The Misunderstanding of Fate

kteedee tarafından

After her mother abandons them, Luna and her father find themselves moving across the country. Being the new... Daha Fazla

Coming Soon!
Chapter 1 - Fate's beginnings
Chapter 2 - First Meetings
Chapter 3 - Fire
Chapter 4 - Shopping Trips
Chapter 5 - Pizza Parties
Chapter 6 - Spilled Drinks
Chapter 7 - Reactions and Overreactions
Chapter 8 - Friendless
Chapter 9 - Shared Birthdays
Chapter 10 - Truths and Lies
Chapter 11 - Friendly Strangers
Chapter 12 - Short Friendships
Chapter 13 - Different Perspectives
Chapter 14 - Brewing Storms
Chapter 15 - Quick Friends
Chapter 16 - Deep Conversations
Chapter 17 - Meeting the Friends
Chapter 18 - Controlling Emotions
Chapter 19 - New Friends
Chapter 20 - Friendly Suggestions
Chapter 21 - Revelations
Chapter 22 - Festive Happiness
Chapter 23 - Christmas Day [Part 1]
Chapter 24 - Photographs and Protectiveness
Chapter 25 - Boxing Day Parties
Chapter 26 - Finally
Chapter 27 - Little Lies
Chapter 28 - New Years and New Feelings
Chapter 30 - So It Goes
Chapter 31 - Jealousy, Jealousy
Chapter 32 - Reintroductions
Chapter 33 - Delusion and Doubts

Chapter 29 - New Years and New Friends

292 11 9
kteedee tarafından

By the time we return to the party, the previous game of Never Have I Ever has ended. Although, there's still a lot more people in the kitchen in comparison to the living room making it difficult to locate our friends.

"Luna!" Elliot calls us over, "Come and meet Abi."

George is behind me, navigating my body with his grip on my waist, getting us through the various groups of people. From here, I can take a peak at the girl Elliot is introducing me to. She has short black hair, a nose ring, and is laughing at something Lewis is saying. I'm not sure I'd ever seen her on campus or with the boys before, I think I would have remembered the piercing, but there's something about girls that make me instantly doubtful. Was she going to be like Kate? Interested in George, or one of the other boys, and not looking for a friendship with me? But... she clearly knew these boys. Probably longer than I have. That's got to be a good sign?

When we reach the group, their eyes are cheekily lit as they make room for us in their little circle.

"Fuck off," George announces before any of them get to comment, "I'm going to get Luna a drink. I'll be back."

The last bit of his sentence is said into my ear, his hands squeezing my side, before he's disappearing to the other side of the room. In his absence, Elliot slides his arm over my shoulder to bring me closer to Abi.

"Abi, Luna," he seems very pleased with himself, "Luna, Abi. Meet, chat, become best friends."

To my delight, Abi scoffs at the overexcited boy glued to my side. "Calm down, you child," her attention turns to me, "It's nice to finally meet the girl who has stolen George's attention."

My eyes grow wide at that. Well, I suppose we had been spending a lot of time together. It didn't seem like a lot to me because, well, I didn't have anyone else. However, I suppose if you're used to seeing or spending time with someone and that calms down... it is noticeable.

"Yeah," I attempt to laugh it off, "I can't get rid of him."

"We never thought we'd see the day George Mason got all wifed up," she happily replies, "How do you cope with his overbearing ways?"

Her tone is cheeky, similar to the boys' attitude when they see us together, and filled with fondness. It's not an attitude I am familiar with coming from a girl but I welcome it. It's better than the alternative.

"Don't tell him," I begin, "but he's not as overbearing as you'd think."

Arms wrap around my waist, again, and I don't have to look back to recognise the touch. Instantly, I'm handed a cup filled with some sort of spirit and mixer.

Tilting my head, "Thank you."

Instead of replying, George places a quick kiss on my forehead before leaning in slightly. "Not that overbearing, huh? That's a good compliment coming from you."

My hands find his, intertwining, as I smirk, "Don't let it go to your head. Any bigger and you won't fit through doors."

I get a smirk that mirrors mine in response. I also get a soft pinch on my side, one that makes me shift closer to his body, and a wink I've never had before.

"Oh," Abi interrupts, "This is too good."

Lewis scoffs, looking smug, "I know, right? Who would have fucking thought."

"I can't not look at it," she's staring at us, eyes wide and lips quirked, "It's like an animal programme."

"Hey," I answer, "Call him what you want but I'm not an animal."

George leans his chin on my shoulder, "You tell them, baby."

My warning does nothing to the group. They're still smiling, or smirking, looking rather pleased with themselves. Even when the conversation shifts into another, I can sense their gaze from time to time. When George whispers in my ear, when I share my drink with him, or simply when we're all in the middle of a conversation. It makes me wonder... was George that different before me? Or, worse, when I wasn't around? Like many topics from tonight, I shelf it for another day.

