First Capo: Athelo Brown

Mend_Han tarafından

"When desire destroys the family" ───────────────────── Athelo's father came home with the woman he's been lu... Daha Fazla

Step Ahead
Prologue
Characters
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter One

126 9 0
Mend_Han tarafından

────────────────────

Chapter One
Drink The Night Away

────────────────────

It was a loud and busy night. The speakers covered the sound of chattering from the sobber and drunk people who were too busy enjoying their chats and drink to even bother to notice that a famous person has entered the building.

Wearing a white polo shirt tucked under his pants, a black jacket hung loosely on his shoulders as he let his stressful night dwell at the club. Like he always does whenever stress bites his back.

Purple and green lights blinded his eyes as soon as he entered. Wasting no time, he walked towards the direction of the bar, like usual.

Oceanic eyes admired the satisfying stacks of bottles in the entire wall of the bar, which come in different shapes and colors. He didn't fail to notice the aesthetic design.

His tall figure found its way to a random seat, muscles flexing under the thin white material of his polo. He runs his fingers through his jet-black silky hair, black as the night and dark as his soul. The red light from the led lights attached to the counter helped his features to be visible to the naked eye.

Strong features, a well-defined jawline, boxy lips, and thick brows completed his fierce gaze. No doubt that the creators took their time in creating this ethereal man- or he just had good genes, if so the gratitude belongs to his parents.

" The usual?" Asked the male bartender who always serves his drink. The man was wearing his uniform, a black tank top with a pair of black jeans and a lower-half apron that is tied to his waist. Caspain Wood, a friend he obtained due to his visits. A very muscular African, body that made girls go wild, and his skin color adds a cherry on the top but he can't flirt with ladies who try hard to get his attention, he's on work hours and work hours means focus on his work. A good companion, slightly a pain in the ass but overall he enjoys Caspain's company.

"You don't have to ask Pain"

Just like that, his night went on with the loud party music, strong alcohol that doesn't give much effect on his consciousness, and the countless girls asking him for a dance whom he politely rejected. He had enough with the screwing, the last time he f*cked someone was last week and it turned out to be an agent trying to bite his ass. So for now he needs to lay low with women.

Athelo James Brown, son of the multi-billionaire Auberon Brown owns the Brown Air Rights, Brown pharmaceutical company, and the AA brand which focused on clothes and fragrances. They got a lot of cash under their names so it's not a wonder what their status is.

However the businessman in their family isn't just his father, Athelo owns a few businesses too, starting with party drugs, strong killing ones, and arm weapons.

Under a mafia group named Unknown, Athelo Brown ranks first in the five Capos of the organization. He has fifty men under his name, another forty still in training, and a few being recruited. He's the role model of the Capo. So he has the upper hand.

The main reason why he joined the group without his father's permission is because he wants the thrill of danger. It gives him excitement, one that he rarely has after a broken childhood. Also, he enjoyed seeing people fear him, agonized, and that look where they copy a deer struck in the street from the lights. Seconds before their death.

It's thrilling and exciting.

" You look beat up today, I guess it ain't about your work... More like your fam" Caspain conversed, having the free time to have a little chat with Athelo before another customer would decide to have a drink and admire him, he can't help it he's a real good looking gu

" After last week's incident, my father couldn't stop berating the hell out of me how I'm too reckless with my identity and that I should quit the gang and start working together with him" The thing about being a member of a mafia is that Athelo needs to maintain his Profile low in the underworld as he is well known in public for being the son of a billionaire. His father decided to keep this to himself as Athelo still don't have the mood to leave the organization—that his father don't know what.

It didn't come without a catch, in exchange for his father's secrecy Athelo must obtain a good profile in front of people's eyes and the thing that Athelo dreaded the most, be the next heir of his father's life's work.

He kept his promise but forgets it later on since this guy named Caspain got on his Nevers. To say that a bartender slashes a basketball coach has a wonderfully dreadful friend.

" He's just worried, give yo' old man a rest Theo"

" Well if ain't a little birdie decided to open its beak then non of this sh*t could have happened" Caspain gasp dramatically.

" You're implying that I did it? Athelo James Brown, I told you. I ain't going to mingle in your side of work, I prefer to stay alive thank you very much so stop accusing me because you're hurting my feelings man" Caspain had a sad look on his face Athelo rolled his eyes on.

"You can't even laugh at a joke"

" Well your jokes are pretty dead Theo, who could make a joke with that face of yours" Caspain grabbed a bottle from the cabinet and handed it to his co-worker who couldn't reach the said bottle. While Caspain was helping a colleague Athelo couldn't help but watch the female who shared a few words with his friend.

