Ludic Selcouth #3: Dancing Ke...

De blackgraffiti

UNEDITED UNEDITED UNEDITED Kinsella Ava Rowne is into dancing. She loves to complement her fast and swift mov... Mais

Dancing Keys
PROLOGUE
Key #1
Key #2
Key #3
Key #4
Key #6
Key #7
Key #8
Key #9
Key #10
Key #11
Key #12
Key #13
Key #14
Key #15
Key #16
Key #17
Key #18
Key #19
Key #20
Key #21
Key #22
Key #23
Key #24
Key #25
Key #26
Key #27
Key #28
Key #29
Key #30
Key #31
Key #32
Key #33
Key #34
Key #35
Key #36
Key #37
Key #38
Key #39
Key #40
Key #41
Key #42
Key #43
EPILOGUE

Key #5

3.7K 170 19
De blackgraffiti

Paesyn didn't respond on what I said. It's so thick face of me to ask that from him.. but in my state right now, I will do anything just to attend my dance rehearsal. Our upcoming competition is so important for me.. Hindi ako pwedeng magpabaya..

"You dance?" he just spoke when we're already near the school. I inhaled and nodded.

"I can't skip our dance rehearsals anymore.. Our choreo will probably get mad at me and worst.. he will kick me out of the group." I whispered. It's just understandable to explain, right? I need to explain so he will understand me.

"Is that why you've been skipping your piano classes instead?" I can't tell the tone of his voice. It sound serious but.. curious? Hindi ako sumagot at tumitig nalang sa mga daliri. I played with my ring, the thing that I often do when I'm tensed and nervous.

"Do you like to dance more than to play music?" he asked again.

"Yes.." it will always be my answer. I like to dance more. I don't have any interest in music, though I sometimes enjoy listening to them, but I would never have the intent to make my own music and play instruments if my parents didn't force me.

He glanced at me when I looked at him. Mabilis akong agad na nag-iwas ng tingin.

"Sorry to touch the wound but.. is this your parents' decision to teach you how to play piano?" I held my breath with his question. He realized that that quick?

"I'm sorry for prying, I just want to understand you. You're still young and I know the feeling of being deprive by your own freedom. It sucks." I bit my lip and nodded. It's true.. it really sucks big time.

"As much as I want to help you, Ava, I can't. I'm just a temporary employer in Dorothea, I must stick on the rules. Ms. Arianna trusted me with taking care of your special classes." it instantly disappointed me.

I'm so unlucky.

He stopped the car beside Ellion University. Sobrang malawak dito at puro bermuda grass kahit na wala pa sa loob ng school.

"Let's go so you can change and enter the university." he said and unbuckled his seatbelt. Mabilis ko ring tinanggal ang akin at humarap sakaniya.

"Please, Paesyn! Just.. just until our upcoming competition! That would be next next week! Just two weeks, please.. I need two more weeks.. We can pretend that we're having classes!" I said desperately. Napatigil siya at mariing tumingin sakin.

"You want us to pretend? And how can you explain us, not going to Dorothea as scheduled?"

"You.. you can say that we're having the classes on different place! To your own place because you're busy to your studies and band! We can say that!" he suddenly stared at me with amusement.

"You want me to say that we're conducting the class on my own place?" pinagdiinan niya yung own place.

"What's wrong with that?! Sasabihin mo lang na hindi mo na kayang pumunta sa Dorothea dahil sa dami ng ginagawa mo kaya nagvolunteer akong ako nalang ang mag-adjust!" idinantay niya ang isang kamay sa manibela at tinaasan ako ng kilay.

"Are you even aware of how misleading that sounds is? Ava, you're a minor and a student of Dorothea. You can't just take classes on a not registered piano institute."

"But, please! We can just make up stories! We can use your busy schedule!" I'm really desperate and I'm swallowing my pride for this. I don't usually ask someone that I'm not even close for a lending hand. But now.. I repeat that I'm willing to do anything!

"I will pay you extra!" I added. Natawa siya habang amused pa ring nakatingin sakin.

"Really?" I nodded eagerly.

"Yes! That would be a win to win situation, right? You don't have to waste time with me and yet you will still get payed. Mas makakafocus ka sa studies mo at sa band niyo. While me, I can attend my dance rehearsals smoothly." napatango-tango pa ako dahil para sakin, ang ganda-ganda ng naisip kong solusyon.

Paesyn leaned his head on the backrest of the seat while his eyes are still on me.

"You're still missing a lot of things, Ava. You have a driver who will always take you to Dorothea." mabilis akong nag-isip ng paraan para sa isa pang problema na sinabi niya.

I grinned when something tinged inside my head.

"Then you should fetch me here in my university when we have sessions! Para ang alam nila ay may klase talaga tayo somewhere pero ang totoo ay pwede mo na akong idrop sa jeep terminal and you can go on your own! I will also pay for your fuel!" I suggested. I want to clap on myself for thinking that brilliant idea.

