๐Œ๐‹๐๐: ๐€ ๐๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ

Od silvannaschild

โ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด?โž โ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ. ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ... Vรญce

INTRODUCTION.
๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ก๐™ค๐™œ๐™ช๐™š
๐Ÿญ - ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐˜
๐Ÿฎ - ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜„
๐Ÿฏ - ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜
๐Ÿฐ - ๐—ฎ ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜
๐Ÿฑ - ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ
๐Ÿฒ - ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐˜‚๐—ฒ
๐Ÿณ - ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฑ
๐Ÿด - ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—บ
๐Ÿต - ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ - ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜† ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—น
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ - ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด'๐˜€ ๐—พ๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—น
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ - ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜„๐˜€
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ - ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—น
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ - ๐—ฎ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฒ - ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ป
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿณ - ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜

๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฐ - ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฒ

113 10 5
Od silvannaschild

3rd Person's POV.

The moon was shining bright red against the cloudy night. The woods was mysterious enough to hypnotize oneself, but she was used to it. Foreign sounds and strange sights seemed to be lurking between the trees. What are they called again? Demons, orcs, devils, whatever names they were given by their creator. She had seen one before, and for a split second she had not believed her eyes. She wasn't stupid, though. Abyssal demons were as real as mankind. History was learned, and history couldn't possibly lie, right?

Demons always brought chaos, and the evidence was proven in a recent incident. The image of it was still clear inside her head; demons were attacking from every corner, bodies torn to pieces as the soil absorbed their blood. Her friends let out their last breaths as they died in the palm of her hand, leaving her the only survivor of the ambush. Even so, she was almost killed.

She wanted to fight, help them with every last energy remaining. She could not possibly fail her biggest mission. All her life she had always accomplished them, guiding her friends to do their missions right. If only she fought with them, they would probably succeed. But her tactless self decided to leave them be and escaped alone, running toward the deeper side of the woods. She lost her friends due to her own ego. What a foolish move, she insulted herself over and over.

She was left with her only weapon and her wounds. Building a campfire for a source of light and heat was her only option to handle the extreme cold. The demons left a great amount of scratches in almost every part of her body. Blood was still dripping from some large cuts. Some went dry, but were just as painful. She lost too much blood already she hoped death would take her life any second.

She struggled to gather some woods. Her legs were too sore to function properly, and the pitch blackness didn't help her vision at all. She still managed to collect some, putting them on the ground as she tried her best to ignite the fire. Sparks came out of it as she blew the base, producing a slightly bigger fire, perhaps enough to keep her warm for the night. She exhaled loudly, her body shivering and her scars throbbing against her skin.

Just as she was about to have a moment of calmness, a twig broke somewhere behind her, followed by the sound of footsteps.

Her heart stopped.

Someone was there, and thank the Lord she was armed. Anyone she did not know was an enemy. Her body stiffened, her eyes and ears open, but the forest was now as still as it once before.

"Reveal yourself," she decided to say.

No answer, but the footsteps were back.

She took a deep breath. If it was another abyssal demon, then she was done for. All her life she had been training to end them, but here she was, about to be killed by one within seconds. I can't believe I'm going to die this way.

"Just kill me already," she whispered to herself, slowly surrendering, but deep down she still wanted to fight.

She then heard a sword being drawn right behind her, causing her reflexes to response back to the sudden attack. She turned around and drew her rusty golden claw.

But it was no abyssal demon. It was a tall and muscular man wearing an armor-like jacket with a pair of black trousers and brown shoes. His hair was long and brown, sweat dripping from his forehead. A soldier, she assumed, but why would a random soldier be in the woods?

"Who are you?" she asked, but she couldn't care less about who he was. Staying out of her way was better.

"A nicer tone would provide you with answer," the man said sternly.

"I'm not nice," she replied, sounding meaner. She gave a bit more force on her claw aimed at his neck.

"Then I shouldn't have saved your life."

His answer made her speechless and confused at the same time.

"Saved my life?" She shook her head, regaining focus. "I didn't need saving." But they both knew it was a lie.

"Those monsters would've ripped your heart out if I wasn't here," he growled.

"I didn't see you in the slightest. Practice your lying skills, then maybe next time I'll accept your words."

"Don't call me a liar when you lied about not needing a rescue."

She stepped back. "I didn't lie about that—"

"Silence. Your wounds can explain it for me." His gaze then turned to her body, most of the part covered in blood. He put his sword back and glared at her, taking a seat beside the campfire.

"They won't heal themselves," he said.

"Then kill me instead," she stated. "You seem like a soldier, I'm sure it wouldn't take long."

"Soldiers don't kill the innocent."