Pale, jet black hair tied into a ponytail, 5'8 probably, and a great body at that. Just like Caspain, she wore a black tank top that didn't help on covering her black tube bra, and a black lower apron that showed the curve of her body. He couldn't see her features much because of the colorful lights on the aisle. But she must be new since he never saw a female bartender with her height of hers.

" You can handle a few customers, right? I need to chat with my friend a little"

" Sure, just back me up when a female customer bite my ass because they got tended by a boring lady instead of the hot male bartender" Athelo couldn't hear much of the conversation but he could tell that the two enjoys eachother's company.

"Oh you'll survive" Caspain shoo her off and went back to Athelo who still has his eyes laid for the woman who began to serve drinks to the other new costumers. Face still undefined.

" Hot but trust me she ain't your type" Athelo brought his attention to Caspain who followed his gaze. Followed by him pouring Athelo's empty glass with a much stronger drink.

" What do you mean" Athelo sip his drink, thoughts cloudy with the strong liquor.

" She's so much of a sunshine, not the wild ones you usually f*ck. And I'm starting to like the girl, a real sweetheart. Treats me like a baby" one thing Caspain lack, was his self-restraint of spilling his emotions and being straight forward.

"Is that supposed to help?" Athelo rolled his eyes.

" She's taken"

" Your point is?"

Caspain sigh. Once Athelo set his eyes in someone he'll never give up in obtaining a night with that someone. No strings attach just a day with a toy.

"My point is. She's one of a kind. Very loyal to her partner, a free spirited woman and too good to be corrupt by a person like you" Caspain laughed. "And I ain't spilling any time information" although he already did.

" Oh I please I'm not that bad"

"Trust me man you are, if only you could spare some time to glance at the crying kittens that chases you then you won't be saying that" Caspain began to grab a few glass on the isle. Chatting time almost done.

" But have you seen her partner tho?" Athelo teased making his good old pal to click his tongue.

" Nope, too exclusive but he's existing. Now find someone different. Ya man need to satisfy a few chicks with my amazing bartender skills" Caspain playful rolled and went to tend with the lady costumers. Athelo could only chuckle as his friend marched to the group of ladies.

Athelo brought his attention to his half empty glass. The colorless liquor twirl with the ice as he estimated the drink and drank it in one go.

He wasn't in this bar to find someone to f*ck around. A fresh air and a good chat is what he needed and obviously he can't have it in here. With the noise and crowd.

Too deep in his thoughts he slightly flinch when a loud click of a glass WA heard.

His eyes jolted to his glass that now has a top of a bottle pouring him a liquor.

" I'm sorry if I scared you" it was the woman from earlier.

Now that she was standing infront of him, pouring him a drink to top with the led lights turning to a normal light color. Athelo can analyze her features and my oh my was she good looking.

Oceanic orbs apologetically staring at his. Plumpy pink lips formed into a frow. Oval face shape, black hair a very appealing feature. Enticing even, for a man like Athelo.

Her beauty was a check but Athelo could already tell that her charisma will be the downfall of her qualifications as a hook-up of the night.

"Nah it's fine" he brushed it off. Not exactly scared like she thought he was.

His gaze slowly trail on the name tag on her chest. A quick glance to not seem like s prevert.

Liliam S.

Well f*ck I forgot their name tags are a cruse.

" Well I hope you enjoy your drink" she smiled warmingly, ready to tend to a new costumer.

"Accompany me for a moment" Athelo casual said.

" I would love to but Caspain told me to stay away from this one 'friend' of his" the woman playful giggled.

" That *sshole has lots of friends. Wouldn't be a coincidence if it was me?"

"Who knows, but if your name is Athelo then it will be a coincidence"

Screw the partner, this chick is qualified.

" The names James darling" well he didn't lied.

" Nice to meet you sir James" the woman played along. Aware that the person she was talking was Athelo. "I'm Sage, your companion for a moment" she quoted.

" It's nice to meet you too miss Sage, can you share the things our dear Caspain told about this friend of his" he sip his glass, orbs stare straight to her oceanic ones.

" Well he said that this Athelo guy is a great friend of his and a regular in the bar...a nice man, ladies man actually. And he reeks of danger" she honestly answered. From the way she easily let go of those words was smooth. It gave Athelo the assurance that his identify wasn't twitted out by is friend.

Though he already know that Caspain wouldn't spill beans with anyone about him.