He pursed his lips while staring at me. He stared at me for unnecessary long minutes that I became conscious as the seconds passed by.

"So.. what do you think? That's an awesome idea, right? Please, Paesyn.. I really need your help. I'm so sorry for talking rudely to you for the past days.. It's just that piano classes always annoy me.." I said, looking at him with hope.

"You will be needing your parents' signature for the papers. You need their consent, it will be up to them if they will let you have a class on my own place." mariing aniya. I blinked and nodded.

"I will convince them! I just need you to cover up for me for the mean time.. Thank you!" I said happily. He cleared his throat and finally averted his gaze.

"Two weeks, Ava. After two weeks, we'll be back to Dorothea and you will take your classes with me seriously." he said, unsmiling.

I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming because of happiness. Finally!

"Thank you! Thank you! I will be careful so no one will ever apprehend us!" hindi siya nagsalita at tuluyan nang lumabas ng sasakyan. I was still feeling giddy that I just covered my mouth and shut my eyes tightly.

"C'mon, you'll be late." natauhan ako nang mapansing binuksan na ni Paesyn ang pinto sa gawi ko. Tumikhim ako at ngumisi sakaniya. I climb out of the car and he immediately closed the door.

"My brother will hand us the-" hindi naituloy ni Paesyn ang sasabihin nang biglang may lumapit saming mga estudyante.

"Paesyn Holeary?" the girl called with wide eyes. Mabilis akong tumalikod at nagkunwaring tumitingin sa paligid.

"Oh there." I mumbled and acted that I saw something. Mabagal akong naglakad palayo sakanila. I know that that's his fans! Baka mamaya kung anong rumor ang mabuo kapag nalaman ng mga 'yon na kasama ako ni Paesyn.

"Where are you going?" I stopped when I heard his voice. I gulped and refused to look at them.

"Oh.. youʼre with someone?" another girlʼs voice asked. I puckered my lips and prayed that Paesyn would stop talking to me. I don't want to get rumored by anyone popular. Halos kilala na ako sa university dahil kay Aiken at sa mga mapanukso niyang kaibigan, ayoko nang mas makilala pa!

"Yeah, excuse us girls. Nice meeting you by the way." Paesyn said and I felt him approaching me. Mabilis na akong naglakad palayo ron at hindi na lumingon dahil baka mamaya ay makita pa ang mukha ko nung mga babae.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked when he's finally walking beside me. Pasimple ko siyang tiningnan at tumango.

"Sorry, nagmamadali lang. Less than thirty minutes and our exam will start." I reasoned.

"Okay, my brother will hand me your uniform. You can change-" he halted.

"Oh fuck.. where will you change?" he mumbled. I breathed nervously and didn't say anything. Oo nga, saan ako magbibihis? I can't go somewhere again just to change. It will eat more time.

"Hmm.. in your car?" I suggested reluctantly.

"Right. Dapat pala iniwan nalang muna kita ron." he agreed.

"Okay lang, I also want to thank your brother personally. May kapatid ka palang nag-aaral dito?"

"Yeah.. he doesn't want to study on the same university as mine. Says that my popularity bothers him." natatawang aniya. Napatango naman ako. That makes sense.. If I have a sibling that's popular, it would be really awkward to be always ask with "is he your brother? Are you her sister?" kind of questions.

"What's his name?" he must be already on college department since I never heard a Holeary surname in senior highschool department.

"Pyre Adam." woah.. that's a good name. Even Paesyn's name is unique, I never heard that kind of name before until I learned about his existence.

Nang makarating kami sa tapat ng gate ay pansin agad ang isang matangkad na lalaki na may hawak na paperbag. Paesyn is just an inch taller than him when they stood side by side.

Men and their dominating height. My brother's also towering me now with his young age.

Kapag nga nakatayo ako sa gilid ni Paesyn ay pakiramdam ko ang liit-liit ko kahit na tama lang din naman ang height ko para sa mga babae.

"What's with this sudden uniform purchase? Did you decide to transfer here and wear a female attire?" the man asked on a sarcastic voice. Paesyn just laughed at him and snatched the paperbag from his hand.

"It's for my student, your university is too perfectionist. Nadumihan lang yung uniform ayaw na magpapasok." my eyes widen when Paesyn insulted our university, nasa harapan lang sya ng Ellion!

"Says the one who studies on a university that won't let the students enter without their ties." napangiwi ako at tinitigan ang lalaki. He's also handsome, medyo may hawig sila ng kapatid niya.

"Whatever you say, Pyre. Pwede ka nang umalis, babayaran kita mamaya." pagtataboy ni Paesyn.