"So you think I'm an innocent?"

"I don't care what you are," he snapped, "but I'm not heartless. We must travel to the city, give you some aid."

"By feet?"

"Have any better idea?"

She furrowed her brows. "I just gave you an instant solution to this problem; killing me. Plus, I don't remember asking for your help."

"Everyone needs help."

"Except those who prefer to be alone," she hissed. "Leave."

Her words were not exactly her thoughts. She did need help, she just didn't want to admit it. She used to be known as the strongest assassin in the Monastery, surely a help was the last thing she needed. She was supposed to give assistance people, not asking for one.

The man sighed in disbelief. "You're lucky it's just me." He stood up and walked away, leaving her alone once again.

She regretted her actions, but he was already walking far. She looked over her shoulder, thinking twice about her insensitive words. She could now see why everyone avoided her. Leadership and wisdom was her typical trait, but kindness was always a priority, and she didn't have that. Perhaps it was time to start over.

"Fine, fine!" she admitted, half shouting. Thankfully enough, he stopped. "I do need your help. Take me to the cities, after that we'll go our seperate ways."

"What's the magic word?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes. I hate you already. "Please."

He motioned his head as if asking her to come with him. She obeyed, put out the campfire and followed him.

"Your name," he said, a command more than a question.

"Natalia," she answered.

"Tigreal," he said.

Natalia nodded and smiled. Even she was surprised herself. "It's nice to make your acquaintance, Tigreal."

***

Tigreal's POV.

Hours passed. The two had been walking for far too long. Natalia was limping quite heavily, holding onto his shoulder to keep her balance.

She was a tall, red-headed woman wearing a white, long-sleeved jacket with a large hood, its edges sapphire blue. Her black undergarment was revealing her cleavage. Her blue vest complemented her fierce look, as dark grey belts surrounded her body, her golden claw hanging from its side. Her tall legs were covered by pitch black trousers along with black shoes with golden edges.

Tigreal was glad he could at least save a life today, even though it happened to be someone like her. He knew something was going on near the area of Black Forest. He could hear the sounds of demons screeching even from afar, and he had been fighting so much wars for too long not to recognize it. As soon as he returned to the Empire, bad news was to be delivered to the princess.

A glimpse of a small town was seen, and Tigreal let out a sigh between relief or tiresome. He was nearly dead with fatigue, let alone Natalia's insane pain she had been holding along the walk. She was slowing down, her legs shaking. They had to find a place to stay immediately.

"It's not that far," Tigreal said, trying to keep her going.

"Easy for you to say," she groaned. "My feet feel like hell."

"Are you asking me to carry you?"

Natalia scoffed. "I'd rather have those demons kill me."

Tigreal gave out a low chuckle, but did not find it funny at all.

After a few more walks, they entered the town. It was quite a crowded sight for a small village, and the people seemed to be occupied or simply enjoying the day. Some were carrying baskets of bread and rolls, neighbors were greeting each other, horses were being fed by villagers, and so much more was happening, including Natalia's constant moan.

"Stop making that noise," Tigreal complained. "It's annoying."

"You don't feel the pain," she said and gave him a glare in return.

Fortunately for him, a two-story inn was ahead. Luck decided to be with him because an old man, no more than seventy years of age, greeted them just in time. He assumed he was the owner of it, or whatever his duty was. His light blue eyes focused on Natalia, his expression showed them a feeling of pity.

"Do you need a hand, young lady?" he asked. His voice was shaky and fragile. "You may stay in the inn for a while to recover."

Natalia looked at Tigreal for a second, and he gave her a nod. She didn't look very pleased, remembering how much she disliked getting helped by people.

"Is there a room?" Tigreal asked.

"Yes, yes, there is, sire," he answered and called out to a workman behind him. "ROOM FOR TWO! ROOM FOR TWO!" His voice was unbelievably loud for an old chap.

"What is this?" Natalia whispered. "Do you happen to have a four-leaf clover with you?"

"Just be grateful to encounter someone kind enough to help us out."

They went inside. The inn was dusty and the smell was uncomfortable, filled with several people going in and out. But where else could you find a nice person like the old man, sincerely allowing random travelers to spend the night in his inn?

The workman lead their way to their room. Written on the door was 'Room 23'.

"How many rooms are in this inn?" Natalia asked.

"Thirty, ma'am," the workman answered flatly. "Not much provided, but enough to welcome newcomers, especially those who are in need. Medicines and aids have been prepared for recovery on the table. Enjoy your stay."

"Thank you," Tigreal said, but the man was already gone.

Natalia's POV.

They both entered the room. It was true what the workman had said; not much to provide. Two single beds and a table were in the center, along with a tall mirror ornamented with brown frame right on the opposite side. The room was dusty, wrapping almost every corners with spider webs.

