THIN ICE |BOOK I |BWWM|

De the_euphoriaaa

After a failed marriage with the Underboss of one of the most powerful crime families, Julia Nicolette Manisc... Mai multe

•COPYRIGHT•
•AUTHOR'S NOTE•
•CHARATERS•
•ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2, ᴘᴀʀᴛ II•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24, ᴘᴀʀᴛ I•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24, ᴘᴀʀᴛ II•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26, ᴘᴀʀᴛ I•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26, ᴘᴀʀᴛ II•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39 - ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ•
•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40 - Q&A•

•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25•

462 47 31
De the_euphoriaaa

•SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA•

Matías' POV

"First of all, you don't even live here Sebastian. Excuse yourself from this conversation."

"I'm in this family Matías and I don't trust her." Sebastian bit back as he sat sideways in one of my father's creame office couches.

"Why? Because she didn't want you in her business?" I snarled as I crossed my arms over my chest and propped myself up on the bookshelf.

"Because she lied."

"You have some balls pulling a stunt like this, Matias." My father's taut voice lulled over the room cutting into the conversation.

My scowl followed as he stepped heavily to his office window, resting on the windowsill.

"We are on the cusp of another territory war-"

"-And she's lying about who she knows and where she's been!" Sebastian cut in.

"Silenzio, Sebastian!" My father commanded as he leaned back and interlocked his ringed fingers.

"I am beginning to think it was a was a mistake allowing you so much control in the family."

"Control?" -I scoffed- "I haven't held an ounce of control in the family my entire life- not over my education, my business choices, or who I marry!"

"Matías-"

"You don't dictate who I choose to love, father!"

"Oh yes I can!" -he shot up- "I decide if you will be Don of this family when I go. I will not allow a negro to run my family's business. And you better learn that quickly Matías, unless you want a repeat of Veronica."

My pupils widened and my lids narrowed as I stood up straight and paced towards my father.

"You told me you had nothing to do with her death."

Sebastian rolled off of the chair and scurried between us, blocking my path.

"Calm down Matías. You know Zio didn't kill Veronica."

My father could be infernal at times, but he coupled it with eloquent manipulation tactics. Even when I knew Ronnie's death to be due to childbirth, he wouldn't hesitate to use it as another means to control me.

Sebastian blocked the line of sight to my father, trying to meet my eyes.

"Would you pull your head from between her legs for five seconds. Just ask her yourself. She'll come clean to you. You should have seen her when you left us in that room. All fidgety."

"What's your point?"

"To me, her being black isn't an issue and it will never be, but Zio is right. Don is a huge responsibility, we have to consider who we let in."

"I'm not discussing this with you." I cleared my throat and stepped back from Sebastian.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a gorgeous guest in the other room that I have to entertain. Don't join us if you're gonna bring this attitude."

Both Sebastian and my father held defiant demeanors. My dad's eyes brimmed with frustrated disappointment while Seb's glazed with continued suspicion. I nodded in confirmation as I turned leaving the unfinished conversation behind.

• • • •

The walk down the hallway felt longer than usual as I thought about the very few valid points my cousin brought up.

Why didn't she ever mention she lived in Jersey?

Why was she living with Liv instead of in UK?

Why was she so worried when I said I didn't want someone familiar with the business?

"...my cousin taught me how to do that. He said it had to click." Danny's voice carried from inside his room.

My knuckle knocked lightly against the door as I popped my head into my son's room.

"You know Nonna doesn't like you having this door closed. We need to hear what you're doing."

"We had it open, but then we heard yelling in Don's office and when Nick's mommy came up she told us to keep the door closed."

My ears perked up, "Was she standing at Don's office long?"

The boys shrugged as the started going back to what they were doing.

"Okay, t-that's okay then. You guys okay?"

"Yes." The boys sung in unison, not even looking up.

I nodded and hurriedly stepped out and down the stairs to the living room. Everyone had filed into the kitchen for some pre-game wine.

"Mat! We're about to play Catchphrase, go get dad and Seb." Catalina squealed.

"They won't be joining us- hey Ma? Where's Monroe?"

She pointed to the patio by the backyard pool, "She went to take a call. Tell her to come back in too. It is going to get exciting! Woo!"

My mother threw her hands in the air and took another sip of wine. My eyebrows raised in amusement as I stepped outside to find Monroe with her sandals off and feet dangling in the pool.

