The House Up on Grimm

By Leilalovestowrite

This is a horror story that I threw together. I was just sitting and then I'm like "Ha. I should make a horro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25

Chapter 24

0 0 0
By Leilalovestowrite

Ken drove to the Barters house. He stood in front of it and started cursing and yelling at the house.
"You caused all of this!! You did! Now I can't have Jade! Your taking her life away! You! Dumb Barters!" Ken screamed.

Darkness came out the house and went up his nose. Ken passed out...

Jade sat outside the station. She covered her face with her hands. Rick sat down next to her. He patted her on the back. She let tears fall. She let her tough girl character fade away. She sobbed and sobbed. She had lost so much in so little time. Jakob, Sylvia, and Mara. She still had Annie. She had to take good care of her. Annie was in the police station so she didn't have to worry just yet. 'Where did Ken go?' She thought. She wiped away her tears and got Annie out of the station. Annie glumly came out. She got in Jades car with Jade and Rick.
"I have to make sure Ken's okay..." Jade told them.

Ken woke up still at the Barters house. He woke up but couldn't move. Something moved him though. Ken lost control of himself. He saw what he was doing but had no control. He ran into the Barters house.

Jade drove to the coffee shop. She went in but Ken wasn't there. She got back into her car and drove to her house. Ken wasn't there either. She drove to his house and silently prayed that he was there. He wasn't though. She got in her car and slammed a fist on the wheel.
"Where is he?!" She hollered.

"Uh-oh.... He might be... At the Barters house." Rick gasped.

"Oh no!" She flew down to the Barters house.

Jade had her hand on her gun as she got out of her car. Rick and Annie followed. Rick had his gun out. Jade kicked the door open. Ken was sitting at Jakob's table. Jade's eyes widened.
"Ken?" Jade frowned.

"Jade?? What're you doing here?" Ken said only, it wasn't Ken.

"I figured you'd be here... But why are you here?" Jade's voice shook.

"I'm staying here tonight to prove there is no ghosts. If there is then I'm just gonna have to get rid of it, huh?" Ken laughed.

"Okay... But there is ghosts here. Well demons anyhow." Jade explained.

"Okay. Well let's see." Ken smiled viciously.

"That's a good idea I guess. But we need a pasture or something," Rick told them.

"My husband... He's a pasture. We need him." Annie spoke up.

Minutes later, Ollie, Annie, Jade, Rick, and Ken were standing around in the Barters house. Ollie had all the things he'd needed. Annie was shaking.
"Okay. When do we start?" Ollie asked.

"Tonight. Rick, Annie, and I are taking the second and third floor. Ken and Ollie will take the first and lower floors. After we investigate Ollie will you know what. Let's go." Jade spoke.

Annie, Rick, and Jade went up to the second floor. Annie looked around at the old belongings of Jakob Barter and the people before him. It saddened her a bit. Jade pondered about why the past owners had left all their things in the house. Apparently, Rick was too. A rocking horse rocked in the far corner to the left.

Ollie and 'Ken' trudged down the steps. Ollie sensed the room needed cleansed. The feeling got stronger as they got deeper into the basement. Ollie pulled out the bible and started reciting the verses. That made Ken go nuts.
"STOP!" Ken hissed.

"Excuse me?" Ollie stopped.

"I can't even hear myself think!" Ken sighed.

"I'm sorry, but we have to continue. If you would like to join the others upstairs, go now." Ollie's eyes narrowed.

"That doesn't sound too bad," Ken nodded.

"Good..." Ollie raised a brow as Ken walked up the steps.

Jade heard creaking behind her and spun on her heel. She raised her gun. But, it was 'just' Ken.
"Geez! You coulda just told me you'd be up here!" Jade lowered her gun.

"Oh? I apologize milady," Ken did a curtsy.

"What are you doing?" Jade was confused now.

"Nothing?" He replied quizzically.

"Be quiet and stay close." Jade nodded to him.

"Where's my Ollie?" Annie gulped.

"He's reciting verses from the bible down in the basement.." Ken mumbled.

"Should I go with him?" Annie looked over at Jade.

"No. I don't want you to go alone. Ken? Can you take her to him? Why'd you come up here anyways?" Jade said, still walking slow like.