"Uh wait! Thank you for lending the uniform.." I immediately said. Napatingin sakin si Pyre at pinanliitan ako ng mata.

"Oh.. is this your student? You're a mess, miss." his lips twisted when he saw my ruined uniform. Nahihiya akong tumawa.

"Shut up. Go now." pagtataboy pa lalo ni Paesyn. Pyre just glared at him before he returned his gaze at me.

"You're welcome. You look young, be careful around my brother. Huwag kang magtitiwala sa mga nagbabanda, mapanakit sila." tanging aniya at tinalikuran na kami. Napatunganga lang ako at hindi naintindihan ang sinabi niya. What does that even mean? May pinaghuhugutan ba sya?

Napatingin lang ulit ako kay Paesyn nang mapansin kong tumatawa sya.

"That insane jerk. Don't mind him. Here's your uniform, let's go back to my car."

Bumalik nga kami sa may sasakyan niya at pinapasok niya ako sa backseat. Tinakpan niya yung mga tinted windshield gamit yung mga t-shirts niyang nasa isang bag. I really appreciate that a lot.

Nagtaka ako nang makitang may bagong skirt pa sa loob ng paper bag. White long sleeve lang naman ang kailangan ko dahil hindi naman masyadong halata yung tapon sa skirt ko pero kumpleto talaga yung uniform. It's shocking too because everything is in my size!

Pinalitan ko nalang pareho yung long sleeve at skirt atsaka inayos ang buhok bago lumabas.

"Done?" I nodded at Paesyn who's just guarding the car the whole time I'm changing.

"Thank you talaga.." bahagya lang tumaas ang kilay niya at tumango.

"I'll go to Dorothea to process the necessary papers for the change of place in our fake classes. Babalikan kita rito mamaya, you should talk to your driver. I will also try to talk to your parents first. Kapag pumayag, edi okay. Pirma nalang ang kailangan nila at makaka-attend ka sa dance rehearsal mo mamaya. Kapag hindi, you still need to convince them and I'm afraid you won't be able to attend the practice later." I pouted and smiled eventually.

He's really nice.

"Okay.. but go back to your university after that. Your vacant time is coming to an end. Thank you ulit! I owe you big time! I'll go now, take care!" pagpapaalam ko at tumakbo na papasok ng univeristy.

Paesyn is a sent from heaven! I shouldn't have talk to him rudely! Maaga sana naming napag-usapan ang tungkol dito kung hindi ko siya tinarayan nang tinarayan.

Nakahabol ako sa exam at takang-taka naman si Kerry kung paanong nagkaron ako ng bagong uniform. Hindi niya ako tinigilan hanggang sa mag-uwian na.

"Did you go home? But that's impossible! Did you ask someone to buy you a new uniform?" Kerry asked while we're heading for the parking lot.

"Someone helped me." she even looked at me curiously.

"Who?"

"Paesyn." she nodded but she eventually stopped when she realized who I mentioned.

"Who? Paesyn?" she squeaked but on a forced low tone.

"Paesyn Holeary?" paninigurado niya pa kaya tumango nalang ako.

"For real?! Close kayo?!" I sighed and yawned. I'm still really sleepy.

"He's my piano teacher for a while. Nagkataon lang na nakita natin sila kanina tapos ayon, he offered me help right after you left." her jaw already dropped when I glanced at her.

"Shit.. I'm out of words.." she whispered. Natawa nalang ako at umiling-iling. Gulat din naman ako noong una kong malaman na si Paesyn pala yung substitute ni Ms. Arianna.

Nang marating namin ang parking lot ay halos tumalon ako nang makita kong walang Kuya Ruben na naghihintay.

"Wala kang sundo?" Kerry asked. Ngumisi ako at umiling. I was skipping happily when I spotted Paesyn's car.

"My driver is here, sabay ka nalang? Hatid ka muna namin sa Dorothea, don't worry about Earl. I'm going to be a good actress so he won't suspect a thing- hey!" I ran to Paesyn's car when the car door opened.

Mabilis kong itinulak 'yon pabalik para hindi siya makalabas. There's a lot of students here! Pagkakaguluhan lang siya.

"What are you doing?" nakakunot-noong aniya at medyo ibinaba ang bintana. Mas iniharang ko ang katawan dahil baka makita pa rin siya.

"Ava? What are you doing?" Kerry is already behind me so I looked at her and signalled her to don't say anything. Sumilip sya sa tinatakpan ko at nanlaki ang mata mang makita si Paesyn.

"Hey.. you can't go out. Baka pagkaguluhan ka." I said and roamed my eyes around. May ilan na nakatingin sa gawi ko pero agad din namang nag-iiwas ng mata.

"Pumayag ba sila mommy?" I asked eagerly.

"Get in the car and we'll talk properly." he said and closed the windshield. Napanguso ako at tumingin kay Kerry.