"You know Emilio likes to pee in the pool in that exact spot."

Monroe kept her head hung as she responded with gentle splashes in the water.

"Are you alright?" I took my shoes off, rolled up my pants legs, and sat beside Monroe as I noticed her streaked cheeks.

"Take a wild guess Matías."

"How much did you hear?" I sighed.

"Just enough to know your dad might possibly hurt me or Nick if we ever did work out or try to get married.

She sniffled and tossed her head back, forcing back the curls that had fallen into her face.

"My dad's warped—yes, but he just says that to scare me. He'd never actually do anything to hurt you, Roe." I allowed my words to drop gently as I stroked the edge of her jaw with the curve of my thumb.

"Somehow that doesn't bring the comfort it's supposed to." She slid my fingers off of her face as she got up and plodded to the nearby pool chairs.

"...And Sebastian doesn't trust me—grilling me at the table like I'm a steak."

"He's protecting our family. We aren't in the best position right now, so we can't take anything for granted."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Monroe's gaze sharpened as the edge of her voice hardened.

"It doesn't have to mean anything." I pulled my feet from the water and sat beside Monroe.

"Let me ask you something. I promise I won't get upset. I just want an honest answer."

Monroe's features toggled between arming and disarming themselves as I inhaled deeply.

"Do you have any ties with the Mancini or Maniscalco family besides your father?"

"Why do you keep asking me that?" Her voice flattened.

I shoved away the incurable urge to go easy on her for the sake of her doe-like eyes, but I needed answers. The risk was too great for the family to throw caution to the wind.

"I'm asking because I need to know." I kept my gaze chained to hers and straightened my back.

"I knew this was a mistake. I knew we were moving too fast; and when you told me about your dad I knew it'd be a disaster." She stood again, pitching the bridge of her nose, starting to walk back towards the house.

"How can you say this whole thing," —I pointed between us—"is a mistake? All I did was ask a question Monroe. Why are you playing victim?"

"I'm not playing victim Matías! You're accusing me of something of which you have no proof. Just your cousin's 'feeling'."

I honestly didn't know why I let Sebastian convince me that I needed to push Monroe to tell me anything when I was holding back just as much.

My hand reflexively reached out and gripped Monroe's arm, pulling her back to me as she froze and audibly gasped.

"Hey! I'm not accusing you, but if there's something don't I have a right to know?"

I've been exposed to a lot in this business. A lot of liars, a lot of cheats, and a lot of rats. They usually all have the same expression- panic with a little bit of guilt. As I examined Monroe, I couldn't help notice her body's gentle tremble under my touch and the rims of her eyes nearly welled over with tears.

No guilt, no panic.... just fear.

Not like fear of a spider, or fear of heights—this was heavier. My mother carried this fear for a while when we were younger.

I quickly withdrew my hand expecting her to take off, but it was as if her feet were cemented in place.

"Monroe, I'm sorry. I didn't know....b-but that's no excuse."

I timidly reached for her elbow as she broke through the cement, taking two steps back.

A whole new set of questions cropped up as my eyes followed the sharp rise and fall of Monroe's chest. I relaxed my shoulders and took half a step back, giving her space.

"I'm sorry; and you're right. I shouldn't just throw out accusations."

She shook her head, "I-It's okay. I just...don't like people aggressively prying when I'll open the door if they ask nicely."

"Can I try again?"

She nodded.

"Do you have any connection to either of those families—besides your dad?"

"Promise you won't be upset?"

"I promise." I placed a gentle smile on my face.

Eons passed before Monroe spoke and I could practically hear the warring inside her mind as she gave me a slow burning stare that fluttered to her fingers then snapped back to me.

"...yes....Nicolai's father."

A/N: *evil laugh *

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

8.1M 227K 50
[COMPLETE] [MATURE] ❝Revenge is a bitch, I'll make it my bitch. ❞ Mars Matthews was anything but innocent. She was sarcastic, talkative, some even sa...
594K 14.4K 35
His finger trailed up my thigh ever so gently causing my pussy complete torture. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was driving me completely cr...
46.2K 1.8K 24
-𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄- ~𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒~ [CAN BE READ AS STANDALONES] ~•~ 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐎 A...
78.9K 1K 16
| book #1 | ~The story of Valentina Russo and Ace D'Angelo~ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Two broken sou...