The Fox And The Tiger

MosesOchoa

When the head Jonin come for the peace treaty between Kumo and Konoha, his partner notices a boy and is intri... Еще

Who's That?
Woah!
Foxes...
New Jinchuriki
Day One
Who Are You?
The 9 Tails
The Demon Awakened
Reinventing
Life And Future
Genin
Ninja Skills
Control
The Request
The Journey: Wanderer
The Journey: Live Combat
The Journey: The Deal
The Arrival In Konoha
The Chunin Exams
Final Exams
Heritage
Bonds
As Time Goes By
The Fifth Raikage
Will There Be War?
Revelations
An Ominous Nebula
Your Enemy
The Shaded Leaf
ANNOUNCEMENT

Return

1.5K 43 6
MosesOchoa

At the entrance stood two people. They were Darui and Yugito. The two had been notified by Ay, of Naruto impending arrival. Nearly two months had gone by since they last saw him and a lot had changed. Nobody just remained at their previous level, they had all worked hard to become stronger and reach new heights.

The question was how Naruto would be. They had no contact from him whatsoever. Nothing until his sudden message of his return. One that he was late for...

"That bastard! Keeping us waiting like this!" Yugito said with clear aggravation in her voice.

"Yo." A voice said from behind and above them. Sitting on top of the gates while waving nonchalantly at her.

"Welcome back Na-"

"YOU BASTARD!"

Naruto's eyes widened and he jumped down before being hit, and stood behind Darui. "What's going on Darui-sensei. How's it been?"

"Been moving. Some moments dull."

Naruto nodded and looked back to his teammate who was fuming in anger. "And you, Yugito? How's the family?" Immediately she lost all anger and just stood still. Naruto didn't miss this and noticed her frown. "Something wrong?"

"While you were away, about a month into your trip...they died...there was a funeral a couple weeks ago."

Naruto stood silent then slowly walked to her. He placed his right hand on her shoulder and then with his left, gently lifted her chin to look him in the eyes. The slitted eyes were a normal round as he smiled softly. "It's ok if you're sad it's normal...this is a time where you don't need to put up the act."

Her eyes widened in surprise from what he said. It was him that told her to always hide her feelings. Never let anyone see her hurt or anything, otherwise they could control her. However, upon hearing that, the dam she formed broke and tears began to escape her eyes as she started to cry. Naruto just pulled her into his embrace and allowed her to cry fully without saying a word or judging. When she finally stopped crying, she realized that he'd hugged her the whole time while stroking her hair. On top of that, not once was there some witty remark.

He let her freely release all her held in tears and got her to break down her wall. The act she'd been putting up, crumbled immediately with his words, his eyes, and his embrace. Naruto may not be good at expressing his thoughts towards anybody yet, but he knew how to show. Actions were what drove Naruto and told you how he felt about you. Never was it his words.

She sniffled as she looked at down into his eyes and a smile formed. "Thank you, Naruto...I...I needed that."

Naruto nodded and closed his eyes. "I'm...I'm sorry that I wasn't here...for you. I...am now though. So if you ever need it, you know where I am."

She nodded and smiled again as he released her. "You're still late."

Naruto rolled his eyes with a smirk. "And if I said I was here the whole time, waiting until you had an outburst, would you believe me?"

She looked at him blankly. "That would be the kind of stupid thing you'd do...but Sensei would have sensed you."

Looking at Darui, he sighed in resignation. "Very well. So what's been going on?"

Darui stepped forward. "Well...got some news...you will be excited but...at the same time you may also not."

A confused look graced Naruto's face. This made Yugito get one of her own...Naruto was showing a lot of emotion. Showing reaction to things, he wasn't blank and careless. Just what happened that made him change from how he was?

"What is it, Darui-sensei?"

"You and your team have been selected to take part in the Chunin Exams." Naruto smirked as well as Yugito but Darui continued. "They...are hosted by Konohagakure this time around."

Yugito watched as Naruto seemed to stare off into space and be lost in his own world. Darui noticed it as well and worry crept in. They knew he had no good memories of the place, and despite all that has happened, it does remain as a bad place in his mind. He'd gained friends here, and acknowledgment. Something he desperately wanted there, something he hoped he would have been able to attain. It just wasn't meant to be, as it never looked to change. Then he was swooped up and saved, taken away and brought to a new home, a fresh start. Thanks to the efforts of Omoi, he managed to open up and gain a friend, then slowly began making more, to where he had a small group of people he can truly call his friends.

Not only were his friends the ones to acknowledge him, but the village's Kage, Ay, the Raikage acknowledged him. The legendary Killer Bee acknowledged him. His Jonin Sensei, Darui acknowledged him. Mabui acknowledged him, Kira and Trey took him in as an extended member of the family. Everything he wished to have within Konoha, he gained here in Kumo. A home...friends and acknowledgment.

Now, here he was, soon to enter the next stage of his Shinobi career...but to do so, he'd need to return to the place that terrorized him as a child. To face the place that he still feared, even after all this time. Yugito reached out and grabbed onto his arm, drawing him back to the normal world and he looked over to notice her holding his arm, then smiled as he looked back to Darui.

"I see. We'll be good to go when it is time."

"Are you sure, Naruto? We would all unders-"

"I'm sure. Team 13 will make Kumo proud. I can promise you that. You will see that brining me here was worth it. I will not hold back, and victory is going to be Kumo's"

"Naruto...you have nothing to prove."

"I have everything to prove...Darui-sensei, I think it wise I go see Raikage-sama. I would like to report what I have gotten, and I would also request that I can do some training for the next couple weeks."

"Naruto, it can wait. You just got back." Yugito said.

Naruto shook his head and looked at Darui. "The sooner I report to him, the sooner I can get to training."

Darui nodded and decided to take both of them. So placing his hands on one of their shoulders each, they were gone. Reappearing in the Raikage's office, Ay greeted the group.

"Welcome back, Naruto. How was your journey? Find what you were searching for?"

Naruto smirked but frowned also. I got the knowledge of my Clan, every scroll, and every book is in my possession. I didn't, get to learn about the cause of my Clan's death. There was no signs of battle, nothing. No corpses just empty. It was like all of them just vanished."

"Well. At least you've gained something. Was everything ok?" Naruto hesitated and Ay caught it. "What is it?"

"Well, not everything was smooth. I rescued an old man and his daughter from some bandits...killing them...I got lost in myself...then in Fire Country, I was attacked by five Jonin."