He guided her to the bed as she collapsed on it, releasing a loud groan. She furrowed her brows and closed her eyes. Finally.

"Easy," he said, calming her down.

"It feels nice to finally lay in bed," she admitted.

Tigreal took the medical fluid on the table and let a small piece of cotton absorbed it. Natalia wrinkled her nose, disgusted.

"Hold still, alright?" he favored.

"I can't promise you that—" but her sentence was interrupted by her own whimper. Tigreal was already pressing the cotton on her injured arm. His gesture was gentle enough, but to her, it felt like blazing flames surrounding her wound. Her whimper then grew into a scream.

She arched her neck, trying to ease the continuous pain with all her effort.

"This one has to be stitched," she said, pointing to a wound on her left thigh.

"You want me to stitch that too?" Tigreal asked.

"I can do it myself, thanks," she replied, wanting to sound sarcastic but the outcome was not what she thought. She could not believe she said that in a nicer tone.

"Suit yourself," he said.

Natalia focused on healing them, holding her breath and trying not to scream like she did minutes ago. Tigreal was still sitting beside her, watching her shaky fingers dabbing carefully on her wounds as she hissed in every touch of it.

"So, are you going to tell me who you are?" Tigreal asked.

"Does that matter so much to you?" she answered, still carefully dabbing on her skin.

She noticed his look of annoyance as if he was telling her to stop playing around.

"I'm no one," she said. "That's all you may know."

"And how is this information any important?" he asked, even more annoyed.

"We will go our separate ways very soon," she said. "I already broke a rule by telling you my name. I don't trust you, soldier, so maybe names are enough."

"Consider that rule of yours irrelevant."

"Explain why."

"Because I am the leader of the Imperial Knights of the Moniyan Empire and a loyal captain to Princess Silvanna."

In truth, she was amazed, but she didn't want to show it. A captain of a royalty had rescued her from the abyss' pitfall and saved her worthless life. Not to mention he was from Moniyan, which, of course, reminded her so much of childhood. She took a deep breath, not wanting tears to form in her eyes. This was not the time to feel blue.

"Captain?" she said, acting disinterested. "You look worse than I thought."

"That's because I'm not in my armor."

"How do you look like in it?"

"Stronger, perhaps," he said proudly. "At least better than this." He pointed to his outfit.

Natalia raised her brows and shoved it off, continuing the healing process. However, Tigreal seemed to see her sorrow.

"You good?" he asked reassuringly. She just couldn't lie to him anymore, especially now that she knew he was a good company to the princess.

"I used to train in Moniyan," she started, "when everyone and everything was peaceful. One day I failed a mission, letting the priest of the Monastery down. I mean, what could I have expected? I was an assassin with talent, that's why they relied on me. But when I disappointed them they put me in exile, replacing my position with a better trainee. I was eighteen, barely an adult and didn't know much about anything. I was grateful enough that some friends joined me because they trusted me. Ever since then we walked together, doing our own missions with the same purpose like the Monastery.

"That's when we experienced the sudden ambush of the abyss, when I was a fool to leave them deceased instead of fighting. They're dead now because of my cowardice. But if they had survived, they wouldn't save me like you did."

Tigreal gave her a longing look, locking his eyes with hers. He nodded, telling her he understood what she went through.

"It's all in the past now, isn't it?" he said.

"Doubt it," she denied. "I would never forgive myself. It's true what the priest had said to me."

"What was?"

"That I am better at being alone," she murmured, much more to herself than to him.

Tigreal buried his hands on his face for a second, took a deep breath, then looked at her again. "Rest, Natalia. A long journey awaits you."

-

[ an; my fav assassin is here !! gosh ive been waiting to write her for so long omg. literally, writing her is so much fun. i hope i did her character justice :') also thank you for 1K reads !!! you are incredible. absolutely love all of you to moniyan and back <3 ]

xoxo, cel.

Pokraฤovat ve ฤtenรญ

Mohlo by se ti lรญbit

15.3K 783 50
In search of a worthy king to lead the Moon Elves, Miya set out a long journey to the Land of Dawn. With the blessing of the Moon God, her search of...
17.3K 549 19
Granger only fights for himself, no one else. Hunting demons is his forte. Until he comes across a kidnapped princess, and his life changes forever a...
60.9K 2.2K 32
'And who are you?' Ruby asked warily. The man stepped into the beam of light spilling from between the leaves of two tall trees. Ruby's breath caught...
3.2K 205 33
"Be careful not to fall." She was warned but she still fell and she knew all along that tripping will only hurt her. She knew it from the very beginn...