Robbing the decade between us

De Antusama

"Girl, I'm not kidding. I'm actually going to kill you,"Baekhyun said while pointing his gun straight at her... Mai multe

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 13

189 11 0
De Antusama

"I'm so so ready for this!"

Baekhyun said while smirking and looking at the white board where he planned about his next mission. Taehyung had sent him all the information about his target. Everything. She's being kept an eye on by one of their gang members. Baekhyun's job is to sneakily replace her rare and expensive emerald ring with a fake one.

Lee Miri, that was the name of his target. She is engaged to one of the richest businessmen in Korea. When they got engaged he proposed with this beautiful emerald ring. It's their family heirloom, passed onto them by generations. The value of the emerald would stand at millions at this time and age.

Being loved by such a rich person who gives you their family heirloom should be enough to keep anyone loyal to him. But apparently not Miri, she was the definition of a gold digger who was still going behind his back, abusing drugs, doing all sort of illegal activities and cheating on him. She is pretty sneaky about it. She doesn't do any of that in Seoul. She chooses to sneak out at night and come to small towns where no one knows her and has her fun there.

A small and really shady club at Goyang named 'Club Inje' is one of her favorite places to come. A lot of illegal stuff happens at this very club. They apparently don't even check ids properly. She brings two bodyguards along with her so even if she loses herself, still no one can steal her emerald ring. That isn't too necessary because in small towns like this no one cares that much about jewelry, no one recognizes her so no one notices how expensive her ring is. They think of it like any other normal ring.

Baekhyun brainstormed for a few days and made a plan. He got news that Miri is going to come to the club at Goyang this week. This is his chance. His gang leader Yunho called him and told him to get the ring by the end of the week without creating too much buzz about it because Baekhyun is still in danger of getting caught.

Baekhyun came up with a perfect plan. He told Taehyung to get someone to make a perfect replica of the ring so that no one notices the changes easily. Getting it made perfect wasn't easy, but after a few trial and errors their craftsman managed to make a perfect replica and Taehyung delivered it to him. That night Baekhyun would go to the club, seduce her, take her to a hotel of something, spike her drink, exchange her ring and then leave the next morning to not seem suspicious.

This isn't normally Baekhyun's style. He wants people to know when he successfully steals something but with this, people wouldn't know the real ring is stolen for a long time, at least until the color starts fading on the fake ring. But Baekhyun is playing it safe this time.

The only dangerous thing about this mission is that his face would be showing. Aside from that it is probably the easiest mission ever. Lee Miri's infidelity and characteristic problems are making this mission a cake walk for Baekhyun. But still Baekhyun is really excited to execute this mission. He is confident that this would be a success.

Baekhyun quickly turned the white board over when he heard a knock at his door.

"Come in!" Baekhyun shouted while sitting on his bed.

Jian opened the door and peaked inside,"I'm going to the grocery store. Do you need anything?"

Baekhyun smiled,"No."

Jian frowned,"Your smile is creeping me out,"she paused,"Did something good happen?"

"Probably?"Baekhyun smiled again.

"Okay,"Jian rolled her eyes and was about to close the door and leave.

Baekhyun was a bit disappointed that Jian didn't ask further. He was excited to tell her that he has a mission. He wouldn't tell her the details but he wanted her to know that he isn't what she thinks he is. He isn't that uncool boomer that she always calls him.

Jian's grandma gave Jian a whole list of groceries. Putting all the groceries in the cart took quite awhile but she was done. While she was pushing the cart, ready to take it to the cash counter she stopped in front of the ice cream freezer. As she looked inside she could see Bingbing ice creams.

Oh, Baekhyun likes these.

Jian opened the freezer and grabbed a few of these ice creams and was about to put them in the cart.

Hold on a fucking minute, what am I doing?

Why do I know what ice cream he likes? And why am I trying to buy it?

Jian frowned.

It's because he kept singing 'Bingbingbingbongbongbongbingbing' right in front of my ear while eating it, isn't it?

Jian looked at the ice creams again. She hates these ice creams. They are too sweet for her taste.

Not only is he weird but his taste is also weird.

Jian shook her head and cursed at herself in her mind. She really doesn't understand why she was about to get the ice creams even though he didn't ask her to. And she feels like shit for even knowing his favorite ice cream.

She kept the ice creams back in the freezer, quite angry at herself and then pushed her cart towards the counter.

After a few seconds she sighed, walked backwards, stood in front of the freezer and put a few bingbing ice creams in her cart.

She really doesn't know why she did it but she was heavily convincing herself that these are for herself to try because she might suddenly start liking what she thinks she absolutely dislikes.