Yugito snapped her head over to Naruto in shock and couldn't believe it. He was attacked by five Jonin? How did he make it out? Darui raised an eyebrow at Naruto but said nothing. Ay got serious and leaned forward on his desk.

"What happened?"

Naruto sighed and recounted the events. How he was blindsided after coming across an old shrine and how he was being beaten. Then came the part where he set up the barrier and this time though, he said he caught them all and managed to use another seal to finish the last three on his own.

Ay nodded along but still felt it odd. There was something missing within his explanation but he would leave it be. "Well, at least you made it. Your assumption of they just wanting you alive and their arrogance saved you."

Naruto nodded. "Yes...I also gained this." He removed his short-sleeved hoodie alongside the long-sleeved shirt and was wearing his black compression sleeveless shirt. His figure seemed slightly more fit, potentially from constant traveling but the most eye catching thing was his left arm. Of two sea serpents coiling up and down his arm in opposite directions.

"What, you got a tattoo?" Yugito said. Although she did think it was cool and had a very tiny blush from seeing his figure again.

Naruto chuckled and smiled. "Sort of...this is what connects me to the Leviathan." They looked at him confused and with interest. "Apparently my Clan had access to them, for each Uzumaki, there was one Leviathan. I do not summon the Leviathan, but it wardens Ryūgū-jō. It's an offensive seal that will seal my target in a seal as massive as a universe...they are sent to the dimension and there is no escaping."

"Sounds great...what's the cost?"

Naruto smiled at Darui and sighed. "Well...it's a constant...as to make sure the power is not stupidly used and only used with purpose. To understand what I'm actually doing. The cost is 75% of my chakra at the time of using the attack."

"So it's meant more as a last ditch Jutsu...one that would serve as an ultimate trump card."

"Good observation, Yugito. That would be the purpose of this Jutsu."

"What if you miss?"

Smirking at her he shook his head. "This Jutsu summons a massive dragon made of water. It dwarfs the boss summons, and can reach the size of a Biju. Aside from that, it will chase a target until they are sealed or I choose to release the Jutsu."

"Dear god..." Darui Said and Yugito was just silent.

"HAHAHA I KNEW YOU WOULD JUST COME BACK WITH SOMETHING CRAZY! YOU NARUTO JUST NEVER CEASE TO SURPRISE!"

"I do my best." Naruto chuckled. "As I said, I did get all that my Clan had...as such, I would like to study my Clan's work...is that ok?"

"GO AHEAD NARUTO! CONTINUE TO SURPRISE YOUNG BOY!"

Naruto nodded and left the office, leaving Darui inside. Yugito had followed with him and as they left the tower she grabbed his right arm tightly and turned him back to her. "That's it? You expect to say you were attacked by five Jonin and just walk away like that? Naruto, Omoi's been worried about you, always thinking about you and training to get stronger because part of him feels that if he was, maybe you'd have taken him. I was worried about you, bastard! Then you go and act like it was no big deal? What the hell, man!"

"Look...I know you were all worried and unhappy with my decision...but I had to do this alone. I already told you before didn't I? I care about you...I care about Omoi and the friends I've gotten. I don't want to see you guys hurt or worse...that's why I had to do this alone. To ensure you guys would stay safe! I don't want to be alone! Not again!"

Her eyes softened and she just brought him into a hug of her own. "You won't be...I'm sorry that I made it seem that you didn't care...you obviously do. I just want you to know, Naruto, that we can help you. You may not want to be alone but...your actions force you to be. We're your friends and friends help each other. I just want you to understand that...before you go off and get yourself killed because you chose to be alone...we don't want to lose you either."

Naruto brought his arms around her, and nodded into her shoulder as the two remained. Both Darui and Ay were looking down from the window when Darui spoke. "They've gotten close haven't they?"

Ay nodded. "Yes. Didn't seem like they ever would when they were in the academy huh?"

Darui chuckled and nodded. "That's for sure. The two constantly push one another and are competitive. Naruto doesn't show it, but he definitely is extremely competitive, maybe even more so than her. The question is though, which of the two will be the strongest?"

"Depends on how you measure their strength. Naruto will always possess more chakra, being Uzumaki and Kyubi Jinchuriki, no one will rival him in chakra. She bests him in Ninjutsu, and Taijutsu. But he has his mastery over all Bukijutsu and his Fuinjutsu, on top of that, he's always got an ace up his sleeves."

Darui nodded. "His analytical skills are also pretty great. Yugito told me that on our first meeting he was forming strategies the moment we met. He was picking apart my strengths and weaknesses from the very beginning."

"Yes, a skill he no doubt picked up from his father."

"He's also began teaching her a lot on that stuff and getting her to view more of the bigger picture and not get tunnel vision when fighting."

"That's good."

"About his heritage, should we tell him that we know?"

Ay shook his head. "I want to see what Konoha will do first. Seeing the son of their beloved Yondaime among Kumo's ranks. Their Jinchuriki, the strongest tailed beast, against them. I wonder if the secret will be released."

"No matter what, secrets always come out."

Naruto broke away and smiled at her. "I will try to be better. I promise. I have something to give you though."

"You do?"

"Yes." Naruto led her to his house and down to the sublevels. There was a large excavated room and he laid his hands on the ground as a massive seal array spread along the floor. In a glow and puff of smoke, the room was filled with rows and rows of scrolls and books on shelves.

"Woah...this is all from your clan?"

Naruto nodded and smiled at her, he took her hand as he began running her through the aisles and making turns constantly. She was struggling to keep pace but was managing, he knew where to go while she was dragged so it wasn't all that easy. They finally stood, stopped in a small circular area that was surrounded with scrolls and books, all the way to the ceiling.

"So, I know you have a fire affinity, and that by now your Ninjutsu is superb. Here is the fire section of my new library, you may use and learn and study all that you wish here. It isn't anything special I know but-"

"Thank you, Naruto. It's wonderful! So much! The library here doesn't let me check out much...too low of rank...now I could learn more complex and stronger Jutsu."

"You sure you like it? It is nothing glamorous but-"

"You're really silly, you know that? Of course I like it! You aren't the glamorous type, but you gave something practical, something of use. That has more value than anything else. Besides, it's something that came from the heart."

"Came, from the heart?"

