave and waited till she heard the door slam.

"Alright guys, we're going to the hills," Naala mumbled to the babies laying them down to change.

~~

1 week later ...

"Naala are you listening?" Miani asked her daughter. Eli paused his prayers and looked up at her.

"I'm listening," Naala nodded sitting up straight. Today was the twins dedication ceremony and in Nigerian culture it must always take place 7 days after birth.

Naala was tired, exhausted even. No one knew of their house in the hills so they didn't have any staff, meaning she did everything on her own.

They had been praying over the babies for about 30 minutes and Naala was ready to sleep.

"Kí wæn máa gbé ní ìṣọ̀kan" Eli prayed in Yoruba. [They will live in harmony]

"Ami," Naala mumbled an Amen in Yoruba.

"Aye won yoo dara," Eli added, stretching his hands over to Naala. [Their lives will be better than those of their parents].

"ibi kan kì yio sunmọ wọn,"  Eli prayed with his eyes closed. [No evil shall come near them]

"Mú ìbejì wá" One of Naala's grandmother, Stella, called to her. [Bring the twins]

"Mommy can you help me?" Naala said standing to her feet. Her mom rushed to help her get them from their new nursery.

"Nibo ni oko re?" Miani questioned making Naala sigh. [Where is your husband?]

"I don't know Ma," Naala replied tucking her hair behind her ear.

"And no ring," Miani said taking Naala's left hand. "What is going on dear?"

"Marriage is so hard mom," Naala exhaled. "We keep fighting over petty things so he's staying in the guesthouse," She explained.

"So he couldn't come for his children's dedication?" Miani said in disbelief.

"Mama this is our tradition, not his," Naala defended Dave.

"It doesn't matter. If it's important to you, then it should be important to him," Miani reminded her.

"I told him to come, if he doesn't I won't be mad about it," Naala shrugged picking up Aamirah.

Aamirah had finally warmed up to Naala, after a week of crying anytime Naala was near her.

"What were you arguing about?" Miani asked her, "I hope not infidelity?" She herself knew both Dave and Naala had a problem with cheating on one and other.

"No not that. He doesn't agree with the ways I choose to raise our kids. He also called me lazy and that hurt because I try my best," Naala huffed.

"So you kicked him out for calling you lazy?" Miani asked to be sure. "Sweetheart, if I kicked my husband out for everything he said to me, I'd be divorced. You need thicker skin."

"Whatever mom, you asked so I told you," Naala tutted catching an attitude.

"How's it been with the twins?" Miani questioned lifting Aasad up.

"Amir is helpful, even when we're fighting. He comes into the main house at night to help with the night time feeds," Naala told her.

"He's a good man Naala, work it out," Miani replied,

"That's what he's meant to do, he does the bare minimum," Naala frowned. Her family literally praised Dave for doing what he was meant to do as a father.

"At least he's present," Miani commented. Naala rolled her eyes and didn't respond to her mom.

"My handsome grandson," Miani smiled at Aasad. "You know, he does look like Eli a bit," She teased Naala.

"Mama stop," Naala laughed taking a muslin with her.

They returned back to the living area where Naala's grandmother Stella, had brought out all her essentials to give the babies their first traditional bath.

"I don't want you to get upset about this, maybe you should go into the kitchen," Miani suggested to Naala. She knew first hand how graphic this would get.

"I need to see," Naala shook her head. Stella took Aamirah first, and put her in the warm water, pouring water over her face immediately.

Naala winced as Aamirah started to cry loudly,

"So she will not be afraid of heights," Stella announced as she held Aamirah by her foot upside down.

"Sit," Miani told Naala as she stood to get her crying baby.

"But mom," Naala teared up while Aamirah screamed loudly. Stella was now shaking Aamirah and Naala couldn't bare to watch.

"Yoo dara," Miani said putting her hand on her thigh. [It will be okay]

Stella set Aamirah down and picked up the Shea butter to rub into her skin.

"We don't want flat bum," Stella laughed in Yoruba pushing Aamirah's bum up.

"I don't like this," Naala said standing to her feet and walking away. Her mum watched her leave, knowing she would do so.

Naala sat in the kitchen, trying to block out her babies crying. It hurt to hear them scream and know she couldn't do anything about it.

The back door unlocked and Dave stepped in, throwing his keys onto the counter.

"You're late," Naala said watching him move around the kitchen.

"They crying and you're in here?" Dave spoke looking over at her.

"I couldn't watch anymore," Naala shook her head. Dave looked at her funny and peeked his head out to look.

"She got Aasad upside down," Dave gasped stepping back. "Y'all are too much for me," He shook his head.

"It's my mom," Naala sighed. "She wants this to happen, after Naleli and everything," Naala wasn't big on tradition but she wanted to please her mother.

"I admire that," Dave nodded taking a seat beside her.

Naala didn't respond, she concentrated on his phone in his hand.