"There's a 50/50 chance that I'll be able to attend our dance rehearsal. See you later if I see you!" paalam ko at umikot na para pumasok na sa passenger seat. Agad din namang tumakbo si Kerry papunta sa sasakyan nila kaya napahinga ako nang malalim.

"How is it?" I asked again. Binuhay na rin agad ni Paesyn ang makina ng sasakyan at nagdrive paalis.

"Your parents were having second thoughts. Saglit ko lang silang nakausap dahil mukhang busy sila pero marami silang tinanong. Like where's my place, is it safe, they're also asking for a background check for me. They also want to see the place before they allow you." napatanga ako at nanghihinang napasandal sa backrest.

"I told you this wouldn't be easy." he added. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"I'm willing to give them the background check that they want but we literally don't have a place as back up, Ava. I'm currently living on an apartment. I have one in mind but I doubt your parents will let you come to that place." I turned at him.

"Saan yan?"

"To my band's hideout. It's a decent house and there's a complete set of instruments but considering your age, you're not allowed there. We are all men hanging out in that house." I blinked and sat up straight.

"Nakapunta na ako ron." bigla siyang kunot noong napalingon sakin.

"What? How?"

"I was with Kerry and her brother that time. Hexon Ladesa." Paesyn's mouth opened with the realization.

"Your friend is Hexon's sister?" I nodded.

"You weren't there when we went to your band's place." he pursed his lip.

"That's why the whole band knows you."

"My mom and dad found out that I went there and they were mad. We really can't let them see that place as our class' area." nakangiwi kong ani. Kung ano-ano nanamang sasabihin nila tungkol sa pagiging mahinhin at pag-akto dapat ng isang disenteng babae. Rich people are so old school, I wish I'm not part of them.

Hindi nagsalita si Paesyn at mukhang malalim na ang iniisip.

"Does that mean.. I can't attend my dance rehearsal today?" I asked, partly sad. Alam ko namang 50/50 pero nalulungkot pa rin ako. I really want to attend since the competition is near.. I can't mess up.

Paesyn blew a breath and briefly looked at me.

"You'll attend your dance rehearsal. Your parents were aware that you're with me. I'll call someone that's connected to Dorothea to cover for us. No one will report to your parents that we didn't had a class in that place today." gulat akong napantingin sakaniya.

Is he for real?! Hulog talaga siya ng langit!

"Really?! You'll do that for me?!" hindi siya sumagot pero masaya pa rin talaga ako.

May connection ba siya kung kanino na nasa Dorothea? How could he ask someone for that? Dorothea Piano Institute is so strict with classes and record of attendance. Kapag hindi ka pumasok, asahan mo nang makakarating agad 'yon sa guardian or parents mo.

"I'll drop you to your dance studio first. Aalis din ako, we have a gig tonight. Tell me the address."

I was so happy while we're heading to the studio. Hindi ko namamalayan na dinadaldal ko na si Paesyn dahil sa sobrang saya ko. I don't usually talk to someone that I'm not comfortable to be with.

But since Paesyn is doing a big favor for me, I guess he already earned a friendship and kindness from me.

In exchange of what he's doing for me, I will start to treat him better!

Alam kong pwede siyang mapahamak dahil sa mga hinihiling ko sakaniya pero pinagbibigyan niya pa rin ako. Considering that we're not even close enough, it's really so nice of him to do these things for me.

Buti nalang siya ang naging substitute ni Ms. Arianna.

"I will enter the car on the village, is it allowed? Should I get a sticker?" tanong ni Paesyn nang lumiko na siya at papasok sa subdivision kung nasaan ang studio.

"It's really not that strict here so I guess it's okay even if you don't get a sticker. Mag-iwan ka nalang muna ng id, hindi ka rin naman madalas dito. Sayang pera." sigurado kasing bibili pa ng sticker.

Bahagyang tumaas ang kilay niya pero tumango naman.

"Siya nga pala, send me your bank account details. Babayaran kita everyday, hindi kasi pwedeng isang bagsakan. Baka mahalata nila mommy. Hindi naman nila minomonitor madalas ang expenses ko pero baka magtaka incase maisipan nilang tingnan ang mga pinaggagawa ko. Hindi naman kasi ako magastos."

He didn't say anything again so I just shrugged. Ibibigay niya rin naman 'yan sakin kasi may usapan kami.

Medyo gagaan ata ang buhay ko dahil kay Paesyn Holeary!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

834K 38.9K 30
At age seven, Nina was adopted by a mysterious man she called 'daddy'. Surprisingly, 'daddy' is young billionaire Lion Foresteir, who adopted her at...
1.9M 24.4K 48
Soon to be Published Solana's mother works as a maid for Yleo's family, but in an unexpected event her mother passes away. Before it disappeared fro...
129K 2.7K 22
Duke & Izza