"You really don't get these things huh..." She giggled as just tilt his head over. "It just means that you pit thought into the gift. That you care about the person you are gifting and therefore gifted something that they could use or just love."

"Oh, I get it. I'm happy that you like this." He reached in his pocket and took out a scroll. "Now, just place chakra into this circle here." He said pointing at the circle in the center of the seal.

"Ok." She complied then watched he rolled it up and put the scroll away. "What was the point of that?"

"Oh! Yeah, you have access now to my house, and the library. You can come and go as you please so that you don't have to always rely on me to bring you. You could just come and take a new Jutsu or material to study."

She nodded with a smile. "Do I remain in this section?"

"No you don't have to. I just made it specially for you though." She got a tiny shade of red that wasn't noticeable to him due to the lighting from that. "Everything else is either Fuinjutsu or other natures."

"I understand. Maybe you could teach me how to create those storage seals some day."

"Sure. I can do that. I'm going to get to reading, if you need me, I'll be right over there." She nodded happily and reached for a scroll near her.

Naruto stood by a shelf and was looking at a scroll. On it was a seal that intrigued him. The seal was an entrapment type. A skilled Uzumaki...well they were all skilled but this one had apparently created a sealing method, utilizing specially marked blades. The "Gō Uzumaki Fuinjutsu: Yaiba no Mai" was performed by jumping airborne above a target and throwing the blades around them in a circular fashion to surround them. Once the handsigns were performed, the seal array would leave the blades and spread inwards, once they've caught the target, they were immobilized entirely, they can not break out.

Naruto did not doubt the saying of an opponent not being able to break out. This was an Uzumaki class Fuinjutsu, and would surely be hard to attempt to break. If an Uzumaki caught you, it was over. That was why they were feared so much, especially because Fuinjutsu acted fast. Aside from whatever set up was needed, the seal was near instant in effect. If you were not aware of what was coming and wasn't already acting to get away, you'd fall victim to whatever seal was coming.

Knowing that, and liking the concept of the seal, he began learning it and making the seal. The goal was to one day know and master every single Uzumaki Fuinjutsu. It would be quite a while but, gotta start somewhere.

After a few hours of working the seal, he rubbed his right eye as he looked up. Ahead of him was Yugito, seated, reading through a scroll and it made him smile. Shaking his head he stood up and walked over to her.

"I was going to make some food. Want some?"

She looked up from the scroll and at him. With a nod she jumped up. "What you making?"

"Don't know, gotta look in the fridge. You were keeping tabs on the place right?" He saw her nod as she bent down to grab the scroll to take with her.

"Better stop staring before she sees you."

"Not now, Kurama. I wasn't...fine, but shut up!"

Kurama laughed while Naruto turned away, shaking his head. They both went up into the actual house and she sat on a stool in the kitchen. When he opened the fridge, his eyes went wide.

"Uh...Yugito?"

"Yes, Naruto?"

Naruto turned and faced her seriously. "What is up with all the fish? THAT'S ALL THAT'S IN THERE!"

Yugito giggled wildly as she shook her head at him. He was so serious that it worried her for a second. Then he complained about the fish which had caused her outburst of giggles. "What can I say? That's my favorite food!"

Naruto shook his head at her. "So! That doesn't mean that it should be all you eat! What kind of psycho only eats one thing?!"

"I don't judge you for the tea, don't judge me for my fish."

"Tea and Fish are two entirely different things!"

"Orange juice and lemonade are better, just saying." Naruto shook a fist at her making her giggle more and she just smiled as he turned back to the fridge. "So...what you making?"

Naruto growled. "Fish apparently!"

"Yay. Sounds good, thank you!"

Naruto shook his head and sighed in defeat. Perhaps leaving his house in her care was a mistake...

-Two Days Later-

Naruto ran through the woods as he jumped over a root and spun, throwing a kunai and spinning back around to continue running. He turned sharply left into some bushes, as shuriken whizzed past where his head and back once was.

He saw a low hanging branch up ahead so he ran and jumped to pull himself up into the tree. Using the branches he ran to other trees and jumped through them to cover ground faster than trying to avoid the trunks or bushes. His pursuer didn't follow him up the tree so he was gaining distance fast. When he felt comfortable, he sat in a tree and leaned his back against it. Lightly panting, he assessed himself and looked to his right leg. A cut was there from a kunai that grazed him and he taped it up now.

"WHERE'D YOU GO! COME OUT"

Naruto looked around then reached into his pocket. There were small shuriken, about half the size as normal ones and he had written a receiving type seal on them before tossing them around. Once it was ready he spoke.

"Now, why would I do that?" His voice came from every one of the shuriken, making him sound like he was in many different places at once.

"COME OUT AND FACE ME COWARD!"

Naruto sighed and took stock of his current supplies. He was running low from trying to constantly slow his pursuer down. It didn't necessarily worry him though because he had a lot still sealed up.

"How about this. You forfeit now, and you can save yourself from the pain you'll experience."

"Little cocky aren't you Uzumaki? I know far more Jutsu than you! I'm a far better fighter!"

"And yet, you've lost." Naruto said and confused the pursuer before he was frozen in place. Looking down a seal glowed below and it didn't look good because it began blinking. "Forfeit, or it blows up."

"NO! I REFUSE TO LOSE TO YOU!"

"So be it, Rin." Naruto was about to let it blow when a fireball came at him. "You've gotta be kidding me...Why am I always facing the other two at once?" He jumped down from the tree and grabbed Rin from behind, holding a kunai to his throat. "Good thing you stayed still this whole time, would have blown up otherwise...now, Yugito, surrender, or Rin dies."

Rin glared at Naruto as best he could, given that Naruto was behind him. Yugito appeared in front of them and was holding her hands up. "Ok ok...just calm down, Naruto...we can talk about this."

"Speak for yourself, I am calm. Maybe if you were earlier with your attack, he wouldn't have been caught...that thought must be running in your head. Isn't it? How this is all your fault...his blood is on your hands, Yugito." Naruto kicked Rin's inner knee making him drop and pushed him down to the ground. "That's mission failed."

Darui appeared in the middle of them all in a puff of smoke and clapped. "Well done Naruto. Rin, you need to stop letting frustration control you. It forces you to make mistakes, and if this was a real mission, you would have died. Yugito, you did well to disrupt Naruto's attack on Rin, but you were too slow in doing so and you were put in a bad spot because Rin was already caught."