"Someone's blowing you up," Naala pointed out making him look down at his flashing phone.

"It's not important," Dave answered putting his phone down on the counter.

"Oh," Naala nodded. "So I can answer it?" She reached for it.

"Naala what are you trynna do? Why do you wanna argue?" Dave sighed sliding the phone away from her.

Naala scoffed and picked up the phone, looking through his messages.

She didn't see anything that wasn't right, if anything all she saw was work stuff.

"Where have you been staying?" Naala asked him, "I went to the guest house this morning and you weren't there," She said putting the phone down.

"I went to see Mariah," Dave replied before pulling her stool closer. "I'm staying in the guesthouse, why would I lie?"

"Because you're a liar," Naala mumbled staring at him.

"I wanna come home," Dave added talking close to her lips.

"You don't respect me," Naala said sadly. "I'm trying so hard to be a good mom and not fall into a depressive state," She complained.

"All of this because of laundry?" Dave mumbled rubbing her thigh.

"It's not the laundry," Naala snapped. "It's you thinking my job is easy."

"Alright, I'm sorry, I was insensitive," Dave replied sincerely. "I'll make it up to you. So can I come home,"

"Naala," Eli's voice boomed through the house. Naala rose from her seat and tried to walk away from him.

"I'm coming home," Dave pulled her back by her waist. "Ion like that house," He added kissing her lips before she could protest.

"You can come home," She nodded, "But first, did you have sex with Trinity?" Naala asked him quietly.

"I wouldn't even let her get close enough for me to do that baby," Dave shook his head.

"Mmm," Naala hummed not believing him. Dave wrapped his arms around her and kissed her again.

"Stop assuming shit," He said patting her ass. Naala huffed and put her hand on his chest.

"Do you think I need to go back to therapy?" She asked him lowly.

"You need to start trusting that I don't want to hurt you Naala, all I'm trying to do is love you," Dave said honestly.

"I'm a mess," Naala muttered. Her hormones were raging and all she wanted was him.

"You didn't hear us calling you?" Miani asked entering the kitchen. She noticed how close they were and Dave's arms wrapped around her.

"Hey ma," Dave smiled letting Naala go.

"David," Miani said simply. "My daughter is no longer wearing her ring?" She said getting straight to the point.

"Mommy," Naala sighed rolling her eyes.

"I told her about taking it off," Dave replied lifting Naala's hand up.

"I don't appreciate you making my daughter upset," Miani pointed at him. "When I came in here, she was laying on the couch crying,"

"Mom!" Naala said shutting Miani up. "Stop it," She tutted walking away from them.

"I don't make her upset," Dave responded. "Naala shuts down on me, I've been trying to get her to talk to me,"

"My daughter is very sensitive and she's still grieving, take it easy on her," Miani said low enough for him to hear. "As women, the hardest times we go through is after giving birth, she is bound to be all over the place," Miani advised him.

"I've never wanted to hurt Naala, I love her," Dave explained.

"I don't disagree with that darling," Miani said sincerely. "But she's my baby girl, wouldn't you protect your girls the same way?"

"A hundred percent," Dave nodded,

"So you can see why I'm hard on you," Miani said crossing her arms. "Stop hurting my daughter or I will hurt you. She is all I have left,"

"Now give me a hug," Miani smiled holding her hands out to him. Miani really did like Dave, he kept Naala grounded for most part but they were also both very much the same stubborn person.

"Are they done throwing my kids around?" Dave asked as they pulled away.

"We're just getting started," Miani laughed linking arms with him and walking back to the living area.

Naala was sat on the floor with the babies in front of her.

"Join her," Miani nudged him. Dave nodded and went to sit beside Naala who felt relieved to have him by her side.

"I'm not going anywhere," Dave reassured her quietly, kissing her cheek.

"Kini awon oruko ti o yan fun won?" Eli questioned Naala.

"He said what names have we chosen for them?" Naala translated for Dave.

"Aasad Sai and Aamirah Sahir," Dave said putting his arm around her waist.

"Lewä," Stella commented, calling the names beautiful. "I am glad to see you by his side," She spoke to Naala.

Eli ignored his wife and laid his hands over the babies, beginning his prayers over them.

"A woman's place is beside her husband, always," Stella continued. Naala sighed because she knew this was about to be some bullshit.

"Not now," Miani mumbled to her step mother.

Naala's grandmother was very traditional and believer that a woman lived to serve husband no matter what or how they treat you.

"I will speak my mind," Stella said to her. "You see where I am, I'm with my husband, that is what marriage is," She pointed at her.

"I get it, I have to degrade myself to make him happy right?" Naala spoke up,

"Wo ẹnu rẹ" Stella pointed at Naala. [Watch your mouth].

"All I am saying is that when he is happy, your family home will prosper," Stella went on to say. "Not living in separate homes with different men," Stella hinted. 

