Pirate Story

Da Fallenauthoress

Altro

Chapter 2 The dinner with the captain

Chapter 1 The arrival and new beginning

15 1 1
Da Fallenauthoress

None of them saw a ship floating off shore, watching them.

Rosemary Jones sat at her kitchen window staring out at the sea. She was holding a pendant, turning it over and over in her fingers. She was waiting for someone. Then she spotted something out of the corner of her eye, it was a ship. She snatched the telescope off the table and put it to her eye. It was a pirate ship. Her heart skipped a beat, he had arrived. Out in the distance she could see that they had dropped a long boat over the side and now a figure was getting into the boat. In a few minutes the figure was standing right there, on the sandy beach scanning the beach. He was most definitely a pirate, he had scruffy clothes, a long heavy coat, dirty brown boots and an old pendant hanging around his neck. His hair was black tied back in a little pony tail and he was unshaven. He had blue piercing eyes and a strong muscular figure. His name was Eric Davis.

Rosemary rushed down the dirt path to the beach, Eric noticed her immediately and ran to her. They embraced each other and held each other for a long time. Finally Rosemary said "I thought you would never return".

"After all these years I've always thought of you and I have never forgotten you" Eric said longingly. He looked away as he said this.

"Is something bothering you?" asked Rosemary.

"I'm sorry Rosemary but I must go, I only came to say good bye. The British royal navy is looking for me and my crew. I must leave" Eric said in a sorrowful voice. Rosemary turned white in the face and then burst into tears. He had come to say good bye. Eric pulled her close and hugged her.

Finally Rosemary said "I'm coming with you".

"Rosemary you can't, being on board a pirate ship is not for a girl. I mean the conditions, your family" Eric tried to explain, but Rosemary wouldn't listen.

"Eric I haven't seen you for three years, now you're here I can't let you go and my life is a mess. Sir Andrew wants me to marry before my birthday comes to pass. Sir Andrew has plans to marry Mistress Victoria, who is a very horrid woman. I can't let you go, I love you". Her eyes were red from crying but determination was shining in her eyes. Eric all of a sudden felt guilty but Rosemary was a woman. She couldn't come as it was too dangerous.

"Rose if I lost you I'd never forgive myself and I love you as much as life itself. But....."

"Eric I've sailed with you once upon a time, you saved my life many times and so help me, I will sail with you again!" Rosemary said with determination.

Eric looked at her, she was not like any other women he had ever met. She was a lot stronger than any normal women and it was true she had sailed with him once before. After a long while he nodded his head and gestured to get into the long boat. Rosemary smiled, then ran back up to the house and quickly wrote a note to her guardian.

********

Dear Sir Andrew

You and Eunice have always looked after me, protected me and always done the best thing for me.

But I cannot marry Lord Charles as he is a very unfair man. I know he has lots of money and has a big house but he has an unkind heart and I don't love him.

So I have run away, I don't know where I will go but hopefully I will find a place in this world to settle down and live a life of my own. Best of wishes for you and Victoria. I know you will be happy together.

Yours sincerely

Rosemary

xxxxxxxxxx

Rosemary laid the note on her desk and then quickly packed a few things like;

Spare clothes, a compass, blankets, a couple of photographs, personal things and her diary.

Then Rosemary ran down the beach and got into the long boat. They rowed back to the ship in silence.

When the two of them reached the ship, Eric showed Rosemary to her quarters while the rest of the crew stood in silence waiting for orders. None of them saw a ship floating off shore, watching them!

Rosemary unpacked her things and then lay back on her bed. The room was pretty good for its size and a lot better than sleeping where the rest of the crew slept. Not with all the snoring and farting in the night.

In her room there was; a side table, wardrobe, mirror with a set of drawers, small desk, small book shelves and a few lanterns and candles.

Just then there was a knock at the door, it was Jez he'd helped her carry her belongings up to the cabin.

"Sorry to disturbed you miss but the captain would like you to come to his quarters, you will be dining there tonight".

"Thank you, Jez for telling me. You can tell the captain that I will be down there in a minute". Jez nodded then left. Rosemary then flopped back on her bed. Then as she stared up at the ceiling, she couldn't help but wonder if Eric had changed over the years whether he still loved her like he had all those years ago when they'd first met.

