A Heart For A Heart

Autorstwa pfall30

Follow Alexandra on her journey in Camelot along with her brother, the great wizard, Merlin. Everyone has a d... Więcej

Before You Read
Characters
Character Aesthetic
Dragon Call Part 1
The Valiant Part 1
The Valiant Part 2
The Mark of Nimueh Part 1
The Mark of Nimueh Part 2
The Poisoned Chalice Part 1
The Poisoned Chalice Part 2
Lancelot Part 1
Lancelot Part 2
A Remedy to Cure All Ills Part 1
A Remedy to Cure All Ills Part 2
The Gates of Avalon Part 1
The Gates of Alavon Part 2
The Beginning of the End Part 1
The Begining of an End Part 2
Excalibur Part 1
Excalibur Part 2
The Moment of Truth Part 1
The Moment of Truth Part 2
The Labyrinth of Gedref Part 1
The Labyrinth of Gedref Part 2
To Kill the King Part 1
To Kill the King Part 2
Le Morte D'Arthur Part 1
Le Morte D'Arthur Part 2
(S2) The Curse of Cornelius Sigan Part 1
The Curse of Cornelious Sigan Part 2
The Once and Future Queen Part 1
The Once and Future Queen Part 2
The Nightmare Begins Part 1
The Nightmare Begins Part 2

Dragon Call Part 2

574 12 3
Autorstwa pfall30

Alexandra's point of view:

Today, I needed to sleep in. I decided I need time to wrap my head around the whole conversation I had with a dragon. Skipping breakfast, I left the castle and entered the square. Another great morning until I heard Merlin's voice. My head snapped in the direction of that bratty prince messing with Merlin. With the original plan to get Gaius some herbs being ruined, I jogged toward the pair that only brought trouble. As I walked over towards them I heard Merlin taunt Arthur with something about Daddy's men protecting you. This can't be good. Merlin and I need to be blending in if we want to survive not to insult the prince. Arthur and the knights laughed.

"Merlin, Gaius wanted herbs so let's go do that now," I hinted the best I could.

"I could take you apart with one blow," Arthur taunted. I turned to him with my eyes wide.

"I could take you apart with less than that," Merlin snapped. What did I walk into? I looked at him with a disapproving look.

"Look if you are going to embarrass someone, at least let it make sense Merlin," I commented.

"Ya, why don't you listen to your little girlfriend," Arthur said which he would soon regret.

"First of all, I am not his girlfriend! And secondly, I've told you that you're a prat..." The knights laughed.

"I just didn't realize you were a royal one," as I said that one knight handed Arthur a mace. I know Merlin would seriously get hurt, so I would rather hurt his pride. I put my hand forward as an invitation for a mace.

"Are you serious? You are going to fight rather than your brother," he laughed.

"Well, I figured if you get beat by a woman in a fight, then you'll be more humbled," I said with a little too much confidence. I never fought with a mace. I only practiced with bows, daggers, and swords which were my favorite. Arthur handed the mace to Merlin and I snatched it from him.

"Listen I've told you that you're an arse. And now I am going to prove it to you." I jokingly bowed. I swung my mace around in circles until I was comfortable. Arthur looked a little concerned probably because he was about to fight a woman. And maybe the fact that a woman knew how to fight, especially with a mace. The match began. I taunted him and he swung first. I quickly ducked and retreated backward. He charged and I swung with him barely ducking.

"Come on your highness? You are supposed to be the best in all of Camelot." I started to have fun. I use to fight Will back in the village until Merlin would cheat and use his magic to help Will. I believed it was important to learn to defend myself without magic since Merlin is not the athletic type. I was pulled from my thoughts as Arthur swung and almost hit me. The fight carried on further into the marketplace. I jumped on a table full of produce. I swung low and hit the stall behind Arthur's head. We kept a similar pattern of offense and defense. He would swing with power and I would duck with grace. And then the roles switched even though he was not as graceful as I was. I should have watched behind me, but I tripped over a barrel and fell. Arthur skillfully jumped over the barrel. He attacked but I rolled out of the way with a second to spare.

"You're in trouble now," he chuckled. I saw Merlin attempt to use magic, but he saw me look over. He knew better than to use magic in front of the whole kingdom. I needed to act fast, so I threw my mace at his mace. My mace connected his with the hook behind him. He was astonished and I was relieved. I rose and pinned Arthur on the ground. While I was about to claim my victory, I spotted Gaius who gave me an unforgettable stare. Arthur used my distraction to his advantage. He pinned me on a sack of potatoes and the crowd cheered. The palace guards were on their way over to take me away for attacking the prince. I didn't resist. To my surprise, Arthur ordered the guards to let me go.

"She may be a woman, but she's a brave one." He commented.

He whispered, "I'm impressed by your skill..." I realized he didn't know my name.

"Alexandra," I said.

"See you around Alexandra." The crowd dispersed and Gaius dragged Merlin and me back to the chambers. Gaius went on a rant that I had already run through my head. We all ended the night early because Lady Helen was to arrive at Camelot for the festival.

"Merlin..." "MERLIN..."

Merlin shook me until I woke up.

"Alexandra, there is this dragon underneath the castle and he was calling my name..." He exclaimed.

"I know," I replied.

"And he was going on about... wait, what?"

I responded, "The Great Dragon was going on about our destiny and Arthur is the once and future king."

"There must be another Arthur because this one's an idiot," he commented.

"I know, but maybe it's our job to change that," I padded his back and he left the room. I threw on a plain green dress and followed Merlin and Gaius to the palace staircase to welcome the renowned singer, Lady Helen.