"Yes, Sensei. It isn't fair sometimes. Naruto's ability with Fuinjutsu is practically unbeatable. We didn't see him even form that seal."

"I put it from the start, Yugito. I didn't just run randomly." Naruto said with his arms crossed. Rin at this point was sitting with a scowl.

"Omoi was right about his level of planning...nothing he did was at all by mistake." Yugito thought as she looked at Naruto. "Could I still beat you?"

Naruto felt her gaze and looked at her. His smile to her made her smile. "You found me pretty fast. I thought that I'd have more time having distorted the location of my voice."

"You still managed a win."

Naruto shook his head at her. "It's because Rin got caught stupidly that I won. If he knew Darui-sensei's Jutsu, he could have gotten away."

Rin scowled once more and looked away from them all. "Yeah, Rin you need to really work on keeping your emotions in check..." Darui said.

"How did you find me so fast anyways, Yugito?"

She waved her finger at him. "Ah ah ah. You won't find out that easily, Naruto. Besides you'd just develop a way to counter that, I learned that the hard way."

"Well you guys, good work today. Remember, to pace yourselves the next week, Chunin Exams are coming fast. Don't need to be exhausted when it comes time to perform." With that, Darui vanished in a puff of smoke and Rin left immediately after.

"Want to spar, Naruto? One on one, see who's better?"

Naruto looked over at her and smirked. "I would, but we have the Exams coming up and I rather save you for the finals."

"You think you'll win that easily?"

"No. But it let's you hide more of your abilities."

"Hmm...sounds like you still expect to win, Naruto."

Naruto eyed her and his eyes had a fire that displayed nothing but excitement. "I assure you, it isn't what I am implying. But I rather wait until the tournament to take you on."

"What if we don't face each other? What if there isn't even a tournament?"

Naruto looked up in thought and sighed. "You've got a point...that we may not be against each other in the tournament, but I know there definitely will be one. If we don't fight there, I will take you on here."

"Sounds to me like you just don't want to fight, Naruto."

He wavered her off and began walking away. "Want some fish, I'm going to grill them tonight."

She jumped over to him immediately and interlocked her arms with his right, shocking him greatly as he wasn't expecting this. Then he wasn't able to really get used to it because she suddenly took off at full speed dragging him to his house.

"Yeesh! She's crazy!"

"That's what happens when you bring up a woman's favorite food...especially when you say you're making it."

"Isn't this over the top?"

"Not in this circumstance..."

"And what does that mean?"

"Figure it out yourself Kit. I can't be explaining everything to you."

Naruto shook his head and the next thing he knew, they were at his house.

-Three Days Later-

Naruto was looking at the ceiling of his house as he sighed. He rolled over on his bed and looked to the sword he had on the wall. "I have to go back there soon...I'm stronger now, they won't hurt them, they won't hurt her like they hurt me...I will make sure of that."

"You'll need to train with that sword eventually Kit. Putting it off doesn't gain anything."

"I know..."

"You fear this power..."

"I do. I don't trust it."

"You made sure that it wouldn't change you mentally. The only thing it would draw on is the greed of man. Those with a lust for power."

Naruto said nothing and stood up from the bed and walked to the sword. He held it in the scabbard and rubbed the handle with his thumb. He began to grip it.

"Naruto!"

"The hell? She's here right now?" He placed the sword back on the hooks that held it and sighed. "Yes, Yugito?"

"Good, you're up!"

"Did you need something?" She mumbled something that he couldn't quite hear. "What was that?"

"I said, some help and breakfast."

Naruto stepped out of his room and looked down the hall to see her standing there, with burnt clothing. "What happened to you?"

"I tried to do something with my fire and well...it got a little out of control."

"You ok?" She nodded and he walked to her and guided her to his bathroom. "Here, let me make sure you aren't burnt too badly, then I'll bring you some clothes that you can wear after your shower."

She nodded thankfully and let him inspect her right arm and shoulder. It travelled into her chest a little but he hadn't gotten there yet, as he rubbed off the char and dirt on her hand. "Well, your hand looks fine, and so does your forearm. I'm guessing that where you lost control was when it spread upwards?"

"Yeah...at that point, it was spreading fast and I couldn't regain control."

"This wasn't normal fire was it?"

Yugito shook her head and explained, "Bee was teaching me how to use the traits and powers of my Biju. He said that apparently I wouldn't be ready for a Biju transformation, but I could utilize other aspects...I wanted to try using my blue flames in Taijutsu."

"Perhaps her loss of control was from my seal on her. That also would be why she couldn't do her transformation...so Bee-sama knew of my seal and lied to her." Naruto continued looking her over, following the path of the flame burns with his hand and didn't realize where he'd gone while he was thinking.

"Naruto..." Yugito said a little annoyed.

He looked to her "Yes, Yugito?" he said confused as to why she didn't look too happy.

"MOVE YOUR HAND!"

Naruto stammered a second and looked at where he was touching her and went wide-eyed "I-I'm so sorry, Yugito! I didn't mean to!"

"THEN STOP TOUCHING MY BOOB!"

Naruto quickly removed his hand and stepped away from her. "I apologize! I swear I didn't mean to!"

"Just let me take a shower." Naruto nodded and left the bathroom immediately. "Yikes...I didn't mean to do that..."

"Sure Kit. You totally didn't mean to."

"I DIDN'T!"

"Don't act like you didn't like it though."

"It was kinda n...SHUT UP KURAMA!"

Kurama snickered while Naruto reached in his drawer and grabbed some things. He went to the bathroom door and knocked before speaking from outside. "Yugito? I'm leaving some clothes outside the door for you. If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen, just holler."

She didn't say anything so he shrugged and left it be. After he finished cooking, Yugito had come in. She had one of his sky blue shirts on and his navy sweats. The difference though, was that some of her stomach was visible, as well as the sleeves ending a little before the ball of her wrists, when normally it hung over half his hand. The sweats also didn't reach her ankles and were exposed a couple inches. All in all, it displayed their differences in height and size.

"You look...good." Naruto said awkwardly while rubbing the back of his head.

"I'm sorry about my reaction to you...I know you weren't trying anything, I was just really surprised when you started touching me there that I responded with anger immediately."

"No no! Don't apologize! It was my fault entirely and I should have paid more attention. Take a seat, eat!" He guided her with his left hand on her lower back to a chair, and placed a plate of food that was in his right hand, in front of her.