She could remember it like it was yesterday. She'd run away from home that day too. Three years ago Rosemary discovered that Sir Andrew her father was not her real father, that she'd been an orphan. When she could barely even walk she'd been dumped on the Governors doorstep, the maid had found her that night and took her in. When Sir Andrew discovered what the maid had done he was furious, but as soon as he looked into the eyes of this small child his reasons vanished. He could only think of how his late wife would have loved a baby daughter, so he ordered the maid to take care of her. Eunice had been the mother Rosemary never knew and Sir Andrew grew to love her as his own, adopting her as his daughter, and Rosemary came to call him father.

However that fateful night when her world changed, Rosemary came home late from sneaking out to the bar with her friends, as she was sneaking back up to her bedroom she overheard her father and another man having a heated conversation. What she caught of the conversation was as followed. "I've come to collect my daughter" the man said "You can't take her she isn't yours anymore and the life you lead would only put her in danger Peter, she can live a safer and happier life here." Her father said. "Rosemary is not your daughter no matter how much you try to pretend she is, you can't replace Miranda Andrew." The man snarled. "And whose fault was it hmm that she was murdered Peter, she died protecting your secrets." Her father bellowed.

The man fell into silence at that. It was a deafening silence that Rosemary dare not breathe. After a long silence the man finally pleaded "Could I at least see her one last time, I leave tonight on a ship to Portsmouth Bay then I won't be returning."

Sir Andrew replied with a sigh "She's not here at the moment she out with some friends, you know girls of her age, besides don't you think it's for the best Peter?"

"Yes I guess it is." With one last glance the stranger walked out the door into the pattering rain and door closed behind him.

Heart pounding in her chest Rosemary nearly didn't catch her father say softly "You can come out now Rosemary."

Stunned and unable to reply Rosemary stood and faced him. Before she could get her tongue to work Sir Andrew replied. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way, I was going to tell you when you were ready."

That got her mouth working. "Sir I'm nineteen I'm old enough to know the truth about my parents and my past and you kept it from me, I trusted you and loved you like a father but all this time."

Before Andrew could say anything Eunice came in and told Rosemary in a stern voice "Sir Andrew was only doing this protect you, your father did this protect you from the harsh life he leads."

"But I had the right to know, and you knew all along as well." Rosemary sobbed, "I can't believe this my whole life is a lie and the only person who can give me some answers has just walked out that door."

"I need to speak with him." Rosemary said as she turned and bolted for the door.

"Rosemary please don't do anything rash it's dark and dangerous outside..." Eunice yelled.

Rosemary not heading her warning ran into the night with no idea where to go to find answers or this stranger who was her real father.

Rosemary felt so lost in a world that had once felt so clear and straight forward, too many emotions were running through her head she couldn't sort through them all. As tears streamed down her face the sense of betrayal and hurt  her hard, so she came to a stop resting against a brick wall at the back of an alley. Wind rushing out of her lungs, Rosemary tried to decide what to do. She had to find her father somehow, she had too many questions and she couldn't let him slip from her life. So dusting herself off, she began heading in the direction of the harbor. So absorbed in her thoughts Rosemary didn't notice a band of men following close behind her. She caught the scent of rum and cigar, before one cornered her and grabbed her by the shoulders.

He was tall and greasy looking with long unkempt orange hair, in the darkness Rosemary could barely make out his face. "Hey lookie here fella's I think the Captain would like this one she's pretty." He sneered as he caressed his dirty finger down her cheek. Slapping his hand away Rosemary shouted "Unhand me drunk."

"Feisty one isn't she, I think the captain will like her very much" a second man said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you lot....." Rosemary said struggling.

Before she could scream the third man hit her across the head with the blunt end of his sword handle, knocking her unconscious.