Both Merlin and I were still unemployed, so we went on our ways to deliver remedies to Gaius's patients. Lady Helen and Morgana are the only names I recognized on the list. Merlin agreed to take the side where Lady Helen was. I agreed to take the remedies on Lady Morgana's side. As I was walking in the halls away from Merlin, I saw Gwen. I waved hello, and she stopped to talk. We got along very well which made me feel like I had my first girl best friend. Before she left and continued with her chores, I asked her for directions to Lady Morgana's room. She said that is where she was headed, so we could go together. We talked the whole way there from home life to daily business in Camelot. She brought up the fight with Arthur. I told her it was out of line and that I was surprised he let me go. She said that she was too, but she said that no one has ever fought, especially against the prince. Gwen knocked on the Lady's door and we entered. Morgana was changing behind a screen and Gwen went to assist the Lady. Morgana asked Gwen if she was expected to go with Arthur to the banquet even if he did not invite her. They talk amongst themselves and I was too nervous to speak.

"Lady Morgana, I have brought a sleeping drought proscribed by the court physician." Her body glided from behind the screen to the mirror where she checked her appearance.

"Which dress should I wear? Should I wear this little tease or give them a night they will remember?" She finally looked at me. She was truly beautiful with her raven long hair and her piercing blue eyes. The red dress she wore accentuated every part of her hourglass shape.

"I believe the red one will surely blow them all away even Prince Arthur would not see it coming," I responded.

"You're the girl from the square... are you not?"

"I'm not sure what you mean," I really hope the fight did not spread that quickly.

"Yes, the one who fiercely fought Arthur and almost won in defense of her brother."

"Oh yes that was me," I said ashamed.

"Finally, someone stands up to him. He could not stop talking about you and how you fought." I became flustered and simply just nodded my head. "You truly have impressed many nobles and townfolk with your skill and bravery," she complimented.

"Thank you, my lady."

"Oh no need for formalities, you challenged Arthur now we are friends," she replied, "Call me Morgana."

"I'm Alexandra and the blue-eyed, black hair physician's assistant is my brother, Merlin."

"Well I am very excited we are friends because we always need more powerful women, especially women who keep the prince in line." We all laughed. Morgana invited me to the banquet. I accepted the invitation and even though Gaius would already force me to go. There is only one problem I need to buy some dresses. I did not pack much from home because I did not have much and I prefer to travel light.

"You looked confused, Alexandra, what is the matter?" Morgana pondered.

"I decided to pack light and I am in need of some dress for my stay in Camelot."

"Oh we must go shopping around the markets; it's been so long since I have." We made plans to shop and I was very happy to be friends with the King's ward. Unfortunately, my name was on everyone's tongues for I challenged the prince, my mistake.

It has been a couple of hours since Lady Helen arrived, Gaius and I were creating remedies and organizing herbs. Merlin burst through the room like a wild animal. He was out of breath when he claimed that Lady Helen was Mary Collins seeking revenge. Gaius questioned Merlin's accusation and I requested evidence. He said that a spell book was on the counter and there was a voodoo doll. Merlin also claimed he saw Mary Collin's reflection. Interesting. Gaius and I both knew Merlin was telling the truth and that Lady Helen was an imposter.

"We must go to the King," Merlin claimed.

"No, that would be stupid!" Gaius argued. "He would never believe the words of a low peasant against the beloved Lady Helen." Merlin was angry but knew Gaius was right.

"Well we must do something; she performs in an hour!" I exclaimed. The men nodded along and we all readied ourselves for the banquet. I borrowed a dress from Gwen which was a flowy, blue dress.

I swear Merlin only owns one style of clothing. I sighed and we began to rush towards the great hall and waited a few minutes for the King to enter. The horns began to blow and the King trotted into the room. Everyone in the room bowed and the Lady Helen began to perform. Her voice was soothing and took your mind off of your surroundings. She continued singing and Merlin asked what language she was singing. A lightbulb turned on in my head, and I turned to Merlin and whispered urgently that it was magic. Spiderwebs covered light fixtures and people's heads as they fell to sleep. Lady Helen slowly walked towards Arthur with a dagger in hand. I grabbed Merlin and said we have to do something. My eyes changed to gold as I slowed down time. Then, I cast a spell to have the chandelier drop on her form. Her singing spell undid itself and everyone including Gaius began to wake up. Mary Collin's true form revealed herself and all the nobles were astonished. I let out a breath I did not know I was holding; however, in Mary Collin's last breath, she threw that dagger right at Arthur. I slowed down time and Merlin ran towards Arthur. Both of them fell to the ground. Cheers erupted from all around. The King greeted Merlin and promoted him to Arthur's manservant. The men were unhappy about the King's decision which I found quite funny.

Before we all retired from this long exhausting day, Merlin complained that he saved a life only to be the prat's servant. Gaius said that it was a good thing and that we found a use for our powers. I became the physician's assistant and would work alongside Gaius. Things were looking great with our first two weeks in Camelot. I made friends, found a purpose for my magic, and I even fought the prince. The only thing that would stand in our way is the danger to come to Arthur's life as the dragon warned. I still can't believe there is a golden beast that knows so much yet shares so little.

***Hope you enjoyed it. This is the end of the first episode. Please feel free to vote and comment, especially if you have any suggestions or requests.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.7K 76 15
"In a land of myth and a time of magic, the future of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a powerful man. His name...MERLIN." ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Destiny is...
135K 3.2K 32
Merlin took his sister with him when he went to Camelot. What he didn't realise was how much this would affect his destiny. And how much danger there...
37.6K 1.4K 36
Destiny...Fate...Call it what you will, has everyone set on a certain path. Merlin's destiny is to protect Prince Arthur, to see him become King and...
664K 17.3K 82
We all know Merlin. But what if he had a sister? What if she had an even greater destiny and powers than him? What if she falls in love with the one...