The Rejected Wolf

Da AlexaPhoenix23

Andy Hale Choosing someone to spend the rest of your life with is an incredibly difficult decision. But for m... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 5

2.3K 57 4
Da AlexaPhoenix23

Andy POV

I woke up to the most amazing view.

A floor-to-ceiling wall of windows let me see the beach below. I lay there watching the waves mesmerized. I was so distracted that it took me a few minutes to realize I wasn't home. When I looked around the massive room, I found him asleep across from the bed on a small couch. His massive frame draping off the end. This was the first time I actually got a good look at him. He was gorgeous, he was muscled, but he was not lean like his brother. He was massive, he appeared to be built like a tank. Every muscle almost bursting out off his shirt.

As I watched him sleep, he looked so peaceful. His sandy blonde hair was messy and clinging tightly to his face, and his arms were draped across his chest. I would have been delighted to wake up in his room if the circumstances were different. Who am I kidding, circumstances be damned I was still delighted.

Getting up, I surveyed the room. It was amazing; the walls were a lovely shade of grey that gleamed in the sun. One of the walls was covered in weapons, swords, daggers, and a beautiful shield with our pack's crest on it. Two wolves howling at a blue moon. However, the thing that caught my eye was on the other side of the room, there was a wall of books. They lined bookcases ten foot high.

Not being able to resist, I walked over to the books, tracing my fingers along the spines as I read each one. I was so absorbed in the books I didn't hear when my stranger awoke.

"Anything catch your eye?" he asked, coming up behind me.

I jumped at his voice and let out a girly yelp.

Dear God, kill me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." he said, and I heard the smile in his voice. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, sending a shiver down my spine.

"You didn't scare me, sir." I lied.

"Well, that's good then. How are you feeling?"

"I feel much better, thanks for helping me again." I replied, turning to face him.

"It was my pleasure. I had some of the omegas find you a change of clothes if you would like to wash up?" he gestured towards a pile of clothing beside the bed.

"That's very generous of you alpha, thank you."

"Please call me Logan." He smiled at me.

"Logan it is then, I'm Andy by the way" I said, sounding a lot more confident than I felt.

"It's nice to finally meet you properly Andy".

I grabbed the clothes and showered, my gown was covered in mud, so I folded it up and placed it aside. Dressing in the clothes he had given me. I was grateful that they were rather plain. Just a pair of blue shorts, a t-shirt and trainers.

When I was done, I walked back out into the bedroom to find my stran... Logan sitting on the bed smiling up at me.

"Feel better?" he asked me but before I could answer there was a knock on the door.

When the door opened it revealed an apologetic looking omega.

"Sorry Alpha but your father asked me to remind you of the training event today." He said standing in the doorway, his eyes remained glued to the floor.

"Yes, I forgot about that, thank you, tell my father I will be there after breakfast." Logan replied.

When the omega left Logan turned to me again.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"I'm starving." I confessed.

"Okay," he said, smiling at me. "We'll get breakfast after I get dressed."

I nodded and waited for him.

When he was finished we walked to the dining hall. After sitting down and ordering food, he looked at me again, with a look that I could not figure out.

As we ate, he started talking. "So, what is your plan today?"

He asked to make conversation. I thought about it before I replied "Honestly nothing. Alexi and my father are going to the fighting events, so I guess I'm on my own."

"If you are not doing anything you could come to the games? I'm sure it would make it a lot more interesting." He said, staring down at me.

"You don't like fights? I thought today was in your honour?" I asked him.

"That is why it is uninteresting. I am a spectator today not a fighter." He responded as he finished his meal.

"Will you come?"

"It sounds more exciting than staring at the walls." I joked but I nodded yes.

He smiled at me, making my heart flutter.

We walked to the arena in comfortable silence before being ushered to the best seats in the house. A few minutes later he started explaining the tournament to me, even explaining the fight moves. He seemed to be enjoying explaining it all to me so much that I didn't have the heart to tell him I knew all of it.

"So, there are about 50 wolves competing today. They are showcasing their talents to me for when I take over as alpha. It was all my father's doing."

I nodded and he continued.

"The wolves are paired up in one-on-one fights, and then the winners are paired up and so on until one wolf remains."

"Do you have any bets going?" I teased him.

"No, though my brother is determined to win." I flinched at the mention of Connor causing Logan to look guiltily at me.

"Sorry Andy, I didn't even think. Are you okay?" he looked so apologetic that I instantly said I was fine to ease his conscience.

"I'm up next little sister, you're going to watch right?" Alexi asked as he approached us.

Logan spoke up. "Of course, we will be watching."

Alexi bowed to Logan and then looked at me, his eyes full of questions.

Are you two dating? When did that happen? He mind linked me.

We are not dating; he's just being nice. He feels sorry for me because of Connor that's all.

Yeah sure...

The trainer who was running the tournament called Alexi up into the arena saving me from this conversation.

Good luck! I linked him as he walked away.

Alexi was an amazing fighter; he was the son of a beta meaning that he had more strength than most wolves except the alphas of course. His opponent was a massive man though, he stood six feet tall and seemed to be built like a brick wall. They looked like polar opposites, Alexi stood at almost the same height, but his build was smaller. The big tank of a man lunged at Alexi; I could tell easily that he didn't have much elegance to his fighting. I guessed that he probably just assumed his size and strength would make it pointless... he was wrong. Alexi easily dodged every blow thrown at him and knocked him out the minute his fist connected with the man. I had to hide a giggle with a cough as he hit the ground with a thud, a very confused expression on his face.

"Impressive." Logan said beside me.

Given that Alexi was to take over as beta when Logan became alpha, I was glad he seemed to like Alexi.

That's when my father walked over giving me a sad look I didn't understand.

"Sorry sweetie, but Alpha Black requested it." He said to me.

"Requested wh..." I didn't get a chance to finish because I heard the announcement.

"Andrea Hale, please come to the arena."

I just sat there in shock.

Andy! You have to go up now... Alexi mind linked.

I just shook my head. I hated being the centre of attention. I didn't want to do this, I just wanted to blend in until school was done and then I could leave.

"You have to go up honey." My father said, grabbing my arm to get me to move.

I sighed and stood up to walk down to the arena. I had no way out of this.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

388K 13.9K 31
Angel has been on her own for what feels like the majority of her life. Fresh out of foster care, she must try and make her life better than everyon...
1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...
209K 5.4K 25
Dawn is 22-years old and a Beta's daughter. She is strong,fast,outgoing and has a great sense of humor. She is rebellious, adventurous and confident...
426K 8.7K 28
She moved with a certain thoughtfulness about her. Every step was placed gently. Whether this is to disappear from those around her or to protect the...