She didn't like that Naala had children by two different men, it was not traditional.

"Y'all can get up out of my house now," Naala said standing up. "I'm not really in the mood for this, I have things to do tomorrow,"

"You better win that election," Eli stood and fixed his clothes. "We don't fail," He reminded her.

"Daddy, she just had her babies," Miani jumped to Naala's defence.

"Women give birth every day, she is not the first. I have put too much money into this. Don't let me down Naala," Eli said firmly.

"Are y'all gonna leave?" Naala asked shifting her weight to the other foot.

"Naleli would have been a better candidate, she would know how to manage this. You're in your head too much," Eli continued to go in on her.

"Naleli was stronger, it is a shame," Stella coincided with her husband.

"I really can't do this," Naala said picking up the babies. She was over her entire family at this point and wanted them out of her house.

"I don't appreciate y'all coming in my home and saying shit like that to my wife," Dave huffed.

"If you don't like how she does something, then that's on you. But you're not gonna come in here and make her feel bad about herself," He continued.

Miani smiled softly, she had never seen Dave be so protective over her.

"I'll see myself out," Eli cleared his throat, taking his wife's hand.

"Well done," Miani whispered patting his shoulder. "That's how you stand up for your wife," She praised him.

"Now I gotta go and pick up the pieces," Dave sighed with his hands in his pockets.

"I'll speak to my dad," Miani told him. She hugged Dave before leaving the house behind them.

Dave cleaned up the living room and went to find Naala. He went into their room and saw the babies laid on the bed but she wasn't there.

"Naala," Dave called out closing the door behind him.

"I'm coming," Naala replied from the bathroom. Dave sat down on their large bed and picked Aamirah up.

"My pretty girl," He kissed her cheek. Dave was in love with their children just as much their mother.

Aasad kicked his feet and stared at Dave, "You really don't give a shit about me huh?" He mumbled to him.

The bathroom door unlocked and Naala came out, dressed in her silk robe. Her hair was up and her face was freshly washed.

"Are they hungry?" She asked picking up her hand cream.

"She keeps sucking on my face," Dave laughed moving Aamirah off his face.

"Okay, come on my pretty," Naala mumbled sitting on her side of the bed. She picked up her feeding pillow and held her hands out for Aamirah.

"You okay?" Dave asked while she started feeding.

"I'm stressing about Tuesday," Naala said putting her head back on the headboard. "It's my first public appearance since the twins and it's also one of my last before the actual election,"

"You want me to come with you?" Dave said getting up with Aasad in his arms.

"You can't because of you know who," Naala muttered looking at him move around the room.

"This plan seems a bit too much," Dave commented setting Aasad down.

"They want us to split up, so that's what we're doing," Naala shrugged. Her eyes grew heavy as she nursed Aamirah.

Dave got back into the bed and kissed her cheek, "You're tired, let me give them a bottle," He spoke kissing all over her.

Normally Naala would protest but she was overly sleepy. "I pumped two bottles, you have to warm them up," She spoke detaching Aamirah from her nipple.

She kissed her cheek and handed her over to Dave. He leaned in and kissed Naala passionately.

"I'm happy to be back where I belong," He spoke brushing her hair back.

"Mmm," Naala smiled laying down in the array of pillows behind her. "You know what I would love?"

"Anything you want baby," Dave replied standing up straight with the babies in his arms.

"Sex," Naala said simply. "I miss having sex with you," She complained.

"Anything but that Love," Dave chuckled. "Go to sleep I'm coming," He told her.

"Love you," Naala mumbled closing her eyes. She drifted off quickly, her tiredness was overpowering.

Not even an hour into her sleep, Dave was right behind her, kissing on her.

"We didn't speak about what your grandad said to you," Dave spoke lowly, rubbing her ass.

"I'm living in Naleli's shadow," Naala huffed. "Everything I do they compare me to her," She said turning to look at him.

"Then step out it," Dave advised her. "You don't have to do things you don't want to."

"I want to make my mom proud of me," Naala shrugged. "I've not achieved anything in this life apart from my family,"

"What do you mean?" Dave frowned at her.

"Amir what do you think I've achieved? All I do is have babies because that's what I'm good at, that's what will make you stay," Naala answered quietly.

"Naala I —"

"You don't have to say anything," Naala shook her head.

"You think that's why I'm here?" Dave questioned pulling her closer.

"Why else would you be with me?" Naala responded. "Both you and Hassan use me to have babies with, knowing that I'm weak."

"You're not weak and I don't use you," Dave answered quickly. "Naala I would be with you without the kids, I love you,"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," Naala closed her eyes. It was a painful subject for her because in everything she did, someone always reminded her that she wasn't enough.

"You seriously think I use you?" Dave said with a hurt expression.

"I think that I'm an easy option for you." Naala shrugged. "The same with Hassan, he stayed because of the boys not because of me," She added.

