Surreptitious [H.S.][N.H.]

Autorstwa maegnittly

Athiliah Verns spends her days alone, talking to her cat Nyx to pass the time. She works for a designer compa... Więcej

1- A1
2- A2
3- A3
4- A4
5- A5
6- A6
7- L1
8- L2 A7
9- A8

10- A9

216 9 4
Autorstwa maegnittly

Hey... so I obviously have not updated in months but I have this little bit it's short but I'm hoping publishing it will get me back into it? Sorry it took so long for me to be active again.

(I would recommend reading the ending of the last chapter)

"Fucking hell!" I curse, my jaw slacks open in agony at the pain.

Instinctively my hand meets the gooey stickiness that's coated my skin, and when I press further down I feel the raw skin that was exposed. Must've been a graze then, a shit eating deep one if you ask me.

I don't think, I just act with the burning anger in my bones, the fiery rage running through my chest and down my fists. I pick up the gun. All in five seconds I have the gun in my hand, elbows locked and hands in placement, aiming at the man who shot me and pulling the trigger to end his life before he could process the gun was even in my hand.

When Landon catches him fall to the ground in the corner of his eye he doesn't take any time to fuck around as he shoots the fake guard that's pointing his own gun at Louis. He sprints over to the body of the man I shot and positions his lifeless body to face the other dead man, tossing his gun on the floor next to him to make it seem like they had shot each other. He then tilts the metal can over to reveal the attempted to be stolen crystals and bolts up the stairs with Zayn hot on his heels. They have about three seconds to get out of sight before the guards walk in and catch them, which risks the whole mission.

They press their stomachs to the wooden surface of the top floor as soon as the guards bust through the door, eyes alert and analyzing the warehouse.

"Hey! What the hell happened in here?!?" One of them shouts. I can't tell if it was the same voice from earlier when I was almost caught but I'm sure whoever it was wasn't very happy with having to guard this place either.

"Gills!" The other guard shouts, "Over here."

"What do you got?" The first guard asks, but his question soon fades into one of no importance when he rounds the corner of a large crate and comes face to face with the set up murder scene. "....What do you think happened?"

The one guard, the one who is probably responsible for shinning his flashlight at me, pulls his walkie-talkie up to his mouth from his chest and informs whoever's on the other side of the line. "Two dead exporters, looks like they killed each other. There's also a stray can of crystals lying here, most likely the reason for the disagreement."

When he finishes off notifying them he drops his walkie, leaving a hard glance at the dead bodies on the floor before telling his partner to get on with it as he walked back into his original place, guarding the door.

Their voices are faint now, their mummers only slightly being heard from their position outside of the warehouse itself. "You're just going to leave the bodies???" The guy who walked in first questioned with astonishment.

Landon and Zayn pop up and jog over on alert when the coast is clear, crouching down next to me when they make it. Landon's stare burns the side of my face, his antagonizing eyes questioning my whole being. "Ali, are you ok?" He asks softly.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I look up to where he squats next to me, "Yea...? Are you?"

"Well I'm used to killing people, I didn't... think that was the case for you though." He evaluates unsurely.

My mind draws a blank. "Holy crap....I did just kill him...."

Zayn looks to me in caution, "And you're not gonna freak out about it?"

I blink rapidly, trying to put some sense into myself to feel something about it, anything. "No... I mean I guess I knew what I was doing, and he was shooting at me first- self defense right?" My head pivots up so I can meet Landon's eyes, "Right?"

He nods promptly, "Yea. Yes. Totally, it was definitely self defense there's nothing to worry about." He says, but his eager expression is wiped off his face as he comes to a realization. "Self defense???? What did he do to you?"

My eyes widen as I remember the thick blood sauntering out of my sensitive wound. "Just a graze." I don't dare touch it to check up on it though, I'm too afraid that it might cause me to flinch away from myself and look like a coward in front of them.

"A graze?" Landon speaks to no-one in particular, voicing out his concerns to the chilled air.

"So you were actually shot?" Zayn clarifies, bewildered that had been let happen with such recklessness.

I nod in a daze, mentally taking in the situation and not minding it but also not necessarily adoring it at the moment.

"Oh and I wanted to interrogate you about your shot." Landon exclaims in a hushed yell. "That was like straight through his forehead. Smack dab in the middle dude, lucky shot?? Orrrr?"

I blink at the floor once again, confused on how I've done that. "Luck maybe?" And I cringe, I knew that wasn't the answer he was looking for.

With a roll of his eyes he's turned away from me again. His eyes linger on every inch of matter surrounding us, every detail being carefully inspected.

"Let's go." It was Zayn who spoke this time as his face showed no evidence of him consciously being present in the moment.

"Who's gonna keep track of the crates?" I test, he couldn't seriously be considering just leaving.

"There's only a few left."

"Mea-" I begin.

"Meaning those guards over there." He cuts off and points, "Will be instructed to finish the job and when they're done we should already be on the boat to help out."

I nod silently and take a breath to hold myself together attempting to stand. When I'm up I release the breath through my teeth so they aren't alarmed by my pain. They don't notice though.

Landon came up with the plan to just walk out the front to get out but Zayn had quickly shut it down. Saying that even if we could beat the guards to a pulp it wouldn't help us much in the end since we needed them to export the crates first.

I don't think I would've gone along with Landon's and plan either way.

Ten minutes later we're on the back of the boat, getting ready for the guards to show up with the remaining crates. Landon's complaining about how 'jumping out of the window' was the stupidest idea Zayn could've came up with for us to escape the building.

Along with his nagging, the dewy air ripped against my body and clothes which created only more of an aggravated state to arise within me.

I wouldn't tell him to shut up or anything, he was right after all, it was probably the stupidest idea ever brought about. But god was he annoying.

And Zayn wasn't much of a help either, if I thought I was aggravated then Zayn must've been raging. Although he didn't show it much, I could tell. His harsh quietness told all that needed to be said.

"Where are they." Zayn angrily muttered under his breath.

He got up once again, this time not leaving much opportunity for us to follow along. Where he was headed was unknown but he was determined.

"Do you think I pissed him off?" Landon asks when Zayn is out of hearing range. He sounded almost guilty.

Keeping my eyes focused ahead I answer, "I mean yea.... but I don't think that's why he left." I explain, "I think he's just stressed out."

Landon nods solemnly. "Ok."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

906K 30.7K 27
Renee Delilah Parker has never been too popular at school. She gets average grades, has two best friends and all she wants to do is get through her l...
31.2K 1.7K 51
[Major Warning ⚠️ :- I wrote this book when i was a teen and as English isn't my first language, i wasn't that familiar with terms or words. I'll sta...
31.7K 926 42
When your lifetime enemy is Love, you learn to not love anyone. But when you decide to give Love a chance to slip in, to get under your skin, it beco...
235K 9.4K 64
Five reckless and uncaring boys abduct her and refuse to tell her why. Unknown to the other boys, one of her kidnappers plans to make her life hell...