"It's ok. I just overreacted."

"No you didn't! I was lost in thought and didn't pay any attention to what I was doing."

She grabbed his right hand gently and smiled. "Naruto, It's ok, really." He nodded slowly and went to the fridge. "It's kind of nice, how much you cared. I don't know who else would have been as apologetic as you."

"He's a good boy. Mischievous, yes, but he's got a good heart."

"He really does..."

Naruto opened up the scroll he was reading previously about the seal he found. Currently the task was recreating the formula, but also, looking to find any potential improvements. It really looked like a near flawless Jutsu. In some sense, Fuinjutsu could be seen as "flawless" but it really is circumstantial. It really can only be based on how you viewed it.

For Naruto, the dilemma was that it seemed that he could only trap one person with this technique. That and he'd need a way to set it up proficiently. The seal required that he throw blades into the ground around the target from above them and then do the signs...well, did it no longer work if he wasn't above the target?

Yugito finished eating and looked at Naruto, who was clearly deep in though as he looked at a scroll. Curiosity got the better of her and she went over to him. He didn't even notice that she was peering over his shoulder to look.

"What you lookin' at there?" She said suddenly making Naruto flinch slightly and turn to face her.

Her hands were behind her back as she stood. Most of her weight was on her left foot which was a little ahead of the other, making only the toes of her right foot be in contact with the ground. Her smile was intoxicating and her eyes seemed to shimmer as she looked into his gaze. All this made him seem to be at a loss as he didn't know what he was trying to say. After a little wait, he finally regained himself and smiled.

"A new Jutsu."

"Oh? What does it do?"

Naruto scratched the side of his head with his index finger and chuckled slightly. "Want to see?"

"Are you asking me to a spar, Naruto?"

He shrugged and tilt his head. "Sure. Let's go."

"I didn't really want to do this yet, but it does give me an opportunity to remove the seal." Naruto thought as he stood across from her.

The two were unmoving and just looking at one another. She had a light smirk while he was emotionless. For a few minutes, neither moved, she started things off by running at him and throwing three kunai at him. Naruto remained still, and flicked three shuriken over, blocking the kunai, making them land harmlessly on the ground. She jumped and spun to her left, swinging her right foot at his head.

Naruto ducked and as she landed, her back was facing him and she immediately went into a kick with her left foot, straight to his chest. He stepped back just in time but she immediately jumped into another right kick, this time connecting. Naruto stumbled as she charged again. Her kicking was just too rapid and was difficult for him to constantly dodge due to her great agility and flexibility, while not losing strength.

As she went for a right, switch kick, Naruto tossed a scroll up that she found odd. He rolled over to the right and sent a punch of his own that was blocked. Going for a kick, he got his ankle caught by her hand. Before she could do anything, the scroll came back down as he extended his arm and channeled chakra into it. In a puff of smoke, a Bo appeared in his hand and he slammed the end of it into her stomach. This made her let go of him and recoil in pain.

She was on her left knee, and he went for a downward swing, hoping to slam her head. Gritting her teeth from the pain, she rolled to the left and lunged at him. He wasn't expecting her to do that so she successfully tackled him to the ground by pouncing him. She was on her knees, between his legs and immediately, he wrapped his legs around her and reached up around her neck, pulling her into him.

He wanted to limit her mobility and gain time to figure out a way out. She had the huge advantage at the moment and his hold wouldn't past long as she knew how to work this aspect of fighting better than him.

When she got out, she smirked. "Look at that, got desperate so you hug me. Nice try Naruto, but that won't get me out of our spar."

"What?"

"You pulled me into a hug just now, admit it!" Yugito said smirking.

"What, no! That's not what it-" Naruto was punched in the cheek and he spit out blood. "You fuckin asshole."

She giggled and was surprised when he used all his strength and grabbed her and held her tightly to him and forced them over to the right, now he was on top of her, hovering over her waist.

"If you wanted to be on top, you only had to ask." She said with a massive smirk and his face was priceless to her.

"That's messed up, Kitten...you're psyching him out."

"I have to do whatever I can. He showed earlier that insinuating anything like that, throws him off."

"If you say so, just don't get carried away and lose because you wanted to be witty."

His eyes had went wide as his mouth continuously opened and closed, stammering to say something...anything...but nothing would come out. She giggled, drawing him out of his stupor and growled at her in irritation. "I am actually drawing reactions from him...this is odd...fun, I can see why he did it so much." She thought and watched as he winded up for another punch. She tilt her head over and reached up and pulled his head down to be by hers, but before she could do anything, since he had more freedom by being on her waist rather than her legs wrapped around his waist like his had been to her, he backed out, and his face came just an inch from her breasts as he regained his position.

Naruto looked her in the eye and she still had her smirk, beneath him. She punched at his face which he dodged, then sent a strike at his gut, making him lean forward. Her attempt to grab him into her control was avoided, being done with this position and wanting better control to end this, she planned to flip him over her. She brought her right leg up to push off with and help in thrusting her hips up to get him over her, but...she went too far and too fast and made a direct blow to his balls.

Naruto's eyes widened as his reaction was immediate. He slammed a fist into her chest and pushed off, rolling off to the side, not having the strength to stand or jump off her. Her eyes widened as she realized what she'd done and the hit he gave her wasn't that hard as he was just trying to get off her. Yugito's smirk immediately faded away, not that he could see since his eyes were tightly shut and was completely defenseless as his hands were covering his groin as he curled up slightly on the ground.

She sat up a bit, leaning on her elbow as she looked at him. Gently placing her right hand on his cheek, she rubbed her thumb against his whisker marks and smiled as he seemed to relax slightly. "I'm sorry, Naruto. I didn't mean to hurt you like that." He nodded slowly, eyes still shut and she giggled at a thought. "Think of it as payback for you touching up on me earlier." His eyes shot open and he glared at her, making her giggle again. "I am seriously sorry though..."

"It's...fine." He said with a slight groan.

"Your Taijutsu has come along so much further than when we were in the academy."

"It was my weak point, didn't want to be totally helpless in it."

She nodded in understanding and smiled as she realized that she was still tenderly rubbing his whisker marks without complaint from him. Apparently it was soothing to him. Something she didn't miss as it seemed that a light, gentle touch made the area sensitive.

"You know? You could take me breaking your wrist and leg without showing pain aside from a light wince...yet you crumble to this?"