When she came to Rosemary found herself locked in a cabin with no windows and a bunk for a bed. Trying the door to discover it was locked, the already tiny room felt claustrophobic and Rosemary struggled to breathe. Rosemary began to feel dizzy and her head began to throb, clambering up onto the bed she collapsed on top of the sheets. She couldn't even tell what time of day it was, how long she'd been locked in this room. What had she done, she should have never left that house, now Father, Sir Andrew wouldn't know where she was and their last conversation what if those were the last words she'd ever get to say to him. Rosemary choked back a sob as fear and helplessness consumed her, she dare not think what these men wanted with her. All she knew is she couldn't let her guard down and if an opportunity presented itself she'd take it.

Rosemary remained locked in the cabin for a whole two weeks, although it seemed much longer. She was served food twice a day, but Rosemary was unable to keep much down as she suffered from sea sickness as she'd never stepped foot off land all her life. She grew weaker every day, and with the lack of sleep due to nightmares where she'd wake in cold sweat her sheets in disarray. Her nice clothes now filthy had begun to hang off her deteriorating frame. Time was irrelevant as days passed Rosemary began to drift becoming less aware of her surroundings.

Then one night men came to get her, Rosemary only remembered as the sea was particularly rough that night so she'd been suffering worse from sea sickness. When they came to retrieve her she could barely muster any energy to fight their hold. They brought her up on deck and Rosemary experienced her first smell of fresh air in weeks, as air rushed through her nose Rosemary began to feel more grounded, the fog that had kept her distant started to clear. Though it was too brief she was lead into another room, where she was shut in to await the Captains return.

Her senses returning Rosemary quickly scrambled at anything she could get her hands on to defend herself or escape. The room was bare, with little furniture and decorations, just a large desk and a few paintings on the walls. Rummaging through the draws Rosemary found nothing, as her fear increased she became desperate looking for anything that could help her. But it was hopeless. It was then Rosemary noticed the window staring out to sea, it was the first she'd seen of the sea since arriving on board this ship. As far as the eye could see was deep black ocean, which seemed to roar menacingly as is rammed up against the sides of the ship. Rosemary couldn't see any land, which meant she was stuck on this ship until the ship made port again. Rosemary wanted to scream in frustration, how could she escape?

Then suddenly the floor seemed to rush out from under her feet as the ship seemed to tilt sideways, and rain began to pelt against the glass. It was the beginning of a storm, the ship swayed and rocked at the mercy of the savage waves. The ship creaked and groaned in protest as she was buffeted with the elements, then when things couldn't seem to get any worse there was a loud BANG as if something had hurtled towards the ship. She heard far away shouts from the crew as they rushed to their guns to return fire. Rosemary covered her ears as cannon fire sounded as the two ships battled each other. Looking outside she could see a silhouette of a ship that seemed to circle this ship like common prey. Rosemary shivered at this menacing shadow, this ship was all that was between her and the unforgiving deeps of the ocean. Then the floor shifted as the ship was further pelted with more cannon fire, Rosemary heard the deafening sound of cannon balls hitting their mark blowing more holes in the ship. The yells of the men on deck became more frantic, Rosemary needed to get out of here, she wasn't willing to die. So mustering all her strength she slammed her weight against the door, but the door barely budged. So she banged on the door yelling and screaming for help, afraid she couldn't be heard over the ongoing battle. Then she felt the door handle rattle, hope rising she quickly darted out of site. Men came barging in who were looking for things to salvage before abandoning ship, they soon left realizing there was nothing of worth to steal, leaving the door ajar.

