Our Love

Από ricebunny321

Just a brief short story, if y'all wanna read it go right ahead but if not go on and keep scrolling. If u do... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 2

2 0 0
Από ricebunny321

"Mr Gustav, it's a pleasure to meet you", Alicia said, shaking his hands.

Nikolas Gustav, tall and hulking with light brown hair and deep blue eyes stared at the young scientist as she shook his hands. She was tall, taller than he expected but that made her all the more beautiful.

Alicia on the other hand took in Nikolas appearance. He was dressed in grey slacks over a white shirt. He adorned a deep brown loafer that made him look more important that he already was. Alicia hated to admit it but Nikolas was a devastatingly handsome man.

His full lashes framed his deep blue eyes, giving him a secretive but powerful look. His full lips and his sculptured jaw made him look like an ancient Greek god.

Alicia stared at his stormy blue eyes, wishing that this man wasn't her enemy maybe then she could consider dating him.

"I do not like being kept waiting Miss Rodriguez", Nikolas said, withdrawing his hands.

At that moment, Alicia felt foolish. She was a brilliant scientist for God's sake and not a love struck teenager who gets lost by the mere sight of a man, a very handsome man.

"I'm sorry, please sit", Alicia said.

Nikolas sat gracefully, giving Alicia a heated stare. He didn't mean to appear rude but he was quite disturbed by the young woman's beauty. He had a tingling feeling in his hands when he shook her but he quickly reigned it down. He wasn't here for a relationship, he was here on business.

"So, I was informed by my assistant that you requested for new pressure tubes. Mr Nikolas, I need to remind you that under the country's law, pressure tubes are really not allowed to be produced", Alicia said, calmly.

Nikolas remained silent for a while, staring at Alicia. He knew that those implements weren't allowed in the country but he needed them badly and he was ready to pay any amount just to secure them.

"Miss Rodriguez, I know that. You see, those pressure tubes are really needed for an assignment I need to carry out. I'm ready to pay any amount, name your price", Nikolas said.

"With all due respect sir, do you think everything is about money? There are some things that are far greater than money. My answer is no sir, I will not create those tubes", Alicia said, rising to her feet.

As far as she was concerned, this meeting was over. She was a scientist not a killer. Creating those tubes would be dangerous and Lord knows what would happen if it gets into the wrong hands.

"I see, thank you for your time Miss Rodriguez, you'll hear from me very soon", Nikolas smiled.

He left silently as Alicia heaved a huge sigh of relief. She expected Nikolas to put up a fight concerning her refusal to create the tubes. She checked her watch and discovered that she still had time to go on her date with Rafael.

Alicia picked up her phone, dialling his number to inform him that she would be arriving a bit late. She made her way to her office, shutting the windows and enabling the security alarm system before leaving. She took the elevators as she waved goodbye to her staffs.

An hour later, she was sat in a resplendent restaurant with Rafael who charmed her with his jokes.

Rafael was Alicia's childhood friend and school mate. Their families were best of friends and everyone assumed that they would get married naturally but Alicia was the one holding back.

Rafael loved her, he had confessed this to her times without number but Alicia still had this drawback, she was waiting for something but she couldn't quite place her finger on what that was.

As Rafael filled her in on his travels, Alicia's thoughts wandered to Nikolas and his request for pressure tubes. She maintained her stand, she was never going to create it, it was too dangerous.

Alicia couldn't explain it, she had this invisible pull towards Nikolas. She knew he was dangerous but she couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Alicia, did you even hear what I said", Rafael chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away. What did you say?", she smiled.

"It's not really important, I think you should rest. Licia, you look stressed", Rafael said, giving her hands a gentle squeeze.

"And ruin this dinner? Never,don't worry. I'll be fine", she smiled.

"Okay. So, what's been going on with you? Any new inventions, creations?".

"Yes, there's one. Leonard and I are putting the final touches to it, it should be ready before the week runs out or the following week at the most", Alicia said, sipping her wine.

"That's great, mind giving me a clue?"

"It's a surprise Rafael, wait for it", Alicia laughed.

Few hours later, Alicia and Rafael left the restaurant. Rafael walked her to her car before going over to his. Few minutes later, Alicia pulled out of the restaurant's driveway. Unknown to her, a lone black car trailed her.

**************

Alicia hummed to the tune of the music playing from her car's radio. Just then, the black car overtook her, coming to a stop in front of her as men in black poured out. Alicia was petrified as she tried frantically to reverse and go the other way but that was blocked too by the same men.

One of the men yanked on her car door, pulling her our forcefully.

"What do you want?", She said.

"The boss wants you", the man said, forcing her into their car.

Alicia had an inkling of who that was but she decided to remain quiet. She wouldn't show fear as that would only make Nikolas feel important than he already was.

Throughout the drive through different twists and turns, Alicia remained quite. Her mind was working furiously, thinking about how she was going to outsmart Nikolas.

Several minutes later, the vehicle stopped in front of a huge imposing gate. One of her captors spoke through a small radio, announcing their arrival before the huge gates were swung open.

The car drove through the huge compound, making it's way to a huge double steel door. Finally, the car stopped as Alicia was escorted out. They led her through the hallway and the young scientist had to stop for some minutes to marvel at the beauty of the house.

"Just how rich is this man", she muttered.

"You'll get to know soon", one of his men said.