When she got back and was putting the groceries away, Baekhyun came down in the kitchen to get a snack. He spotted the ice creams she kept in the pile of groceries she kept on the kitchen counter.

"Oh!" Baekhyun said and grabbed one of them,"Thanks for these! I really love these."

"Oh. You like these?"Jian asked keeping a straight face,"They were on sale and I brought them wondering how bad they might be that they were on a sale.."

"They're really good! Oh come on, you should've brought more,"Baekhyun said.

Jian rolled her eyes while putting the vegetables in the fridge.

"Maybe I shall go and get a few more as they're on sale.."

"NO!"Jian shouted while widening her eyes in the fear of getting caught for her lie. This whole situation is so stupid, Jian couldn't believe it. She turned around to face Baekhyun to try and justify her sudden outburst,"These taste like raw sugar, why pile them in the fridge? And the sale probably ended already."

This sounds so stupid, wtf Jung Jian?

Baekhyun chuckled while eating his ice cream.

"What?"Jian frowned.

"How long are you gonna keep this up?" Baekhyun asked,"I know there was no sale and that you brought them for me. It's okay to care for other people, Jian."

Jian frowned,"You have a wild imagination, Byun. Why would I bring these for you out of all people. I brought them for me. And hid it from you because I already expressed how much I hate these to you already and that you'd start teasing me and start singing that stupid bingbingbongbong song that'd stay in mind for the next God knows how long..because it's catchy as fuck! In conclusion these are freaking not for you but you can eat them if you want because thanks to you my appetite dropped."

Jian took a deep breath after she was done and looked at him.

He smirked,"Sure. Whatever you say. And this is probably the longest paragraph you said in the last six months."

Jian rolled her eyes,"Get outta the kitchen."

And then she turned around to continue what she was doing. Baekhyun still didn't leave, continued to eat his ice cream while leaning against the wall.

"Hey,"Baekhyun broke the silence. He looked like he really wanted to say something.

Jian didn't reply, knowing if he has something to tell her, he would tell her anyway.

"I'm going on a mission very soon,"Baekhyun said while smiling proudly.

Well, explains why he's so happy since this morning.

"So?"Jian asked unamused.

"It's going to be a big one," Baekhyun said,"When it's revealed the whole Korea would be shocked."

"Uh Huh?"Jian again said, totally unamused.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, disappointed at her reaction,"It's gonna be this week."

"Okay,"Jian was finally done, she was about to exit the kitchen.

"Would it hurt you to sometimes show a tiny bit of interest?" Baekhyun asked,"I mean I won't tell you the whole thing anyway but still.."

Jian turned back to him and raised her eyebrows,"Listen Mr. Night Rain, I couldn't have given a single flying fuck about and getting myself in trouble for being involved with a pathet.."

"Don't finish that sentence if you wanna live.."

"..ic thief,"Jian said,"who thinks he's good at everything but doesn't know what 'vibe check' means."

"Ouch.."

"If you want appreciation..go online and read comments your fan club girls wrote for you. Oh! Imagine being a thief and having a fan club, can't relate!"

Baekhyun shook his head and punched his chest where his heart is dramatically,"This pierced right through my heart."

Jian rolled her eyes and Baekhyun laughed.

"By the way, your perspective of me will change soon,"Baekhyun said while smiling,"God, I'm really excited for this mission."

"Yeah, whatever."

With that Jian left the kitchen. She really doesn't think Baekhyun as a small or pathetic thief. She has read about all his missions online and they're big. She just says it to get on Baekhyun's nerves. She really is curious to know what's Baekhyun's mission this time. But there's no way she's gonna ask him because she knows he would start act cocky. And that's really unbearable.

God, I really wonder that mission is!

A few days passed by and soon the day of Baekhyun's mission came. Jian couldn't help but notice how excited he was for this mission the whole week. That night Baekhyun was going to the mission, grandma was staying at the hospital for some checkups and Jaemin and Chenle were out with their parents. Jian had the whole house to herself for the night. She also was excited for this. She would play video games, catch up with shows she couldn't watch and get food for herself that she won't have to share with anyone. She was really looking forward to the night.

At 7 in the evening Baekhyun came down from his room, all dressed up for his mission. His bangs were replaced with slicked back hair, his loose T-shirts were replaced with dress shirts, the first few buttons were undone and his round glasses weren't in sight. He looked good and he knew it. He had a huge smirk on his face as he stood in front of Jian.

He looked just like the first night she met him. Insanely handsome.

"Do I look good?"Baekhyun asked, doing a little spin.

Jian shrugged.

Baekhyun didn't let that ruin his mood. He looked at his watch.

Jian raised her brows,"Is that a Rolex?"