Rosemary took this opportunity to sprint down the hall way, following the noise of the crew members to find her way out onto the deck. Emerging on deck the cold swept right through her and her clothes were instantly soaked. Trying to brace herself against the fierce cold, Rosemary navigated her way across the deck barely keeping her footing. No one took any notice of her as they were too concerned with the impeding enemy who seemed like they were getting ready to board. Rosemary looked frantically around for a life boat, too busy frantically looking for means of escape Rosemary didn't notice as some barrels bowled towards her as the ship tilted in the waves. They knocked into her throwing her off balance and down into the crashing waves. Sucking in air Rosemary thrashed in the water desperately trying to keep afloat, she grabbed onto one of the barrels that had fallen in with her and hung onto it with dear life. She could feel the cold sinking into her bones, she'd never felt such cold. She could feel life ebbing from her as the cold ravaged her body, wave washed over her and tossed her around and Rosemary choked on sea water. It seemed like hours but the waves soon calmed and the two ships were washed from her view, Rosemary looked to the sky and saw the emerging rays of the sun. Rosemary thought what a beautiful sight to see before I die. As she began to drift in and out of consciousness, Rosemary barely felt her barrel being hoisted out of the water. It was only once the barrel and herself were on deck that she felt the familiar feeling of ground beneath her, that she strained to open her eyes. She was surrounded by a band of men, the sun blaring in her eyes she could not make out any of their faces. Then a man stepped in front of her blocking the glare of the sun. He was most definitely a pirate, he had scruffy clothes, a long heavy coat, dirty brown boots and an old pendant hanging around his neck. His hair was black tied back in a little pony tail and he was unshaven. He had blue piercing eyes and a strong muscular figure. His stern face turned soft as he surveyed her. He then whispered to her "You're safe now."

That was then Rosemary lost consciousness.

Back in the present Rosemary was startled out of her memories by a knock at the door. Gathering her composure Rosemary answered the door, standing in the door way was Eric. No sooner had Rosemary opened the door Eric gathered her into his arms and brought his lips to hers. Pulling away for a moment he said "I'm sorry I just couldn't wait any longer, I've missed you all these years, and I needed to see you."

"I'm glad you did." Rosemary said breathlessly before returning the kiss and running her fingers through Eric's hair. The feelings of longing and passion came rushing in all at once as Rosemary clutched Eric tighter. Eric deepened the kiss thrusting his tongue inside her mouth savoring the taste.

Rosemary moaned in ecstasy, oh how she'd longed for this kiss for all those years. Rosemary returned the kiss with equal passion, wrapping her arms around his neck. Eric carried her back over to her bed, where he lay her down gently on her back, it wasn't long before his body was pressed against hers and he reclaimed her lips in his. Rosemary could feel Eric's toned, muscular chest through his shirt. Wanting to gaze upon his bare skin Rosemary began to tug on his shirt, Eric obliged shoving the white shirt over his head and off the side of the bed. Rosemary admired Eric's chiseled chest that had rope upon rope of toned muscle from hard labour, his skin deeply tanned by the many days out in the hot sun aboard the ship. Running her hands down his chest she stared into Eric's mesmerizing blue eyes and recognised the desperate need and hunger that reflected she knew reflected in her eyes, she wanted to feel skin to skin.

Giving a quick nod Eric began to remove her dress, first tugging the sleeves down to show the dainty white under dress, Eric shakily undid the back of the dress before Rosemary slipped out of the fabric, the flimsy under dress was next carelessly being thrown on the floor. Rosemary lying in nothing but white panties and matching white corset stared lovingly at Eric, who was in the process of lavishing her body with his gaze. Eric had never seen a sight more captivating he could feel his last shred of control begin to shatter, he needed to see those items removed so he could worship her body, before he took her.

Just as Eric and Rosemary leaned towards each other there was a hesitant knock at the door.

"Yes what is it" Eric replied barely containing his frustration.

"Oh my apologies Captain, I was only checking on Rosemary to see if she was hungry." the cabin boy replied.

"Are you hungry Rose" Eric asked politely.

"No, I'm not hungry as yet..." Rosemary began before her stomach made a loud gurgling noise.

Blushing Rosemary blurted "It can wait"

"I can't have my sweet heart starving, there will be more time for this later." Eric promised seeing the disappointment in Rosemary's face.

"I've waited 3 years Rose, I can wait a few more hours" Eric whispered.

"Now get dressed I'll see you in my cabin in fifteen minutes." Eric said as he retrieved his shirt and strode quickly out the door before he could change his mind.

Rosemary giggled.

She then proceeded to retrieve the dress from the floor only for her gaze to fall on a box that was laid in the corner. It was plain white box with red ribbon tied in a bow, with a note attached.

Something beautiful for you to wear, I hope you love it

Love From Eric

Gently opening the lid Rosemary gazed at this beautiful blue dress, it was absolutely gorgeous. She eagerly rushed to try it on and prepare for dinner.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...