"And I stayed even when Saint wasn't mine," Dave replied sitting up slightly.

"No you didn't," Naala argued. "You got me locked away in a mental facility and divorced me,"

"Aren't I here now?" Dave questioned angrily.

"Yes you are but I needed you then," Naala mumbled her eyes filling with tears. "I always need you but you don't see that,"

"I'm struggling but you don't see that I need help," Naala said as she started to softly cry. "All you do is pump me up with babies and leave,"

"I'm not leaving," Dave wiped her face. "You having a bad day?" He questioned, being soft on asking about her mental health.

"I'm having a bad week, I want you back home now," Naala cried in his arms.

"I'm back, I'm back," Dave said holding her as her shoulders shook.

"Baby I think you have postpartum again," Dave sighed. That was one of his biggest fears and everything she was saying including how she had been acting the past week, proved his point.

"But I love my babies," Naala cried, "I don't know what's wrong with me but it's not them,"

"I know you do but you're not yourself right now," Dave replied rubbing her back. "Tomorrow we'll go and see Dr Reece," He told her.

"Okay," Naala nodded letting him soothe her to sleep. Dave held her for the rest of the night, fearful for what they would be told tomorrow.

~~

"Is mommy okay?" Saint asked Dave while he helped him with his seatbelt.

"Mommy's just tired," Dave mumbled lowly. Naala was in the front passenger seat with her head against the window.

She was awake but hadn't muttered two words to anyone. She barely got herself dressed and into the car.

Dave got the kids ready for school on his own and now they were all filing into the car for him to drop them off before Naala's appointment.

Sinai was able to take herself to school and opted on getting the bus with her friends.

They had to ride in the Escalade because of the two baby seats plus Malia and Saint, all in the back.

"Malia doesn't want to go to school," Malia frowned crossing her arms.

"Malia doesn't have a choice," Dave said handing her a breakfast sandwich.

"Stupid daddy," Malia mumbled opening up her sandwich. Saint laughed beside her and opened up his own sandwich.

"Dad I can't eat the bacon one," Saint said handing it back to him.

"I forgot," Dave sighed. Hassan had asked if Saint would be a practising Muslim, meaning he didn't eat pork anymore. It fit in perfectly for Naala because she didn't want her babies eating pork anyway.

"He has an egg one," Naala said not lifting her head up. "Malia swap with your brother and take the bacon out," She ordered.

Malia who surprisingly could tell her mom wasn't in the mood, swapped sandwiches with Saint with no complaint.

"I forgot," Dave repeated when he sat beside Naala. "I don't normally make the bacon ones for them, only for Maniya," He added.

"It's not your fault, I normally do it," Naala replied quietly. Dave put his hand on her thigh and rubbed it. "Please don't touch me," Naala spoke, she didn't want to be touched at that moment.

"Sorry," Dave said moving his hand off her. He started the car and they were on their way.

"Mommy I forgot my project," Saint said 10 minutes into the drive to their school.

Naala lifted her head up and looked back at him, "The project I spent 2 hours on yesterday?"

"It was too big for me to carry it, I thought you would," Saint said defensively.

"I swear to God," Naala muttered closing her eyes. "Is it due today Nasir?"

"Yeah," Saint shrugged,

"Saint why didn't you say anything about it?" Dave grumbled turning back. "Now y'all are gonna be late cuz I have to turn back,"

"Leave it," Naala said to Dave. "He'll just fail," She shrugged.

She had no energy to even shout at him, she didn't have energy to do anything.

They drove in silence to the school and when they got there, Naala got out of the car to say bye.

"Bye I love you," Naala whispered to Malia, hugging her tightly.

"No kisses," Malia squealed when Naala kissed her cheek.

"Mwah," Naala kissed her cheek once more and then hugged Saint.

"I'll talk to your teacher about the project," She told him. Naala felt bad for letting her moods get in the way of being a mom, her children shouldn't have to suffer due to her mental difficulties.

"Love you ma," Saint said, his face flushing red.

"I love you too angel," Naala replied kissing his head. She watched them go into the school and then turned back to the car.

"I'm sorry," Naala said to Dave after a while. "You haven't done anything wrong, I'm in my head too much like my grandad said," She said to him.

"It's alright Love, I'm not sweating it," Dave said holding her hand. "I just want you to be better," He added kissing her hand softly.

"Yeah," Naala nodded looking out of the window. Letting him hold her hand, Dave drove down to the doctors office which wasn't too far from the school.

"The stroller is so much better," Naala commented watching Dave hook the babies seats onto the stroller frame.

"Told you," Dave agreed. "And they're still asleep," He pointed out.

"Mmm," Naala held his hand tightly as he used one hand to push the stroller.

They entered through the back entrance like normal and straight into Dr Reece's office.

She was waiting for them at her desk, which wasn't a normal occurrence.