Baekhyun smirked without answering.

"If you're so rich than why can't you just get another hideout.."

"Stop trying to ruin my mood,"Baekhyun said,"It's about time now, I should get going. Will you be okay alone?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Jian asked.

"To be honest I'm a little worried about leaving you alone the whole night.."

"Don't. Focus on your oh so important mission."

Baekhyun genuinely looked worried, Jian didn't like it one bit.

"I will be fine, I was also fine when an intruder broke into my house at 3.."

"Oh my God, Can you stop talking about that?"Baekhyun sighed and shook his head.

This brought a slight smile on Jian's lips which she hid before he saw.

"Will you really be okay? I really didn't know grandma would have to stay at the hospital tonight...I for some reason have a bad feeling about this.."

"I will be fine, Byun. Please for God's sake focus on your goddamn mission and don't you dare blame me if you fail it."

"There's literally no way I'm going to fail this mission, Jung Jian. I never fail. That's my pride."

"Yeah, whatever. Now go,"Jian said while pushing him towards the shoe rack. Baekhyun sighed and put his shoe on.

And then he looked at her again worriedly,"Are you su.."

"Oh my God just.."

"Okay okay fine..I'm gonna go now. Take care," Baekhyun said and turned around to the door.

Jian contemplated on saying it and decided to finally say it quickly," Best-of-luck-for-your-mission."

Baekhyun stopped abruptly and turned around while smirking,"What'd you say? I didn't quite hear it."

Jian frowned. She knows he totally heard and understood what she said.

She just walked towards him pushed his shoulders and pushed him out of the door.

"Hey!" Baekhyun complained.

"Bye,"With that Jian slammed the door shut.

She could hear Baekhyun's giggle from outside.

"Stay safe!" Baekhyun shouted from the outside before actually going to wherever his mission would take place.

Jian was really pleased. It's been about an hour and a half since Baekhyun left. She has the whole house to himself. She played loud music, danced around, ordered food and played video games. But suddenly something very bad started happening.

Jian's worst nightmare was coming true.

She could hear lightning even when she had her headphones on. She could see dark clouds gathering on the sky. It was about to rain. Very heavily.

Oh no.

There were no reports of it raining as a possibility. Then surely grandma wouldn't leave her alone. The sky was so clear even a few minutes ago, it's early for the rainy season too. Why is this happening? It's gonna start raining in a few minutes.

Jian was starting to feel restless, scared, alone. She couldn't breathe or think properly. All she knew was that she needed to get out of there and go to a place with a lot of people.

She thought of going to grandma's hospital. But it's too far and she doesn't want to worry her. And on top of that this is the only day she gets proper rest. Jian doesn't want to ruin that.

Jian quickly changed her clothes to appear as mature as possible and ran out of the house before it actually started raining. She quickly grabbed a taxi and headed towards her destination.

On her way she called her grandma up and told her that she's totally fine and not to worry about her. She even lied saying that she was going to Jaemin's house. Her voice sounded really convincing even though her insides were screaming. She was trying everything in her to not lose her mind completely.

She was just praying in her mind that she doesn't start getting flashbacks again. She closed her eyes in the back of the taxi and covered her ears to stop listening to the thunder. She was just hoping that the rain doesn't start before she reaches her location.

But the luck wasn't on her side.

The rain started pouring down while she was in the taxi.

Oh no.

She squeezed her eyes shut and prayed to God that the memories don't start flooding in. The memories that stays locked up, the feelings she doesn't normally show started slowly to seep out. Guilt, sadness, hopelessness, pain.

She could hear the oh so familiar voice in her head. A sentence repeating over and over in an endless loop.

"Jian-ah, I'm sorry."

Tears were about to start to fall down from her eyes. Her head felt like it would burst any second.

U..u..unn..

"We're here,"The taxi driver announced finally while stopping the taxi.

Jian finally opened her eyes and quickly paid the driver and got out to run in the place as soon as possible, without caring for the rain.

As long as she gets in this place, the loud music, the crowd of people and everything would keep her from listening from the sound of the rain and from all the memories and dark thoughts.

Before running in she glanced at the sparkly sign for the place.

Club Inje.

___________________________

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

16.8K 829 34
'While taking you out of this misery that your life is now bearing, and keeping you by my side until your world starts clearing, I'll love you uncon...
5.7K 396 26
❝ why are you staring at me like that? it's making me nauseous ❞
5.3K 697 44
The title itself suggest that that this is going to be funny.... Those of you who haven't read my other book on exo... it's also exo scenarios but...
712 9 12
Of course Park Jimin's roommate, Kim Taehyung decides to throw a party for themselves on the last day of high school for the seniors. But then, it ge...