Soon, they came to a stop in front of a huge brown door. The men led Alicia through the door before stopping at a mahogany table filled with books of different sizes. They retreated, leaving the young scientist alone.

Alicia walked round the room, admiring the sculptures and pictures that hung on the wall. She had to admit it, Nikolas had good taste. One of these sculptures would cost billions and by her counting, ten of them were in this room.

"Admiring my artefacts I see", Nikolas boomed, walking into the room.

Alicia was startled as she took in his imposing frame. Seeing him again, she marvelled at his height and wondered what it felt like to be this tall. Knowing who Nikolas was, Alicia knew he was proud.

"I... yes, they're beautiful", she said.

Nikolas smiled, taking a seat. He faced her and scrutinized her for several minutes before offering her a seat.

"Mr Gustav, you should know that I do not enjoy being kidnapped. I'm here against my will and I could have you reported to the authorities", Alicia seethed.

Handsome or not, she wouldn't tolerate anyone treating her like this. She was a human being and should be treated with the respect she deserves.

"I'll like to apologize for that Miss Rodriguez, my men could behave like animals at times", Nikolas smiled, stroking his beard.

Alicia knew that he was anything but sorry. The devastatingly handsome man had a twinkle in his eyes, he enjoyed this, enjoyed tormenting her. Alicia vowed to deal with him; she also knew how to play this game.

"Why am I here?. If it's about the pressure tubes, I've already informed you sir, I won't be creating those. You can as well find somebody else to do that", Alicia said.

Nikolas rose from his seat, coming round the table. He perched at the side of the table, facing Alicia. He was so close to her and the young scientist could feel the body heat coming off him.

She cleared her throat, feeling hot all of a sudden. Nikolas had this effect on her and she hated to admit it but she was attracted to him.

"You're a very beautiful woman carà. I don't know why you're being stubborn", Nikolas murmured.

"Mr Gustav, with all due respect those tubes are dangerous and if the authorities learn that I'm creating them, I could have my license revoked", Alicia said.

Nikolas leaned forward, stroking her jaw and her upper lip. Alicia sat still, like a rock as she felt Nikolas cool fingers caressing her face. She hated to admit it but she loved his touch, cool yet warm.

"What are you doing to me Alicia?", Nikolas murmured.

The beauty of the moment was broken by the door, slamming open. A middle-aged woman walked in dressed in checkered suit and heels to match. Alicia scrambled away from Nikolas, trying to put some distance between them but it was no use as the mystery woman had already noticed.

"Mother, you didn't even knock", Nikolas groaned, returning to his seat.

"Why would I knock in my house and my son's private study", the woman said, tapping her feet.

" What if I was naked then?", Nikolas argued.

"So? I'm your mother, I bathed and clothed you for several years so there's nothing you can hide from me", the woman said.

Shortly, another man walked in. This time, he was more composed than the woman. He walked towards the table, dropping a small document on it.

Alicia could tell that this was the famous couple. Mr and Mrs Romano Gustav, Nikolas parents. They were the most important couple in the whole of Italy. Alicia suddenly felt small in their midst. She rose from her seat as the trio stared at her.

"Aren't you Alicia Rodriguez, the young scientist making waves now?", Nikolas mother said.

At that moment, Alicia felt proud of her profession. Who knew that this powerful woman knew her and what she does.

"I am ma'am. I hate to leave but I need to get back to something important at the lab", Alicia said.

"We're not done here woman", Nikolas growled.

He walked towards her, taking her hands forcefully. Alicia attempted to free herself from his grasp but he held on tight. She looked towards his parents, pleading for them to talk to him but they felt indifferent about it.

A slow anger burned through Alicia as it slowly rose to the surface. She couldn't understand why Nikolas found it difficult to take no for an answer. She was never going to create those tubes, never.

"Mr Gustav, let me go", Alicia seethed.

"Not until you accept to create those tubes", he said.

"For heaven's sake, are you all dumb? You know, for a very powerful family, you all are very stupid", Alicia seethed.

The trio were silent as Alicia's words resonated round the room. No one had ever dared spoken to them in such manner and Alicia knew at that very moment, she was in deep trouble.

"Take care of this Nikolas", his father said, speaking for the first time.

He led his wife away from the office as the older woman gave her the stink eye. Nikolas dragged her out of the room. Despite her kicks and screams, he continued to drag her until they came to a stop in front of a blue steel door.

He pushed her in and Alicia scrambled back as she saw the feral look in his eyes.

"You will remain here until you learn some manners", Nikolas said, leaving the room.

Alicia heard the lock turn and she knew at that moment she was a prisoner. Nikolas and his family had just captured her and there was no telling what her fate would be.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

65.4K 3.2K 65
Well, this is my first attempt of trying short stories. It is the collection of love stories.
93.1K 1.9K 24
မွန်းအကြောက်ဆုံးက အမျိုးသမီးတစ်ယောက်တဲ့။ 🔞ပါတာမို့ ကလေးတွေမဖတ်ကြနဲ့နော် သတိပေးတာ။
25.3K 3.4K 23
sᴏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ 𝟸 ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴅᴇᴍᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴠ sᴇʀɪᴀʟ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴀᴍ sɪʀ❤️..ʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ɢᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛɴᴇss ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴏғ ᴍᴘᴛ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏ...
Fate Από v xxxiri v

Μικρού Μήκους

11.1K 808 9
A story of a young boy Vishnu who lives along with his cold brothers in India, wishing to be taken care and loved by them