"Hi, I was wondering when I was gonna see the new additions again," Dr Reece peeped out as soon as they entered.

"How have they been?" She asked as Naala got them out.

"Good, they've been really good actually," Naala nodded. Dave sat beside her and took Aamirah out of her hands.

"They look very healthy, especially this little guy," Dr Reece said about Aasad. "The feeding has been going well I can see?"

"I nurse probably about 6 times a day and try with a bottle in the evenings," Naala told her unenthusiastically.

"It's not them we're worried about," Dave intervened. "Naala has been really up and down, she barely eats or sleeps and cries about anything," He listed off.

"Have you heard of baby blues?" Dr Reece said sitting back.

Both Dave and Naala shook their heads. "Baby blues is when a new mother, like yourself, finds it hard to get back to normal life without being pregnant,"

"It lasts about two weeks and is literally everything you just described to me Dave," She continued.

"So I don't have postpartum depression?" Naala questioned quietly.

"I wouldn't say so, no. With Saint, you had the urge to hurt him correct?" Dr Reece asked,

"Yes," Naala nodded shamefully. "I don't feel like that about the twins,"

"You're just having a wave of different emotions all at once," Dr Reece confirmed. "Is it affecting other things?"

"My intimacy." Naala muttered. "I find it difficult to be intimate with my husband, not because I don't want to but because I don't feel right," She explained trying not to look at Dave.

"Did you know she felt that way?" Dr Reece asked Dave,

"I know that she's not comfortable with me touching her right now, but I don't know why," Dave replied looking at the side of Naala's face.

"It's because I feel horrible about myself. Over the years I don't look like how I did when we first met. I don't look like the girls he would want," Naala spoke looking at him.

"Ion want them girls," Dave spoke rubbing her hand.

"I want you guys to practice being intimate without sex. That's the problem here. You can't have sex because she's just given birth and that's what is affecting your relationship," Dr Reece spoke intelligently.

"We can be intimate without sex," Dave defended quickly.

"Okay how?" Dr Reece responded. "How do you show your wife you appreciate and love her, without sex?"

"Gifts," Naala mumbled. "He buys me anything I want, that's all he knows,"

"Don't say it like that," Dave said to her with a sad face.

"Amir that's what you do. I'm sad, you buy me a new car. I'm not complaining but that's what you do," Naala replied touching his arm.

"Intimacy is not gifts. It's time spent together, it's time doing things both of you enjoy, not sex. Tell me one thing you enjoy doing together," Dr Reece said pulling out her notebook.

"Sex," They responded at the same time.

"That needs to change," Dr Reece exclaimed. "I'm not your therapist but by the next check up, I want you to come with an activity you both enjoy together, other than sex,"

Both Naala and Dave didn't know what to say, that was going to be a lot of work for them. 

~~

"Who are you texting?" Maniya asked Damon as she got into bed beside him. They were at her parents house, they didn't know she snuck Damon in.

"Nobody," Damon said locking his phone and putting it on the side. "Why we here and not at your apartment?" He asked when she straddled him.

"I'm helping with the babies tomorrow so it's easier if I'm here," Maniya replied.

"We can't have sex in your mamas house," Damon tutted when Maniya fiddled with the drawstrings of his joggers.

"Why? They won't hear nothing," Maniya whined laying down on top of him.

"It's like you want me to die," Damon laughed kissing her neck. "You gotta be quiet though," He warned pulling the comforter over them.

"Just hurry up," Maniya giggled letting him take her panties off. Damon focused on her for a while, kissing all over her body.

Maniya moaned softly as he made his way down to her centre, being delicate as usual.

"Niya," Dave knocked on her door making Maniya jump up and Damon to roll off her.

"Get in the closet," Maniya whispered putting her panties back on.

"Fuck no," Damon exclaimed looking at her like she was crazy.

"Do you want my dad to come in here and see you naked on my bed?" Maniya asked pushing him out of the bed. "Stay in here and shut up," She said closing the closet door.

"Niya? I know you're awake cuz I can hear you," Dave said tugging on the door handle.

"I was sleep daddy what's the matter?" Maniya lied opening the door slightly.

"I need your help with something," Dave told her. "Come down to my office please?"

"Now dad? Right now?" Maniya sighed softly,

"Yes hurry up," Dave mugged her and walked off leaving her in the room. Maniya frowned and put her slippers on, leaving the room behind him.

"How can I help you old man?" Maniya questioned when the got into his office.

"What's the type of shit girls like?" Dave got straight to the point. "Nothing I can buy,"

"Attention, I like attention," Maniya suggested, "Is this for mom?" She smiled at him.

"Yeah she's not feeling great right now and I wanna make her feel better," Dave replied. "When you say attention, attention from me?"

"Like being pampered, maybe book y'all in for a pamper session, mama likes things like that," Maniya told him, taking a seat.

