1| Q҉U҉I҉E҉T҉U҉S҉ - J҉. H҉E҉R...

EstellaNovella tarafından

In which Davina Rollins has more talents than just drawing. JACE HERONDALE X OC Daha Fazla

CAST
PART I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43

17

8.8K 239 18
EstellaNovella tarafından

Davina turns the pages of her sketchbook, runes and demons filling her page. She had always assumed she just had an inventive mind when in reality everything she had drawn was true and her entire life was a lie. A knock on the door snaps her from her line of thought. She looks up to see Jace standing in the doorway, looking completely unaffected by a demon trying to snatch him away. 

"How are you feeling?" Jace asks.

"Tired," The redhead sighs. 

"Can I come in?"

"If you must," Davina sighs dramatically, pulling her legs up so Jace can sit on the bed. 

"You were brave facing that demon," Jace says. "You must have had one hell of an instructor. Extremely handsome"

"He's okay I guess. Passable looking" Davina says and Jace chuckles.

"Okay ouch,"

"The weirdest thing is, the scream it was an instinct," Davina says, placing her sketchbook down. "It felt right. Everything went quiet for a minute"

"What do you mean quiet?" Jace asks. 

"Ever since I was young, I always swore I could feel death," Davina says. "I used to know when someone was going to die and there were the voices. Whispers. When I was talking to the demon, they came back-"

"You spoke to Valak?"

"Yeah, good looking man, sharp suit," Davina waves a hand. 

"What did he say?"

"I don't remember," The lie fell easily from Davina's lips as the vision flashed through her head of her as an angel of death to all. "I just remember screaming"

"Either way," Jace starts, placing his hand on Davina's knee. "You killed a greater demon. There's not a lot of Shadowhunters who can make that claim"

"But I lost any chance of finding Jocelyn," Davina says. "And now, my mom, she died for nothing. We're never going to find Jocelyn"

"We will," Jace says. "We just need to do it safely"

"I don't want to be safe: I want to save Clary's mom as mine died for helping Jocelyn and I'm not letting her sacrifice be for nothing so either help me or you stay out of my way"

"You have potential Davina," Jace says. "I think you may even be able to win against me soon. Get some sleep, we'll talk in the morning"

"Good night Jace," Davina says.

"Davina"

Davina was in what looked like a rundown lab that was being used for experiments anyway. There were vials of luminescent green liquid that looked toxic to ingest, there were used needles scattered across the floor and corpses covered in green veins, foam around their mouths. 

"I know you can hear me, Davina"

A man steps into the light and Davina stares at him, the echoes in her head revealing who he was instantly.

"We've not been formally introduced. My name is-"

"Valentine," Davina says.

"I'm sorry about that nasty business with your mother but I will do anything to get what I want, even kill and manipulate the innocent"

"Davina-" 

Davina turns to see Dot in Valentine's grip, a blade held to her throat. Valentine smirks at Davina before yanking the blade harshly. Blood sprays across Davina's face as Dot gurgles, blood pouring from her throat and from her mouth.

The Institue was quietly buzzing with life but the peace is disturbed when a wail cuts through the silence. All of the Shadowhunters in the vicinity clamp their hands over their ears to try and block out the piercing sound.

"What the hell was that?" Alec asks.

"Davina," 

That one word from Clary's lips sends the quartet sprinting towards the room of said redhead. The wail had stopped by the time they reach her room but Jace throws the door open to find Davina sleeping next to the now smashed mirror, blood seeping from her hands and the small cuts on her arms and face where she was lying in the shards. 

In blood on the mirror, V=M was written in what they assumed to be Davina's blood. Jace droops to his knees, gently picking Davina up out of the glass before rushing to the infirmary as the Lightwood siblings run in search of Hodge. 

"You don't remember anything?' Hodge asks as he picks the shards from her hands.

Davina shakes her head in response, watching as the man continues carefully hunting for shards of glass in her cuts. 

"I saw Valentine,"

Davina flinches when Hodge yanks on a shard of glass particularly harshly, clearly shocked by her words. 

"I watched him kill my mother," Davina says, a lump forming in her throat at the words. "It was awful. I- How did he manipulate so many people?"

"That was his speciality," Hodge says. "It was how he gained so many followers, people felt his passion and believed his cause but it was all a con"

"What was his real cause?"

"For all Downworlders to be eradicated," Hodge says. "Then Shadowhunters could rule the mundane world"

"That's insane," Davina says. "He wanted to commit genocide?"

"That was Valentine"

"This is her?"

The woman in front of Davina was stunning and bared a resemblance to Isabelle. But where Isabelle liked to flaunt her assets noticeably, this woman knew how to make herself the centre of attention in a simple formal dress. Both Isabelle and the woman were equally as beautiful but in such opposite ways.

"This is Davina, mom," Alec says. "Davina, this is our mother Maryse Lightwood"

"Yes, she will go with you and Jace to Seelie Court," Maryse says.

"What? Why?" Jace asks.

"She hasn't told you?" Maryse asks and tuts. "Davina here isn't a full Shadowhunter"

"That's not possible is it?"

"Oh it's entirely possible," Maryse says. "Jackson Branwell and the Seelie Queen had an affair, and the product of that affair is Davina"

Davina looks at Hodge and he shrugs.

"Can I have a word with Davina, alone?" Maryse says and everyone files out of the room.

"How do you know all of this?" Davina asks.

"While Jackson Branwell publicly denied having a bastard-born child," Maryse says. "He had to inform the Clave, since they like to find out about any interesting Shadowhunters. You were going to be brought to Idris and, much like Penelope, spend six months in Idris and six months with your mother. But one day there was an uprising in the Seelie Court, the Unseelie wanted a say even though they were exiled. Then the next thing the Clave knew, you were gone. The queen had given you away for your safety and we could never find out where. But now you're here and you could be a turning point in this war"

"I'm not a weapon you can put away whenever I'm not useful to you," Davina's voice was calm in a way that was more terrifying than if she would have shouted. "And you're all sorely mistaken if you think I'm foolish enough to let you use me that way. Let me tell you, I'll be an amazing ally to have when the war happens but if I'm your enemy, you should probably start planning your funeral arrangements now"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.7K 190 17
Can the children of Clary and Jace Herondale along with Alec and Magnus Lightwood-Bane and Simon and Isabelle Lovelace risk their lives to save it? C...
383K 11K 200
In which I write short gif imagines for the shadowhunters characters. 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝
56.8K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...
889K 20.6K 60
storm in her eyes, peace in her smile. jace herondale x fem!oc shadow hunters: the mortal instruments, season...