"I had a... H... I was. I needed... To make sure... You? Were... S-safe?" He said in a questioning tone.

"Are you sure?" Jade stopped.

"Positive..." Ken lied.

"Annie? Please stay." Jade reconsidered.

"F-fine..." Annie looked sad.

They finished walking through the second floor and moved on to the third floor. This room, was filled with furniture covered with sheets. It creeped them out. Ken walked in the front now.
"Jade and I should take the attic." Ken said out of nowhere.

"I guess your right." Jade admitted.

"Don't lost sight of Annie. Rick, just in case.... Thanks for everything. I love you like a brother," Jade shed a tear.

"Jade you were the sister I never had. And I know we'll make it outta here alive." Rick forced a smile.

Jade nodded to him, grabbed his hand, and then let go. She turned to Ken. He had an anxious look in his eyes so Jade walked up the ladder to the attic. She pulled herself up.
"Leave the door open..." Jade shook all over.

Jade walked more and stopped to the plank. She heard the attic door slam shut. She spun on her heel.
"KEN! I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE IT OPEN!" She scolded him.

She saw his eyes were black. Then his eyes seemed to flip and his blue eyes were back.
"Oh my god..." Jade gasped.

"What?" Ken replied.

"Your not Ken? You... Your..." Jade fell back.

"What's wrong?" He said and walked closer to her.

Jade raised her gun at him.
"STAY AWAY!" Jade screamed in fear.

"No..." Ken's voice was lost.

Something took control of Jade. Her eyes were glowing a bright white. She cocked her head back. Inside her mind, this is what was going on.
'Jade was dreaming. In her dream, she was walking around in a ad ark room. She saw a light. She raced over to touch it. It burned her skin. She knew though, in order to escape, she'd have to bare the pain and walk through the light. She touched the light again, but this time it burned so bad, it felt like her arm was being set on fire. She stumbled back.
"I have to do this..." She told herself.'

In reality, Jade's body walked across the plank. She neared the broken spot. But, she kept walking. Then she stopped.
' Jade saw through the light. She saw herself about to fall. She shook her head. "I AM JADE RAY LA BAR!" She threw her body into the light.'
She snapped back to life. She was about to fall to her death! A dark figure exited her nose and now stood in front if her. It made shrill screeching sounds.
"OLLIE!" Jade screamed.

Ollie heard her. He raced up to the attic and saw the figure. He preached his heart out! The figure was very strong though. Ollie whipped out his holy water and sprinkled it on the figure. The figure lowered itself to the ground then disappeared. Ken on the other hand, was still possessed. Ollie didn't know that though. Jade threw herself in Ollie's arms.
"I... He... The... T-he... D-demons. And... Sylvia.... Sh-e... Was right!" Jade bawled.

"It's okay. I'm here..." Ollie tried to comfort her.

Ken started to cackle.
"Forget someone Jade?" He laughed.

"He's possessed...." Jade recalled.

Ollie recited verses from the bible. Ken shook and slapped the bible out of his hands. Ollie still knew a ton of verses by heart and read more. He spoke very loud too. He sprinkled holy water on Ken. Ken's skin sizzled. He fell back and started to kick and scream. Ken jumped up and punched Ollie in the face. Ollie passed out on the floor.
"NO!" Jade cried.

The attic door was locked. Rick and Annie tried to open it with everything they had. Jade picked up the bible and read aloud. Ken went crazy!
"STOP IT!!!" He screamed.

"No!" Jade replied.

She kept reading. The last sentence is what did it for Ken. He fell back and the demon exited his nose. Jade re-read the last sentence over and over. Finally, the demon exploded in ash. Ken fell and hit the ground- hard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

White As A Lie By Katherine

Mystery / Thriller

74 28 18
"You're telling me you didn't do it?" she asked. "Yes. I don't know what happened. I was asleep when it...when she..." Crystal's face was the prime e...
867 195 40
Hey there folks, I'm Cody Phillips, welcome to New Orleans. N'awlins is known for many wonderful things, our coffee, music and the ability to throw a...
356K 8K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
588 46 32
Jade Covenington was your average everyday model, well, except for one thing. She was a werewolf, and she had a child. Her daughter was 3 years of ag...