"You right," Dave nodded, "I wanna buy her something but apparently that's not intimate,"

"But that's mama's love language. She likes being spoiled," Maniya spoke,

"That's what I thought but no, she wants intimacy," Dave mocked Naala's voice.

"Come off my mama," Maniya chuckled. "Can I go now?" She asked standing up.

"Yeah and tell that boy he can come up out my house now," Dave sniffed opening his draw and bringing out his weed.

"Daddy that's not fair," Maniya crossed her arms. "We never get to spend any time together," She expressed.

"Ion give a fuck, you know how I feel about people in my house. Especially after what happened," Dave said grinding his weed up.

"Please daddy?" Maniya pouted. "He'll leave in the morning, you won't even realise he's here,"

"Then you sleep in the guest room," Dave shrugged. "You want him to stay that bad then you sleep somewhere else,"

"Oh my God," Maniya complained. "I'm not 16 anymore,"

"You want me to go get your mom?" Dave raised a brow. "Cause I know she would love to know about your cheating ass boyfriend laid up in her house,"

"I hate you," Maniya huffed turning away towards the door.

"I love you too," Dave laughed lighting his blunt. Maniya rolled her eyes and left his office, making sure to slam the door.

She marched back to her room and saw Damon laid on the bed with his hands in his pants and the other holding his phone.

The sound of moans came from his phone, causing her to stop by the door.

"Are you watching porn?" Maniya scrunched her face up.

"Trey just sent me a sex tape, apparently it's a celebrity but I can't tell who it is yet," Damon answered moving over for her.

"Ooo I love stuff like that," Maniya replied getting into the bed beside him.

"He is really drilling her shit," Damon commented letting Maniya lay on his chest.

Maniya squinted at the screen, the background looked very familiar.

"Wait a second," She spoke blinking a few times. The woman lifted her head up and Maniya grabbed Damon's phone.

"Who sent you this?" Maniya asked pausing it.

"It's all over the internet, why do you care so much?" Damon said looking at her weirdly.

"Oh no," Maniya mumbled looking through the comments. "This is my mom Damon," She said before biting her lip.

A loud screech sounded through the house and Maniya knew who it was immediately.

Downstairs, Dave heard the scream and hopped up out of his seat, putting his blunt out.

He rushed up the stairs to their room where Naala was pacing the floor with her phone in her hand.

"What? What is it?" Dave asked looking around the room.

"My life is over," Naala's lip quivered as she spoke, she held her phone out to him. "My life is actually over," Naala repeated putting her head in her hands.

"What do you mean?" Dave answered taking the phone from her. He pressed play on the video and he didn't even need to see anything, he heard her moans.

"Shit," Dave cursed, "Who was it?" He sighed sitting at the edge of the bed.

"It looks like Gray," Naala replied sadly. "I don't even remember making this,"

"You was high?" Dave questioned sitting her on his lap. A lot of the time that Naala spent with Gray, she was high off Xanax's.

"Probably, I don't know Amir," Naala sighed putting her head into his neck.

"This ain't good La," Dave said seriously. "And you sure it's not me?"

"We only have one tape and it's on your phone," Naala said quietly. "Everyone knows it's me, they're tagging me in it" She whispered tearfully.

"Baby don't cry," Dave said kissing her cheek, "I'll sort it out, just stay off the Internet,"

Dave pressed play because he was curious as to what was gonna happen on the tape.

"Stop watching it," Naala mumbled against his skin.

"You look young as hell, this has to be before Malia," Dave commented. "You let him eat your ass?" He gasped in shook.

"Turn it off," Naala whined taking the phone from him. "I can't go on tv tomorrow, not with this out," She shook her head.

"You're gonna have to now, if you don't turn up, it looks worse." Dave responded.

"I need you there with me," Naala decided, "I don't care about that stupid plan anymore,"

"I was always gonna come," He said holding her hand. Naala nodded and clung to him.

"You was going in huh?" Dave chuckled pressing play on the video again, "He didn't even make you squirt, tragic," He shook his head.

"Stop it you creep," Naala giggled lifting her head up.

"Give me a kiss, I'ma sort it out," Dave spoke holding her face. Naala pouted and kissed him lightly,

"I'm never making a tape again," She frowned wrapping her arms around his neck.

"What about my birthday?" Dave smirked. His birthday fell exactly 6 weeks after Naala gave birth so he was looking forward to them having sex again.

"You tried it," Naala shook her head. Dave leaned in and kissed her passionately,

"You know I love you?" He said rubbing her ass,

"I love you too," Naala smiled small, pecking his lips. Naala was glad to be in his arms but she wanted to know who leaked it.

~~

"A sex tape?!" Eli shouted loudly, the entire office shaking from the bass in his voice.

"Baby what were you thinking?" Miani coincided looking over at a sad Naala.

"I don't remember," Naala sniffed, she hated being shouted at by her grandad, by any man.