" That's true..." He run his gaze at her figure. She's tall, curvy in the right places." Not to brag, but I'm pretty good with pleasing a lady too"

Sage laughed.

" If this is your way in swinging me into having sex with you then I should say you need to step up your game" Athelo didn't expect such sass coming from the Free spirited woman Caspain had characterized. " By stepping up I mean getting to know the lady first if she's taken or not"

" So are you taken?" Athelo ignored the tiny mock.

" Yes"

" That doesn't stop me before" he sip his drink, removing his gaze from Sage who began to grab a few used glass and bottles that was scattering near Athelo.

" I'm pretty sure I'm older than you"

" Age is not an issue also does marriage" older? She looked like she's on her twenties, fair skin and a youthful beauty.

" Hate to spoil the fun in this conversation...but I'm not planning to cause a problem with my relationship" She politely smiled. Somehow pissing Athelo off.

Not because she's coming out dominant for poking at his ego but because he knew he can't have her.

"Then what's a taken, older lady like you doing in such place? Does your partner not supply you enough cash? Because if I was him, I wouldn't allow you to work in such a place and would spoil you with everything you could ever desire" Athelo isn't one to memories people's faces(especially in this small high status city), but she looks like she's not from here. " You're new in the city..."

" My partner is pretty wealthy... but I prefer to pay and work for my own expenses than relying on him. I worked here way before when we got together so he didn't got the time to stop me from applying" she giggled, wiping the counters while having a conversation with Athelo. "I moved here four months ago"

" I see.. it's too early for you and your partner's relationship. Sure enough you and him ain't that deep yet" he kept sliding into different ideas and it's all because he wants to have a night with the hot older lady who just moved in this City four months ago. Finally someone exotic and independent.

" You really have no plan in giving up" she laughed.

" Well for you I will never dream of i-"

" Athelo" someone intervene in the midst of their conversation. The pair turned their heads to the owner of the voice, a little disappointed that their conversation has come to an end.

The luxurious voice belongs to a new costumer. Tall, model like figure and drop dead gorgeous. With her brown hair waved perfectly. Bright red lipstick coated her cheecky lips. The intruder was indeed very gorgeous- as Sage thoughts.

"Not now Margaret"

"I see. It's good to have a moment of your time James." Sage gave him a last smile before walking away to a random person, asking them.

" I've been calling you for ages already. Why aren't you answering you phone? I even bothered going to your apartment when you know I have lots of things in my hand" the woman named Margaret complained. Standing on Athelo side with the help of her red pump heels.

Athelo tried his best to ignore the presence of the lady. Eyes glared at his drink.

He just lost his chance.

" Are you not listening to me? Athelo." She nudges his shoulders.

Margaret Simon. A lady Athelo once had a night with- reason because she was new in the city. Moved from her motherland last three weeks. Exotic for his taste. New for his experience.

Let's just say Athelo had a thing for new things.

But anyways, she began to cling too much and was always needy of his attention. Sometimes not, she's weirdly mysterious. One time she was so eager to go to his apartment after he told her to cut ties with him- too annoyed with her constant persistence he went to his apartment with her.

She roams a lot and is full of questions. In the end, she got forced to leave with his men.

" Look Mar, I have no time too. So can you spare us the trouble and just leave?"

" After kicking me out of your apartment?" Disbelief was evident in Margaret's voice, purse dangling on her hand as she jerk her hand to slap his shoulders.

" You weren't supposed to be there anyway"

By now they got a little attention from the civilians. Two of three maybe? The rest are too busy drinking and partying to notice that two famous people was causing a scene.

" Athelo, I thought we have a connection?"

"We had but I am no longer inside of you so we're no more near connected" He can't afford to create a drama and get a good ol' praise with his dad about a new scandal. He promised his dad that he wouldn't create drama while he was overseas. " If you're not leaving then I'm leaving"

He can't have Caspains's help since the dude is too busy enjoying the praises he receives from the ladies who couldn't stop gawking at his skills at playing with the drinks. Sage is nowhere in sight. There's no point in staying now.

"Athelo comes on-" he ignored her and walked straight into the dancing crowd. Giving the intention to lose Margaret.

Successfully he came out of the bar without a Margaret trailing him.

"What a night..."

─────────────────────

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

64.4K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
111K 4.5K 52
At nineteen, Kamo is doing her last year of high school. She is focused on her grades, especially after the last boy broke her heart. She finds hers...
751K 50.4K 98
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...
11.7K 542 15
"One more year. One more year is all I can take. By this time next year, I'll be gone"he said, looking at his reflection in the mirror I'm bad at wri...