"This is different, Yugito. Don't ask why, just is. No amount of training, or experience in being hit here makes it any easier."

"Well, you have lasted way longer than that first time." She said laughing.

Naruto shook his head at her "See what happens if I use my Fuinjutsu, let's see if that smirk remains."

Yugito stood up and helped him up with a confident smirk, "Is that a challenge, Naruto?" Despite acting confident, internally she was worried about how this would go. He was crazy dangerous when implementing Fuinjutsu because he was always many steps ahead. You could say that his most dangerous forms comes out through use of Fuinjutsu. Especially because it forces one to be precise.

He stared into her eyes and her smirk widened into a smile. He took a few steps back and got into position. This time, for once, Naruto took a stance, lowering himself slightly. His left foot was forward, right and brought to his chest with an open palm facing her, his left hand was also showing an open palm to her, however, was outstretched towards her.

"Now what style are you using? I've never seen it before."

Naruto said nothing as he concentrated. Her, being the confident one came first and he focused heavily on his chakra and her approach. Waiting until the last possible moment, he then side stepped her right punch and immediately acted. The wait was so she couldn't recover and immediately use her flexibility to attack him, thus leaving her open to him. With speed, he slammed his right palm into her upper ribs and then jumped back as she was in a spinning kick motion.

When her foot landed, she attempted to blitz him at full speed but he dodged effortlessly. She felt slower for some reason. "Why do I feel heavy?"

Naruto smirked at her and watched her come again. She went for a kick to his head and jumped for the momentum. Naruto gained a massive smile and he lowered himself and slammed his left palm into her inner left thigh, her landing was broken up but she landed on all fours.

"What's wrong, Yugi? You don't look too happy right now."

She tried to flicker behind him but couldn't. It was like she was anchored down. "Why can't I use my speed? What has he done to me?" Slowly getting up, she faced him with narrowed eyes. "First, don't you ever call me that again! Second, I'm going to destroy you and put an end to whatever you're doing!"

Naruto shook his head and sighed. He ran at her this time and began to try striking her. "He's had to slam his palm each time...if I can make sure he doesn't land a full palm strike, I should be ok."

She jumped back as he sent attack after attack. Trying to find a way to fight without being touched at all was something she hadn't ever tried accomplishing before. Still, keeping her confidence was important and knowing that she was the more experienced and skilled Taijutsu fighter was helping her keep a level head.

Yugito managed to catch his right wrist, followed by his left. She twist his arms outward which brought him both pain and immobility. Naruto's counter was to do a backflip to try to set his arms in correct position and pull as hard as possible. She and him were now going the same way, she rolled into a front flip and rather than land on her feet, she kicked him in the chest as hard as possible and sent him flying away. Landing on her back she smiled as she stood.

"Looks like you still can't beat me, even with whatever you've done."

Naruto slowly stood up and dusted himself off as he retook his stance. "I wouldn't say that, just yet. It hasn't been completed."

"What hasn't?"

Naruto didn't respond and cracked his neck before taking a deep breath. Regaining his focus he motioned for her to attack. The two both went at each other and he went to strike her in the upper chest, in line with her shoulders. She, recognizing this, lowers herself and tackles him to the ground. Yugito sat on his waist area and felt his left hand, having slapped her back.

"I-I can't move my arms for some reason! Why can't I do anything more than basic movements?! It makes no sense!"

Naruto panted very lightly as he smiled at her. "Now to finish." She looked confused until he brought his right hand forward and gently placed his hand on her left hip. At that moment, she couldn't move anymore. Not an inch. "There...It's over."

"W-What is this?"

Naruto shook his head and his left hand that was on her back, slid down to her other hip as he closed his eyes and just breathed. "Not now. You wear me out, you know that?" She said nothing as she sat on him, the weighing down was increasingly tiring the more she tried to fight it. "I find that funny, how anyone else, I barely break a sweat but you...you are a different story."

"How long will this last?"

"Until I release it...but it took so much concentration. I'm tired."

"Y-You think maybe we could move a bit? T-This is a little awkward...just sitting here and you know...your hands just...you just...well...you know..."

Naruto opened his eyes slightly and finally realized how they were. A part of him began to feel something and before the feeling could take hold and start showing itself physically, he rolled over to the side, and using his left arm he gently lowered her to the ground beside him. His right arm was still on her hip, so he brought it onto his shoulder as his own makeshift resting place for his head. So her head wasn't on the floor, he had her resting on the bend of his elbow.

"Before I drift off, are you comfortable, Yugito?"

She nodded and watched as immediately he fell asleep in front her. He looked so calm, so peaceful at the moment and it seemed that all that hidden sadness and loneliness seemed to not be present. This was a Naruto that seemed genuinely at ease...at least that's what she felt. Yugito knew that she was no mind reader, but couldn't help but feel like he was in a far better place now. After a little bit, she drifted to sleep, not from exhaustion but because there was nothing else she could do and staring at him sleep the entire time might be weird...

After a good two hours, eyes opened and in front of him was a sleeping Yugito. "Now that I've relaxed, I can release that seal, and then the other ones too."

"For it being your first time using it in actual fighting, I'd say you did well."

"Yes. I need more practice though. It takes a great deal of concentration and chakra control."

"You've got a little time left before you depart back to Konoha...what will you do now?"

"Not sure. Train more, most likely."

"Take your friend here into the village, Kit."

"Why?"

"I can tell she is very tense. It could help calm her. You don't want her having problems going into these exams, into Konoha."

"Very well. You make a good point, Kurama."

"I know I do...maybe you'll finally realize it though too? Unlikely..." Kurama thought and land his head on his crossed arms as he went to sleep.

Naruto brought his right hand and placed it on her upper back, in the center of her shoulder blades and concentrated. "Kai." He said quietly and a slight glow appeared before fading away. "Now you can access that chakra. Onto the others." Naruto released the one on her back, then her inner ribs and now he looked a little concerned. Slowly he reached for her left leg that over lapped the right, when he touched it, she slid her leg upwards and now there was room but it also was a bit distracting.

"She is really pretty...I'd known but like everything at the moment just makes her so cu...not now, Naruto. Focus." He shook his head and reached for her inner thigh and released the seal. The last one was her hip and he did it rather easily. Now he sat up, bringing her up as well and surprisingly, she didn't awake. Sighing he brought his right arm to her inner knees, and picked her up, bridal style, and rested her head on his left shoulder as he carried her sleeping form. "Man...I carry her so much...I need to start taking payments. I'm not a free taxi."