"O ti ra itiju si idile yii," Eli shook his head angrily. [You've bought shame to this family]

"I didn't do it on purpose. I was 23 in that video," Naala defended with tears running down her face.

"Is it David?" Miani questioned,

"No it's not him," Naala said shamefully. "It isn't my husband," Naala wished it was him because that would make things better.

"Oluwa," Stella mumbled God in Yoruba. "Esinaala I'm disappointed," She said calling Naala by an endearment in Yoruba.

"I'm sorry," Naala cried. "I don't know how it was leaked, I don't even have the video."

"Sorry won't do anything now," Eli scoffed. "You have to drop out of the race and move out of New York that is the only option."

"I'm not leaving my home," Naala spoke quickly.

"You will join your mother in London, the jet leaves tonight," Eli said ignoring her. "You better not go to that appearance today either,"

"Mommy tell him I can't do that," Naala said to her mom.

"You don't have a choice angel, this is bad," Miani said sympathetically.

"You want me to leave my family?" Naala asked her sadly.

"No, they will join you," Stella spoke for Miani. "They will all join you. This country has given you nothing but pain, maybe a change will be better,"

"A fresh start," Miani agreed with them.

"I'm very disappointed and I'm ashamed to call you my granddaughter," Eli said firmly before leaving the office.

"I didn't do it on purpose," Naala repeated crying on her mom's shoulder. Hearing him say he was disappointed in her, hit close to home for her.

"It doesn't look good sweetie, you know I'm your biggest supporter but you can't go on tv today," Miani expressed.

"I have to," Naala said lifting her head up, "I don't have a choice,"

A knock on the door, drew their attention away from each other,

"We gotta go baby," Dave said by the door. He was fully dressed holding the baby birkin.

"Naala I do not think it is a good idea to go today," Miani said standing up.

"Mama I'm a big girl, y'all can't stop me from doing this. Tomorrow is the final ballot and then I'm done," Naala convinced her mom.

"And then you get on that plane," Miani said sternly.

"Plane?" Dave spoke holding her waist lightly,

"I have suggested to your wife that she comes to stay with me in London, till everything blows over," Miani told Dave. "All of you, even the kids,"

"I can get behind that," Dave nodded surprising Naala, "We need a new start, don't you think baby?"

"I can't leave Samar in Atlanta," Naala shook her head. "I'll go for a week or two to let everything blow over but I'm not leaving my son," She explained.

Naala wasn't really on board this plan but her mom wouldn't let up about it. If being in a different country would help Naala get better then she would do it but she didn't want to run away.

~~

"Welcoming back on our stage, we have our last two remaining candidates, Naala Love-Brewster and Eva Carmichael," The presenter cheered, the camera panning to both the women.

"Well it's a big congratulations to both of you, the last time we saw you, you were both pregnant," The presenter smiled.

"I know, how time flies," Eva chuckled looking over at Naala.

"Naala, it's double congratulations to you," The presenter said reading her cue cards.

"Yes, I had twins," Naala smiled pushing her hair out of her face.

"Are they a handful?" The presenter, Nicole asked.

"Not really, they are really calm. It helps having a good support system though," Naala replied truthfully.

"I couldn't imagine having twins and running for governor, how will you concentrate?" Eva faked concern.

"Again, my support system is amazing," Naala responded curtly.

"That would be your husband correct?" Nicole asked Naala.

"My husband, my mom, I have a lot of help," Naala nodded,

"Well, rumours have been floating around that you and your husband have separated," Nicole dropped to be messy.

"Whatever goes on in my marriage doesn't affect how my kids are looked after," Naala said keeping it short.

"That's sad, I always thought you two were cute," Eva smiled.

"You met us twice," Naala responded, "There is a lot you don't know about us,"

"Clearly," Eva mumbled, with a hint of humour.

"Now it's best we get this out of the way before we get into anything else," Nicole started, Naala immediately knew what she was going to ask about.

"A home video, some might call it, was leaked onto every social platform last night. How do you feel about that?" She asked Naala.

"It was a massive invasion of privacy. That video was a private moment I shared with someone and I can't imagine how it got out into the public," Naala said exactly what her publicist wrote for her.

"So you're admitting it's you?" Eva questioned.

"Nicole I thought you ask the questions," Naala laughed twiddling with her wedding ring.

"You're right I do but following on from Eva's question, are you telling us that was you in the video?" Nicole raised a brow.

"There's no hiding that it was me, it's very clear," Naala cleared her throat.

"And the man? I assume it's your husband," Nicole replied.

"Yes, that is my husband. We have been together since I was 22 years old," Naala lied. Her publicist thought it would sound better if it was Dave in the video.

"But you have a 14 year old daughter together?" Nicole scrunched up her face.

"Yes, I had her young," Naala responded looking towards where her publicist stood, this was not the line of questioning they were meant to follow.