Elliot interrupts an intense back and forth between Dom and Abi, informing us that it's only minutes until midnight. Even though it's a New Years Eve gathering, the thought of a new year had completely left my mind. As though he senses my excitement, George comes to stand by my side with a grin on his face.

As time goes on, people get more antsy. There's more chatter, more movement. People finding their friends, their partners, or just someone to share the midnight moment with.

"What were you doing this time last year?" George asks.

I have to think about that, "Not much. I think I was sleeping. Dad and I had a takeaway and went to bed early," I nod along with the memory, "What were you doing?"

"We were here. Just the guys, though, and we got very drunk."

I snort, "Not much different to this year then."

I'd meant it as a joke but George isn't having it, "Oh, actually sweetheart, it was very different to this one. For one, I had no clue that you existed. Secondly, I wasn't this happy. I mean, I like my friends but there's something about nights like this that... well, I'm just really glad you're here," Oh, this may be the most loose lipped I've seen him. He may be more drunk than I am, this time. "And thirdly, I wasn't hoping for a midnight kiss last year."

"Hoping?" I tease.

Our heads are close, "Praying, sweetheart."

10...

I watch as our friends move closer, embracing each other.

9...

Lewis and Dom are having a competition to see who can finish their drink first.

8...

I finish my drink, wiping my lips of any evidence.

7...

George finally lets go of my waist, taking a sip of his newly-found drink.

6...

The music in the living room has been turned down.

5...

I see Elliot move from beside Abi to stand next to George.

4...

My phone vibrates in my pocket. Honestly, I'd forgotten it was there until now. But I'm not going to ruin this moment by checking my phone.

3...

Okay, I take a sneak peak at George to find he's already looking at me.

2...

George turns towards me.

1...

However, Elliot intercepts his movements.

I start the new year laughing. Full blown, belly aching, laughing. Abi has come to stand by me, giggling along, as we take in the scene. George looks confused, slightly flustered, as he stands with his mouth slightly open. Lewis and Dom are stood with their hands over their mouths, holding back their laughter. Where as Elliot, the culprit, looks rather pleased with himself.

"We had nothing to do with that," Dom notes, "That was all on Elliot."

Elliot's face has morphed into an appalled look, "George, why didn't you kiss me back?"

George purses his lips, "Elliot."

The cheeky boy continues, "I mean, I was rather excited for that. You know? Start the new year with a kiss. And you just... froze. Explain yourself."

I'm not sure if everyone has noticed the blush growing on George's face, but it pushes me to interrupt. "Sweetie," George's eyes find mine, "I wouldn't have minded if you returned the kiss."

Abi's giggles fill the silence. The others stay out of it, knowing this is nothing out of the ordinary for Elliot.

"El," George begins, "You just ruined my first New Year's Eve with Luna. And... And you want me to. Apologise? For not kissing you back?"

Elliot contemplates his response, "You can still kiss her. Luna, kiss the man."

Abi gives me a little push which makes me send her a sarcastic thumbs up. What is it about drunk people that have them behaving like children? Even as the thought crosses my mind, I'm still grinning at the pouting boy in front of me.

"Oh, sweetie," I place my hands on his shoulders, "It's okay."

George's hands wrap around my waist, pulling me closer until he can rest his forehead against mine. Up close, he's even cuter. Pouting, he's even cuter.

"I wanted to kiss you. Not stupid Elliot."

My lips softly brush against his, "You can kiss me whenever. It doesn't matter. Besides, I think you've made his night."

Not happy with the quick touch, George pecks my lips properly. "Whenever, you say? Please explain."

I throw him a cheeky smile, "Well, what's there to explain?"

"It sounds like," he pulls back slightly to look in my eyes, "you like me."

Shrugging, I wrap my hands around his neck, "You're okay, George. You're better than I thought you'd be."

Again, I'm trying to keep the conversation light but there's definitely a weight in that statement. It's true. If someone would have told me, a few months ago, that this is where I'd be spending my NYE, I'd have laughed at them. If someone had told me that I'd be kissing George, a mere few months after he locked us in that cupboard, I'd have thought they were crazy.

"If I wasn't so drunk, I'd ask you what you meant by that."

"Alright," Dom's voice interrupts us, "You've had your moment. Now, let's get drunk." 

-------------

Okay, things have definitely changed between the two! 

And here is ABI. 

Hope you enjoyed this filler chapter. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

131 9 10
Luna returns from being homeschooled to going to a proper school that not only is famous but to her horror finds out that her childhood bully goes th...
193K 4.4K 24
~ 𝘐 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘸𝘰𝘳�...
32.2K 2.1K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...