Shaking his head, he continued walking with a small smile. The thought that crossed his mind the most was that of Kira's Jutsu...and how nice it would be at the moment. The convenience in such a Jutsu would be so great. To immediately be transported from one location to another. He would like it so much but at the same time, maybe there was a reason why the Jutsu wasn't used much.

When he got to the house he laid her on the couch and went to the kitchen. Taking out a raspberry tea he leaned against the fridge. "Do I still need to always pretend? I know I said I would...but is the act necessary?"

"Kit, if someone truly cares for you, it matters not your persona. Just a feeling the two of you have."

"But...what does that even mean?"

"Odd. Isn't it? To not understand. Must be frustrating."

"Intriguing. Kurama...Not understanding means I get to learn. Thing is, I'm not sure how you go about learning this."

"There is no 'learning' this in the way you think. It is all experience and time. I will tell you, that sometimes it will bring more pain, but if you're honest...You'll find those that truly care for you and will stick by your side till the end of time."

Naruto nodded and sighed with a sip. "Funny how I am worried about this and stuff."

"You're human. It is normal. You are different yes, but in the end, human nonetheless. Besides, if anything ever goes wrong, you've got me."

Naruto walked back into the living room and saw as Yugito's hair was all in her face. He chuckled lightly and went to her. Kneeling beside her, he gently brushes the hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. The gesture seemed to get her to awake and she smiled at seeing him.

"Hello, Naruto."

"Hey there. You may rest here if you like, or use the bed. Tomorrow, we'll head out and find entertainment."

"We are?" She looked at him curiously as he never seemed like someone to want to do such things.

He nodded and smiled. "It can do us some good. I'll see you tomorrow."

She fell back asleep and he entered his training room. After a brief meditation, he took a deep breath and in a puff of smoke, summoned the sword. When he finally went to unsheathe it, nothing happened. It was surprising to him that that was the case and he twirled the katana to see if anything would be different.

"What is the problem?" Naruto thought and decided to channel his chakra with the sword. Upon doing so, a white aura left the sword and surrounded him. It had a cold feeling and it felt odd. "So it reacts to my chakra..."

"It works in a sense of synchronization. You channeling your chakra let it sync up with your chakra. Giving an enhancement."

Naruto nodded and went through some katas. Despite there not being a difference in how he performed the movements, and the power he put into each slash than normal, it felt more powerful than before. More testing would need to be done, but the question then became a matter of what his sword could do now. It obviously wouldn't be a normal katana anymore...so what were it's hidden powers?

"Just be careful, you don't want to accidentally over do anything until you know it's full capabilities."

"I understand...Kurama?"

"Yes?"

"When do we start with your chakra?"

"You've gotten a good grasp over the normal abilities that are rather passive. I just am worried about whether or not you can handle my power. My power has a darkness that can consume anybody. Even though I have no plans to ever corrupt you, my chakra is dangerous no matter what. Being consumed by my power will not only lead to a rampage, but when you recover, you will also lose time on your life."

"Huh...interesting. Well is there any way that you could control the flow of your chakra for me rather than me pulling on it. At least until I can handle your power?"

"Yes...but we will start very slow, Kit. This will not be something you rush. Even if you think you could take more, we will not risk it."

"I understand, Kurama."

"Begin meditating. Listen to my voice...follow where it leads you...Let your mind drift further and further into the void that you are entering..."

When Naruto opened his eyes, he no longer was in the normal mindscape. All around him was large see through tanks with some sort of red bubbling liquid substance within them. There was nine in total and beneath him was a red ocean that he seemed to stand above but never truly touched. Above him was a blue lake and it was like the sky but never reached a horizon, he could see where it ended, unlike the ocean he stood above.

"What is this?" Naruto said as he looked around.

"This Naruto, is to help you better understand my chakra. Above you is the representation of your total chakra reserves. And below you-"

"Is yours." Kurama nodded and Naruto looked to the tanks. "And these? What is the point of this?"

"Nine stages. Once you reach the ninth and have it mastered, the ocean below you will be accessible to you."

"So...each tank is like one tail of your power?"

"No. Where the hell did that thought come from?"

"Doesn't your power come in stages...or tails to be more specific."

"No. The amount of power that you can use is not based on tails. That would be true for the other Biju, but not me. The reason I am a more special case is because not only my chakra infinite in a sense, but my power is stronger to you because our chakras merge together. So the amount of power is not based on tails-"

"But what I can convert into my own without losing control." Kurama nodded again and Naruto took a breath. "That time I rampaged...how much did I pull?"

"See the first tank?" Naruto nodded "I've always had my power divided like this. So you entered the power accessible through that tank. It is the least usable amount of my chakra, but is more than the Ichibi's total."

"So I still need to master an entire Biju's amount of chakra?! Are you serious?"

"Yes. That is why I have been reluctant in having you learn to use my power."

"Ok, ok, ok...Last time I pulled on the full extent of the tank by accident...now that we are planning this, could we treat it like a faucet and let it run slowly?"

"We could. Remember though, it must be constantly flowing through you for you to begin mastering it's effects. So there isn't such a thing as only getting a drop and closing the flow. It will always need to be open and constantly come. It being slower will help you maintain control, just know that stopping it's flow to gain control does nothing for you."

"I see. When will it be considered mastered?"

"When you can let the flood gates open and run through you fully with ease."

Naruto nodded and left the mindscape. He went upstairs and saw Yugito no longer on the couch. Slowly entering his room, he saw her sleeping in his bed. With a shrug, he slowly closed the door gently and went to sleep on the couch. The other rooms were unfurnished so the couch or bed were the only two options. When Naruto awoke, the next morning, he showered and wore his normal outfit, just without the short sleeved hoodie. After making breakfast, was around the time that Yugito had come out and he placed a plate of food in front of her to eat.

"Thank you, Naruto."

"Of course."

"So what are the plans for today?" She asked, and honestly, Yugito was really curious since Naruto wasn't one for doing anything that didn't serve his training or studying. So to say they'd go through the village today...well that was odd. For all she knew him, Naruto only ever studied seals, trained, or sat admiring nature from some really sweet spots. In some ways, it seemed that he lived more within his mind, than the world that was around him. Perhaps, that really was what it was...Naruto just potentially didn't care for the world living all around him? But he said he cared about her...so what was it?