"I admire that," Eva started. "Most women would move on, but you've stood by him since you were 17, if my math is correct," She spoke.

"Mmm, I have," Naala smiled softly. "And you and your husband, haven't you got 6 children together,"

"Actually that's not what we heard," Nicole piped up. "A close source told us he only fathers 1 of your children,"

"Oop," Naala stifled a giggle, she was glad that Eva was now on the hot seat.

"That's true," Eva nodded. Her light face had flushed bright red.

"So why the lie? Why act as if he was their father?" Nicole pushed.

Naala turned her nose up, this was one messy ass interview.

"Anyway, we're here to talk politics not life and family," Nicole smiled switching over her cue cards.

"First we're going to take some questions from the audience," Nicole announced picking the first person.

"This is a question for Mrs Brewster," A white woman stood up in the audience. Naala took the mic from one of the set crew and turned to the audience.

"What is your stance on gun laws? I recently read that you are against the use of guns," The woman said with conviction.

"As a black woman in America, I hate guns. I believe that they have ruined this country and have turned into a way to make the white man more powerful," Naala answered into the mic.

"But you were recently involved in a home invasion in which a gun was used," Nicole said to her.

"I was, and without that gun, I would have probably been dead," Naala stretched the truth. "But that doesn't change where I stand, the use of guns should be restricted," She finished.

"Thank you," The white woman replied with a smile before taking her seat.

"A question for Mrs Carmichael," A black older lady stood, "How can you help our community when you live in the suburbs?"

"Where I live doesn't change the affect I will have on the city," Eva answered quickly. "After all, Naala here also lives in the suburbs,"

"But Naala is black, she understands where we stand," The black woman defended.

"Naala any thoughts?" Nicole asked.

"I have to agree with Ms—" Naala trailed off waiting for the woman to fill the gap.

"Terrance," The black woman responded.

"I have to agree with Ms Terrance. Eva can only imagine how it is to live as a black person in America, she will never feel it," Naala said softly.

"But my husband is black and so are my children," Eva defended,

"That doesn't change much chile," Ms Terrance replied making Naala smile.

The questions went on for ages until the last question was called out.

"I heard that your family is one of the biggest cartels in New York, and that you are the leader of it, alongside your sister. How can you be governor when you kill and steal for a living?" A man at the back announced.

"Excuse me?" Naala asked in shook. "I don't know what you're talking about but my family is not apart of any illegal activities," She lied.

"So your mothers maiden name is not Simmons? A name you should have had but was lucky enough to dodge," The man continued. Naala squinted to see who it was but he was too far back for her to see.

"My mother's name is Simmons," Naala nodded.

"It should be Salami, so fun mi pe mo se?" He questioned ending in Yoruba. When Naala heard that name her heart ran cold and she drew the microphone from her lips. [Tell me I'm wrong]

"Who are you sir? Can we get a name?" Nicole asked standing from her seat. The man was no longer stood in the crowd, all that was left was an empty seat.

Naala looked backstage and saw Dave and Mason ready to get her off the stage. She gave Mason a nod and he came rushing over.

"We have an emergency and we need to get her out of here," He informed Nicole, helping Naala out of her seat.

Both Eva and Nicole watched as they escorted Naala off set.

"I knew there was something about her," Eva laughed shaking her head. The obsessive security, the never ending flow of funds, she wasn't the regular girl she played herself to be.

Everything was crumbling around Naala and Dave was taking steps to protect his family, he wasn't taking no for an answer anymore.

"We're getting on that plane tonight," Dave said to Naala once they got situated in the car.

"Okay," Naala nodded. The fact that the man knew who they were, who they truly were was dangerous. For once in this whole thing, Naala didn't argue, she listened to her husband.

~~

a/n - I am Nigerian and I hate when they bathe the babies like that!! My mama knows not to play with me like that though, we keep those to the minimum 😭

P.s Love Mia 🤍

็ปง็ปญ้˜…่ฏป

You'll Also Like

We Good ็”ฑ ABORTEDANGEL

้’ๅฐ‘ๅนดๅฐ่ฏด

970K 30.5K 53
Don't let the title fool you, they're not good. This book is about one of the most toxic relationships ever. Read more to find out. #1 in toxicrelat...
151K 5.4K 30
๐™ธ ๐š๐š˜๐š—'๐š ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŠ ๐š๐š‘๐š›๐š˜๐š  ๐š’๐š ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐šŠ๐š ๐šŠ๐šข ๐™ฑ๐šž๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐š‘๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐š™๐š›๐š˜๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ -๐’๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐–๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ž๐ซ *my fir...
9.8K 308 23
Will Jai ever find the definition of a ride or die ?Tune in ..(Finishing Soon)
136K 2.8K 49
FOURTH PART OF WHAT IS LOVE? READ WHAT IS LOVE, PERFECT STORM AND FREE BEFORE THIS BOOK ๐Ÿšจ