1.2| Until Death Parts Us

Autorstwa aandersonwrites

Briar Addison is a beautiful and intelligent young girl. She's always been told to act a certain way, as her... Więcej

00| authors note
00| cast
00| character aesthetics
00| prologue
01| you do sound like a stalker
02| princess
03| red roses & caramel lattes
04| angelic
05| movie antics
06| sugar plum fairy
07| fine dining
08| butterflies
09| britney bitch
10| that's my type
11| when the party's over
12| remington andrews
13| forever soulmates
14| swooning season
15| my girl
16| wanna join?
18| love that burns
19| and then i remembered
20| new york city baby
epilogue

17| red roses & white lilies

2K 79 24
Autorstwa aandersonwrites

THE SUNLIGHT BEAMED on the faces of Everett Kaine and Briar Addison as they cuddled in his bed. Briar's small frame was pressed up against Everett's as his arms were wrapped around her. They were both awake, yet they stayed in silence enjoying the comfort of each other's presence.

It was now the morning of Briar's show. To say that she was nervous would be an understatement. All night, she kept on thinking what if I fall over? What if I forget the next steps?

The only person she had told about the show was Everett. It's not like she didn't trust Bexley and Rowan, she just felt better knowing that Everett was the only person that knows since her parents would ground her for life if they found out about this.

A lot could happen during one show. Who knows what is happening behind the scenes?

•••

Everett thought that Briar truly looked like an angel sent from above. The costume that she was wearing managed to make her look even more enchanting than before. The pink hues of the costume glistened under the light in her dressing room, the silver sparkles managing to catch his eye.

Briar was sat in front of her vanity table, applying some much needed highlighter and blush. In the mirror, Briar could see Everett sitting on the couch behind her as he studied her with a small smile. She rolled her eyes playfully at his staring before focusing back on highlighting her cheekbones.

"Darling, you look truly beautiful," Everett's words instantly made a grin appear on Briar's face. His sweet words never went unmissed nor forgotten.

"Thank you," Briar replied as she smiled softly back at him. "I don't think I say it enough, but you too are a truly beautiful person, Ev, even if you don't see nor believe it yourself."

"You're right," Everett scoffed as he looked down at his fumbling hands. "I don't believe it."

"Well, I will keep on saying it until you do," Briar chuckled.

"Why?" Everett's voice broke slightly. Briar's brows furrowed at the sound, never seeing this side of Everett before.

"Because I think you are a beautiful person, inside and out," Briar began as she turned around to face him. "I know that you have had a hard life Ever, but I want you to know that no matter what happens, we will always be together because I will love you until death parts us."

Briar's words made Everett's head shoot up so fast he nearly got whiplash. Before he could say anything, Briar continued.

"Before I met you, I would hear people calling you a psychopath because you have no feelings," Everett scoffed out a laugh at her words. "But when I met you...all of those names and rumours flew out of the window. You, Everett Kaine, make me feel things that run so deep, I don't think they will ever leave."

Briar' eyes began watering at the sight of her broken boyfriend in front of her.

"You have helped me realise that I am a strong person and that I don't have to be a pushover. You helped me stand up to my parents, you took me in when they kicked me out," Briar sniffled as she sucked in a breath to prevent the tears from falling and ruining her make-up.

After that dinner at her house, Everett finally convinced her to stand up to her parents and tell them that she doesn't want to be with George to keep up appropriate social statuses and that she wants to be with Everett. Of course, neither her parents nor the Henderson's were pleased with this, so her parent's obviously kicked her out and she now lives with Everett. Briar was really upset about the whole situation, but like always she had Everett, Bexley and Rowan there to support her.

"You don't just make me feel Everett, I love you and I will continue loving you until I take my last breath, and even then I will still love you after."

Everett stood up and walked towards Briar who was still sitting down. He crouched before her, taking her hands into his and placing small kisses on them.

"I really have corrupted you haven't I?" Everett mused earning a small chuckle from Briar.

"You, Briar Addison, have completely ruined my life in the best possible way," a confused look formed on her face at his words. "Before I met you, I had a good thing going. The only person I talked to was Row because she's my sister, I used to get provoked really easily in any fight...I didn't feel. But then I just kept on running into the princess who stole my heart and completely ruined my life for the better," Briar smile brightened and squeezed his hands.

"So, I love you with all of my heart, and I will continue loving you until the end of time."

Everett leaned in and captured her lips in his, savouring in the moment of her sweet taste. Both of them were basking in their most precious moment yet because you never know when that happiness could disappear.

•••

The crowd's applause subsided as the show began. Everett was sat in the middle of the crowd, searching the stage for his girl. To be quite honest, Everett was bored. He loves Briar with all of his heart, but he was struggling to stay awake as he waited for her to come on.

The crowd once again began making sounds of approval and wonder, so Everett instantly looked to the stage. There, he saw his very own sugar plum fairy dancing her cute little heart out. Just by the look on Briar's face, Everett could tell that this was it. This is what Briar should be doing, not running a business.

Briar should never be put behind a desk or running errands for someone. She should be on her feet in her pointe shoes and dancing until she simply couldn't anymore. As hard as it is, she should be dancing until her feet are bleeding because that is what Briar lives for. The pain that she must go through in order to become the best of the best.

Everett could just picture her now in a famous ballet show, he wouldn't know which one because he knows fuck all about ballet, but he could just imagine how amazing she would be. She would be dancing in all the famous places, and Everett would come along just to see that look on her face all the time. And because he fucking loves her.

The way she moves her body is mesmerising. She really is like a fairy when she dances, enchanting, elegant, and desirable. Everett could see the way she focuses on every move, holding her balance when needed. He could see how well she danced along with the music, never missing a single beat as she did every step perfectly.

Everett, for the first time in his life, could actually see clearly.

•••

Briar bowed elegantly on the stage with all the other dancers as the crows cheered for them. Her smile never faded as she glided along the stage and back towards her dressing room. She bid a quick goodbye to some of the dancers and they all congratulated each other.

She walked into her dressing room and instantly took off her pointe shoes before wrapping them up. Next, she took off her costume and placed her silk robe over her undergarments. As she approached the vanity, a blur of red filled her eyes. She stopped in her tracks to see what had caught her eye.

Besides the vanity stood her dresser with her water bottle and a few cards of congratulations. However, what she doesn't remember putting there is a vase of red roses with a small white card placed in the middle.

Her mind immediately went to Everett and how sweet he was getting her flowers for her big show. She also thought that he knew that she didn't like red roses, but she shook it off in case he forgot. As she began approaching the flowers, a knock on her door halted her movements. After a few seconds, Briar saw the face of her boyfriend come on with a big smile adorning his features. Although it wasn't his smile that caught her attention, it was the bouquet of white lilies that he was holding. Her favourite flowers.

Before either of them could say anything, Briar rushed over to the roses and picked up the card.

'FOR MY LITTLE FAIRY.'

All that Briar could think was who would send her red roses when Everett was the only person who knew about the show?

She remembers receiving a bouquet of red roses a few months ago, but from who?

Status: unedited

The end is near my friends! Idk how many more chapters, possibly 6?

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

10.1K 656 92
(A Criminal Minds Fanfic {Dr. Spencer Reid}) Book 2 in the "Psychosis" series. As long as the members of the BAU have known her, Ciara Byrne has kep...
4.3K 33 44
Some people kill for attention. Some people kill to build fear. Y/N? She kills for family. Loosing most of her family, Y/N's guilt and grief forces h...
6.2M 184K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...
4.3K 381 30
"Never Before have I struggled to leave but that was until he decided to stay." °•°•° Amber Night is not really fond of running from one town to anot...