"Uh...Yugito? You good?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well...you just dropped some egg in your shirt and didn't even seem to notice..."

Yugito went wide-eyed and looked down to see that indeed, egg had fallen into her shirt. She pulled her shirt away from her body and caught the egg as it fell past her stomach. She looked up to see an amused Naruto and she threw the egg chunk at him. "Stop with that smug expression!"

"HEY! NO NEED TO WASTE THAT! YOU COULD AT LEAST STILL EAT IT." Naruto said with a smile, looking like he was on the verge of laughing.

"I don't know what has brought this change in him...but it's actually kind of nice. He seems livelier than he did before, less distant. He seems reachable for once." All of them had felt like Naruto was just some faraway mountain...even though he would be right next to them. It seemed that now, he was finally in the present, with her and not miles away. "So what are your plans?"

"Ummm...maybe we go to Ray's. I think the place is good. Then maybe...I don't we'll cross that bridge when it comes."

Yugito nodded and smiled. "You should really work on your planning."

"My planning is just fine I think. It manages to make all of you fall for my goals." Naruto said with a slightly quirked eyebrow and a tiny frown.

Shaking her head, Yugito giggled. "No, not in battle Naruto. I'm talking about just a normal day. A normal plan amongst friends. Like planning a date, or get together."

"..." Naruto tilt his head, "What do you mean?"

Yugito stood up and grabbed his hand before dragging him outside and running him to the top of his cliff to the tree where he frequently looked out from. "If we started here, as a meet up, we could spend some time here but then you'd need some place to go to next. Something to do next."

"Why? This is a nice place."

"Yes. It is." She said nodding. "But that isn't the point, Naruto. If you are having a gathering, you could probably stay in a single place if it fits what you are doing...Ok think about it like this, It is only me and you ok? You said we were going to have fun today, knowing a place for lunch or dinner is good, but there is more than just that."

"I...I don't think I get your point."

"How? You literally know everything!"

"I don't...I just know a lot about what interests me."

Yugito giggled and took his hands in hers. "Ok, well you're interested in battle, since you can plan out each stage of it from before it even starts."

Naruto shook his head. "Not the battle itself. The only battles I like are yours." She smiled at that and he then tilt his head. "In some ways my planning is so that I don't have to fight."

"Say what? How does that make sense?"

"Well Yugito, think about it like this. Last battle, I did it without having to fight at all. I just lured Rin into a seal I placed and one without needing to do anything but run."

Yugito nodded. "Ok then. Makes sense...I guess. But you know how you've had every step planned? It is similar to that with this type of thing, just not so meticulous. All you need to plan are locations and when, then the with who."

"You people are complicated. It is easier to just coast by."

Naruto began to turn away to look into the distance when she grabbed onto his hands tighter then brought her left hand to the right side of his face, turning him back to her. "But then you would only be going back to your loneliness, Naruto. You have to put in effort if you want everyone to stay around. They have thus far...but until you put that same effort that they have, there is potential that in the end...you'll be left all alone."

Naruto gained a frown and seemed aggravated. He pulled away, freeing his hands and turned away from her. "Well, it wouldn't be the first time. If you want to leave, go ahead!"

Yugito frowned and stepped to him, and gently took his left hand into her right and gently pulled him to her. She hugged him and spoke softly. "That is not what I meant, Naruto. I'm sorry...but it can happen. You have this tendency to run off into solitude and pushing everybody away the very moment you become uncomfortable."

"I don't need to lis-"

Yugito held him tighter. "Just listen to me, Naruto. Please?" Naruto sighed and relaxed as her embrace lightened a little. "Every time things get hard, every time it is uncomfortable, you run away. You fall back into isolation and seclusion. I understand that it is a place of comfort...but that is false. Naruto, you were forced into that back then, I don't know everything, and I am not asking you to tell me all about it...but you need to understand the difference. You weren't running to comfort, but safety those years ago. You have mixed up thinking that safety and comfort are the same...they are not. The two can be similar and will eventually be on same levels...but the two are not the exact same. More times than not, to find your place of comfort, is to take a risk, to open up and allow the potential of danger. There will be times that it will hurt, trust me, not everything is perfect...but there are times like...like us. You told me you cared for me, and there was chance that I could have only hurt you, but I didn't, I care about you too. You took a chance at being honest with me and in the end, we've become friends, to me you're a bond I don't want to lose."

"You-"

"Shh, I'm not done. As far as I know, I'm not sure who else, you've been honest to and opened up with other than Omoi. See, we know how you feel, and that is why we will always remain...but Samui, and Karui...they don't Naruto. And when we've all been together, you are so distant that you seem uninterested...to them that could hurt and eventually they'll give up on trying to form a bond with you. Know why? It is because you forced them to. Not by wanting to, but your actions Naruto. Actions speak louder than words ever can...That is why I said, you'll return to being lonely one day, if you stay the way you are. This time, it will hurt more...because you will have created that loneliness all on your own. It wouldn't be forced on you...You've endured a lot, and took more just for me...You have shown me that you truly do care about me, and that is why I will never try to purposely hurt you. I want you to be happy, truly, genuine happiness is what I want for you. The thing in your way, is that habit you have. Against every other obstacle, you tackle it head on...but when it comes to your feelings, you run away. Naruto...sooner or later, you'll see that you can't truly run away. Why? Because you cannot escape yourself. At that point, it'll be too late. So please, Naruto...listen to what I've said..."

Yugito began to step away but Naruto wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. Almost as if he were to let loose even slightly, she would slip away from him. "I don't want to lose you, I don't want to go back to what it was like...I promise, I will become better."

Yugito smiled and returned the hug again. "I will be there with you, always."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Stand By Me Aya

Фанфик

285K 8.6K 36
What happens when two heirs of two noble clans clash? This story is a romantic journey between Aya Hyuga, and Itachi Uchiha.
892 40 37
❝ you want to keep this going between us? ❞ ❝ madara, let's continue this tomorrow. ❞ he's supposed to be looking for a wife to keep his image and bl...
5.1K 253 12
Kurai Ookami is on a mission for her clan. To kill Kakashi Hatake of the Leaf. Her only problem is a picture she has of her mother and the White Fang...
9.4K 208 11
Sfter being separated from Tanjiro and Zenitsu after a fight against a demon, Nezuke and Inosuke have to work together to get back to them, but while...